Author Topic: RYAN KEYS v JT MIDAS v SAMUEL DEVEREUX  (Read 1077 times)

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
RYAN KEYS v JT MIDAS v SAMUEL DEVEREUX
« on: November 06, 2016, 09:22:28 PM »
 Post all RPs for this match here.

First RP Period Deadline:
United States:
11:59pm EST Saturday 11/12/2016
England: 04:59am Sunday 11/13/2016
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 09:30:56 PM by Christian Underwood »

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline Ryan Keys

• View Profile
    • Ryan Keys
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 10:21:47 PM »
 Ryan Keys stood backstage in the Galen Center arena a week early. He had been enjoying his time in California so far and was at peace despite his fall off the SCW top.At least he was at the top for a while. Perhaps he was going about this all wrong. It wasn’t all about the crowd. Each time he had come down to that ring they have cheered him on, but as soon as he fell they were gone. All that build up was for nothing. Perhaps this warped reality everyone has been mentioning was affecting him. But that was a topic for another time. Right now his career was in the balance in a high stakes match.

This was another match that he had been waiting for. He was prepared to step up and deliver on what he has been talking about time and time again, on why he’s SCW future star. If only that was easier said than done. The odds weren’t in his favor in this high stakes match. A triple threat meant there was an uneven change of someone getting the win not by their own means. Ryan was aware of this, it has happened before. But this time he would make sure both opponents were down before he ended it. There was no stealing this win from under him, not again.

He calmly walked across the empty hallways with a slight smile as he looked forward towards the camera.

Ryan Keys: “You know it’s starting to feel like a tradition to visit the next arena a few days in advance. It helps me get a better picture of what it is that I am facing, where it is that I am performing and how big of an impression do I have to make.  And every time I feel like I have delivered on that. But there is always this outside source that just takes it away. All that preparation for nothing. But last week was different. Last week I had a decent match. I gave what I had at the time and a bit more  of what I didn’t to get the win off of Kris Halc, but that wasn’t enough. It made me think about what it is that I am lacking. It can’t be that simple, can it?”

“Yet last week I did give my best against a former champion and that high is still fresh on my mind. It make me anxious to get back into the ring when I recall that night. That high was can’t simply be forgotten. But this week I am falling down like a shooting star and crashing down to the land harshly.  A triple threat match is placed in front of me and in this game of skill and performance gets changed in favor of those that sit and wait. But lets test that theory, shall we?”

He said with a  questionable look as he thought about the odds he had in this match.

Ryan Keys: “This week I face two people that I on record should be able to beat. I am talking about Samuel Devereux and JT Midas. Both strong in their own way and skilled far beyond the normal.But no matter how good you are the odds in this match are hardly in your favor. So I refuse to accept that any of these two men would be an exception to this theory. But what I can accept is that they couldn’t be more than perfect examples on how uneven odd can change things. “

“Now I don’t know my odd exactly, but I am aware that my opponents might be thinking the same. So let's put the negativity aside. Because I plan to deliver this week. Whether this is the biggest match that I would have this month or the worst is completely out of my hands. Either way, I am not holding myself back. I never have. At High Stakes VI you’ll see the best that Ryan Keys can do, whether that means that I dominate the match and deliver the finishing blow, or wait it out to capitalize off of someone momentum is still up in the air. But one thing is for sure, I won’t accept any handout in this match. I’ve seen what my opponents can do, and I want them to deliver.”

“After all in a way, we do have quite a lot of similarities. We are all strong when it comes to dominating the match. I know from experience that Samuel Devereux is strong, cunning and skillful in ways that you can’t expect. A man that if you don’t watch out for you are in for a rough night. But no matter how rough that night gets I know for a fact that I have endured it all before. More than once I might add. Can’t say that it gets easier over time, Samuel hurts. If there was ever a time to be thankful for the week off after a huge PPV here on SCW it would be after you get done having a match against the one and only Samuel Devereux. This I can’t say the same for anyone else. “

“ Samuel has been one of few that have actually taken me seriously and that alone is fuel enough for me to do what is is that I do best, not matter the odds. He keeps me focused in the match, but I won’t let my guard down around him. If this match were to come to us both we would go hours just kickin’ each others ass because that is how we fight. And we are really good at it.”

Ryan squared himself up to the camera a little, looking determined to make every single one of his words heard.

Ryan Keys: “But let's not forget about JT Midas. Now I won’t lie to anyone when I say that I have been backstage watching this guy's matches, and I have to say that I am impressed. That is not easily done. So for that reason alone I know that underestimating you is the last thing I want to do. I know what he can do, and don’t know of what else he can bring, but one thing is for sure, I am not going to stand around to wait for him to get me into a submission. Even if I can bend my body in a number of way it still hurts. Though it won’t make me submit.”

“And yes you can argue that I haven’t gone head to head with Midas like I have with Samuel, but I have taken on other submission machines before. All bigger and even more frightening that Midas, but that is all I have as a reference. I can sit down and watch all his matches, past and present but I have all week to do that. I usually don’t look up info about the other opponent that I haven't faced myself, but this occasion calls for it. After all, I am unknown to many myself. Even if I have taken on some big names, but that matter very little. In this match the odds have changed.”

He shook that off and spoke up after just a few seconds of silence.

Ryan Keys: “But that is still to be tested. I can say all I want after I win the match somehow this sunday.  I am faced with two multi champions in their own right trying to get up in the business. So a fight to get one step closer has been created. A high stakes triple threat match that can go either way in the eyes of many, but in mine I know know how well I am going to do. I always give my best no matter what. whether I am doing it for the crowd or my pride there is no stopping me until that bell dings the match to be over.”

“This is my passion, determination, technical prowess and hey, even if I have been falling lately, no one can really say that I have made any match an easy one. I keep everyone on edge, in a good way. I do my best in the ring and that won’t change soon enough. I have gotten this far on sheer will and fight. And that is exactly what I am going to do.”

Ryan looked around to where the crowd would be during his match and was feeling a bit troubled. This wasn't an easy feeling for him.

Ryan Keys: "This is a high stakes match. And I am gambling for a win."
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 10:30:16 AM by Ryan Keys »
user posted image[/center …]

Offline Ryan Keys

• View Profile
    • Ryan Keys
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 10:26:53 PM »
  “Rockbottom”

The place was nothing but a dingy sweatbox crammed with guys eager to forget themselves. Thirsty for blood. Starving for it. A dead end place where the lowest of the low came to entertain themselves with violence and gambling, where dirty money was thrown left and right while they placed their bets.

Ryan cracks his knuckles and paces the ring, jaw set, focused on the man opposite, tracking him. He squints and sweats in the spotlights. Cheering comes from all around them, Spanish and English, filling his head, raising his pulse. An empty beer can rolls out across the mat and he kicks it away.

The other guy is big. Over 6 5” for sure and wide. But big like that means slow and stupid. Means easy. Ryan’s not worried.

The bell clangs and Ryan lets the big guy unload on him for a few seconds, a barrage of inexperienced punches crashing down on his raised forearms. Frenzied. Ryan waits for the guy to tire just a little and kicks out at his left knee, bringing him to the ground with a meaty thump.

The crowd yells its dissatisfaction. They don’t want it over like this. Not so soon.

Ryan lets the guy up, wobbling on his right leg now. Lets him swing a massive fist and Ryan ducks swiftly under it, stepping back.

“Come on big guy.”, he taunts, fists barely raised. “At least try?”

The guy snarls like a wounded beast and lunges at Ryan, pushing him back into the post and knocking the air from his lungs. He coughs against the guy’s shoulder, sucking in a stinging breath and bracing himself on the ropes. He shoves his knee into the guy’s stomach, feels it swallowed momentarily by fat and the guy falls away from him, landing heavily on his back.

Ryan massages his sternum and watches the guy struggle up, breathing like he’s just run a mile, sweat pouring over his face and down his neck.

He lunges again and Ryan side steps him, catching a little of the force on his right shoulder and spinning to face the guy’s rebound from the ropes. Ryan kicks up high and catches him square under the chin and it’s lights out before he hits the ground.

The guy won’t be getting up anytime soon. He counts that as a good night’s work and bows out, ribs still aching. He hops down from the ropes and feels hands slapping at his back, roughing up his hair.

In the corridor away from the noise and heat of the ring, his mind quiets. He stretches his arms over his head and rolls his neck as he walks, feeling the adrenaline of the fight draining away and leaving a sore empty ache in its place.

He goes to the usual office to collect his pay, wanting a shower and the smell of the big guy’s sweat off him. The gym owner, a guy with too many dumb addictions and too few brain cells for Ryan to ever call him friend, sits with his feet propped up on his desk, a cigarette dangling from his lip. Security camera monitors flicker dimly in front of him, the light reflecting and glinting off the chains at his throat. He tears his eyes away and looks up.

“Hey, Ryan, that was a good fight. Ended a little too soon, but I ain’t complainin’. You always get the job done, right?” Boston accent. A little drunk.

“Danny I came for my money, not a pep talk.’”Ryan holds out his hand, hating the smoke that hangs in the room like a stale fog and fights to keep eye contact.

Danny looks at him for a moment and then smiles, taking the burning cigarette from his mouth and placing it carefully in an ashtray to his left. He pulls his feet from the desk top and pushes his chair back.“Of course. Of course you want your money. Always the business man,” he rifles in the desk drawer and Ryan can’t help but think he’s making a god damn show of it.

“See, thing is, Ryan,would you sit for Christ’s sake-”

“No thanks.’

“You’re making me nervous, standing there like that.”

“I just came for my pay, nothing else. Just wanna go home.”Ryan stares him down,blue eyes hard, hand still outstretched. He motions hurry up with his fingers.

“Look. I gotta tell you. You’re too good for these guys, okay? You don’t even give ‘em a chance-”

“Danny.” Ryan warns, something in the pit of his stomach telling him this is about to go bad somehow. Danny closes the desk drawer, cash clenched in his fist.

“This is all I can do, okay?”

He hands over the money and Ryan can see his hands shaking, marks where his yellowed fingernails have bitten into his palm. Ryan looks at the money for a few seconds, and then up at Danny. Now his stomach is sinking down through his gut.

“This is thirty dollars.”

“Yeah. It is.”

“It’s not even half. Where’s the rest of it?”

“Like I said, that’s all I can do.”He takes a stressed drag on his cigarette, maybe just to have something to do with his hands.Blowing out the foul smog he smiles. “You could always entertain people in the back for somethin’ extra. Can think of a few people that would pay for you.”

“Are you fucking with me?” Ryan says quietly, gaze not wavering from Danny’s increasingly pale face. Every word that came out of his mouth made him sick.

“I don’t want no trouble, alright? Things are a little tight right now, that’s all.”

Ryan let out a disbelieving laugh. “This is shit, Danny. How the fuck am I supposed to pay my rent? How the fuck am I gonna eat?”

“I’m sorry man,” and he looked it. “You’re just not bringin’ in enough money anymore. No one wants to see you tear a guy apart in two fuckin’ seconds. It's not sportin’. Like I said, you’re too good for these guys now.” Another puff of smoke drifts up to join the rest. “Maybe show off a little for the crowd, show some skin. Maybe that will bring in the money.”

Anger sparks up through Ryan’s body like lightning. White hot and sudden. He flings the money back at Danny and it drifts lazily through the air.

“Keep it, you useless piece of shit.” Ryan points a finger at Danny, dead still in the silence and smoke. “You’re lucky I don’t knock your teeth down your throat for this.”[/color]

He can hear Danny calling out to him as the office door crashes shut behind him. Can hear his voice following him down the hall to the changing rooms like a bad smell. Fifty eight steps of peeling green paint and worn lino to the showers. If he can get that far he might make it the rest of the way home without committing murder. He slams the changing room door open and comes to a dead stop.

“Welcome to Fabulous Sin City Wrestling.”

A flyer that he had somehow missed was now staring at him dead in the face. His anger grew mild as his thoughts ran. Anywhere was better than a dead end place like this one. The only problem is, Ryan wasn’t a wrestler. At least, not yet.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Second RP
On Camera
Los Angeles, California
“My Chance”

High Stakes IV, Ryan’s next chance to go up in the ranks has come and he was going to take it. It was going to be an all out match, a high gamble with the promise of a prize still up for debate. Yet no matter what it was it came second compared to what this rising star was thinking about. This was his chance at redemption. A step in the right direction after the spiral of defeat that plagued him for the past weeks. He needed this win, he wants this win. He is going to get this win. And no one was going to stop him.

Ryan looked at himself in the mirror, the look of determination was radiating off of him. This was his chance. Stretching out his arms above his head he loosened his tensed muscles after another long day of training. The gym had become his home for the passed couple of days, not really distracting himself with all the fun California had to offer just yet. He had something to do first.    

“High stakes is in a few days. And I can’t really say that I am not ready. It’s very much the opposite.I’m ecstatic for this Sunday to come. With each passing day I grow even more anxious. This will be my time to come back to where I was, and continue where I left off. It can feel it. It’s going to be one hell of a match, but I can say for sure that I am going to win. I’ve come this far, climbed this high, and I am not going to go back down. Not again, not ever again.”

He was dead serious. Shrugging off the losses he has suffered he can finally look forward to the future.

“I have already said my piece and what I really think of my opponents for this Sunday.  I know that this is going to be a fight like no other, maybe my past can help out here. Because I want to end this as soon as possible so that I can move on to the next, until I can finally say that I have beaten every eligible competitor in my way to becoming someone in this business. And that is something that I can’t pass up.”

His eyes focused to the image of himself in the mirror, and empty space where a title should be was bothering the young future star. In his warped reality he was already a champion, but with no belt to his name. Maybe that could change, soon.

“Samuel devereux, JT Midas, two men that stand in my way in this high stakes game. Both with impressive pasts and triumphs, that have carried them along the way to where they are now. But I am different. A clean slate when it came to being recognized.  A minor whisper of a mention here and there is what I am to most. Yet that isn’t stopping me anytime soon. People will scream my name. And I will be right there  making every right more that will get me that tite opportunity that I have been looking for.”

The road for the SCW Roulette championship was not closed, but a new road might be opening soon by the end of this match. Any championship would be considered for Ryan to challenge after this Sunday. Ant it was only a matter of time until he knew where to go.

“Things are looking up for me, things should be looking up for me. That little spiral down to rock bottom is over for me. It’s time to climb back up and make myself a force to be reckoned with. I have come so close for too many occasions, and that stops now. Now I will go all out and focus in both mind and body to make sure that I win.  Once I do the road in front of me will be clear. Whether I stay going up against the SCW roulette championship, or  I just to a  whole knew path. Either way the name ‘Ryan Keys Is going to get heard. Whether people like it or not.”

Ryan lips changed to an arrogant smirk as in his own warped reality he was already on the other side, with a win under his belt. Any champion should keep a close eye on him. Maybe not now, but soon this young future star will rise up to challenge the strongest in the building. And that champion could be anyone.

“ So call me warped, call me an arrogant psycho. Because at the end of the day it may be true. But truth or now my actions speak louder than words do. So I am going to sit back and see what my opponents have to offer me. After all, it’s a high stakes match. They knew what they were getting themselves into when they accepted  it. And now they should take the consequences if stepping into the ring with the one and only, Ryan keys.”

With a smirk still on his face Ryan slowly walked off of view as his words still lingered around. This Sunday was his comeback, and Ryan will not let that chance fall out of his hands. No matter what happens, Ryan will make sure that he comes out on top.
user posted image[/center …]