Author Topic: Much To Be Thankful For  (Read 446 times)

Offline O Malley

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • O'Malley
Much To Be Thankful For
« on: November 23, 2012, 07:05:46 PM »
 Early Thanksgiving Morning

”Thanksgiving.  The time of year in America in which we are to express what we are thankful for.  Thanksgiving is the time of year where one should be thankful for the important people in their lives, and not the luxuries.  Yes, they should be thankful for their families…their friends…but unfortunately, for some, that is not the case, is it?

The recently familiar voice belonging to Misty’s female disciple, Ruby is heard as the camera opens up inside the nearly darkened room.  The only light offered in the room is coming from the moon shining in through the window.  Slow gentle breathing can be heard, followed by an almost childlike whimper.  The light turns on from the corner of the room, where Ruby is seen seated in a chair.  She gets out of the chair and walks over to the large four-post bed and takes a seat on the edge.  Ruby looks at a very restless sleeping Misty, but she does not wake her.

”What a year it has been for my Queen.  She has accomplished so much and made an astounding impact in everything she has done.  She is an inspiration to us all.”

Ruby speaks quietly, the admiration and love shining through her voice.  Misty rolls over on to her side, now facing Ruby, but she is still fast asleep.  It appears that she is dreaming about something very unsettling.

”I look at her and I wonder what would have happened…what almost happened had she really married that…parasite.  I shudder just thinking about how close she was to going through with that wedding, and I for one, am thankful she did not.  Oh how different things would be if she had.”

Misty whimpers and continues to stir in her sleep.  Her eyes appear as though she is crying, or about to cry, and Ruby watches, saddened to see her Queen so restless.  She inches closer to her, ready to comfort her at any moment.

”It pains me to see my Queen like this.  I wish I could make all of her nightmares disappear so she can finally sleep peacefully.  I wish she would confide in me…tell me what troubles her sleep so often, but I shall not pressure her.  I will wait for her to speak to me, whenever she is truly ready.  I will continue to show my dedication and loyalty to her until she orders me away.”

Ruby lays on her side, watching Misty intently as she sleeps.  She watches every move Misty makes, and runs her hand down Misty’s cheek gently, careful not to wake her.

”Too many people around her loathe her very existence.  They believe they know her and who she is deep down, but they don’t.  These people simply do not care, and it pains me to think back to the time just a few short months ago where we were all so close to losing her. How would these people feel had Roxanne prevailed in her mission to destroy my Queen…to end her?  Would they feel guilt?  Would they feel remorse for how they spoke to and about her, and how they treated her?”

Ruby shakes her head and keeps her eyes on Misty.  Misty whimpers yet again, and her mouth moves as she talks in her sleep, but what she says is unclear to the camera.  Misty rolls over on to her other side, and Ruby props herself up on to her elbow, placing her head in her hand.

”Throughout most of her life, those around her have shown little to no concern for her.  Her entire family has done nothing but think about themselves and their needs, when all along, it was she who was troubled and needed guidance.  She was trying to be what they all wanted her to be and not being true to herself and her rightful path in life.  The brothers and I saved her from those people…saved her from herself.  I am thankful she realized what she was doing was all wrong.  I am thankful she allowed me to be her healer, and that she continues to do so.  I am thankful for my Queen.”

Misty suddenly screams and bolts upright to a sitting position.  She is breathing heavily, and sweat drips down her forhead.  She looks around, slightly confused, and turns to see Ruby now standing next to her bed, looking at her with concern.  Misty wipes some of the sweat away from her forehead, and looks at Ruby.

Misty: Ruby?  What happened?

Ruby: You had a nightmare my Queen.  You were very restless in your sleep.

Misty: Did I say anything while I was asleep?

Ruby nods.

Ruby: Yes, my Queen, you did, but it was very incoherent.  Please, my Queen, try and go back to sleep.  You need your rest.

Misty looks to the clock sitting on the end table next to her bed.  2:30 A.M Misty shakes her head, and then looks back to Ruby.

Misty: Have you slept at all, Ruby?

Ruby: I sleep when  you sleep, my Queen.  Do not worry about me.  I assure you I am fine.

Misty: Ruby, I appreciate your concern, but you need rest as much as I do.  You know if I need anything in the middle of the night I will call for you, so you don’t need to watch over me every single night.

Ruby bows her head but says nothing.

Misty: I promise you I will be fine.  Please go back to your room and get some sleep.  You are not useful to me when you are exhausted.

Ruby: As you wish my Queen.

Misty props her feet up, pulling her knees to her chest.  She takes in a deep breath, something obviously distracting her.  Ruby turns to walk away without another word when Misty stops her.

Misty: I can't express my appreciation to you enough, Ruby.  You've taken great care of me these past few months, but you do need to think about yourself sometimes.  I won't think any less of you nor will I punish you.  

Ruby: Thank you, my Queen.  I shall do my best, but I am here to serve you.  Do you need anything before I retire to my room?

Misty shakes her head with a polite smile.

Misty: No, thank you Ruby.  I'll be fine.  I'll see you later in the morning.

Ruby: Of course.  Good night, my Queen.  

Misty: Good night, Ruby.  Don't worry about the nightmares either.  You know what they are about, and I plan to deal with them soon.

Ruby mirrors the same polite smile that Misty gave her and nods, though the look in her eyes tells a different story.  She walks out of the room, quietly closing the door behind her, and she nearly bumps into Zane.

Zane: Ruby, is everything alright?  I heard her scream.

Ruby: All is well at the moment, Zane.  She had another nightmare, but she has assured me she is fine.

Zane looks at Misty's bedroom door taking in a deep breath.  He runs his hand over his head.

Zane: Another nightmare?  Is it about---

Ruby holds a finger up to her mouth silencing Zane before he can finish that sentence.  She folds her arms across her chest and gives him a stern look.

Ruby: Watch your words, Zane.  Our Queen is strong, but there are certain things that even the strongest can not overcome right away.  She will be fine, I assure you.  How is Damien?

Zane: Damien is his usual stubborn self, but he is fine.  The headaches have subsided, which is a good sign.  He does not like the fact that Dr. Lord still wants him to take it easy, even after two weeks.

Ruby smiles and lets out a laugh.

Ruby: Of course he wouldn't appreciate that, would he? Our Queen's disgusting ex-fiancee did hit him rather hard, and Damien did suffer a nasty concussion.  These precautions are for his own good, but I assume now that the headaches are subsiding, Dr. Lord will clear him.  I will speak to him later.

Zane: Perhaps you can get through to him, Ruby.  I am going to go check on our Queen before I go back to bad.

Zane tries to walk past Ruby and walk in to Misty's room when Ruby grabs a hold of his arm, pulling him back.  She narrows his eyes at him.

Ruby: You will do no such thing, brother Zane.  She has probably fallen back asleep, and you will not wake her.  Do you understand?  She needs her rest, and if she needs anything she will call for me.

Zane nods and backs away from the door.  Ruby releases his arm and moves over to her own bedroom door.

Zane: Very well then.  I’ll see you later in the morning then, Ruby.  Sleep well.

Ruby: And you as well, brother Zane.  Good night.

Ruby opens her bedroom door and disappears inside, and the door can be heard locking behind her.  Zane heads off down the hall to his own bedroom.  Several minutes later, when all is quiet, Misty’s bedroom door opens, and she peeks her head out.  She looks down both directions of the hall and, realizing the coast is clear, she steps out, quietly closing the door behind her.  She appears to be fully dressed now, wearing her signature full length black robe over her clothes.  She looks across the hall where two sets of keys are hanging on hooks and her eyes light up.  Misty quickly grabs the keys belonging to the van, and looks down the hall one last time before sneaking out of the building and to the van.  The sound of the engine revving to life is heard a couple of minutes later, and down the hall Dante comes running out of his room, and is met by Ruby.  Dante glances at where the keys were hanging just a few minutes earlier, then looks at Ruby.

Dante: Where did she go?!

Ruby: I do not know, brother Dante, but I will not question her judgement.  She will be back whenever she is ready.  Go back to bed.  I am sure she will be back by sunrise.

Dante: If Damien finds out—

Ruby: There is nothing Damien can do about it.  Our Queen makes her own decisions.  You know that.  I am going back to bed now, and I suggest you do the same.

Ruby then disappears back inside her room.  Dante stands there for a moment, scratching his head.  He then shrugs and walks off down the hall back to his room.  A short while later the scene opens up in a Las Vegas neighborhood.  A few houses line the darkened street.  The white van belonging to Misty and her disciples is parked outside a yard surrounded by a chain link fence.  Yellow caution tape surrounds the lot, and upon closer inspection, we see what is left of the house that once stood in this yard...nothing but a pile of charred debris.

The driver’s side door of the van opens, and Misty walks out.  Aside from her face, the rest of her body is hidden from view from her black robe.  She very carefully closes the door, trying not to make too much noise so she doesn’t attract any attention to herself, and she walks around the van.  Misty stands outside the fence for several minutes, though it seems like longer.  She stares at the rubble, before a vengeful look grows on her face.  She rips the caution tape from off of the fence, tosses it to the ground and opens the gate.  She slowly walks through the yard and toward the burned house, and when she is just a few feet away, she stops.

Misty: Oh, dear Electra…The decisions you’ve made will bring great consequences.  I really loved this house and you had to go and burn it to the ground while I was gone and couldn’t do anything about it.  Rest assured, though…I’ll get my payback sooner or later.  I just have someone else to take care of.

Misty takes a few steps forward, bends down and grabs some of the debris.  She holds it in her hands, then strangely she lifts it to her nose, inhaling.  Although several months have passed, it still smells of smoke.  She grimaces, then tosses it to the ground and dusts her hands off.

Misty: So much has happened in SCW over the last few months.  Had I been around things would be very different then they are at the moment.  I would have gotten my Bombshell Championship back, and the women who held it during my absence, would not have.  Women like Odette Ryder…Mercedes**chuckles**…and now, Amanda Cortez.  The decline in the status of the Bombshell Championship…in the status of the Bombshell Division as a whole is what is driving me to show what true greatness is.  Every single Bombshell on the roster will experience my wrath, one by one.  Necra Otavian Kane was the first, and just two weeks ago Laura Jackson was the latest.

Misty starts to slowly walk around the lot, keeping her gaze locked on what used to be her house.  She narrows her eyes and breathes slowly, as she thinks about all that has happened.

Misty: My sights are set on one person and one person only at the moment, but our wonderful bosses want to protect little miss perfect it seems.  I am quite surprised Mark Ward does not want Miss Ryder finished once and for all, and instead wishes to throw the weakest before me first…including a former Bombshell Roulette Champion in Karina Koji.

A sadistic smile appears on Misty’s face and she lets out a light chuckle.  She continues to walk around the yard, heading in to the backyard.  One of her patio chairs remains in the middle of the yard.  She walks over to the chair, turns it around and takes a seat facing her burned house.  She crosses one leg over the other.

Misty: Future Bombshell Champion versus Former Bombshell Roulette Champion.  How interesting.  Some might think I have quite the challenge ahead of me, but that is hardly the way I see it.  Karina Koji has potential.  She has all the right qualities to go down in SCW history and be truly great at what she does.  She has all the right qualities, but she has not found the proper way to display such qualities and skills to her full potential.  I could show her the way if I really wished to do so, but unfortunately, I do not.  She has been put in my path as an opponent…an enemy…and I intend to treat her as such.  Roulette rules or not, Karina Koji will experience my wrath all while I send a message to every single Bombshell…more importantly, Odette Ryder.  Everyone can continue to underestimate me all they like, but the fact remains that I am the only Bombshell that should be feared on this roster.  And sooner or later, they will all fear me…They will all kneel before me, willingly or forcefully.  The Bombshell Roster belongs to me, and there is not a damn thing any of them can do to stop me.

Misty remains seated in the chair, not moving so much as an inch.  She stares at the charred remains of her house intently, forming her plans inside her head.  She sits there, focusing her mind and all of her energy on the near future until the sun begins to rise off in the distance.

Later that day…

The large dining room table is set and ready to serve Misty and her five disciples.  Misty’s spot is at the head of the table with two chairs on each side for the brothers, and Ruby’s spot at the end opposite to Misty.  Various dishes are already set on the table as well as a pitcher of ice water and two different bottles of wine.  Misty, Ruby and the Brothers can be heard talking as they make their way to the table from the kitchen.  Damien is carrying a platter holding the large turkey they prepared for their Thanksgiving dinner.  Damien sets it down just in front of his spot, while everyone takes their places at the table.  Damien takes his place, grabbing the carving knife that was left on his plate.

Misty: Before you start carving the turkey Damien, I would like to say a few things.

Damien nods and sets the knife down, and they all turn their attention to their queen.  She stands up and looks to each of them with a genuine smile on her face.

Misty: I look at this wonderful meal that we all helped prepare, and for the first time that I can remember since the birth of my daughter, I can truly say my heart is filled with joy.  I have only known the five of you for just four months, but it feels as though it has been a lifetime.  You all saved me from heading down the wrong path, and returning to the life everyone wanted me to lead.  You healed me when I could not stand on my own two feet and when my own family wouldn't have done what you did.  You opened my eyes to my true calling in life, and I couldn't be more grateful than I am at this moment.

Ruby and the brothers all smile in admiration of their Queen.  For a brief moment, it almost appears as if Misty is on the verge of tears, but she holds herself together as she addresses her loyal followers.

Misty: After what is now being referred to as the Bloodbath with Roxanne, I was left battered and broken.  My body couldn't take any more abuse than it already did, and if it had, I probably wouldn't be standing before you today.  I have no doubt in my mind that had you, Damien and Dante, not stepped in when you did, Roxanne would have tried to finish the job.  She was in nearly as bad of shape as I was, but she was somehow able to stand after that brutal battle.  I owe each of you my life.  I stand before you as your Queen.  I look at you and see the dedication and the loyalty in your eyes and everything you do every day, but I am eternally gratefully to the five of you.  I am thankful to have each and every one of you in my life.

Ruby and the Brothers all bow their heads as a sign of respect and loyalty to Misty, but when she clears her throat, they turn their attention back to her.

Misty: Thanks to all of you, I was able to make my return to Sin City Wrestling, reclaiming my place on the Bombshell roster, and proving once again, why I am the one they should fear.  I may not be the reigning Bombshell Champion, but in the near future, that will all change.  Once my work with Karina Koji, and then Odette Ryder is done, Mark Ward and Christian Underwood will have no other choice but to give me what I deserve...what is rightfully mine.  

Ruby nods her head slowly in agreement and smiles at Misty.  All eyes are still locked on Misty as she looks around the room.

Misty: From the bottom of my heart, I thank each of you for your unwavering loyalty and devotion.  I couldn't ask for better people to spend this Thanksgiving with.  Now, shall we eat before all this delicious looking food gets cold?

Misty gives the signal for Damien to begin carving the turkey, and he picks up the knife and does so.  Ruby and the rest of the brothers begin filling their plates, passing around each dish as they take their share.  Misty takes one of the bottles of wine and pours some into her glass.  She takes a sip, leaning back in her chair as she watches her new family begin begin their conversations while they eat.  A smile appears on her face as Damien offers her some turkey and she accepts, and then fills the rest of her plate before the scene fades away.

The Next Day...

Thanksgiving has come and gone.  The time for rest and relaxation is over, and it is now time to focus.  It's time to focus on the days ahead, and the tasks which are about to be put in Misty's way.  In just two days Misty and Karina Koji will meet face to face in the ring for the very first time in a match under roulette rules.  Time will tell what the roulette wheel has in story for these two Bombshells, and that does not sit well with Ruby and the brothers.  Especially after what happened in the "bloodbath" with Roxanne just four months ago.

Misty is relaxing in her bedroom at the moment, seated in her throne-like chair.  Ruby is seated on the floor by her feet, and the four brothers stand around them.  None of them look pleased at how calm Misty's demeanor is.

Misty: If I didn't know any better, I'd say you all don't have any confidence in my wrestling abilities. You do not believe that I will beat Karina Koji and make her kneel before me.

The brothers look at one another quickly, before turning their attention back to Misty, all shaking their heads.  Sebastian takes a step forward, a concerned expression appearing on his face.

Sebastian: My queen, we have full confidence in what you are capable of.  That is not what concerns us.  I think I speak for the rest of the brothers on this, but you've only been back a few weeks.  You are healed, yes, but under roulette rules, you could be dealt anything.  It's a game of chance!  

Misty: That is what makes it interesting, Sebastian.  Interesting and fun.

Misty smiles confidently and she crosses one leg over the other.  Ruby turns her head to look at Misty, and Damien takes a step forward, standing next to Sebastian.

Damien: It is not that we don't believe you will defeat Miss Koji, my Queen, but rather what might happen under certain stipulations this match could have.  What would you do if you were given another hardcore match like your match with Roxanne?  You could injure yourself all over again, or maybe worse.

Misty narrows her eyes, then stands up.  Damien is much taller than she is, but he still backs away as his queen approaches him angrily.

Misty: I want you all to listen to me, and listen to me closely.  There is not one damn female on the Bombshell roster that could come close to inflictinf the damage on me that Roxanne did four months ago!  It kills me to admit that, but it is the damn truth.  I understand you all are concerned for my safety, but Karina Koji is not a problem for me.  Roulette rules or not.  She doesn't stand a chance against me.

Ruby: Your dominance over the Bombshell roster shall continue on Sunday, my Queen.  I believe in you.

Misty runs her hand over Ruby's head as if petting her.  She gives Ruby a warm-hearted smile, and Ruby remains expressionless.

Misty: I know you do, Ruby.  Thank you.

Misty turns her attention back to the brothers, now more serious.

Misty: Please understand, brothers, there is no need for you to be concerned about this match.  I am healed and I feel stronger than I did before.  I have each of you to thank for that, and I will be absolutely fine.  I know how to handle women like Karina Koji.  I know how to handle people a hell of a lot more dangerous than she is.

Sebastian: Forgive me, my Queen, but try not to underestimate Miss Koji.  She will be in her element in this match as it is under Roulette Rules.  She is a former Bombshell Roulette Champion.  She knows what to expect.

Misty closes her eyes and takes in a deep breath.  She opens her eyes again and then steps forward, standing directly in front of Sebastian.

Misty: I don't underestimate Miss Koji one bit, dear Sebastian.  I know full well what to expect from her.  Karina is a very skilled fighter, and she has the attitude and the passion to back it up.  She is on the right path, heading towards greatness.  I know what she is thinking now, too.  What anyone who faces me thinks.

Sebastian: What is that, my Queen?

Misty smiles and lets out an arrogant laugh.

Misty: Every Bombshell on the roster would do anything to get a shot at facing me, Sebastian. I've accomplished more than any of those other women, and a match against me means an opportunity to defeat me.  A victory over me, Sebastian, would mean bragging rights for these women for a long time.  That is what Karina Koji wants.  That is what she needs.  I may not be the current champion, but I am a champion in my heart...in my soul.  

Damien: My Queen, where does Karina Koji fit into your ultimate goal for the Bombshell division?  She  is already showing signs of the darkness within her.

Misty: Karina Koji is another stepping stone to my goal, Damien.  Every woman I face, is part of that ultimate goal, regardless of they already embrace the darkness within their soul.  One by one, they will kneel before me, including Karina Koji.  She will do everything she can to defeat me, but in the end, she will fail, and I will walk away with the victory.  I will own her soul, and she will have no other choice but to declare it before everyone in attendance.  She will fear me as will the reat of the Bombshells.  Their fate is sealed.

Damien: And what about Odette Ryder?  

Misty smiles wickedly, and folds her arms across her chest.

Misty: Odette Ryder will be dealt with shortly, Damien.  My plans for her have begun to unfold, and she will not know what hit her.  Darkness surrounds her, and is inside of her, she just needs a little nudge...a little help embracing it.  Don't worry, Damien.  She will get there.  They all will, and I will guide them.  

Misty turns and walks over to her windowsill.  She stares at the house in the distance, belonging to Spike Staggs, and remains silent for several minutes.  Her disciples remain quiet as they watch her, and wait for her to speak.  Misty runs her hand along the window, and then turns around to face them once again.  Her eyes have mysteriously changed color, as they are now almost glowing red.

Misty: Karina Koji's soul is damned...and it belongs to me!

Upon seeing her red eyes, Misty's disciples all kneel before her and bow their heads in a show of loyalty.  Misty's mouth turns up in a wicked smile once again, and the camera zooms in on her eyes as the scene fades out to black.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 07:07:13 PM by Misty »
>