Author Topic: Taking On Too Much?  (Read 434 times)

Offline O Malley

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • O'Malley
Taking On Too Much?
« on: February 01, 2013, 02:24:43 PM »
 The pain is excruciating.  It is simply unbearable.  Why won't someone help me?  Where is a doctor?  I need a God damn doctor!  My baby...Oh God, my baby needs help!  Can't anyone hear me?  Helllooo?!  I need to save my baby!  I don't care if I have to give my life to save his.  Someone...anyone...please save my son!

She can't move.  She needs to stand up to find help, but she is temporarily paralyzed.  She is in so much pain, she can't find the strength to move.  One of her arms and legs are broken.  She has lost a lot of blood.  She is drifting in and out of consciousness, and inside her mind brief flashes of just how she got to this point run through her mind.  She was attacked, but the culprit is long gone, satisfied with leaving a pregnant woman for dead in the middle of this damp and dark alley.

Can anyone hear me?!  Please someone help me!  My baby...My son.  I can feel him fading away.  He's not moving anymore.  Come on baby...kick mommy's belly.  You're a fighter like your mommy and daddy.  It's in your blood, sweetie.  Don't give up, baby.

She pleads, if only in her mind.  She can feel the life inside her fading away, if he hasn't already.  The time goes by ever so slowly, though it seems like she has been laying there for hours, waiting...pleading to survive.  Praying for her unborn child to survive.  Will anyone find her?  Will her baby make it?

Damn it!  Come on!  Fight damn it!  Don't give up!  I'll die before I lose you, baby boy!  I'll give up my dream of ever seeing your beautiful face if you just fight to live!  Please...Please...PLEASE!  DON'T DIE ON ME!

Her breathing becomes more labored, and tears run down her face.  She's losing him.  Inside her mind, she knows she is losing her child and there is not a thing she can do to help him.  She can't even help herself.  She is beginning to lose all hope, when she hears voices around her.  She tries to open her eyes, but she is just not strong enough.  The voices...a woman and three, maybe four, different men...surround her.  They plead with her as she had with her baby.  They beg her to hold on.  They tell her they are taking her to a doctor as fast as they can.  She just has to hold on.

Please...don't let my baby die.  Do whatever you can to save him.  He is all I have left.  I'll die before I lose my son...

She can feel herself being carefully loaded into a vehicle, and the voices of her rescuers become more and more incoherent as she finally goes completely unconscious.

Her eyes flutter open and she slowly turns her head from side to side trying to look around the room.  Where is she?  A hospital?  A medical clinic?  She doesn't know, but she feels...nothing.  Oh God, she's completely numb, and her baby.  Her baby!  She can't feel him at all.

"My....Baby..." The words are almost incoherent, but those watching over her hear her regardless.  They are at her side immediately, thankful she has started coming to.

"Shhh...Do not try and speak.  You are badly hurt."

"I don't...care." She says, struggling to get the words out. "My son..."

She doesn't even look to her rescuers, as they look around at one another.  One of the men nods to the woman and she turns around, walking out of the room.  A few minutes later, she reappears in the room, holding something wrapped in a light blue blanket.  The woman has a blank expression on her face, as she slowly walks over to the injured woman in the bed.  The injured woman smiles as best as she can, knowing the woman is holding her son in her arms.  But why isn't he making a sound?  

"Let me...Let me see him."

The woman holding her son moves her eyes to look at one of the men.  He reluctantly nods, and she moves towards the woman in the bed, as a tear runs down her cheek.  Why is she crying?  The woman approaches her, sitting on the bed beside her.  She looks at the woman with a pain expression.

"I am so sorry, my Queen.  We did everything we could."

"What?  What are you talking about?  Give me my son."

The woman holding the baby leans in, showing him to his mother.  She looks at her son, and her eyes show nothing but confusion and pure terror.  

"What...What is wrong with him?!  Why is he so...pale?!"

The woman sets the baby down on the bed next to his mother and lowers her head sadly.  

"He is gone, my Queen.  We could not save him."

The baby's mother shakes her head furiously as her eyes fill with tears.  She stares at her lifeless child, refusing to believe this is true.  She reaches her good arm towards him, almost afraid to touch him.

"No...No...NO!" She cries. "He's not dead.  He's not gone!  BRING HIM BACK!  BRING HIM BACK!  BRING HIM BACK!"

"BRING HIM BACK!"

Misty bolts upright in her bed, having awoken from her nightmare.  The nightmare she is currently living in a way.  Her face is drenched in a cold sweat, and tears are running down her face as she remembers ever bit of the nightmare.  She is gasping for air, trying to catch her breath as she tries to snap herself back to reality.  She pulls her knees into her stomach, wrapping her arms around her legs and she just breathes.  On any other night, Ruby would have been in here in a heartbeat, but before they had all gone to bed Misty gave Ruby strict orders to stay in her own room tonight.  Ruby had surely heard her scream.

Misty looks to the clock on the bedside table.  It is four in the morning, and after that nightmare, she isn't going to be able to fall back asleep.  Not that it would make much of a difference at this point.  Misty pulls the covers from over her, and gets out of bed.  She goes into her walk-in closet, grabbing some of her work out clothes.  She goes into the bathroom and changes into her workout clothes before heading downstairs to her training room to get in an early morning work out.  As she disappears down the hall, Ruby peeks her head from out of her room.  She heads into Misty's room and over to the bedside table, where several photos are seen laying out.  After a closer look, we see the now familiar ultrasound picture of the baby Misty lost last summer, and next to it are the photos that were given to her just last week on Climax Control.  The pictures of Odette Ryder and Misty and Spike's daughter, Eden.  Ruby runs her hand over all of the pictures with a look of pure sadness on her face.

Ruby: Losing one child is bad enough, but to feel as though you have lost two children is especially difficult, my Queen.  But you must be strong.  Young Eden will be back in your arms very soon, and you will heal from the loss of your son.  I will make sure of it.

Ruby lifts one of the pictures of Odette Ryder and Eden, glaring at it with a cold and sadistic look in her eyes.

Ruby: And Odette Ryder will pay a steep price.  She will not get away with using your own flesh and blood as a pawn in this war.  

Ruby then takes the photo, ripping it in half, keeping only the half with Eden on it.  She crumples the part with Odette in her hand, tossing it to the ground and stomping on it, before leaving her queen's room, and heading downstairs to join Misty.  She walks into the training room to find Misty is working on the punching bag, trying to clear her mind of one thing, and focus on her upcoming match.  She doesn't notice Ruby walk into the room as she hits the bag over and over, getting more vicious with each strike.  The last time she hits the bag, she yells out, having hit the bag wrong, sending a jolt of pain through her hand and up her arm.  She shakes her arm and squeezes her hand, trying to shake off the pain and Ruby approaches her.

Ruby: My Queen, are you alright?  Do not injure yourself before you match.

Misty turns around, having been startled by Ruby.  She just shakes her head as she gets back to working on the punching bag.

Misty: What are you doing down here, Ruby?  Go back to bed.

Ruby: I heard you leave your room and I got worried.  Did you get any sleep?

Misty responds by only nodding once.  Ruby knows better than to believe her, though she doesn't call her queen out on her blatant lie.

Misty: You can go back to bed Ruby.  I'd like some time to myself to clear my head.

Ruby: I will not leave you alone, my Queen.  I will not bother you at the moment, but I will not leave you alone.

Misty: Why?  Why won't you leave me alone now?  You've always listened to me before, so why the fuck are you suddenly choosing to disobey me?  I want to be left alone, Ruby!

Misty punches the bag with great force.  She seems highly frustrated as she punches the bag, then switches to kicking it as her speed increases.  Ruby approaches her, placing her hands on Misty's shoulders and she pulls her away from the bag.  Misty tries to push Ruby away, but it is a half-hearted attempted and it doesn't work.

Ruby: Because you are clearly troubled, my Queen.  You've taken on so much lately, and there is only so much the mind can handle.

Misty: I'm FINE!

Ruby: No you're not!  You are in denial, my Queen and we all see it!  You need to slow down, and soon, or you're going to break down.

Ruby looks at Misty with a pleading look in her eyes.  She can sense the stress that Misty is under, and can see it escalating day by day, yet Misty refuses to slow down.  Misty shakes her head and she appears to start trembling.  Ruby pulls her close in a comforting embrace.

Ruby: You know we speak the truth, my Queen.  If you didn't, you wouldn't be in this state that you currently are.  Please let us help you.  Let Dr. Lord help you.

Misty: No...No, I'm fine Ruby.  I'm just tired.

Ruby suddenly, and uncharacteristically, pushes Misty away from her as a furious look grows on her face.  Misty is taken by surprise as she looks at Ruby with a confused look on her face.

Ruby: I wish you would stop saying that, because you are most certainly NOT fine! You're just trying to convince everyone around you that you're fine.  You're trying to convince yourself that your fine, but we all see past it!  If you want to distract yourself from the obvious stress and pain you are under, then by all means, go right ahead, but just know one thing, my Queen.  As of this moment...my obedience to you is now up in the air.  I will not listen to a woman who refuses to listen to the concerns of those who care about her.  Have it your way, my Queen.

Ruby then turns away from Misty, briskly walking away from her and out of the room.  Misty stands there, shell shocked in a way, but also looking almost...heartbroken.  She stands there for what seems like minutes before she spins around, and stares at the punching bag.  Her nostrils flare, and she has a cold and malicious look in her eyes.  Suddenly, in a fit of rage, she punches the bag with all her strength and lets out a loud scream.  She punches it again, then kicks it before she begins destroying her training room in a mad rage and the scene fades out.

It is late afternoon the following day.  All of Misty's disciples are up and about, doing various projects around their home.  They are all scheduled to leave for Nova Scotia in twenty-four hours as Misty prepares for her first round match in the NWA J-Cup tournament.  Damien, Dante, Sebastian and Zane are all getting things together for their trip to Nova Scotia while Ruby is in the kitchen, preparing dinner for the group.  But where is Misty?  Where is the Queen of the Damned?  If you look in her room, you will find her.  She is still in bed, though she is not sleeping.  Misty has her laptop in hand, furiously typing away, and Ruby has only seldom been in her room to check on her.  

As she continues to type, there is a knock on her door.  She looks up from the computer and towards the door, taking in a deep breath.

Misty: It's open!

She quickly turns her attention back to her computer as her door opens.  Dr. Lord, her personal physician as well as the physician to her disciples, walks in.  He closes the door behind him, as Misty only moves her eyes up from the computer to look towards him.

Misty: Dr. Lord...I was not expecting you today.

Dr. Lord: I know.  I thought I would stop by to see how you are doing.  I understand you, Ruby and the brothers are all scheduled to fly to Nova Scotia tomorrow?

Misty: Uh huh..That's right.

Misty doesn't acknowledge Dr. Lord, instead giving her full attention to her computer.  Dr. Lord takes a seat on the bed next to Misty.  He tries to look at what she is writing, but she pulls the computer away so he can't see.

Dr. Lord: How are you feeling?

Misty: I feel great.  Never better.

Dr. Lord nods once as Misty is short and vague with her responses.  She continues to ignore him, and he continues to question her, hoping she will speak to him.

Dr. Lord: And your sleeping schedule?  How is that working out for you?

Misty glances up to him, showing her obvious agitation.

Misty: Fine.  I'm sleeping just fine.

Dr. Lord: You sure about that?  Misty, can you stop what your doing for just a second and pay attention to me?

Misty shakes her head and continues to type.

Misty: I'm sorry, Dr. Lord, but we didn't have an appointment today.  Therefore, I have no reason to pay attention to you.  As you can see, I'm busy.  Please show yourself out.

Dr. Lord sighs, and thinks briefly about his next decision.  Knowing Misty and how stubborn she is, he closes the laptop as she is typing and takes it from her possession.  He stands up and walks it over to the dresser across the room.  This clearly angers Misty even further, as her face flushes red and she fumes.

Misty: Who the hell do you think you are?!

Dr. Lord: I am not here for a medical exam, Misty.  I am here because Ruby and the brothers have expressed their concerns over your recent behavior and lack of sleep.  I am here as a personal favor to check on you and to try and get you to listen to me.

Misty: Well I don't want to listen to anything you have to say.  So, as I said, let yourself out before--

Dr. Lord: Before what?  You call for Damien?  Or Zane maybe?  I hate to break it to you Misty, but they won't force me to leave.  They are the reason I am here today.  You're putting yourself under too much pressure lately.  I told you before that adding more distractions will not help you deal--

Misty suddenly pulls her hand back and smacks Dr. Lord hard across the face.  She leans in towards him, point her finger in his face.

Misty: Don't...you...dare!  Don't you DARE think about bringing up my miscarriage, do you understand me?!  It is in the past!  I am trying to move on, but you don't seem to understand that, do you?!  Damien...Dante...Sebastian...Zane...Ruby!  None of you seem to understand it, do you?!  I am not going to dwell on something that I can not change or take back!  I lost my children from the decisions I made, so it is time to move on!

Dr. Lord: Children?  Misty, you only lost one child...

Misty shakes her head acting as though she doesn't know what Dr. Lord is talking about.

Misty: I know that.  That's why I said child.

Dr. Lord: No, you didn't.  You said children.  As in multiple.  See, this is why we're all concerned.

Misty: I don't care!  I am going to keep doing what I am doing and making decisions for MY life, do you understand me?  Tomorrow, I am going to fly to Nova Scotia with or without Ruby and the Brothers.  Sunday, I am going to fight in my first round match for the J-Cup tournament, and I will advance to the second round.  After that match is done, I'm going to get right back on a plane and head back here to Las Vegas for my tag team match with Thatcher Rex.  I am going to fight in however many matches SCW and the NWA hand out to me, because that is what I do!  If you, Ruby and the Brothers don't like it, you're more than welcome to walk away.  I'm more than capable of doing things on my own.

Misty takes in a deep breath before she stands up and walks over to grab her computer.  She gets herself comfortable in her bed again, opening the laptop and continuing her writing where she left off.

Dr. Lord: For your sake, I hope you are right.  I don't agree with any of it, but I hope you're right, because the potential effects could be devastating.  I hope you realize that.  None of us are going to give up on you, and we will not leave you to deal with any of this alone.  Remember that.

Misty: Mmhmm..Sure.

Dr. Lord: Good luck in both of your matches this week.  I will see you next week, then.

Misty nods, pretending as if she heard a word he said.  Dr. Lord stands up, not wasting any more of his or Misty's time and leaves.  When he closes the door behind him, Misty looks up towards the door and narrows her eyes.

Misty: As if I need luck...

She turns her attention back to her computer and starts typing away and the scene fades out.

From The Mind of Your Queen
Journal Entry #1

I used to keep a journal, writing in it every so often, but things happened and I just...stopped.  Next to wrestling, writing has always been close to my heart.  It has been my second passion.  Writing has always helped me clear my head, and get things into perspective.  You might not realize it by looking at me, but it's true.  A lot has happened over this last year, and I think it's time that I get back into my writing, as it may be the only thing that can save me.  And this journal will not be private, either.  At least not all of it.  I am going to allow the SCW fans certain privileges and give them insight into what goes on inside my brain.

Shocking, isn't it?  How I, a woman who is hated by so many, can give people a look into what I am thinking on a daily basis?  How can I be so brave as to reveal possible weaknesses, knowing that my opponents will more than likely be watching this?  I'm asking myself that same question right now, but hell it's my decision isn't it?  I don't care if people like me or not.  I do whatever the hell I want, including this.  

My disciples have repeatedly expressed their concerns lately over my decisions to get involved in what they consider to be more than I can handle.  My feud with Odette Ryder...entering myself in the J-Cup Tournament...this Blast From the Past Mixed Tag Team tournament match with Thatcher Rex as my partner...constant battles on twitter with Thatcher, Ben Jordan and more recently, Blade Alexander.  It does seem like a lot doesn't it?  Possibly, but it keeps me busy, and in most cases, it keeps me entertained.  Especially that Ben Jordan character...

Benny Boy, I know you're reading, or watching, this right now, and I know what you're thinking.  Yes, I know what you are thinking, and I have plenty to say to you, but I'm going to save it for when we meet up in the J-Cup tournament.  Oh yes, it will happen.  So think whatever you want to think.  Have your fun for now, because when the time comes, I'll beat you in the ring.  Looking forward to it, Benny Boy.

Blade Alexander...Wow I really don't like saying that name anymore than I like hearing him say my name.  Because he does do it quite a lot in his promos, doesn't he?  He has since the very beginning, for reasons I still don't quite understand.  Blade, I can't deal with you being a thorn in my side in SCW, but I promise you one thing.  Somehow...someway...I WILL get my hands on you and I WILL prove just who the better between us is.  You have a problem with me?  I don't give a fuck, but keep pushing my buttons and there is going to be a problem.  Take that as your first warning.  Fortunately for you I have more important things to deal with at the moment than an arrogant jackass such as yourself.

That brings me to my upcoming match, and to my tag team partner for the week...Thatcher Rex.  Such a coincidence we've been drawn as partners considering our back and forth battle of words on Twitter, don't you think?  Yeah, I don't think so either.  I may have been your forth choice, Mr. Rex, but I'll prove to you why I should have been your first choice.  You want to be successful here in SCW, don't you?  You are on your way already, being the number one contender to the Roulette Title and all, but in this tournament only one Bombshell will get us to the final round.  Only one Bombshell will get us the victory, and it isn't any of your first three choices.  You're teamed with her, and I give you my word that I have no tricks up my sleeve, nor will I do anything to jeopardize our success in this tournament.  Whether you believe it or not is up to you.

We have quite the challenge in opponents this week...at least when it comes to the man you will be facing.  Rage is not one to be taken lightly.  Did you know that I was the one who first introduced him to the wrestling world nearly ten years ago?  I'm sure he just hatesto admit it, but it's true.  If he weren't in the Seven Deadly Sins right now, he'd make the perfect addition to my disciples.  Again, he'll argue otherwise, but it's the truth.  Isn't it Rage?

Don't let Rage's name fool you though, Thatcher.  He likes to think he's this big angry beast, but he's quite the opposite.  He's completely worthless, and it's only fitting that he drew an equally worthless tag team partner this week...Angel Kash.

Angel Kash...Everything that is exactly wrong with the Bombshell Division lately...and women's wrestling as a whole.  She's not a wrestler, though she thinks she is.  The Trillion Dollar Princess?  Really?  Oh Angel why don't you do us all a favor, after I beat you senseless of course, and just walk away from wrestling all together.  A wrestling ring is no place for a spoiled little brat such as yourself.

Angel you may have been lucky enough to draw Rage as your partner in this tournament, but you weren't so lucky in your first opponents.  Thatcher will handle Rage and I will deal with you.  Women like you...Wait, no...GIRLS like you piss me off, and at Climax Control, I'll show you just how much.  I look forward to hearing your childish insults and junior high level vocabulary, because quite honestly, I'm always up for a laugh these days.  I'm going to destroy you, Angel...Keep that in mind.

Sunday is a day for two victories for the Queen of the Damned...Nova Scotia and Las Vegas are about to be taken by storm.

Angel Kash...You can keep your silver spoon fed soul.  I don't want it.

**END FEED**
>