Author Topic: There Is Someone Watching Behind You  (Read 447 times)

Offline O Malley

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • O'Malley
There Is Someone Watching Behind You
« on: July 12, 2012, 07:42:49 PM »
 There is someone watching behind you.  Turn around, look at me.

For as long as I’ve known her, I’ve never had a good relationship with Roxanne.  Even back in our GXW days, it was clear we hated each other.  The hatred she felt towards me was clearly stronger than mine towards her.  She was jealous because Spike fell in love with me, and I got to spend more time with her son than she did.  And for good reason.  That woman made my life a living hell for a quite some time.  I don’t remember exactly what changed, but somehow, we ended up getting over our differences and managed to get along.

When I found out she had died, a part of me was actually crushed.  Heartbroken even.  But not for myself.  For my stepson…well, my son for all intents and purposes.  He was just on track to finally having his mother back in his life, and BOOM!, she was gone.  Or so we thought.

In the years that followed, I did everything I could to console Timmy, and to be a mother to him.  Even after Eden was born, I made sure Timmy knew I was there for him.  Eventually he got over Roxanne and accepted that she was gone and never coming back.

But she came back, didn’t she?  She returned with a vengeance, and is once again making my life a living hell, and why?  Because I did exactly what she did!  The only difference between her and I is that I didn’t fake my own death!  Roxanne is the biggest hypocrite I’ve ever met, and I’m going to make her pay dearly for all the shit she has caused.

Roxanne is the reason I am making this little trip before Climax Control.  She is the reason that I am returning to St. Louis.  It is time for me to do something that should have been done years ago.  I’m about to get my hands a little dirty, people.

The sky is dark, save for the gentle light given off by the stars and the crescent mood.  A few clouds wander across the sky, but overall it is a gorgeous and calm summer night here in St. Louis, Missouri.

The scene opens up just outside an unknown cemetery.  The only light coming from within the cemetery comes from solar lights that family members have left marking the graves of their loved ones.  The gate leading into the cemetery is closed, and a chain and lock latches it shut.  Just then, a car pulls up outside the gate, shutting its headlights off.  The driver’s side door swings open, and Misty walks out.  She approaches the gate, taking note of the lock, but apparently she came prepared as she opens the trunk of her rental car and pulls out a large pair of bolt cutters.

Misty cuts the chain and lock with ease, letting them fall to the ground, and she opens the gate wide enough to get her car inside.  She pulls her car inside, then closes the gate enough so as not to draw attention should someone drive by.

Misty looks around the cemetery, trying to get an idea of where she needs to go.  It’s been a while since she’s been here, but she knows what she is looking for.  She’d never been here at night, for obvious reasons, but navigating during the day was a hell of a lot easier.  She finally figures out which way she needs to go, and she slowly drives her car in that direction, stopping just in front of a section near the back of the cemetery.

She puts the car in park, looking at the graves in this section, and she pops the trunk.  Misty walks to the back of the car and takes out a sledgehammer, flashlight and…a shovel?!  She slams the trunk closed and walks ahead, shining the flashlight over some of the headstones.  When the light hits one of the larger headstones, she stops and a sadistic smile appears on her face.

Misty: There you are you piece of shit…

Misty stops over the grave she was searching for, keeping the flashlight shining on the headstone.  Just whose grave is she standing over? ”Roxanne..Born?? Died 2007” She drops the shovel and the sledgehammer, and studies the headstone for a while.

Misty: I always knew what that bitch was capable of, but this…this is an all time low…

Misty reaches down and grabs the sledgehammer.  She looks at the headstone furiously, pulls the sledgehammer back and then swings!  The sledgehammer collides with the headstone, cracking it, but  not breaking it.  She swings again, using all her strength, and Roxanne’s headstone finally breaks into two pieces.  One of the pieces falls to the ground.  She throws the sledgehammer down to the ground, and picks up the shovel.

Misty: Time to see just what you buried here.  It’s gonna be one long night.

Misty then takes the shovel and slams it into the ground, scooping up a large piece of the ground and tosses it to the side.

**Several Hours Later…

A large mound of dirt sits to the side of Roxanne’s grave.  Every minute or so, another shovel full of dirt comes flying upward.  The camera looks into the now open grave as Misty continues digging her way down.  She stops briefly to look up, as an eerie feeling suddenly overtakes her.  She makes sure no one is around, before she gets back to the task at hand, wiping away the sweat from her forehead.

It takes about another hour, and another couple of feet of dirt, but Misty finally reaches her destination.  The tip of the shovel makes a loud *CLINK* as it collides with the concrete vault that holds Roxanne’s casket.

Misty: Jackpot…

She reaches up, grabbing her flashlight and sledgehammer, and then she clears the remaining dirt from off the top of the vault.  Misty leans against the ground around her, taking a breather to regain her composure a bit.  She’s covered in dirt, obviously, but she doesn’t care.  She lets the adrenaline fuel her need for answers.

Misty: Okay, now the hard part…

Misty takes the sledgehammer and begins hitting the side of the lid with it.  It takes all of her strength and energy, but she manages to move it enough, and it goes crashing to the ground next to the vault itself.  Inside the vault sits a dark colored casket.  She studies it, running her hand along it, as she keeps a hold of the sledgehammer.

Misty: It’s now or never, Misty…Let’s see what dear old Roxie buried here, because obviously, it wasn’t her disease infested body.

Misty raises the sledgehammer high above her head, takes in a deep breath, and then brings it crashing down.  The lid to the casket shatters, and the sledgehammer crashes through it, sending a cloud of dirt and debris up into Misty’s face.  She coughs and drops the sledgehammer to the ground, reaching for her flashlight and clearing the dirt and dust from her eyes.  She shines the light into the casket and laughs at what she sees.

Misty: Why am I not surprised?

Misty reaches her hand inside and pulls out…a brick!  One of several, in fact.  She pulls out brick after brick, throwing them to the ground in frustration.  She collapses to the ground from exhaustion after removing about ten bricks, and buries her head in her hands.

Misty: You evil…selfish…heartless maggot infested bitch!  I’m going to make you bed for me to end you…to put you out of your misery.  I’m going to—

There is someone watching behind you…

Misty suddenly darts her head upward as she hears the cracking of a twig under someone’s foot.  She stands up and climbs out of the grave, the flashlight in her hand.

Turn around, look at me…

She spins around, and heading towards her are five cloaked figures.  Four are noticeably larger in height and build over the smaller and more petite looking figure directly in front of them.  They are all walking slowly towards her, and she stumbles back, tripping over the headstone in the process.

Misty: Oh shit!

She’s quick to regain her footing as she makes a run for her rental car.  The five figures walking towards her stop directly over the open grave just as Misty jumps into her rental car and starts the engine.  She speeds off towards the entrance to the cemetery as the five figures look in her direction.  Misty looks in her rearview mirror just in time to see that Roxanne’s grave is completely engulfed in flames, and the five figures have vanished!  She quickly opens the gate, getting back into her rental just as quickly, and she speeds off down the road.

**A short while later..**

Misty sneaks into the hotel she is staying at, trying to avoid any overnight personnel that may be watching.  If anyone were to see her, she would draw attention to the fact that she is covered in dirt and sweat from head to toe.  News would travel quickly in the morning over a grave being desecrated, she was sure, but she would worry about that later.  What she needed now was a nice hot shower.

Immediately after walking in to her hotel room, she heads straight for the bathroom.  The sound of the shower running is heard, and Misty is in there a good thirty minutes before she walks out.  Her hair is wrapped up in a towel, and she has on her robe that she brought along with her.  Just as she is about to head to the bed and get some sleep, there is a knock on the door.  She looks towards the door, a little confused, but walks to it anyway.

Misty: Who it it??

She gets no response as she approaches the door, and looks through the peephole.  There is no one there.

Misty: I’m so exhausted I’m apparently imagining things now.

She is about to walk away, but once again, there is a knock on the door.  She rolls her eyes, turns around and opens the door, to find an empty hallway.  When she takes a step out, she hits her foot on something on the ground.  When Misty looks down, she is horrified at what she sees.  She reaches down and picks up a brick, but not just any brick.  This is one of the bricks she took out of Roxanne’s casket just a little while ago.  She looks at it, but it is what is attached to the bottom of the brick that truly confuses her…even almost terrifying her.  

Misty turns the brick over to find a photograph of Roxanne glued to it.  She drops the brick, just barely missing her bare foot, and she looks down both directions of the hallway, but all is quiet.  She grabs the brick and disappears back inside her room.

Just as her door closes, the door across the hall opens, revealing one of the cloaked figures from earlier.  The other four are standing directly behind him/her, looking towards Misty’s room.

”Sunday is the day.  The day I’ve been waiting months, if not years, to happen.  Sunday at Climax Control, I finally get my hands on Roxanne…or around her neck.  It doesn’t matter, because you get my point.  Roxanne is nothing but a thorn in my side, and I don’t have to wait much longer to take her out once and for all.”

The scene opens up inside of a basement, but not that of a residential basement.  No, this one is a larger basement, where the inner workings of a business take place.  This is the basement of the Firestone Fieldhouse in Malibu, California.

”You all must be wondering what I’m doing in this dark, damp and dreary basement that lays beneath the venue for this week’s Climax Control.  What has brought me to this place, when on Sunday, I will be facing Roxanne one-on-one upstairs in the six-sided ring?  The answer is simple, really.  Weapons.”

The camera focuses on a large bag Misty holds in her hand as she walks around the basement, slowly and with a purpose.

”You see, this match on Sunday is not just any match, as I’m sure you’re all aware of, or you should be by now.  This match is a hardcore rules match, and that means I get to have some fun.  I get to have a whole hell of a lot of fun.  I’ll get to enjoy beating Roxanne bloody, and the referee can’t do anything about it.  Oh, the things I’m going to do to that woman.”

An eerie chuckle is heard coming from Misty as she stops just outside a door labeled “Janitor’s Closet”, and she looks toward the camera with a smile.

”I plan to take full advantage of this hardcore rules match, so I’ve come down to this basement to find the perfect weapons to use against dear old Roxie.  I’ve already collected a few things that I may or may not use against her, but it’s all just standard stuff really.  Let’s see, I’ve got some rope, a chain, and, oooh…something Roxanne will enjoy I’m sure.  A nice shiny pair of handcuffs.  I bet that excites you, doesn’t it Roxanne?”

Misty holds the handcuffs up in front of the camera briefly before dropping them back in the bag, and she turns back to the janitor’s closet.

”Let’s see what I can find in here, shall we?  There must be plenty of useful items that are bound to cause some serious pain, right?”

Misty opens the door and walks in to the darkened room.  She searches for anything she could possibly use as a weapon.  There is a wide assortment of things, but Misty is being very indecisive it seems.

”Hmmm, what should I take?!  I mean, I could use any number of things in here.  There are just so many cleaners to choose from that could be very painful.  Such as this…”

Misty grabs a bottle of bleach, studying it for a minute.

”It’s no secret what bleach can do when it comes in contact with human flesh if it hasn’t been diluted properly.  It burns, and it causes a lot of pain.  Over the years I’ve heard of several unprovoked attacks throughout the United States where a person randomly, and for no apparent reason, just poured bleach all over an innocent bystander.  The victims were severely burned and disfigured for life, but is it something that I personally want to use against Roxanne?”

Misty shakes her head and places the bottle back on the shelf.

”Tempting thought, disfiguring Roxanne, but I think I’ll pass.  My soul focus in this match is to draw blood, and lots of it, so bleach just won’t do.  I could use the typical, and predictable items such as brooms, mops, buckets.  Those sorts of things, but I don’t know if I really want to seem predictable, right?  Something unpredictable would be doing this…”

Misty takes a nearby broom, and breaks the wooden handle over her knee.  She holds the broken ends up, and stares at the now sharpened edges with a sick smile on her face.

”Now I’ve taken an object so trivial and useless as an ordinary broom and turned it into something more...dangerous.  This could cause some serious pain now, so I’ll just toss it into my bag here and see what else I can find.  Oooh, hey, can’t have a broom without a dustpan now can we?  And this is an old school one made of metal.  Metal always makes someone bleed, so I’ll borrow this as well.”

Misty places the metal dustpan in the bag as she continues to look around.  An evil smile grows on her face as she spots something much more perfect.  Just ahead on another shelf, sits the janitor’s toolbox.

”Now this is just calling out my name!  Any variety of tools in this thing would be perfect to cause some pain and suffering.  Let’s see what the janitor has in here.”

Misty places her bag of weapons down and opens the toolbox.  Her face lights up like that of a child in a candy store as she rummages through the toolbox, pulling out several items.

”Oh these are perfect.  We have a hammer, some wrenches and a chisel.  A chisel is good, don’t you all think?  Like I care what you people think anyway.  I’m going to make Roxanne suffer, and a chisel is pointy…sharp and dangerous.  Perfect weapon.”

Misty lifts her head up briefly, looking over to another section in the room.  It is obviously the plumbing section, as she sees various bathroom cleaners, plungers and the like.  But what she takes an interest in is a box full of various sized steel pipes.  

”Now I have to take a couple of these!  I mean, one whack to the head with a steal pipe is bound to knock her out, right?  If not, it’ll definitely knock her silly for a while and allow me to dominate the bitch.  Not that I won’t already be dominating the match, though I’m sure Roxanne will tell you all that I don’t stand a chance.  She’ll try and tell you all that she’s much more dangerous than I have ever been, but I plan to prove her wrong this Sunday.  Roxanne caused all this.  She sealed her own fate at Into The Void when she threw me into a burning dumpster for a second time.  That alone was reason enough to make her pay.  But what she did last week…that is the reason that I’m going to make her suffer.  She attacked me a second time, only this time, it cost me the Bombshell Title and put the title in the hands of Brooklyn Carter.”

Misty looks directly into the camera, taking a break from collecting weapons.

”I was confused at first because Roxanne had the opportunity to cost me the title at Into The Void.  She could helped Vixen take the title away from me, but she chose BROOKLYN CARTER?!  I didn’t understand it at first, but I do now.  Roxanne chose to cost me the title when I was facing Brooklyn Carter, because she knew that losing to Brooklyn would be a real embarrassment for me.  Roxanne knew that I couldn’t stand the thought of Brooklyn being the Bombshell Champion, so she enlisted the help of Electra Blaze, and screwed me over.  Am I embarrassed?  No, not really, because deep down, I know had Roxanne not interfered, Brooklyn wouldn’t have won.  I was just moments away from pinning Brooklyn when everything went down, and Brooklyn knows it.”

The look on Misty’s face is relatively calm, under the circumstances.

”I bet everyone expected me to demand a rematch against Brooklyn after what happened, but I went a different route.  I’ll get my rematch eventually, I promise you that, but I’m not worried about MY Bombshell Title right now.  I’m more focused on showing the SCW fans what a REAL match is like.  I’m going to show them just who they should all pay to see as the Bombshell Champion, because Sunday, they’ll be paying more attention to me and Roxanne, than to Brooklyn Carter, should she decide to show up.  No one will give two shits about what Brooklyn has to say.  They’ll be waiting to see the bloodbath that will be Misty versus Roxanne.  Everyone knows it.

Misty slings the bag over her shoulder gently as she heads for the door.

”This match will be brutal.  A part of me is hoping that the violence the fans witness on Sunday matches, if not beats, the battle between ‘Hot Stuff’ Mark Ward and Kain just a couple months back at London Brawling, but even I admit that will be hard to do.  If it were a street fight, I might be able to match that, but a hardcore rules match will do.  At least this match will be known as the second most amazing match in SCW history, and I’m sure it will beat out anything we’ve had on the Bombshell roster so far.  Just the amount of hatred that Roxanne and I share towards each other is proof of that.  We want to make each other suffer, and I can assure you, we both will.  Though Roxanne will suffer more than I will.  I know what to expect from her, and I’m ready for it.  I’m ready and willing to take whatever hell Roxanne unleashes on me, but I don’t think she’s ready for what is in store for her.  She’s underestimating me.  She thinks that all the shit she caused the last couple of months has broken me…that it’s made me afraid, but it actually had the opposite effect.  It lit a fire under me, and that fire will not go out until I hear her pain…until I hear her suffer.  Do you hear me Roxanne?”

Misty looks directly into the camera, her nostrils flaring and a fiery look in her eyes.

”Don’t you think for ONE second Roxanne that I’m going to let you win this one.  Don’t make the mistake of underestimating me anymore than you already have, because once that bell rings, all bets are off.  I’m not looking for a quick victory with this one.  No, I’m going to make this match last as long as I possibly can, because I can’t be punished for what I’m going to do to you.  You came back from the dead, but after I’m through with you, you will be as good as dead.  Your time in Sin City Wrestling will be a short-lived one.”

Misty walks to the door, and grabs a hold of the handle.  She turns and looks at the camera one last time.

”When all is said and done, Roxanne, only one of us will be left standing.  And you’re looking at her!”

Misty then walks out of the room, slamming the door behind her and the scene fades out.
>