Author Topic: CHRISTIAN UNDERWOOD vs GRIFFIN HAWKINS  (Read 1416 times)

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
CHRISTIAN UNDERWOOD vs GRIFFIN HAWKINS
« on: December 31, 2017, 01:07:11 PM »
 Post all roleplays here.

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 11:11:27 PM »

"In the beginning, there was Gene Banton."

Christian Underwood, co-owner of the soon-to-be defunct wrestling phenom known as Sin City Wrestling, sits on a chair atop the stage inside of a small studio. Behind him, filling the background, rests the promotional image of the next and final SCW Supercard from out of the Gold Coast in Las Vegas; Full Circle. Christian is dressed in a chiq long-sleeve silk shirt, wine colored, matching silk black slacks and dress shoes. With hands clasped together on his lap and one ankle kicked up over his knee, Christian is the calm personification of confidence during this expose' into his wrestling past.

Christian Underwood: There were three people that I owe everything to in my career in professional wrestling, especially at the start. The first person who I have to name is someone who is pretty familiar in Sin City Wrestling; 'the Goldenboy' Gene Banton.

>

Christian Underwood: The first wrestling promotion I ever worked for was the Phantasy Wrestling Alliance in the mid-to-late nineties, and Lorynn was one of the main promoters there. Not to mention she was the only female wrestling promoter that I knew of at the time, but she didn't let being a woman in a so-called men's club stop her from being a success. She was a real ball buster who knew the business inside and out, and she always had an eye for talent, even if they were thought of as useless at the very beginning.

Christian chuckled, biting his bottom lip.

Christian Underwood: I still have absolutely no idea why she ever hired me in the first place. I had no background in the business. I had no real training. I was basically what you'd think of as a backyard wrestler making his first stab at entering the sport. And let's face it; I sucked.

Christian pointed a forefinger toward the camera.

Christian Underwood: Not a word, Ward.

Christian shrugged helplessly, but not without a smile on his face in remembering this woman.

Christian Underwood: Maybe she saw something in me that even I didn't see, I don't know. I couldn't even begin to say what was going through her mind when this scrawny sixteen year old told her that he wanted to be a wrestler. My parents had to sign a consent form which wasn't a problem. At the time, my relationship at home wasn't ideal with a military father having a gay son, but I am glad to say that things have improved considerably over the past ten years.

He mouthed 'Love you dad!' into the camera with a wink before he continued.

Christian Underwood: Of course she wouldn't just let me into a ring and just see what I could do in front of ten thousand fans. She had two of her top stars, 'Golden' Glenn Sabel and 'Dazzlin' Debbie Greig. They were part of this team called Premiere Enterprises and they took the time out of their busy schedules to lend a hand to this kid, just to teach him at least a few of the basics.

Phantasy Wrestling Alliance - Houston, Texas, the Unicorn Ballroom
September 28 - 1996

The Houston crowd booed as the youngster known by his given name of Christian Underwood, took control over the capacity crowd favorite, Chippendale - one-half of the legendary tag team Twisted Steel & Sex Appeal. Sporting simply but flashy attire of a cutoff t and denim booty shorts with a pair of boots he had borrowed from one of the vets and stuffed the toes with paper to make them fit. His chestnut brown hair was long, near reaching his shoulder blades and his body was skinny, nowhere near as developed as it was to this day.

Chippendale was the typical pretty boy wrestler, and was controversial for being the only man in the history of the sport to compete in a thong -- and nothing else! But his looks, body and clothes (or lack thereof) did not detract from the fact he was an exceptionally talented in-ring competitor, especially when paired with his (then) best friend and (now) husband, Anthony Costantino aka Thunder. Chippendale had been in full control of the match from the opening bell, overwhelming the smaller and vastly inexperienced Christian.

As Christian's best buddy and valet, Selena Lesseos, known to fans as Delicious, cheered him on, Christian shoved Chippendale in between the top and middle ring ropes and gouged at his eyes as the crowd booed, as if threatening to riot for him having the audacity to take the control away from their preferred wrestler! The referee issued his count against the teenage rookie, and Christian broke but only long enough to pull Chippendale roughly back inside of the ring and he used the exotic competitor's long hair as a handle to snapmare him over a series of three times. All the while, the referee admonishing him for the rule infractions and Delicious admonishing the official for doing his job!

Christian dragged the surprised Chippendale up off of his feet and sent him into the ropes for a dropkick, but his lack of leg strength only got him up just above the stomach, but still enough to do a little damage. Christian then went to the well once to often by pulling his opponent up again and sending him into the corner. Christian got a head full of steam and charged in, but Christian leapfrogged up and found himself perched on Christian's shoulders! One could tell the teen was struggling to hold up the two hundred pounds, but as he turned around, Chippendale rolled him forward into a victory roll and hooked both legs for a near fall, Christian just BARELY able to escape!

With the crowd now firmly behind him, Chippendale dragged his younger opponent up and roughly shoved him back into the corner! Grabbing two handfuls of his hair, Chippendale looked about for the crowd approval -- and he got it tenfold as he returned the favor from earlier and sent Christian into a tailspin across the ring! With Delicious protesting on the outside, Christian fell back into the corner, frantically checking his head for fresh and new bald spots! But being upright set him up as Chippendale leaped up upon him and brought him out of the corner the hard way, with one of his trademark maneuvers -- the monkey flip!

Christian tried to escape through the ropes, but Chippendale was all over him and dragged him right back inside! He scooped him up and drove him down into the mat with a body slam! With his opponent sprawled out onto the mat, Chippendale scaled the corner until he had reached the top. Then sizing him up, Chippendale leapt from his perch and crash landed on Christian with a guillotine leg drop! Christian was spent, and Chippendale rolled over on top of him and hooked the inside leg for the fateful count of three!

Back in the studio, Christian could only shrug helplessly but with a good natured expression on his handsome face.

Christian Underwood: Hey, I never claimed to be good. I'd be lying if I tried. I was awful, let's face it. I had no direction, little training in ring skills or physical fitness, and if I'm going to be completely honest here? I didn't know the first thing about how to protect my opponents. The victory roll you saw Chippendale use on me? I wasn't st6rong enough to hold him up properly and when he went for the roll through, I dumped him on his head and he got a stinger.

A brief video clip several years old is shown of Chippendale being checked backstage by medical personnel, as his tag team partner Thunder held an ice pack to the back of his neck while their mutual manager, the familiar face of Ms. Angel (wife of Austin Parker, the trainer/manager of SCW great J2H) hovered over his shoulder while he was examined.

Christian Underwood: I can't even begin to tell you how awful I felt when one of the guys backstage rubbed it in my face that I had hurt him. There was an unspoken rule that you fought to win but didn't try to deliberately hurt the other guy. I know there was a bit of malice in his words back then, because I was the first openly homosexual wrestler in the sport, and it made a number of the guys uncomfortable. On the flip side, Chippendale was also known for being gay, he just wasn't as in-your-face about the subject as I was.

He chuckled.

Christian Underwood: I found him and apologized. Over and over I told him I was sorry but all he said was that there was a reason they were called 'accidents.' That was just the kind of man Derrick was, and is. He didn't hold grudges. As they were leaving, Ms. Angel had taken me aside and offered me some advice. She told me that I needed to consider getting some proper ring training before these accidents became something of a norm. I know now she was being sincere and trying to help a kid get better, but the problems between my dad and myself at the time made me narrow minded and stubborn. I didn't want anyone's help and thought I could handle things just fine without anyone else butting in.

He shrugged with a helpless expression.

Christian Underwood: I was wrong. Two other men got hurt working with me, Bandana and John Blair. Both big names in the PWA at the time, and both willing to work with a kid who didn't know what the hell he was doing. I just unfortunately proved their good natured generosity incorrect. Deep down I knew I was in trouble, but still ... stubborn! That's when Lorynn Lee, the promoter and my boss at the time decided to intervene if her investment wasn't going to crap out on her. It wasn't just my neck on the line. That wonderful woman went to the bank on me, and if I hurt someone with my lack of training, then it fell on her shoulders as well. So she got involved twofold.

One, she pre-booked my next match to be against Austin Parker, who was working under the ring name Romeo at the time as a member of the Twisted Steel and Sex Appeal stable. She knew that if anyone could protect himself against an inept opponent, he could. And if anyone could help me and make me look better than I was, also he could. Of course, she also didn't take into account that Austin's Romeo personae was just that. Onscreen he was a classic good guy, but backstage?

He scoffed and shook his head.

Christian Underwood: He was an asshole of the highest order. The man you saw in Sin City Wrestling with J2H? The loud, arrogant, in-your-face jackass? That was the real Romeo. He agreed to work with me for Lorynn, but he never promised to make me look good.

Phantasy Wrestling Alliance - Oakland, California, the Oracle Arena
October 25 - 1996

The bell rang and the flamboyantly attired Christian Underwood raced across the ring towards his opponent, Austin Parker aka Romeo! Christian used his larger opponent's thigh as a stepping stool to scale his body and onto his shoulders, sliding off and throwing him over with a cheerleader roll! As soon as Romeo was back to his feet, Christian was on him again, literally, as he jumped on his shoulders. Taking a note out of Chippendale's book from the previous month, Christian made the attempt at the victory roll, but the moment he rolled through, Romeo dropped his full weight of two hundred and forty pounds onto his opponent, pinning his shoulders to the mat for the three count!

As simple and as quick as that, Christian had been defeated -- in a mere nine seconds! As the referee raised the arm of Romeo, Christian simply at on the mat, shocked and humiliated.

Back in the studio...

Christian Underwood: Not one of my better moments in the business. In fact, I can honestly say that was my lowest point, ever. I can't even begin to tell you how embarrassed I was, how humiliated! Even though Austin had been the winner, I felt, I knew, that everyone's eyes were on me. Pointing at me. Making fun of me. Selena tried to console me in the ring but it really wasn't any use. I just wanted to leave and never come back. The problem with that is that in order to leave, I had to walk backstage where I already knew everyone backstage would be laughing at me. I mean, they'd have to be. If I was them, I'd be laughing at me too! But little did I know, a moment that would change my life was going to take place just minutes later. And little did I know, that weeks ago, Miss Lorynn Lee had taken other steps in order to help me out.

Las Vegas, Nevada

The match between Chippendale and Christian Underwood from the end of September had just finished on the small television, and the set switched off. On one side of the desk sat one of the PWA's head promoters, Lorynn Lee, and across from her was none other than 'Goldenboy' Gene Banton who had only recently hung up his wrestling boots and replaced them with managerial shoes. Even during his active status in the ring, Gene had taken a number of female talents and trained them, bringing them to the cusps of greatness in not only the PWA, but also the International Wrestling Alliance where he had also worked.

Lorynn Lee: Well, what do you think?

Rather than answer straight away, Gene pushed himself up from behind his desk and walked around it and to the impressive mini bar that he had on hand for business meetings that might need a little added point of relaxation. Opening a cupboard, he removed two small glasses and opening the ice bin, filled each with a few cubes. He took one and turned to Lorynn and held it up in silent invitation to which she gratefully accepted.

Lorynn Lee: Scotch, please.

Pouring her a generous amount, and some for himself as well, Gene handed the glass to his guest in his mansion and walked back around behind his desk to have a seat once again. Taking a sip, he lowered the glass and nodded.

"Goldenboy" Gene Banton: Kid has style, I can't deny that. Never saw a man wrestle in an outfit like that before, but he knows how to get the audience's eyes on him, and that's important. But his in-ring work?

Gene shook his head with a frown as he took another drink. Lorynn mimicked him, taking a sip and she nodded.

Lorynn Lee: I know. Derrick hurt his neck when Christian's legs buckled on that victory roll. Problem is, this is becoming something of a habit. Two others got hurt in matches with the kid, superficial injuries all in all, but one day it's not going to be superficial.

"Goldenboy" Gene Banton: If he's lucky to make it that long. At this rate, his track record for injuries has to be making the rounds backstage. Locker room gossip spreads fast as I recall, and sooner or later he's going to have a hell of a time finding someone to work with him.

Lorynn nodded before taking a drink.

Lorynn Lee: I know, and unfortunately you're not wrong. I've already had three refusals to work with him because of his track record. If something isn't done soon, the poor kid is going to find himself in a forced retirement.

She started to take another drink but lowered the glass, as her eyes roamed to the man behind the desk, a man she had done business with on multiple occasions. His mind was clearly working, the gears were running.

Lorynn Lee: Can you help him?

Gene continued to sit there, his eyes on the glass in his hands. She had almost figured he hadn't heard her, and was going to repeat herself, when he looked up at her.

"Goldenboy" Gene Banton: I don't know. I have to admit that until now, I've never trained a man before. Just the women that have worked for PWA and IWA. This would be a first for me, and to tell you the truth, before I can help him, the kid is going to actually want my help.

He set his glass down on a coaster on his desktop and rubbed his chin.

"Goldenboy" Gene Banton: What's he like?

Lorynn paused in thought, trying to find the right words to describe the teenage Christian underwood when she opted for the hard truth. Better to let Gene know what he was in for in case he did decide to take young mister Underwood under his proverbial wing.

Lorynn Lee: Opinionated. The boy has a pretty sharp mind and a wit to match. It doesn't matter that he's surrounded by men twice his size and vastly more experienced. He doesn't put up with their hazing or their taunts.

"Goldenboy" Gene Banton: So what you're saying is, is that he's a smart ass.

Lorynn Lee: Gene, he is the Einstein of smart asses. But so far he's been lucky. One of these days though he is going to say the wrong thing about the wrong man, and that man won't find it as amusing as Christian does. Plus, a couple of the boys found out the hard way not to try to prank the kid. Christian bit back and gave them twice as good as what he got.

Gene chuckled and leaned back in his office chair.

Christian Underwood: Nothing wrong with being a smart ass. I've found from experience with the girls I trained that being a smart ass equates to world championship material. I like this kid already.

Gene then picked up his glass once again and looked toward Lorynn with his serious business face.

"Goldenboy" Gene Banton: I'd like to meet him.

Back to the studio...

Christian Underwood: And he did meet me. On the show before that embarrassing match against Austin. And I have to admit I wasn't the most receptive, when Lorynn invited Selena and I to sit at her table during the pre-show buffet. I mean, it was unnerving enough for a rookie to be invited to sit with the boss lady, but I had a feeling she did it as much to make everyone in there to leave me along as much to work her magic with Gene and myself. It's weird to think about now, given as a kid I was such a huge fan of his, but sitting at the table where my wrestling idol was seated?

Christian shook his head.

Christian Underwood: I-I wasn't nice. Let's just leave it at that. Deep down I had a feeling I knew why she wanted to introduce us, and I wanted nothing to do with it. I knew I had bee hurting people and I hated that, but if I was going to improve, I wanted to do it on my own. I just didn't realize at the time that this, this was impossible. And then that match happened, and I knew damn well Gene and Lorynn had been watching it. I was walking backstage, the biggest walk of shame I think anyone could muster after having your ass handed to you in less than ten seconds! I half expected to get fired as soon as I went backstage when the inevitable happened.

Backstage in the Oracle Arena, Christian was walking at a snail's pace back towards the dressing room, not wanting to go anywhere where the other wrestlers would be gathered. Not after what had just happened. How long? The ring announcer had said he'd been beaten in nine seconds... NINE SECONDS! How -- how could this have happened!? His pace started to quicken, as he hid his eyes from everyone working or hanging out backstage, knowing full well that they were staring at him. With either contempt or pity, he was unsure which would be worse. His friend Delicious picked up her own pace to match his, reaching out to put her hand on his shoulder in a consoling gesture.

Delicious: Chrissy...

But Christian reacted instinctively by shrugging it off and continuing on.

Christian Underwood: Don't... just, don't.

She sighed, but had to accept how bad he felt for what had just happened. Footsteps approached from behind and Austin passed the two, pausing just long enough to clap the kid on the arm and offer him a condescending smile.

Austin Parker: Better luck next time, eh?

Austin chuckled, and shook his head as he passed them en route to the dressing room area. Christian stopped, staring hard at the retreating back of the man who had just humiliated him beyond comprehension. His hands tightened into fists, and he breathed deeply while Delicious watched him, knowing what was going through his mind. She shook her head.

Delicious: Chrissy, don't.

But like in all matters, Christian didn't listen and before anyone knew what was happening, Christian broke into a full on run and pounced on Austin's back, taking the larger man by surprise and knocking him to the floor! Christian started throwing fist after fist into the back of the larger man's head, but his advantage didn't last for long because Austin was bigger, stronger, and a better fighter! Austin threw him off and Christian suddenly found himself pinned under Austin's two hundred and forty plus pounds and was being pummeled by the hardest blows he had ever felt!

Chaos erupted as shouts and calls from everywhere sounded, everything from the schoolyard "Fight! Fight!" to pleas to end the fighting! A crowd gathered in a circle as Austin/Romeo's backstage cohort Bandana worked to prevent anyone from helping the kid with what he had in fact started! Suddenly Delicious was on Austin's back, trying to save and protect 'her Chrissy'! Such was the bond of the friendship between the two, that neither would think twice about risking themselves in order to protect the other!

Still on his knees, Austin tried to reach blindly behind him to pry her off, but she responded by grabbing his outstretched hand and biting down hard on his fingers! Austin shouted out in pain and surprise, shocked that she went so far, and tried swinging his body to throw her off when an elbow accidentally caught her in the midsection, knocking her off and to the floor! She held her stomach in pain, as Austin turned back to go back after Christian who, by now, was a bloody mess!

Christian tried to shield his head from the blows with his forearms but it was a weak defense at best and the blows continued until he simply stopped trying, to hurt and weakened! His arms fell to his sides and the blows continued, his face now a mask of bruises and blood! It would have gotten much, much worse, had a concerned stagehand not ran for help to the boss's office, and let Lorynn know what was happening! And it just so happened that Gene had also been in her office at the time.

Austin prepared for another shot when suddenly two tree trunk arms wrapped around his waist from behind and pulled him effortlessly off of his victim and THREW him back around and across the floor! Austin tumbled in a roll and ended up halfway across the hall! He jumped to his feet and looked to see just who would have been strong enough to send a man his size flying like that, when he saw who was standing between him and Christian! Gene stared him down, his fists clenched at his sides and at the ready!

"Goldenboy" Gene Banton: Go ahead. Take that step you little bitch. Come near this kid again and I'll give your wife your balls for earrings!

And he meant it too! Try as he might to explain it to himself, Gene liked the kid who had now been reduced to that broken mess! Despite the way Christian had treated him only hours ago, he was now in for a pound, as they would say. And Austin? He engaged Gene in the stare down of the century between the two alpha males, and indeed took that first step toward him when someone else set foot into his path. Austin glanced down at the hard edged boss lady, Lorynn Lee, who stared back up at him with strong, unwavering eyes. She brought her finger up into his face and spoke with shocking authority.

Lorynn Lee: Get out. You take just one more step, and I can promise you that come tomorrow, you will never work for PWA -- again!

Austin looked her as though she were crazy and pointed past her toward Christian's body who now had Gene, Delicious watching over him as the paramedics went to work to get him to a hospital! Gene knew Lorynn well enough she could handle Austin, and were he to play the fool, he would just have to intervene and end it.

Austin Parker: Are you kiddin' me!? He was the one who...!

Lorynn Lee: And I will deal with it, but from what I understand, you took it one step too far. Now go.

She pointed now past him and back towards the dressing rooms.

Lorynn Lee: Now!

Austin wasn't afraid of anyone, but he knew damn well the effect Lorynn's threat could have on his livelihood. And that was not something he was willing to risk. He stared hard at her, then at the scene behind her before he simply turned and walked back the way she had demanded.

Back at the studio, Christian stretched his legs and arms out to their full length, before he looked into the camera with a smile.

Christian Underwood: Okay, I think that's enough of my back story for now. Oh trust me, there'll be more to come because I do believe I mentioned a third person who had influenced my life and career. And there's still more to tell about what had come to pass after Austin left me laying in a pool of my own blood. But something tells me that Griffin Hawkins is watching this and wondering what the hell any of this has to do with him and our match together.

Christian then leaned forward with his hands now clasped together and resting on his knees.

Christian Underwood: Well see Griffin, that's the thing. This story that I've been telling, my little trip to the past? It has nothing to do with you, not really. But it has everything to do with me, and where I came from. Not to mention what I used to be and what I became. I wanted to take this journey into the past for what we're about to do, because I don't want you to get the wrong idea about me. I don't want you to think for a second that you have this match in the bag because you're going up against the boss. I don't want you to think that I'm just some upstart boss who likes to throw his weight around and not be able to back up his own words or actions. And if you did your homework Griffin? You'd know exactly that. You see, over the past six years, my partner in SCW Mark Ward has been involved in numerous rivalries that culminated in matches against men he had gotten under the skin of. Men like Kain and Spike Staggs, teaming with Jordan Williams against legends like Chippendale and Thunder until his final retirement match against Austin Parker himself ... and all under the SCW banner! But me?

He held up two fingers.

Christian Underwood: Twice. Only two times have I set foot inside of an SCW ring as a competitor. Once against Gabriel, and the other time teaming with Mark himself against Nick Jones and Tom Dudely for control of SCW. I didn't make more of an effort to compete, and why? Well for one, I wanted to be the boss that wasn't always getting into the spotlight against the men who basically worked for me, and two, I just wanted to stay out of things as much as possible because the workload of SCW was overwhelming. I just decided to leave the in-ring settlement of scores with wrestlers to Mark while I handled other avenues of the business. I remained active when I could outside of SCW, but as we grew more successful, my bookings on the outside grew fewer and further between. Until now.

He nodded.

Christian Underwood: That's right Griffin. You are the first person that I have even considered setting foot inside of the ring against since my match with Gabriel over three years ago! That should either tell you how much of a pedestal I might have you on as a potential money maker, or how little I think of you in the desire to hand your ass to you on a silver platter at our very last show. I'll leave that for you to decide, but I do know this; I know full well that this match will be one of the highlights of the show, even though your championship isn't on the line. And there's the thing.

He held up a forefinger.

Christian Underwood: I have actually been asked by a handful of people why I didn't make you put your title on the line against me, and I was like...

He frowned and shrugged while shaking his head.

Christian Underwood: What would the point be? For me, it would be a lose-lose situation. I win -- and I would win, people would either think low of me for winning a title in my own promotion, or they'd assume I had bribed the official to ensure my win.

He smiled and shook his head.

Christian Underwood: But I don't need to take any shortcuts like that in order to put your shoulders down on the mat, do I? Now I won't lie and say I wasn't absolutely thrilled when you first signed that contract to work for us. I knew that you were one of the hottest free agents in wrestling at the time, and I knew your name on the marquee would mean money, money, money! And once you started to rise to the top, Mark and I were confident that our investment in you would pay off in dividends. But if all this is true, why then have I taken such a disliking to you?

He shook his head.

Christian Underwood: Mainly because as your success grew, you started to believe your own hype and act accordingly. You act as though victories for you yourself are a given and if you could, I'm sure you would have had a Hulk Hogan-level create control inserted into your contract. You make Jennifer Lopez look like Meryl Streep when it comes to being humble. I'm shocked you don't demand a private jet or extra dressing rooms for your huge entourage. or even demand we get you an entourage to start with! My desire for this match, it isn't to go out there and show everyone that I've still got it. That'll just come naturally when they see their high and mighty Internet Champion put down flat on his back like he was a high school cheerleader on a date with the star quarterback! No, it's simply to prove a point to you, and to everyone else out there watching our match.

He leaned forward, staring hard at the camera.

Christian Underwood: This match? It's all about me going out there and proving to you, and only you, that you're not as great as you seem to think you are. And, if you think I'm not taking this match as seriously as you are, chew on this; this is the last show for Sin City Wrestling. Not the last show for Climax Control or the last Supercard show. It's the last show -- ever!

He raised his eyebrows and nodded.

Christian Underwood: Can you seriously sit there and ask yourself, 'Is Christian Underwood really going to go out there on SCW's last show, in his last match, and lose?'

He shook his head in all seriousness.

Christian Underwood: It's not happening Hawkins. Like SCW, I too am going out on top, a first class, Grade A winner.

He slowly started to stand up.

Christian Underwood: But not to worry. I'm sure you're dying to know more about my past, and next time, I'll gladly indulge you. I'm sure you won't mind because if your hair and clothes are any indication, you don't mind living in the past.

With that, Christian took his leave and made his exit off the stage, and only a moment after, the lone spotlight faded to black.

? Mae West

Offline Griffin Hawkins

• View Profile
    • Griffin Hawkins
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 11:46:37 PM »
 (OOC- Sorry its a Bit shorter than usual, kinda running on empty this week, but enjoy!)

For a while, things are the way they should be. Even though SCW was closing soon, I had another company waiting in the wings for me. The holidays were good, I got to see my family and my wife's family again. It was 2018, things were going good. I felt for the first time in a long time, things were going my way. But as always, what goes up...must come down. Back in the office, I was just relaxing, looking over the newspaper. Aiden has gone out for lunch, leaving me to have the office to myself. My peace is interrupted when a familiar face showed up. She looked good for being middle aged as her raven hair cascaded down her white smooth skin. She looked down at me with a calm yet...icy look in her eyes.

Cassandra Ravencroft: Griffin Hawkins I presume...

I was hoping I would not have to see her. The mother of Aiden..something told me this wasn't under pleasant circumstances.

Griffin Hawkins: Mrs.Ravencroft...so nice to see you again...

Cassandra Ravencroft: You know there's no need to be formal with me Griffin.

Griffin Hawkins: I know..I just want to be a gentleman.

Cassandra Ravencroft: How chivalrous.

Griffin Hawkins: So...what brings you here? I figured you'd be too busy to come by a place like this..

Cassandra Ravencroft: Now now..don't be silly Griffin. I am never too busy and important to see an establishment such as this. I want to see where my son works..

Griffin Hawkins: Well if you're looking for him, he's out to lunch. I'm sure he'll be back  in a little bit.

Cassandra Ravencroft: I'm sure he will...but I figure I get a good look at this establishment.

Griffin Hawkins: Well..you're free to look around.

She looked around at my office, giving a nod at the surroundings.

Cassandra Ravencroft: Well it's not exactly conventional it is a fine workplace for the common working man.

I wanted to take it as a compliment...but I think in her own condescending way she was looking down at me.

Griffin Hawkins: ...thank you.

Cassandra Ravencroft: I just hope you realize that it won't be long till my son returns to Ravencroft Hotel.

Griffin Hawkins: I beg your pardon?

Cassandra Ravencroft: Come on Griffin, he was born and bred to take over the family business after me and Clifford step down. It's inevitable.

Now the gloves were coming off...I knew this was going to happen. I got up to look at her, remaining calm.

Griffin Hawkins: With all due respect Mrs...erm...Cassandra, Aiden made his choice to work for me.

Cassandra Ravencroft: Of course he did, I'm not doubting that. But he's just killing time. Everyone goes through a dry spell...but they eventually find their way.

Griffin Hawkins: This isn't a dry spell...this is something he wants to do. He told me himself that he's grown bored of running the business day by day..he wants to try something for himself.

Cassandra Ravencroft: He's done this before Griffin...he always rebelled, but eventually found his way back. And what is this business of yours exactly? Helping the unfortunate? You'd much rather him help a bunch of lost degenerates find their way when he should be going for his true calling?

I was keeping inside a lot of anger. I really wanted to tell this bitch how I really felt about her. But I maintained my composure.

Griffin Hawkins: I..really think it'd be best if you leave Cassandra.

Cassandra Ravencroft: Alright then..it's been a pleasure Griffin.

She smiles and heads towards the exit. But before she could reach the door, Aiden walks in.

Aiden Ravencroft: Yo Griff, I got us some sandwiches and......Mom?

Cassandra Ravencroft: Well hello dear.

Aiden Ravencroft: ...Why are you here?

Cassandra Ravencroft: No reason...see you at home.

She just smiles and leaves the office. Aiden looks confused as he looks over to me.

Aiden Ravencroft: What the hell was that all about?

I wanted to tell him everything she said...but it didn't feel right for some reason.

Griffin Hawkins: She just...stopped by to say hello.

Aiden Ravencroft: Oh...well, lets eat.

He gave me a meatball sub as he took a turkey sub. A lot of what she said bothered me. How long would Aiden work for me before going back to working at the family hotel? I know I shouldn't be doubting him, but she somehow managed to creep into my head. Will he be with me for the long run? Time will tell.

---------------------------------------------

Cameras come to what looks to be my final promo ever. I sit in the parking lot of the arena, dressed in a Motley Crue Hoodie and blue jeans. My hands are in my pockets as I sit on the hood of my car, my eyes covered by dark sunglasses.

"In every life...there comes a day of reckoning. A time when unsettled scores demand their retribution. Where our own lies and transgressions are finally laid bare. And that day is fast approaching. Full Circle. The final night of Sin City Wrestling's Existence. The end of an era for many who have wrestled in this great company in the last six years. Some will retire from the sport after it's closure, some will move on to different organizations. But I can't leave until all scores are settled. Yes, I will go down as the final Internet Champion in Sin City Wrestling history...but I can't leave until I deal with the man himself...his name is Christian Underwood. A man who from day one has saw fit to make my life a living hell. He tried as hard as he could to keep me from reaching the top, but he no matter how much he could stack the deck...I always came out on top. And he'll have to live with the unbearable truth that I'll go down as one of the best wrestlers in Sin City history. But before I close the chapter on my time in SCW, I have to do what I've been wanting to do for so many months and that is to get Underwood in the ring...one on one. No more games, no more sneak attacks from behind, no more booking me in matches where I have to face impossible odds. End game is here, and I want to win it."

The wind begins to blow through my hair as I continue my promo.

"There is one thing I don't understand Christian...all this time, why do you feel the need to keep me down? Why do you get some sick pleasure in booking me in matches where I could get my career ended or lose my title? You more than anyone know how it feels to go against the grain, to be told by others that you don't have what it takes to make it to the top of the company. You've gone through what I've gone through...maybe even worse. But why do you continue to do this? I think I know why. Because deep down inside your insecurities are getting the best of you. You're not the Pink Flamingo no more...you're just some sellout in a suit...and watching me every week on TV makes you long for the days that you lit up the crowd. A lot say it's jealousy...I say it's a reminder of what you used to do. In your days you took on so many, big, small, it didn't matter. You were a role model for all the outcasts, people who were afraid to come out of the closet. What would they think of you if they could see you now? What would they think of the Christian Underwood who holds certain superstars in disdain just because he sees them as undesirable to hold a Championship? But this isn't about the past...it's about now. For the first time ever...The Rock Soldier..The Pink Flamingo..one on one, last show of SCW, bragging rights will go to the winner."

After months of tension...this was all finally going to come to a head.

"I know what you're thinking Christian? You think I'm looking at you as just some guy that I can easily mop the floor with just because you're not a wrestler anymore, but the thing is...I'm not. I'll admit there were times when I wanted to come up and break your face. But then I found out that you were a wrestler in your day. You had amassed quite a reputation...even holding some gold along the way. That's why I called you out a few weeks ago, because I knew you were still able to fight. See, I did some studying on you, and I saw what you used to be. And I'll admit, what you've done is impressive, very impressive from where I sit. That's why I look forward to this match. You finally found your balls and decided to come at me face to face instead of attacking me from behind like a little bitch. But here's the thing, I don't think you've studied me enough Christian. When I got here you thought I was some jabroni who'd be gone and forgotten in a month...but as you can see, I exceeded your expectations. I took on the biggest and the baddest here in SCW, and I even managed to capture my first...and by the looks of it...only gold in SCW. I even avenged my loss to Samuel Deveraux. I don't want you to underestimate me Christian. Not to toot my own horn, but I am one of the best athletes in the sport today. And it's not just me blowing smoke, it's all your employees. Mark Ward knew what he was getting when he signed me...I just hope you know what you're getting when you face me."

I get off my car, walking alongside the parking lot with my hands in my pockets.

"For the last few months you've been going around...saying I'm an embarrassment, how someone like me should not represent Sin City Wrestling. But in your mind..who should? Some weak transitional champion like James Tuscini? A spineless little kiss ass that does whatever Dmitri says? Or some self entitled douche canoe like Calvin Harris who comes and goes anytime he pleases and doesn't even get punished for it? Please. So who should've represented SCW till the end? Honestly its not for you to decide who represents SCW, it's for the fans to decided. You may not like them, but they are the lifeblood of this business. If it wasn't for them, you and me...we'd both be out of a job. Maybe that's why you detest me....maybe it is jealousy after all. Because in your prime, no matter what you could do...you could never electrify the crowd and get the reaction that I do. But I'll tell you this, when we go out there...the crowd is gonna scream the biggest reaction you ever heard. Why? Because this is our final show ever...and we gotta go out with a bang. I know deep down in my heart of hearts that I will give the show of a lifetime for them...will you?"

I never faced Christian in a one on one match before. It would be hard to prepare for someone you've never faced, but I'd find a way.

"I know you probably think I'm taking you lightly...but at the same time I think you are taking me lightly. Because the last few months only proved that you don't know me at all. Mark Ward on the other hand...he recognized me. He saw me in previous companies such as EWC where I was the longest reigning TV Champion of all time. You just look at me as some freak show. Some guy who doesn't fit the mold of what you think a wrestler should be.  And that right there is gonna be your downfall. You didn't do your homework on me, otherwise you'd know that throughout my career, I've had people like you try to hold me down and tell me that I can't do this, that I don't belong in the main event, and I ended up shutting them up when I proved otherwise. You'd also know that I have been through one of the more barbaric and brutal matches in the last 15 years of my career, and not once have I backed down from anybody, or avoided challenging them. You've already lost Christian...because you don't know what Griffin Hawkins really is."

I look over at the arena....in a week, the final show would take place, I had to give them all something to remember me by.

"You have tried everything to stop my success here in SCW, but the more you tried, the more determined I was. You just couldn't deal with the fact that I....someone that you don't think fits into SCW..is the man right now. And I have the belt to prove it. Hell...you couldn't even stop me from beating James Tuscini. And now this is your final chance to shut me down. But just like the last few months you've tried to derail me...you're gonna come up short. It must really stick in your craw that I will go down as the last ever SCW Internet Champion. Picture what would've happened if SCW stayed around longer? Who knows, maybe I would have went on to become World Heavyweight Champion....guess we'll never know. But the one thing I do know..is that finally...I'm gonna get my hands on you and I am going to beat you half to death for everything you tried to do to me. This time...you're not gonna be able to sneak attack me, you're gonna be face to face right in that very ring. You can dish it out Christian...but let's see if you can take it."

I begin to walk away, but not before making one last statement.

"This is your chance...the big comeback. One night only, Christian Underwood returns to the ring.

After months of calling you out, you finally decide to be a man for once in your miserable pathetic life and actually face me. But this comeback might not be as glorious as you envisioned. You may not be victorious. You just might get beat by the man who from day one has proven time and time again that he is the best. You chose a bad time to come back my friend...you should've remained in your office with your nice cushy job as co owner of SCW. Because this isn't going to be as easy as you might think. I've been in the ring with the best in the industry, and there is nobody that can intimidate me...not even you. The time clock on SCW is slowly ticking away...and I am going to make sure that the last thing they see....is Christian Underwood...flat on his back in the middle of the ring. On the final SCW Supercard....you're gonna get rocked."

I put my hands in my pocket before walking off into the night.
user posted image

Accomplishments
Internet Champion(Final)
2017 Future Star Of The Year
Roulette Champion(x2)

Offline Griffin Hawkins

• View Profile
    • Griffin Hawkins
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 11:21:20 PM »
 It had been a few days since I last saw Victoria Ravencroft. Me and Aiden never really talked about the subject at hand, probably because we didn't want any awkwardness between us. One night we decided to just hang out at our favorite bar, The White Horse..watering hole for everybody in LA. We went over to the bartender who nodded to us.

Raymond: Hey what'll it be boys?

Griffin Hawkins: Just two beers.

He pours us some beers. I drink mine as we both just converse about the things that have been going on in the news lately...Trump, celebs, you name it. But the one thing we didn't talk about is family..for obvious reasons. Then out of nowhere he brings it up.

Aiden Ravencroft: So...we're not gonna talk about it?

Griffin Hawkins: You mean the thing with your Mom?

Aiden Ravencroft: No I mean Kim and Kanye, of course that. Are we just gonna ignore it?

Griffin Hawkins: I was hoping she brought it up with you.

Aiden Ravencroft: We don't usually talk that much these days..

Griffin Hawkins: I see..

Aiden Ravencroft: ...So, what happened?

Griffin Hawkins: Well..she came around...sticking her nose up at my line of work. And said that it would be just a matter of time before you come back to working for the family.

Aiden Ravencroft: Yeah..she likes to act like she knows everything.

Griffin Hawkins: Look..if you want to back out of this thing with me, I understand.

Aiden Ravencroft: Wait what?...

Griffin Hawkins: I don't want to come between you and your family. I got enough going on in my life and I don't want your family drama to be part of it...so It'd be a good idea if you quit.

He looked at me with a serious look on his face.

Aiden Ravencroft: You're not gonna get rid of me that easily Griff...

Griffin Hawkins: What?

Aiden Ravencroft: You hired me..and I'm staying by your side.

Griffin Hawkins: But what about your family?

Aiden Ravencroft: I love my family..but it's time I do what's right for myself.

Griffin Hawkins: She said that you were just going through a dry spell and it won't be long until you come to your senses.

Aiden Ravencroft: Well, I have a history of trying new things and falling on my ass. This time I want to see it through.

Griffin Hawkins: I guess I understand that..

Aiden Ravencroft: Besides, how will I know if I'm good at something if I'm stuck under my family's umbrella. I'm sick and tired of people kissing my ass just because of my family name. Maybe my Dad is used to being surrounded by sycophants, but that's not me. Besides, I think us together will make a great team.

Griffin Hawkins: You really think so?

Aiden Ravencroft: I know so...I'm with you for the long haul.

I smile and raise my glass.

Griffin Hawkins: Then here's to us...The Hawkins and Ravencroft Detective Agency.

We both cling our mugs together.

Aiden Ravencroft: Damn right..but why does your name have to be first?

I laugh as I sit back down.

Griffin Hawkins: Because I thought of it first. When you put your own detective agency together you can call it whatever you want.

Aiden Ravencroft: You better watch yourself then..

From here on out, we're our own men. Nobody to tell us what to do or how to do things. We were going to work together and help people. Something told me to trust Aiden. It's us against the world, and it's time for us to go out there and prove that we belong.

~Flashback~

The past can definitely hurt. I know that better than anyone. Marquis asked me to give wrestling a try...and I figured, why not? For the next three years I'd continue to wrestle, getting trained and honing my craft in the ring. But I didn't know how else to get through the day. During one event, I had a big match against an opponent I didn't know if I could beat or not. To relax, I needed a little pick me up....in the form of a needle. As I sat alone in the bathroom stall, I took a deep breath as  I tied a band to my arm, injecting the heroin into me.

Griffin Hawkins: Oww!...fuck...

I then heard a familiar voice come into the bathroom.

Marquis Laveaux: Griff? You okay?

I quickly put the tools away in my leather jacket, rolling my sleeve back up and flushing the toilet as I leave the stall, hopefully fooling him. He looks at me with an odd look on his face as I come up to him.

Griffin Hawkins: ..Hey..

Marquis Laveaux: ...You okay? You sounded like you were in pain in there.

Griffin Hawkins: Oh uh..it was the food in catering, jeez...you do not wanna try any of it dude..

Marquis Laveaux: Oh..right. So you ready to fight The Executioner tonight?

Griffin Hawkins: Ready as I'll ever be...

It went on like that for the next few years. The more evolved in the ring, the more my look started to evolve. I started to grow my hair out longer and I even started getting tattoos. I had a rock star look to me that I decided to go with. Taking a name from an Ace Frehley song, I decided to give myself the name The Rock Soldier. I was 21 years old by the time I started to make it into a major wrestling promotion...Gods of Wrestling. I had spent so much time overseas, wrestling in Japan, Europe and everywhere in between. This was my first American federation.

I was ready.

I had a meeting with the owner of GOW, Jus Huntley and he had signed me to a five year contract. I was so excited I had to tell Marquis.

I rushed home to the apartment, wanting to tell him the good news. After years of struggling, taking beatings from people bigger than me, I had finally made it. More than anything, I wanted to be a tag team. He got me off the streets and gave me a home. The least I can do is succeed with him. As I opened the door to the apartment, I was expecting to see Marquis...but instead I saw Tristian crying on the couch.

Griffin Hawkins: ...Tristian?

Without saying a word, she rushes over and hugs me close. Something was obviously wrong.

Griffin Hawkins: What's going on?

Tristian Michaels: ...He's gone.

I felt my heart drop to the floor...there had to be some kind of mistake.

Griffin Hawkins: ...Marquis is gone? What do you mean?

Tristian Michaels: He left, all his stuff in his room is gone.

I didn't want to believe her. I left her side and rushed to his room..and sure enough, he was gone. Not one trace of him. I went back to her as she was heartbroken.

Griffin Hawkins: ...I don't understand this, did he at least leave a note?

Tristian Michaels: No...I just came home and found that he took his things and left..

I could feel my heart shattering just as bad as hers.

Griffin Hawkins: There has to be some kind of explanation for this...

Tristian Michaels: ...Griffin, Marquis is gone, I don't think he's coming back...

Overcome with sadness, me and Tristian hug one another. Marquis had left me to my darkest lesson, if I'm going to be a success...I was gonna have to do it alone. To this day...I don't know why he left, why he decided to abandon the woman he loves. All I knew is I'd have to go on...with or without him. I haven't seen Marquis since then, he never contacted me. I knew from there, wherever my life goes, wherever my career goes, I got to make it on my own. My legacy had officially begun.

--------------------------------------------------------

Cameras open to what looks to be the bad side of town. Burned out buildings and desolation as far as the eye can see. But however the camera man manages to find me in these surroundings sitting against the wall on this night, clad in a leather jacket and black ripped jeans. I have my hands in my pocket as the hood on my Misfits hoodie adorns my head. I slowly begin to speak.

"The old saying goes...those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it. My past has always found a way to come back to haunt me, being surrounded by nothing but my demons in a place like this. But over they years I learned to put the past behind me and look to the future. Sin City Wrestling will always be part of my past....but I will not live in it forever. I look to the future in 2018....in that year I make it my quest to become World Heavyweight Champion for the fourth time in my career. I can put my past behind me...but one man who's a prisoner of his own past is none other than Christian Underwood. His last promo just seemed to be a shrine to himself and his glory days to when he was in his prime. I myself have accomplished a lot in the old days, but the one thing I refuse to do is rest on my laurels. I refuse to let my past definite me. This match is not about the past, it's about the future. When this is over, I'll move on to a new company...while Christian Underwood will be left  to reminisce about the old times, about the man he once was."

Christian in his prime was a hell of a wrestler...but I wondered if he still has it.

"See, as I predicted Christian...you are wrong about me. See, I don't see you as some easy target, somebody that I can easily mop the floor with. I know that you are just busting through to get in that ring again, that's why I challenged you again and again to put this petty bullshit aside and fight me like a man. But some weeks ago when I did challenge you to a fight...you backed down. For the first time in those beady little eyes of yours, I saw doubt. That tells me deep down inside that you're not sure that you can take me. You're doubting yourself, questioning if you can lace up those boots one last time and beat me. That little trip down memory lane, that wasn't just a nostalgia trip....that was your attempt to intimidate me, your attempt to make me doubt myself  like I'm sure you are now. But I goaded you...I questioned your manhood..called you a washed up has been...and that really struck a nerve. When I said you were an afterthought...I'm sure you went home and asked yourself...is he right? Have I gone soft? Am I still the man? All those questions will be answered this Sunday."

I rest my head against the wall of the building, just thinking on the time from now until Sunday.

"Whether you want to admit it or not Christian, you and me are not so different. We're a lot alike. We both come from broken homes, everything we have in life...we had to scratch and claw and fight our way to the top to get it. Nobody ever gave us a god damned thing..we earned it. That's all we have in common. But what makes us different is somewhere along the line...you've grown soft. If somebody like me came up to you a long time ago, you would have no problem knocking me out. But instead you decide to take your power and abuse it in the hopes that I don't become a success in SCW. I'll admit..at first I figured you were some pretty boy who was too much of a pussy to fight me. But when I found out you were a wrestler and you were a great Champion in your day, I wondered when were you gonna finally be a man and take me on face to face. The last time we had a scuffle, you gave me a black eye...but did I back down? No. I looked at you and asked is that the best you can do to me. Though I do commend you for finally deciding to be a man and fight me. But this match is gonna be the biggest mistake you ever made."

It was put up or shut up time for both of us..no turning back.

"Judging by your little speech Chris...you don't like my attitude. You think I'm cocky, that I'm full of myself, that I have an ego. Well you're right...I do have an ego. But I have earned the right to have one. I competed all over the world...not just Sin City Wrestling. I've been in so many organizations and won countless titles by doing what I say I would do and beat my opponents right dead in the center of the ring. You may not like me..but you can't deny that I am capable of putting on the match of the night. Also...I never said that I was "great". If I said something like that, I'd be a narcissistic douchebag like you.  I don't need to say that I'm great..if you listen to the people out there in the arena, and all the guys in the back, they'll tell you what Griffin Hawkins is not all hype, he is the real deal.  Hell, in the first three months I was here, I already won the Future Star of the Year award, and on the same night won the Internet Title despite your bogus ass officiating. That has to say something about me right? Problem is...you hate what you don't understand, that's why you take your eyes and look down upon me. But after Sunday...you're gonna have no choice but to respect me, even if I have to beat it out of you."

I go over and sit on the stoop, looking to the camera.

"You think you're the first person who's tried to hold me down out of some misplaced vendetta Christian? You obviously have not watched me over the years. In many companies there have been corrupt authority figures..some even worse than you who didn't want me representing their company just because I wasn't politically correct...just because I didn't suck up to them in exchange for title shots and guaranteed Main Event spots. I said from the beginning that I would make it to the top on my own..that's what I've always done. That's why I am Internet Champion..not because I kissed anyone's ass, nor was I protected since I got here, I earned the title just like I earned every title...I did it on my own. But it feels like no matter how many of you I get rid of, I will always have someone in my face trying to stop me from being a success because they can't stand to see someone they deem as undesirable to hold a title belt. It eats you alive inside that I am even a Champion in SCW and that my name will go down in history as the last ever Superstar to hold a prestigious belt held by greats such as J2H, Kris Ryans, Despayre, and the late Bruce Evans himself. I realize you won't be the last to try to stop my ascension to the top..but the one thing I can do, is show you why I am one of the best Superstars on the Sin City Wrestling roster. This is gonna be something you are gonna have to learn to live with."

I can feel the blood boil in me, I had a lot to prove.

"I'll give you one thing Christian...you have had a hell of a career. You beat a lot of top level competition. You beat giants...killers..guys who would crush anyone like a grape. But the reality is...I don't think

you have ever faced anyone like me. In the last few months I took everything from you, and not once did I back down. You did everything you could to try and derail me....and you failed. James Tuscini couldn't get the job done, especially with you in his back pocket. And sticking me with Samuel Deveraux, the man who handed me my first loss didn't work either. You think you got me all figured out...but you don't know the first thing about me Christian. So I want you to forget about Gene Banton, I want you to forget about Romeo, I want you to forget it all. I want you to remember the name Griffin Hawkins..and remember the date..January 14th 2018..for it will be the day that your name goes down infamy. It will be the day that you get defeated by The Rock Soldier"

I slowly stand up.

"I'm the first guy you considered getting back in the ring with? Good. I want you to continue to take solace into that. Because once that bell rings, you're gonna start to believe real quick that I'm the last man you ever want to get in the ring with. Because all this is all about planning...I got you figured out, but the same can't be said for you Chrissy. And from the sounds of that little speech of yours a few nights ago, you haven't done any planning, you seem to think this is gonna be a Cakewalk. You're the one who hasn't done his homework. You're gonna come face to face with me..and you know what happens then? You get beat....you get humiliated. Why? Because you didn't do your homework. You underestimated your opponent. You took me lightly. Sad truth Mr.Underwood is that you're not a legend in your own time....you're even not a legend in your own mind. You're a legend in your own fantasy. Playing clips of your glory days is not going to win you this match, wrestling will. When I came here to Sin City, I said I would not back down from anybody...and I sure as fuck am not gonna back down from a sad pathetic shell of a man who has an inferiority complex towards Superstars who do what he used to do...only better. To all Sin City Fans watching..I'll see you all really soon. To Christian Underwood...I'll see you Sunday."

I come down from the steps, putting my hands in my pocket as I walk off into the night.
user posted image

Accomplishments
Internet Champion(Final)
2017 Future Star Of The Year
Roulette Champion(x2)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 11:28:18 PM »

DEUXIÈME PARTIE

Have you had a good week? Yes? Well rested? Well alrighty then! Then you won't mind if we pick back up from where we last left off. When you joined us last in our little journey down Memory Lane, we had been speaking at length with Christian Underwood in regards to his past. More specifically; on his history in the sport of professional wrestling. Where he got his start and how. Despite all evidence to the contrary, Christian took no sense of self important credit. Instead, he gave full props to two specific people; a powerhouse female promoter who both broke down huge barriers for women behind the scenes in the sport, and who had the foresight to sense something special in the young teenager who wanted to live out a dream. But in order to do so, he needed that dream to be nurtured from a flicker into a roaring flame.

That was where managerial extraordinaire, Goldenboy Gene Banton came into play.

Okay, sorry for the brief reflection. You could have saved me the time and effort by simply scrolling up and refreshing your memory in Christian's first promo against Griffin Hawkins. We are now back in Las Vegas in the same studio as before. Christian is again seated atop the stage in a small chair, clad in a winter Harajuku shirt with Medusa gold chain accents, black dress slacks and matching dress shoes.

I believe when we last left off, we covered two of the three people that Christian said played the biggest parts in his life where professional wrestling was concerned.

Christian gazed up thoughtfully and a wistful smile, perhaps uncharacteristic for his recent attitude in his SCW career. But the smile was indeed sincere and he nodded.

Christian: The third and perhaps most important person, other than my husband Scotty, to have ever entered my life. That would be Selena.

>

Christian winked at the camera and kissed his fingertips before waving.

Christian: Another blessing I have to thank Gene for, because he was the one who introduced me to the love of my life. After that, I've lived a wrestler's dream, touring countries in Europe and as far away as the Middle East and Africa. My favorite overall? Japan. Big surprise, huh? I still compete off an don to this day, but all of this history led me to where I am to this day, with Sin City Wrestling.

He exhaled gently and leaned back in his chair.

Christian: The last six years has been a lot of hard work, but it's been nothing short of a magic carpet ride, and I have so many people to thank for that. First and foremost, "Hot Stuff" Mark Ward who at first had little interest in my idea, but once he was convinced, he ran with it. The man's wealth of personal knowledge and experience made SCW what it is today. He had a way of dealing with wrestlers, fans and staff that I always marveled at and wished that I could emulate. All animosity aside, there was never any doubt in my mind that Mark was, and is, the heart of SCW. He may attempt to deny it, but it's a simple and proven fact that nobody can dispute. The first few fans we had arrive at that first show who spread our rep by word of mouth, they helped make us the place to be. If it wasn't for those people filling the seats...

He shook his head.

Christian: None of this would have happened. Dreams can only go so far without the people there to support them. And then there's the wrestlers. the men and women over the years who put their bodies on the line to live those very same dreams and elevate us to the highest of standards. They are the reasons why we made such a sterling reputation for ourselves over the years, and they will be the reason why we'll still be remembered after we're gone.

Christian pushes himself up from his chair and casts a brief glance 'upward' and points up before he steps off of the stage and the scene fades out.

Las Vegas - Gold Coast Casino

Christian stands in the Grand Ballroom of the Gold Coast, watching as the ring crew carefully works together to put up the six-sided ring where in just two days, the final event for Sin City Wrestling would be taking place. He watches as the men and women work to attach the ring ropes to the posts, and takes a step back so that he might stand against the far wall and remain out of everyone's way. he looked over to where other workers were bringing in trolleys loaded with cushioned folding chairs, which would be set up once the ring had been completed. He turned to look toward the left of the Ballroom, and saw the 'skeleton' of the stage that was being erected.

He shook his head and sighed, "And it all comes down to this, doesn't it? I chose the name Full Circle and Mark supported it, simply because there just wasn't anything more appropriate for what we went through, and what we grew to become -- right down to this time here fast approaching us. We started in Las Vegas, and we end in Las Vegas. We started at the bottom, and will end at the very top. Some wrestling promotions don't know when to call it quits, just like some wrestlers in their fifties and sixties don't know when to hang up their boots. On both accounts, Mark and I knew, and on both accounts, we're ready."

"Mark finalized his last match months ago, and I think it's safe to say that I am ready to do the same. It's why I was only too happy to have this match signed, thanks in large part to Mark. This match on Sunday against Griffin Hawkins? I'm happy to say that I am ready to call it my last, my grand finale, just as it is for SCW."

He crossed his arms and continued, "You know, it's funny. Everywhere Mark and I have gone since making the announcement to close operations, we were constantly asked the one worded question -- 'why?' And the answer was only too simple; because we have lives that we want to live. New experiences we want to try. families we don't get to spend as much time with as we would like because of the day to day operations of running a major independent wrestling promotion, and ..."

He shrugged.

"It's just time. I'd rather we go out on top as we are, than sit around and piss away our ratings and talent until we're forced to close against our will. History will attest that we made the right choice, and much like SCW, I also can think of no better way to call it a night on my own in-ring career than by going out on top. Unfortunately for you -- Griffin Hawkins ..."

He turned to face the camera directly.

"... That means it has to be done at your expense, which I'll be only too thrilled to do. Your fans and peers have been on my back since our issues first started, accusing me of being unfair to you. They claimed all I did was try to hold you down by booking you in unfair situations. Hell! Even you thought I was holding you back and all I can say is..."

He shook his head and frowned.

"Ex-CUSE me!? Hold you back? Hold you down!? Who the hell do you think was behind the booking of your numerous title matches before you finally lived up to that self-induced hype you gift yourself with and won your first championship here!? I never fought you receiving any title shots. Mark and I both supported them because we had a lot of money invested in you! Me personally, I just wanted to make damn sure that you EARNED it and DESERVED what we handed to you! But every time I laid out a challenge in front of you, every time I expected you to put that championship you FINALLY won, on the line? All I heard was bitching and moaning about me holding you back and me being mean to poor Griffin!"

"Well forgive me but I was unaware that making someone earn a title and then requiring them to defend it regularly equaled holding them back! If I really had wanted to hold you back, I never would have put you on a high enough pedestal to even see a championship opportunity! But you did, and you made the most out of it! And did I hear one word of thanks? Did I receive a fruit basket at the offices? No. All you did was complain and act like an eighties diva who expected the world to dance at their fingertips!"

"Well the time for being a grand diva is over Mister Hawkins. It's now time to settle things between us, and I am going to find out personally whether all my efforts for you has been in vain! I can't deny what you bring to the table, because nobody gains championship gold in Sin City Wrestling without well deserving it!"

Christian paused a brief moment, then shrugged.

"Okay, there's Jeremiah Hardin, but that's a whole other WTF moment we don't need to delve into. That was then, but you and me?"

He motioned back and forth between the camera and himself with a finger.

"You and I are the here and now. And as highly touted as your skills are, you're going to find out the hard way that I'm more than just a businessman, more than a pretty face. Everything you think you've done inside of the ring, I've also accomplished. For all the skills you have in your arsenal, none of them are going to be enough to let you escape unscathed. Because I have a plethora of footage that I can sit back and watch on you, and trust me when I say I'm not fool enough to ignore the opportunity to study you. But what have you got to watch of me, might I ask? Before this Sunday, I have been in two..."

He held up two fingers.

"... count them, TWO, matches in SCW. This is but my third where the SCW Universe gets to see me compete, and I am going to show the poor souls what they've been missing for all of these years. So buckle up Griffin, and prepare yourself for the wildest ride of your career. For all your talk, for all your actions, it's all going to come crashing back down and haunt you until that final bell tolls. And the only thing you'll have left to ask yourself is simply... what happened?"

Christian pushed himself off of the wall and turned and took his leave through the double doors and out into the casino.

"Full Circle Griffin Hawkins. I may like to go down but on Sunday, I'll be going out on top."

? Mae West