Author Topic: Asterisk the Eleventh: Serenity Now!  (Read 302 times)

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
Asterisk the Eleventh: Serenity Now!
« on: November 28, 2014, 11:56:43 PM »
 S|C|E|N|E| 001

AFTER CLIMAX CONTROL 99 ••
BACKSTAGE

Cameraman: So, Mercedes, how do you explain what just went out there tonight?

Mercedes: What do you want, a PowerPoint presentation? What happened out there tonight was a travesty, but you know what, it's not the end of the world. Becaise even when we lose, we still win. The Mean Girls still have two titles in our camp. Tonight was a little mishap, a hiccup, a step back, you might even call it a setback. You take the bad with the good. And the good news is we no longer have to babysit Joanne Canelli. Goodbye and good riddance, I say. We're done with her.

Cameraman: And what about the Metal and Punk Connection making history tonight? You pretty much had a lot to do with the outcome of the match.

Mercedes: It was an accident, okay? Wasn't how we planned it, but Veronica is probably over this. As far as Jessie and Amy goes, the Metal and Punk Connection? They're pushovers. We know it, they know it, the fans know it, the Fallen know it. We can take back those tag titles any time we want, and we will, provided Raynin and Gothika doesn't get to them first. You wait and see, Mister Cameraman. You wait and see. Did you see the waterworks when they won?

Cameraman: Yes, I did.

Mercedes: I mean, wow. You would think they just won an Oscar or something.

Cameraman: It was an emotional moment for them.

Mercedes: Of course it was. And if I got two tag title matches in a two week span, I'd be crying too. Now, Amy and Jessie may have made history tonight as three-time tag team champions individually, but they're two-time tag team champions as a team. You know who did that first?

Mercedes points to herself.

Mercedes: Me. You know who they're following? Me. You know who they're looking up to? Me. They may have made history tonight, but their reign will be remembered as nothing more but a passing fancy. If Delia and I weren't already tied up with singles gold, trust me, it wouldn't take us long to take back what's rightfullly ours. As a matter of fact, all it takes is any two Mean Girls to challenge them and take back what's rightfully ours. So, looking back at tonight, the Fallen or the Mean Girls? Seems to me as if the MPC finds themselves between a rock and a hard place, wouldn't you say?

~ ~ ~

S|C|E|N|E| 002
[ Y O U | C A N ' T | S T O P  | T H E | R E I G N]

[REC•]

Scene opens on a close-up shot of the SCW Bombshell Roulette Championship. As we slowly zoom out, we see that the title is displayed proudly on the shoulders of Mercedes as she traces her hands around the center plate before the camera meets her gaze. She wants to say something, but the words just isn't coming to her, so she takes a moment to gather her thoughts.

"GOD DAMN! SCW Management keeps throwing them at me. First it was Necra Octavian Kane, then Cynthia Warren, then Zuri Chastain. I beat them all. I went through extremes. Prison Chamber. Strap match. Last Bombshell Standing. First Blood. Hell in a Cell. What more do I have to do to prove that this reign will not end? When Veronica complained about an opponent she felt was beneath her or when Delia felt that a title defense was a waste of her time, I always told them to look on the bright side, that it was just one more opportunity to prove that we're that damn good. This Sunday will be one more opportunity to prove that I'M THAT DAMN GOOD. This is just one more title defense that I just need to get by, and I will. This is just one more match against two opponents I've already beaten. This Sunday, it's just another match against the likes of Traci Patterson and “Lady Justice” Zuri Chastain.

Mercedes throws her hair back laughing before she cuts herself off and faces the camera with a sincere look, but now speaking in a whimsical voice.

"Zuri, I must say, you are that lucky. Lucky that you still have a pulse. Lucky that you are able to wrestle again this weekend after we tore down the house at the supershow. Most of all, you should be lucky that you're still able to grasp the English language after I put you through a table with the Black Rose Overdrive. Yes, you are one tough bitch to put down. But Sunday, you're going to wish you stayed down. You're going to wish that you never decided to get involved with me again. Who the hell are you to step up to me? Haven't had enough yet? You want to be a glutton for punishment? After the hell we put each other through at High Stakes IV, you still think you can beat me for this? If at first you don't succeed, right?"

Mercedes look at her title, then back at the camera, shaking her head in disappointment, It wasn't that she wasn't planning on winning, she wasn't, but given the benefit of the doubt, the outcome from High Stakes could have gone either way. Fortune smiled upon Mercedes that night. How long it would last was the bigger concern, not just for her, but for the Mean Girls as well, now with two less titles after last week's show."

"At High Stakes IV, the Mean Girls proved once and for all and finally put to bed and put to rest that we are, without a shadow of a doubt, THE greastest stable in the history of Sin City Wrestling. Maybe I can put this into words you can understand. WE...RUN...THIS...TOWN! You wanted the match at High Stakes, SCW gave it to you. I told you becareful what you wish for, and you got your deathwish. I said that there would be no excuses, no matter who left New York with the title. I had no excuses, but you're so stubborn that you still have to prove to me and the world and to yourself that you just aren't going to take this defeat lying down, so if dropping you on your head through a table isn't going to convince you that you aren't worthy to face me, imagine what I'm going to do to you this time. I can promise you that three matches in one night isn't going be enough."

Mercedes smiles a bit and begins rubbing her palms together in anticipation. Just how far was she willing to go to defeat Zuri for a second time? Whatever it takes. Roulette Rules be damned.

"I'm getting sick and tired of this! I'm getting sick and tired of you, Zuri. And I'm sure you would say the same about me. This has been going on for way too long. For five long, grueling months, we've thrown everything at each other. Verbal, physical, mental, and no one seems satisified with the outcome. So this Sunday, Zuri, this is your last chance at the saloon. One of us has to move on. I like to think that you'll be the one having to move on. Because the only way you'll beat me for this..."

She holds it up her title in front of the camera, looking at the gold while pointing at it with her free hand and nodding, then looks back into the camera.

"is by prying it away from my cold dead hands.”

Placing her title back over her shoulder, Mercedes pauses for effect.

"Who knows, you may not even have to kill me...”

Mercedes chuckles a little as she runs a hand through her hair.

"But you're going to have to come pretty damn close.”

~ ~ ~

S|C|E|N|E| 003
[ Y O U | C A N ' T | S T O P  | T H E | R E I G N, PART ii]

[REC•]

"People are saying that the Bombshells division isn't what it use to be, and they couldn't be more right. It's not, at least before the Mean Girls took over. The division was on life support, and SCW should have just pulled the plug right then and there, but thanks to Delia, Veronica, and I, the division is seeing better days, the ratings are going through the roof, and merch sales are at its highest in months, let alone years. Doesn't stop people from putting the blame on the state of the division lately squarely on us. Not true, not true at all. If you really want play the blame game, how about you start with Vixen Staggs. Blame Amy Marshall and Jessie Salco. Blame Necra Octavian Kane. Those are the people you should be pointing fingers at for being the sorry excuses for champions they were. Blame Roxi Johnson for continuing to offer hope and change and her brand of vanilla-coated optimism only to fail all of you again and again. But if there is anyone who should be at fault, if there is anyone who should be shouldering the blame, this is all on Misty."

Mercedes couldn't continue on without shaking her head. It was a surreal five days after Misty seemingly decided to walk away from SCW, for a little while or for the last time, Mercedes didn't know. She certainly didn't see it coming. No one could have. She changes the subject.

"Veronica gets so much flak that she doesn't deserve. At High Stakes IV, she allowed her new tag partner to get the pinfall so they could retain the tag titles. When her last tag partner up and left, you know, the one with the concussion who then got all better and forgot SCW existed before signing with another company? Veronica carried both sets of the tag titles by herself. SCW Management could have allowed her to defend those titles by her lonesome just to spite her, or she could have allowed myself or Delia or any one of the Mean Girls to be her new partner. Nope. Management had better ideas. So what do they do? They used a tried and true method of having a battle royal to determine Vero's new partner. Hey, if it worked out for Misty and Vixen, surely it could work for Veronica.

"So they threw in seven Bombshells and told them to go crazy, and the winner gets to be Veronica's partner. As expected, not a lot of people were happy with this, Mean Girls included. And Veronica sat there with Bindy and Jason and wasted the six to ten minutes of her life that she'll never get back and watched with shock and horror as Joanne Canelli won the match. And the rest, as they say, is history. I don't care what anyone else says, Veronica, the 2014 SCW Most Immproved of the Year, did all the work. That night at High Stakes, she could have pinned Cynthia Warren and be done with it, but she was nice enough to allow Joanne to get the pinfall. What kind of tag partner would do that?"

Mercedes frowns, at a loss for words.

“But it's all over now. Everyone saw and the record book will show – technically – that it was Jessie Salco who pinned Veronica. But everyone knows who REALLY ended our ten week monopoly over every female championship SCW had to offer."

Mercedes pauses.

“JOANNE CANELLI.”

She raises an skeptical eyebrow.

“Wait, you didn't...you didn't think I would admit having anything to do with it, did you? Try again.

“Veronica Taylor was the SCW Bombshell Tag Team Champions. Plural. Joanne was just here for the ride. She was a tag-along. An extra. She was there only to be seen and not heard. All of that is just code for her being Veronica's [/i]belt bitch[/i]. In all honesty, we really should be holding four belts because I refuse to recognize Joanne Canelli as one-half of the tag team champions. I don't care if she's able to move mountains! Let's face it, any one of those Jealous Janis could have won that battle royal. Joanne should be thanking her lucky stars, and thanking US, that she even held a belt in the first place, because really? After her first tag title run with Emma Rose came to an end at My Bloody Valentine – due to me  and Traci beating them – it's about the closest she would get her hands on any Bombshell title.”

"Joanne Canelli was too petty, vain and selfish to help her own tag partner, and that's why she failed to help Veronica retain the tag titles and why they are no longer with the Mean Girls, but she didn't help herself either because the Daughters of Darkness no longer have a title themselves. Her jealousy is why she allowed Veronica to get pinned. This brings back so many memories of my own tag team run with Traci Patterson. And that's why the match we have Sunday gets better. Because I get to take out two birds with one stone. Not only do I get Zuri, but I also get Traci who's been at the mouth lately, putting the blame on me for costing her a Bombshell Championship title match back on October 5 in Killean, Texas at Climax Control 95. Sweetheart, you never stood a chance in that triple threat even if I stayed in the back, so the fact that you're pointing your finger at ME for YOU failing to get the job done just sounds a lot like sour grapes. But you know what I think this is? This isn't about some silly title match."

"You're jealous of me. No, no. Don't deny it, sweetheart. I can see it in your eyes. You know deep down that when I carried you to tag team gold not once, but twice, you were always the jealous one. Like Canelli did to Veronica, you sold me down the river. You didn't care that our first reign ended when you allowed Rock Rose to end my unpinned/unsubmitted streak at Blaze of Glory III. You didn't care that we lost the rematch nearly a month later at Climax Control 81 when you got pinned. You didn't care that the Freakettes, both Felony Fontana and Rock Rose, were just bumps on a log holding on to those tag titles for two months doing absolutely fuck all. We were lucky to even have a second reign, but you didn't care when I was blindsided and attacked by the Chastain Twins two weeks before our title defense. Where the hell were you that night, Traci? WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU?! And you damn sure didn't care when our second reign ended at Into the Void III – deja vu all over again. You knew that you couldn't face me and accept the fact that you were always the weak link. I'm just one person, I can't win tag matches by myself, but I can't lose them either. Thanks to you, I didn't have to. It was YOUR fault why our reign ended."

Mercedes goes quiet for a moment as she lowers her head. She lets out a sigh before raising her head again.

"So, if there's anyone who should be pointing fingers here, it's me. If anyone should be deserving the blame, it's me, for having to put up with the greatest waste of space on the roster. But see, I've moved on to bigger and better things while you were barely getting booked. Yeah, I saw how you won your last match just like I did, good for you. You beat Angelia Corazon at High Stakes, but we both know she's no comparison to who you're stepping in the ring with come Sunday. Like Zuri, you couldn't live with the fact of losing to me. I already own two pinfall victories over you, with this championship on the line, might I add, so am I supposed to be scared that you'll be out for blood at Climax Control 100? Nope. Because you'll have 100 reasons why you made a big mistake. 100 excuses why things didn't go your way. 100 lies to help you feel feel better about yourself."

Mercedes couldn't even continue without adding a condescending smirk.

"Now what's that saying, never let the facts get in the way of a good story? Yeah, that's it. Thing is, we all know how this story ends. Really doesn't matter what match we'll be in come Sunday, I'm walking out of this match with this title, whether you like it or not. That's not an opinion, that's not bragging, that's not a threat, that's not a promise or guarantee. That is a FACT!  And come Sunday, the FACT is, neither one of you stand a chance. No, don't try to persuade me, you both know it's the truth, even though you'll deny it, and say it isn't so. You'll say I'm wrong with your mouths, but your eyes says something else. Like they say, you can't argue with facts, and Sunday in Vegas, there will be no argument who's walking away with their hand raised."

"Let's face it, even Zuri knows you don't have a prayer of winning this match. So, I guess this so-called triple threat match – depending on what mystery Roulette Rules stip we get that night – is really going to be the rematch between her and me. Oh, sure, you'll get your hits in, you'll make this match at least competitive because I know you wouldn't want to miss out on getting your sweet revenge on the former tag partner who snatched away your chance at being SCW's golden girl. You're not going to stand there and do nothing, it's hard for you not to get noticed when you're the fifth tallest Bombshell on the roster. Get in where you fit in, right?"

She shrugs.

"It's a jungle out there, the Bombshells Division. It's kill or be killed. Fight or flight. Adapt or perish. There are two kinds of people in this jungle – the hunter and the hunty, scratching and clawing and fighting their way to the top, a game of survival for all. Some don't make it, others fall at the wayside, but for those who are determined, when they finally reach their goal, what lies before them sitting at a table is the top of the food chain – the Mean Girls. So I ask you this, Traci. Are you a survivor, or a victim? Guess we'll find out this Sunday in Las Vegas."

Fade.

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)