Author Topic: One Thing At A Time  (Read 552 times)

Offline O Malley

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • O'Malley
One Thing At A Time
« on: February 05, 2013, 08:27:06 PM »

After Climax Control

What an eventful day it had been for The Queen of the Damned.  Just hours before Climax Control she had been in Nova Scotia competing in the first round of the NWA J-Cup Tournament.  She and PRA's Morpheus had put on quite a show, and in the end, Misty did exactly what she said she would do.  She defeated Morpheus to advance to the second round.  Fellow SCW Bombshells Vixen and Jessie Salco had also advanced, as did Lucian Frost.  SCW was already dominating the J-Cup Tournament, putting the odds in their favor to keep the J-Cup in SCW territory.

Immediately after defeating Morpheus, Misty and her disciples had to hightail it to the airport and catch their flight back to Las Vegas, where Misty was booked in yet another tournament.  Misty found herself teamed up with Thatcher Rex in their first round match of SCW's Blast From The Past Mixed Tag Team Tournament.  She had barely gotten their in time, just shortly before her match and had to get ready quickly.  Though not before being scolded by Christian Underwood for Ruby's actions against Odette Ryder last week.  

Misty and Thatcher were an unlikely pairing, but ultimately, they proved to be a cohesive team as they defeated Angel Kash and Rage, and advanced to the second round.  Misty locked in The Queen's Punishment, forcing Angel Kash to submit.  Two matches in one day, both ending in victories for Misty.  To say she was in a good mood was an understatement, but things are about to get even better for her shortly as she and her disciples are preparing to leave.  As the group is heading out to the parking lot, just ahead Misty spots a familiar face.  Gabriel is quickly heading to his own car, but he's not in the best of moods.  Misty gets a devilish grin on her face as an idea pops into her head.  Just before  he reaches his car, Misty calls out to him, stopping him in his tracks.

Misty: Gabriel!  Hang on a second!

When Gabriel sees Misty and her disciples, he shakes his head and heads towards his car again.  Misty disciples turn to look at her, wondering what she is doing.  She holds a hand up, telling them to wait just a moment, and she chases after Gabriel.  He pays no attention to her as he unlocks his car, and is about to get inside, but Misty has quickly caught up with him and is standing directly in front of his prized Bugatti Veyron.

Misty: Has anyone ever told you it is rude to ignore someone?

Gabriel looks up, glaring at Misty and the grin on her face.  He takes notice of just how close she is to his car.

Gabriel: You're really one to talk about being rude, don't ya think?  Get the hell away from my car.

Misty: Oooh, someone is a bit crabby this evening.  I can't say I blame you, though.  And relax, I'm not even touching your precious baby.  Honestly, what is it with the obsession a man has for his car?

Misty laughs, but Gabriel doesn't show the same amusement.  He only seems more agitated as he opens his car door.

Gabriel: It doesn't matter if you're touching my car or not.  You're standing in my way, but if you really want me to run ya over, I will.  I'm in a bad enough mood to do it, too.

Misty: While that last statement may be true, I don't think you'd risk hurting this beautiful expensive car by hurting me.  I'm sure it is a tempting thought, but I've seen just how much you love this car, so I don't see it happening.

Gabriel slams the door shut, sighing out of frustration.  Misty folds her arms across her chest, satisfied with herself as Ruby and the Brothers warily watch on behind them.

Gabriel: You really want to test that theory?  What the hell do you want, because I'm in no mood for your shit right now.  

Misty steps from in front of the car, walking over to stand in front of Gabriel.  She can sense the tension coming from the Sin of Greed, but she hides her amusement and uses it to her advantage.

Misty: I know the mood you're in, Gabriel.  That is why I wanted to speak to you.  I saw what happened earlier.  Congratulations on advancing to the next round of the tournament, by the way.  You and Roxi Johnson make quite the team.

Gabriel: I can't exactly say the same thing for you and Thatcher.  Then again, I'd feel just as sorry for anyone else you would have been teamed with.

Misty: Really?  Would you feel the same way had I been teamed with Jordan Williams instead of Odette?

Misty clearly strikes a nerve in Gabriel, as he narrows his eyes at her, but he doesn't say a word.  Misty can see him clench his hand into a fist at his side.

Misty: That is what I thought.  I am not here trying to make you angrier than you already are, Gabriel--

Gabriel: Well you're doing a piss poor job of preventing that, and you still haven't said why you're here.

Misty: You might not believe me when I say this, but I was concerned when I saw what Odette did to you earlier.  After all, you went to check on her as fast as you could after your match was over and what does she do?  She orders you away.  Heartless comes to mind...

Gabriel shakes his head and lets out a sarcastic laugh.

Gabriel: Do you really expect me to believe that?  If you hadn't pulled that shit last month and kidnapped Melody--

Misty: Really, Gabriel?  You are going to place the blame on me for this?  I am not forcing Odette to do anything, am I?  I am not inside her head telling her how to act.  She is doing all of this on her own.  And for your information, Melody Grace was not harmed while I had her, nor do I consider my actions as kidnapping as everyone seems to call it.  

Gabriel: Really?  Because taking a person against their will isn't considered kidnapping?  You really are stupid.

Misty laughs and shakes her head.  From behind her, Damien clears his throat getting her attention.  She turns around to acknowledge him, but she holds up her hand saying she will still be a moment.  Gabriel glances towards them as well, but quickly looks away, not intimidated.  Misty turns her attention back to Gabriel.

Misty: I had to get Melody alone, but that was almost impossible as she spent all of her time around Odette.  Everyone might be on Odette's side right now, but I think they're all starting to see who she really is.  You're starting to see it too, right?  Odette isn't as perfect as she's making herself out to be.  Melody knows it.  It's why she has yet to speak to Odette since she was...rescued.

Gabriel: Are you done?  From the looks of you, your goons are getting impatient over there.

Misty: They will be fine, but I'm not sure the same can be said for you.  You are avoiding my questions.  Why is that, Gabriel?  

Gabriel doesn't respond right away.  He remains silent for a long while, contemplating the answer to that question...processing everything in his mind.  Misty stands there, waiting patiently, but she doesn't say a word.  Gabriel finally breaks the silence.

Gabriel: I know what you're trying to do, and it's not going to work.  Why don't you stay the hell out of my business?

Misty: I'm not trying to do anything.  I know women like Odette.  I see right through them, and do you want to know why?

Gabriel rolls his eyes and then gives Misty a look that says "enlighten me."  Misty takes a step forward, closing the distance between the two.

Misty: I know women like Odette, because at one time, I was exactly like her.  I was living the life everyone else expected me to live, and being someone I wasn't.  The only difference is, I was with someone who isn't quite as intelligent and gifted at reading people as you are, so I had to end it myself, because I grew tired of living a lie.  Odette won't.  She doesn't want to tarnish her good reputation, does she?  You want some advice, Gabriel?

Gabriel: Not really.

Misty smiles and laughs.  She leans in close as if she has to whisper.

Misty: Get rid of her before it's too late.  I know you are the Sin of Greed and all, but sometimes, we all can't get what we want.  And Odette Ryder will never be everything you want.

Misty pats Gabriel on the shoulder, and he looks down to his shoulder.  He shrugs it off, almost getting the chills, and Misty turns to walk away leaving him standing there thinking things over.  Before she returns to her disciples, she turns around and has one last thing to say to Gabriel.

Misty: Oh and by the way, Gabriel.  I have to say, if by some chance Thatcher and I do not advance in this tournament, I would simply love to see you and Roxi Johnson face Odette and Jordan in the final round.  It'll make things interesting, don't you think?

Misty then turns around, heading back to her disciples with a satisfied smirk on her face.  Gabriel takes a deep breath and gets in his car, roaring the engine to life not long after.  He speeds out of the parking lot as Misty joins her disciples once again, and she can't help but be proud of herself.  Ruby looks at her curiously.

Ruby: What was that all about, my Queen?  

Misty shrugs, that proud grin never leaving her face.

Misty: Oh that...That was just something Odette said couldn't be done, and it was far too easy.  Darkness always prevails, my dear.  Darkness always prevails.

Misty begins laughing a slow maniacal laugh as she has her arms folded across her chest, and her eyes show signs of pure evil and hate.  Her disciples grin wickedly as well, and they all head towards their van just across the lot as the scene fades out.

Misty is fast asleep in her bed, as the sun begins to make its rise in the sky.  The light starts to peek its way in through the curtains covering her window.  All is relatively quiet in her home, except for...Wait.  This can't be right.  The soft cooing of a baby is heard, causing Misty's eyes to bolt open, having been awoken from her deep sleep.  She can't tell if she is hearing things right or not, so she slowly sits up in the bed, looking around her.  Aside from the faint sunlight shining in through the window, the room is mostly dark.  Misty listens to the cooing noises continue, almost afraid to even move or speak.

Misty: Ruby?  Ruby are you in here?  What is that noise?  

Ruby doesn't answer her, further confusing Misty.  The baby continues to coo, as well as make other noises, but surprisingly, it doesn't cry.  Misty sits in the bed for several minutes, almost in a state of terrified shock, before she finally reaches to the bedside table and turns on the light.  She nearly jumps back when she spots the basonet next to the bed, and the baby wrapped in a blue blanket laying inside it, kicking his little feet and looking around.  Tears form in her eyes as she looks at the little baby boy, and she slowly crawls to the edge of the bed to get a better look.  She lifts her head slowly, keeping her eyes focused on the baby.  It is what happens next that changes her whole world.  The baby moves his head and looks at her, and it sends her over the edge.  Misty nearly trips out of the bed as she stands over the basonet, gently lowering her hand to touch his face.  

Misty: Oooh...My precious baby boy...

She gently pulls him into her arms, never taking her eyes off of him.  As a baby normally does, his attention is all over the place, but when she runs her fingers along his cheek, he looks towards her, she gets a good look at his eyes.  His eyes and his full head of dark hair remind her of two people, and it is all she can think about.

Misty: You look just like your Daddy and your big sister, you know that, my sweet baby boy?  Those eyes...

Misty rocks her son in her arms, placing her index finger in his tiny little hand.  He grasps it just a bit, bringing a warm motherly smile to Misty's face.  She walks around the room, cradling him and whispering to him, feeling complete joy in her heart.  She is so focused on her son that she doesn't even notice the door to her room open.  Ruby steps inside, but she stops right in the doorway and stares at Misty.  She observes her Queen, watching her every move as Misty continues to walk around the room, rocking her arms back and forth, but it is the expression on her face that is more baffling to Ruby.  Ruby has never seen her Queen look this genuinely happy.

Ruby: My Queen?  What are you doing?

Misty turns around, acknowledging that she heard Ruby.  She is smiling from ear to ear as she glances at Ruby, but then turns her attention back to her infant son in her arms.  

Misty: Oh, Ruby...Isn't he beautiful?  He's more perfect than I could have imagined!

Ruby scratches her head as she looks at Misty, and her odd behavior.  She watches on with concern as Misty lowers her head to her arms, and moves it back and forth to the size as if nuzzling something.  

Ruby: Isn't who beautiful, my Queen?  Who are you talking about?

Misty lifts her head and looks at Ruby, now confused herself.  She looks down to her son in her arms, then spins around as if showing him to Ruby.  Her smile never leaves her face, though it fades slightly out of confusion over Ruby's question.

Misty: Ruby, quit acting like you don't see my son in my arms.  Don't act like you can't hear him cooing.  He's so...happy.  So innocent and perfect in every way, and I'm holding him in my arms.  His basonet is right next to my bed!

Ruby slowly takes a step further.  She looks next to Misty's bed, but shakes her head, seeing nothing.  There is no basonet there, and Misty is not holding her baby boy in her arms.  Ruby realizes she must be sleepwalking, or perhaps hallucinating.  Either way, her concern grows as she slowly approaches her.

Ruby: My Queen, look at me.  Look at me.

Misty: He looks just like Eden when she was born, and he has Spike's eyes.  Oh, wait until Spike sees him!  

Ruby's eyes widen as she hears the pure excitement in Misty's voice as she mentions Spike's name.  She cautiously walks towards her, contemplating her next move, but she honestly doesn't know what to do.  One wrong move could send Misty into an emotional breakdown.

Ruby: My Queen...

Misty completely tunes Ruby out as she focuses on what is apparently a hallucination.  Each time Ruby gets close to her, Misty turns away and walks in a different direction, whispering to her "son".

Misty: My son...My beautiful son.  Oh my...I haven't named you yet!  Ruby, how could I forget to name my own son?  Well, let's think about this carefully...

Misty begins contemplating names in her head, trying to pick out the perfect one.  She says some aloud, but Ruby can't understand what she says as she is almost mumbling.

Misty:  We're just going to have to talk to Daddy and have him help, aren't we sweetie?  Yes, I think we should go find him.

Ruby: My Queen, you need to lay down.  You are not well...

Ruby tries to place a gentle hand on Misty's shoulder, but Misty pulls away and takes a step back.  She pulls her arms in closer to her chest, as if protecting her son from Ruby.

Misty: What are you talking about, Ruby?  I'm perfect.  I've never felt better.  I have my son in my arms.  Spike needs to see him.  Eden...Oh Eden is going to be so excited about being a big sister!  And Timmy will--

Ruby: My Queen, listen to me, please.  You are daydreaming.  You are not holding your baby boy in your arms.  He is not there.  He died, my Queen.  You know this.  Please, listen to me.  Please.

Misty stares at Ruby, shaking her head, still holding her arms close to her chest.  In her mind, she can see her son in her arms...she can feel his heart beating and the rise and fall of his chest as he breathes.  She can hear him make the adorable little noises that babies make.

Misty: No...Get...Get away from me!  You're lying!  He's right here in my arms!  I can feel him!  I can see him!  He's not dead!

Just then Misty looks past Ruby and to her bedroom door.  She has a panicked smile on her face as she looks towards the person who has walked in her room...or so she thinks.  Once again, in her mind, she sees her ex-fiancee and the father to her children standing there, staring at her and their son.

Misty: Spike!  Spike, tell Ruby the truth!  You see him don't you?  You can see our son in my arms, can't you?  He's alive, Spike.  He's alive!

Ruby turns around, looking towards the doorway, but there is no one there.  She looks at Misty, now terrified for her Queen's mental well being.

Misty: Spike, come meet our son.  He looks just like you...and Eden.  Wait, is Eden with you?

"Spike" doesn't utter a single word.  He tilts his head to the side as he focuses on Misty, then looks towards their son.  Misty begins walking towards him, and he does the same, until they are standing just inches apart.  "Spike" looks down at their son, and Misty holds him out to him.  "Spike" takes their son in his arms, keeping his attention focused on the raven haired little boy in his arms.  "Spike" cracks a little smile in the corner of his mouth, before he lifts his eyes and his gaze falls on Misty, and it turns purely sadistic.  Misty looks at him, a proud smile once again on her face as she "sees" Spike holding their son for the first time.  Ruby stands next to Misty, watching on, growing more and more worried as Misty's frame of mind continues to worsen.

Ruby: My Queen...

Misty doesn't acknowledge Ruby again, as she stares at the hallucination in front of her.  Her smile quickly starts to fade as "Spike" begins to back away, still holding their "son" in his arms.  Misty shakes her head, letting out an awkward laugh.

Misty: Spike...Spike what are you doing?  

He continues to back away, pulling their son closer towards him as he grins at Misty sadistically.  Misty steps forward, reaching out to him, trying to grab him, but "Spike" doesn't let her.  Misty panics further, not understanding what is happening.

Misty: Spike, give him to me.  Give me back our son.

Ruby: My Queen, there is no one there!  You're hallucinating...

Misty: He's taking my son, Ruby...Damien!  Dante!  Sebastian!  Zane!  Stop him!  He's taking my son!!!

"Spike" laughs as he turns and walks out of the room, and Misty tries to chase after him.  Ruby wraps her arms around Misty's waist, holding her back as best as she can, though Misty is completely hysterical at this point.  She is frantically trying to break free from Ruby's grasp when the brothers come running into the room.

Misty: Stop him!  Please stop him!  He took my son!!  STOP HIM!!!!

The brothers all look to Ruby, confused and worried over what is going on.  The tears are pouring down Misty's cheeks, as she and Ruby collapse to the floor, and her fighting subsides.  Ruby looks at Damien, the concern evident in both their faces.

Ruby: Damien, call Dr. Lord.  Now!  Zane, please help me with her.

Misty is sobbing uncontrollably as she is just staring at the door. Damien rushes out the door to go call Dr. Lord while Zane approaches Misty and Ruby, kneeling to the floor in front of them.  Ruby runs her hand through Misty's hair, attempting to comfort her and calm her down as best as she can.

Ruby: Shhh, my Queen.  Everything is alright.  It was only your imagination.  Spike was never here.  Please calm down.

Misty: Yes...he...was!  I...saw him...right over...there!

Misty can barely get a full sentence out as she starts hyperventilating.  Dante and Sebastian look at each other, then to Ruby and Zane.  Nothing any of them do seems to be helping her, and when all is said and done, Misty passes out in Ruby's arms.  Zane takes her into his arms, prepared to carry her back to her bed, when Damien appears back in the room holding his cell phone in his hand.  He sees Zane getting ready to lay Misty back in the bed, and he stops him.

Damien: No, Zane.  Dr. Lord wants us to bring her to his clinic immediately.  Wait...is she alright?

Damien has noticed that Misty isn't conscious, and his concern grows.  Sebastian approaches him.

Sebastian: She passed out just a few moments ago, Damien.  Why does Dr. Lord want to see her at the clinic?

Zane keeps a hold of Misty in his arms as Damien turns to speak to Sebastian.

Damien: He may wish to have her hospitalized.  I don't agree with that decision, but we shall see.  Dante, go pull the van around front.  We will meet you out there.

Dante: Of course, Damien.

Dante then turns and walks out of the room without another word.  Zane carries Misty towards Damien and Sebastian with Ruby following next to him closely, glancing over to Misty occasionally.  She may have been upset with her just last week, but her Queen was in trouble and needed her support.  They all walk down to the van where Dante is waiting for them, and after carefully loading her inside, Dante drives off heading towards the clinic.

The Next Day

The scene opens up inside Dr. Lord's clinic.  Ruby and the Brothers all look more than exhausted as they are seated outside the exam room where Dr. Lord is looking after Misty.  Normally Ruby would be inside as well, overseeing her care and assisting Dr. Lord, but he has told them it would be best if all of them stayed outside.  As of yet, Misty has yet to fully regain consciousness, as she only briefly awoke several times since yesterday.  Dr. Lord has been closely monitoring her, waiting to make a decision on whether or not she needs to be hospitalized until she is fully conscious and able to speak to him.  Ruby and the Brothers want to take her back home, but he suggests against it, and actually suggested that they return home without her, but they refused and have decided to wait as long as they can.

Dr. Lord is just about to head into a different room to get something, when Misty finally starts to wake up, and not for just a brief moment.  She opens her eyes and looks around her, though the confusion over where she is is evident in the look in her eyes.  She slowly sits up in the bed, looking around the room, and is relieved, yet still confused, when she sees Dr. Lord.

Misty: Dr. Lord?  Where the hell am I?

Dr. Lord: You are at my clinic, Misty.  How are you feeling?

Misty thinks for a moment as she swings herself around, letting her legs hang over the side of the bed.  She runs her hand through her hair, and shrugs.

Misty: Honestly?  I feel...great.  I feel very refreshed, and not tired at all.  Wait...what am I doing here?  Where are Ruby and the brothers?

Dr. Lord taps his chin as he approaches Misty.  She does seem to have more energy.

Dr. Lord: They are waiting just outside.  They are all fine I assure you.  What is the last thing you remember, Misty?

Misty: Why?  Dr. Lord, you're confusing the hell out of me.  Would you just tell me what is going on?

Dr. Lord: Just answer the question, please. I will explain everything once you do.  I just need to know what you remember.

Misty shakes her head, but then thinks. She appears slightly more confused.

Misty: I was in Nova Scotia on Sunday.  I won my first round match in the J-Cup tournament, and then the others and I flew back here for Climax Control.  Thatcher and I advanced in the Blast From the Past tournament.  Afterwards, I spoke to Gabriel out in the parking lot and came home and fell asleep in my bed.  Next thing I know, I'm waking up here in your clinic.  

Dr. Lord: Really?  Hmmm...

Misty stands up, standing directly in front of Dr. Lord.  She studies the expression on his face, suddenly getting worried herself.

Misty: Dr. Lord...Would you please say something?!  Anything...

Dr. Lord: I'm not exactly sure what happened, but considering you don't remember anything, I can only assume it was an extreme case of sleep walking.  Let me go get Ruby, and she can explain what happened, as she witnessed the whole thing.

Misty is about to argue, but Dr. Lord walks over to the door.  He opens it and calls for Ruby.  Ruby doesn't hesitate and she is in the room within seconds and Dr. Lord closes the door behind them. Ruby is relieved to see Misty awake and looking better.

Ruby: You are awake!  It is such a relief, my Queen.  How are you feeling?

Misty lets out an awkward laugh as she again runs her hand through her hair.

Misty: As I told Dr. Lord, I feel great.  I feel very rested and relaxed, though I am very confused as to what I am doing here.  Dr. Lord mentioned something about sleepwalking?

Ruby turns to look at Dr. Lord, surprised to hear this.

Ruby: Sleepwalking?  Are you sure that is what it was?  That was a very extreme episode of sleepwalking if that is the case.

Misty: Ruby, what the hell happened?  

Ruby: You don't remember?

Ruby turns and looks Misty locks her eyes on Misty's.  Misty shows no sign that she remembers a thing, and Ruby turns to Dr. Lord, asking for his permission to reveal what happened.  Dr. Lord nods once, giving her the go ahead and she reluctantly turns back to Misty who is waiting patiently for answers.

Ruby: I, uh...I'm not quite sure how to explain what happened yesterday morning.

Misty: Yesterday morning?  I've been out for that long?

Ruby: For the most part, yes.  I went into your room yesterday morning to see what you wanted for breakfast when I found you walking around the room.  You looked as though you were holding something in your arms, but there was nothing there.  My Queen, you thought you were holding your son in your arms, but then it progressed..

Ruby hesitates in finishing her sentence looking down to the floor, and Misty approaches her.  She places a finger on Ruby's chin, lifting her face so she is looking directly at her.

Misty: Go on, Ruby.  You can tell me what happened.

Ruby: You thought that parasite of an ex-fiancee of yours was there as well.  You saw him taking your son, and you were hysterical.  I tried--we all tried to snap you out of it, but nothing worked.  You eventually passed out and Dr. Lord wanted you brought here.

Misty seems shocked to hear what happened, and she tries to remember any or all of it, but she doesn't.

Misty: I thought I saw Spike...taking our son?  Well isn't that odd.

Ruby: Very odd, my Queen.  You seemed very happy to see him, also.  You were going to ask him for help in naming the baby...

Misty lets out a loud laugh.  Ruby and Dr. Lord aren't quite sure what is so amusing.

Misty: Now that is hilarious, if I'm being honest.  You should have known right there that I was having a nightmare.  As if I'd ever be happy to see Spike.  Working with him is bad enough--

Dr. Lord: Misty, listen to me for a second.  This incident yesterday morning is exactly why you need to take a break.  You were so exhausted, it all ended up being too much you could handle and look at what happened?  You slept for almost twenty-four hours.

Misty: I'm not going to tell you again, Dr. Lord.  I am not taking time off.  

Dr. Lord: Do you want to wind up in the hospital, Misty?

Misty goes silent as she stares at Dr. Lord.

Dr. Lord: Well, do you?

Misty: Of course not!  But, that's not going to happen!

Dr. Lord: Not if you don't take a break, because you're just adding more and more stress to yourself and your body can't handle it.  You need sleep, Misty.  This is just the first of many ways your body will tell you to relax.  You have to listen to me.  Listen to Ruby and the brothers as well.  Granted, the brothers are not as vocal about their concerns, but trust me when I say they are concerned.

Misty stares at Dr. Lord for a moment, not sure of how to respond.  She looks at Ruby a few minutes later, studying the expression on her face and it is then that she can see it. She sees the worry and the exhaustion in Ruby's eyes.  She takes in a deep breath and steps forward.

Misty: Okay, look.  I'm sorry for causing you all to worry so much, but you have to understand, everything I am doing, I'm doing for a reason.  Wrestling is my life.  SCW needs me.  The NWA needs me.  If I'm not there, do you know what will happen?  Do you understand what happened when I was gone for those three months last year?

Ruby: We all understand the important role you play within Sin City Wrestling and the Alliance, my Queen.  We are not trying to get you to stop forever, but you need to slow down.  This war with Odette and the constant battle of words with people on Twitter just seem pointless in our eyes.  It's almost as if you're trying to prove something to all of them.

Misty: What if I am?

Ruby takes a step forward, standing directly in front of Misty.  She takes a hold of Misty's shoulders, keeping her gaze on her queen.

Ruby: Why do you feel that you need to?

Misty: I don't feel that I need to, Ruby.  It just...it keeps me relevant!  People may not like how I do things or the decisions I make, but I want to prove to everyone that no matter what they all say or do, I'm not going to change for any of them.  I'm going to do whatever the hell I want...whatever the hell I need to do to show that I'm still in this game.  I'm not the Bombshell Champion?  A championship belt doesn't mean shit in my eyes.  In my heart and soul...yes I do have a soul...I will ALWAYS be the champion.  If I were to face Vixen today, I'd beat her and get my title back and everyone knows it, but I made the decision to target Odette first.

Ruby shakes her head and lowers her hands from Misty's shoulders.  

Ruby: I understand that, but the both of you are now distracted with this Mixed Tag Team tournament, don't you think you should focus on that for now?  One thing at a time, my Queen.  If you try and focus on too much at once, surely you're bound to make a mistake sooner or later.  

Misty: Did I make any mistakes on Sunday, Ruby?  I won both of my matches without a problem.  You and the brothers all saw.  Do you realize that my next two matches, I have the opportunity to send more messages to Odette?  Thatcher and I are facing Nick Jones and Vixen this week, and my next round match in the J-Cup tournament is against Jessie Salco.  Two out of three NXT girls, both who have yet to beat me at all!  This is all just too easy.

Ruby: Once again, you are not listening to me, my Queen.  All I am trying to get you to see is that you need to focus on only one problem at a time, as it comes.  Your match with Thatcher against Nick and Vixen is this week, so just worry about that first.  You're overwhelming your mind with so much information at once.  Mr. Underwood instated a no-contact clause for you and Odette for the foreseeable future, until the next time you face each other, so isn't this war with Miss Ryder pointless right now?  You have apparently already had a huge effect on her, as her life is crashing to the ground around her.  Why keep pushing it further?  

Off to the side, Dr. Lord remains silent as he lets Ruby try and get through to Misty.  Misty glances at him, but he shakes his head, signaling he has nothing to say at the moment, and she turns her attention back to Ruby.

Misty: My work with Odette is no where near done, Ruby, but I'll make you a deal.  I will take a step back from this war with Odette...for now.  I will focus on this mixed tag team match first, and do what I need to do to ensure that Thatcher and I win the whole thing.  Besides, I'm sure my little chat with Gabriel on Sunday will prove to have been quite effective.  

Ruby: Thank you, my Queen.

Misty: I am sorry for worrying you and the brothers, Ruby.  I will do my best to slow down and not add more to my plate.

In an uncharacteristic display of affection, Misty takes Ruby in her arms and hugs her.  Ruby seems surprised, but she hugs her queen back, and the beginnings of a smile form at the corner of her mouth.  Misty steps back and looks toward Dr. Lord.

Misty: Am I free to go home now?

Dr. Lord thinks for a moment, before he pulls out his prescription pad, writing her out a prescription and hands it to her.

Dr. Lord: On one condition.  I'm prescribing you something to help you sleep at night.  You take them and start getting some rest, because you really need it.

Misty takes the prescription and nods to him with a smile.

Misty: Absolutely, Dr. Lord.  Thank you again for your care.  If I need anything I will be sure to give you a call.  Come on, Ruby.  Let's go.

Misty shakes Dr. Lord's hand, then heads toward the door with Ruby following behind her.  The two walk out of the room and leave the clinic soon after, as Dr. Lord stands there, shaking his head, still very concerned for his patient.

Dr. Lord: I hope for her sake that she is telling the truth.  Out of all of my patients, she is the most stubborn.  

Dr. Lord sighs and then walks out of the room as the scene fades out.

From The Mind of Your Queen
Journal Entry #2

Hello everyone and welcome to my mind...again!  Did you enjoy last week's glimpse into what goes on inside the mind of yours truly?  Yes?  No?  Maybe even a little bit?  Regardless of how you answer, I could really care less. \'wink.gif\'  You see, some people think I should do my promotional work for my matches a certain way....the way he does his own, because mine are just sooo incredibly boring.  At least to him, they are.  Well, I refuse to change the way I do things simply because one person doesn't like it or finds it boring.  In fact, if none of you liked the way I did things, I still wouldn't change because as I said before, I do things MY way.  After all, its worked out just fine so far.  So why change?

Since I returned in October, I've only lost one match...just one.  Unfortunately it was to Miss Ryder, but I have unfinished business with her.  Business that once this Blast From the Past tournament is done, will pick up right where we left off.  I won't focus on Miss Ryder too much at the moment, because I believe one of the brothers or Ruby will end up reading this and I do not wish to go back on my promise to them, and my promise to myself.  

You see, it has come to my attention recently that I am having a difficult time in sorting out my priorities as of late.  I have so much going on, that I am focusing on the wrong things at the wrong time.  If I don't figure things out, and soon, my whole word could come crashing down around me, and I don't want that.  I can't prove all of the ignorant fools who call me a washed up has been right by letting one mistake ruin everything and send me into a downward spiral.  So, I have made a decision.  A decision that my partner, Thatcher Rex, better pay close attention to.  A decision that our opponents this week better pay attention to.

I will admit, when  I first heard about this tournament, I was not looking forward to it.  After seeing all of the men who signed up for it, I saw who each of my potential partners could have been, and none of them sat well with me.  Thatcher Rex in particular, and it was due to his obvious dislike for me as he voiced on Twitter.  I watched his promo last week, after submitting my own, and I have to admit I got quite a chuckle out of everything he had to say.

Thatcher, I am well aware of the fact that you don't like me and that you don't trust me.  I know you were less than pleased with my decision to tag myself into the match on Sunday when we faced Rage and Angel Kash, but allow me to explain.  You see, I've never been big on the whole tag team scene, and I'm sure many will agree.  I've never been very trusting of anyone else, because when it comes down to it, the only person I can trust, is myself.  I tagged myself in for one reason and one reason only.  Because I was not finished with Angel Kash.  I wanted to end her, and had I not tagged myself in, I do not believe you would have tagged me in again, or that you would have been given the chance.  Don't get me wrong, I simply can not stand Rage, but he is a fierce competitor, and he wouldn't have tagged Angel in any more than you would have.

I like to fight, Thatcher, and I am sure you feel the same.  I know you don't agree with how I do things, but in my eyes, a win is a win no matter how the job gets done.  I didn't cheat to win that match did I?  Last I recall, I didn't.  Be happy with the victory and focus on our next opponents, because when it comes to the one YOU will be facing, you will need all the luck you can get.  I have already proved that I can beat Vixen, but are you up to the challenge of Nick Jones?  You see, if you aren't already aware, Nick Jones and I are a lot alike.  And it is not just because of he walks around with the entourage and I have my disciples.  That is a mere coincidence.

You see, I was the first two-time Bombshell Champion, and Nick Jones was the first two-time Heavyweight Champion.  He might have bragging rights because of the length of this first title run, but the length of time in a title reign doesn't mean much in my eyes.  Oh, and wouldn't you know that the first time both of us lost our titles, we lost them to a member of the Sins?  Granted, Kittie was not a member of the Sins yet when she defeated me, but that is besides the point.  

Nick Jones will be no easy task.  You may have faced the man who defeated him for the title he once held, last week, but we all know that Rage's win over Nick was pure luck.  Everyone knows that his time as the Heavyweight Champion was a joke, and that Nick is the real dominant force on the men's division.  Would you like to carry the SCW Heavyweight Championship one day, Thatcher?  You'd be a fool to say no, but if you want to prove that you are worthy of that belt, the way to do it is by making a statement against Nick Jones.  I hope you are up for the challenge, Mr. Rex.  Try not to focus on your distrust in me and look at the bigger picture, because Nick Jones is not one you should take lightly at all.  Just a friendly warning.

And do not worry about me being able to handle Vixen, either.  Ahh, Vixen...our current Bombshell Champion.  Congratulations again, Vixen.  You finally achieved something you have been working towards since you first stepped foot here in SCW.  You finally won the Bombshell Championship when you defeated...**giggles**...Amanda Cortez.  Not much of a challenge, though was it?  The last time you had a shot at the Bombshell Championship who did you face?  Ahh, yes...You faced me.  And you failed.  I applaud your effort, though.  

I must admit, I have seen a vast improvement in you, Vixen, though some of your decisions lately have been...questionable.  Shacking up with my ex, and the father of my children, for one thing was hardly a wise decision.  I have a question, Vix...When your lips meet his in a passionate kiss, how does it feel knowing that those same lips met mine numerous times for six long years? How does it feel knowing that...Nevermind.  I won't go there, but if you think about it hard enough, I'm sure you can guess as to where my mind was wandering just then.  

Does it bother you Vix, that everything you currently have, I had first?  The Bombshell Championship...Spike Staggs...NXT.  It was all mine first.  That right there proves just who the better woman between us really is.  Deny it all you want, but it is the truth.  Oh and how appropriate is it that you are competing in the J-Cup tournament this year, when I was the one who won it last year.  And your next opponent is the man I defeated to get my spot in the tournament last year.  So many coincidences, right?  Wrong!

Vixen, you will never, and I mean NEVER achieve what I have achieved.  You can try all you want...That is what you are doing, isn't it?  You're trying to prove your the best...that you're better than me, when we all know it is far from the truth.  It doesn't matter how many times we face each other, Vixen.  I will ALWAYS beat you, because I will ALWAYS be better than you.  Spike will deny it.  The fans will deny it, but my actions will always speak the truth.  Against me, Vixen...You are NOTHING.  

I will admit, you lucked out by drawing Nick Jones as your partner.  You stand a chance...a miniscule one, though, at advancing to the finals, but if I have anything to say about it, your run in this tournament ends this Sunday against me and Thatcher.  Sorry to disappoint you, Vixen.  Though if I were you, I wouldn't be too disappointed, though.  I'm sure you would much rather focus on defending that title of yours than worrying about some silly little tournament, right?  I certainly hope the answer is yes.  

My name is already cemented in the SCW record books, but winning this tournament would add it to one more place.  It would further prove why I am the BEST Bombshell to ever step foot in SCW, and while there will be no one else like me!  You don't trust me, Thatcher?  I will leave you with this statement...I will stop at nothing, and I mean NOTHING to have my name further cemented in SCW History.  If you name is next to it, so be it.  It will still be there.  Being a part of a tag team has never been my forte, but I will do anything and everything in my power to get us the win, and that is a promise.  But here is a final promise...I will NOT cheat to win.  Don't believe me?  Just wait and see.

Let that be a warning to Nick Jones and Vixen, too.  Oh, and Nicky boy...if your entourage decides to try and get involved, I'm fairly confident that my disciples are far more powerful than your goons.  Keep that in mind.

Nick Jones and Vixen...Your souls are damned and they belong to me!

**END FEED**
>