Author Topic: Tom Dudely - The Legend Continues  (Read 376 times)

Offline Tom Dudely

• View Profile
    • Wyatt Peterson
Tom Dudely - The Legend Continues
« on: December 07, 2012, 11:23:39 PM »
 “Thou shalt not kill!”

The scene opens up inside or a church. The house is packed this Sunday morning as every pew is full from end to end. Each age group has their own place in the church. In the back, the teenagers are playing on their cell phones. A couple of the boys are making eyes at the girls without much success. In the middle of the church are the families. Middle aged men and women who are just trying to blend in. They only come to church to keep up appearances. Rather than pay attention to the sermon, they spend a majority of their time trying to corral their restless children. In the front of the church is where the old people like to gather. These are the people who have nothing else going in their lives and this is the only place they can get people to look in their direction by dancing to the songs or raising their hands in the air and shouting “AMEN!” This isn’t just your everyday church though. This one is led by former GCW Superstar Richy Dudely. That’s right, Dudely. He’s Tom’s younger brother who has given up wrestling to spread the Dudelyhood faith. Welcome to the First Church of Dudelyville.

Richy: Now, when the good book of Dudelyhood says that you shouldn’t kill, it does not just pertain to the conventional definition of killing. When the good book says that you shouldn’t kill, it means that you shouldn’t harm anyone in anyway. That means that you shouldn’t cause them any mental or physical harm. You need to treat your fellow man as if they were your own blood, with respect. Can I get an Amen?

Congregation: AMEN!

Richy: I said, can I get an AMEN!

Congregation: AMEN!

The door at the back of the church opens and the light from outside only shows a silhouette of the man walking in. Everyone in the church, including Richy, stops to see who would have to audacity of interrupting the sermon. Richy politely calls out to him.

Richy: Excuse me, brother. It does appear that you missed the start of the sermon.

A familiar voice answers back.

Tom: I’m sorry, brother, my flight was a little late.

The door closes and the congregation gasps at the sight of Dudelyville’s prodigal son, Tom Dudely.

Richy: Tom? I wasn’t aware that you were going to be here today.

Tom starts slowly walking down the aisle towards the podium where his brother is standing. He removes his sunglasses and smirks as everyone stares on in shock.

Tom: I didn’t realize that I needed a reservation to come to church.

Richy: That’s not what I…

Tom: It looks like you’ve been doing well. I don’t think I’ve ever seen this place so packed. Hey there, Susan.

Tom winks at a woman who is sitting along the aisle. She starts to blush which seems to upset her husband.

Tom: Don’t worry, James. Susan and I haven’t fooled around in about two years.

There is a collective gasp as everyone’s attention turns towards Susie and James’ five-year-old daughter sitting between the two. James’ gaze is one of pure rage as he looks from Tom to Susan. After a couple of moments, he gets to his feet and storms out of the church. Susan gets to her feet and slaps Tom before grabbing her daughter and rushing after James. Tom laughs as he rubs his face.

Richy: That was uncalled for Tom. I think you should leave.

Tom: You think I should leave. I think I should stay. It appears that we are at an impasse here.

Tom continues walking towards his brother.

Tom: What are you preaching about today?

Richy: Today’s sermon is about the commandment ‘Thou shalt not kill’.

Tom: Oh, yes. I remember that Dudely Commandments. Thou shalt not steal. Thou shalt not kill. And thou shalt not mess with the Dudelys.

Richy: Congratulations. Now, could you please take a seat so I can continue?

Tom reaches the front of the church and walks right up to stand next to Richy at the podium.

Richy: What are you doing?

Tom grabs the microphone from off of the stand and turns his back to Richy.

Tom: The commandments are something that everyone should live by.

Richy: Oh, so you’re just gonna take over today?

Tom ignores him and continues.

Tom: Whether you believe in the Dudelyhood faith or not, these commandments can only lead to a better quality of life. Some people don’t believe it though. Look at “Primetime” Matthew Kennedy. I know, none of you have ever heard of him, but he’s a major violator of the third commandment. A couple of weeks back, he decided to stick his nose, and his protruding British teeth, where they don’t belong. He interrupted my camera time and tried to injure me. That was enough to condemn him to hell as far as the Book of Dudelyhood is concerned.

Richy: Well, thank you for that, Tom. Now if you’ll just let me…

Richy attempts to grab the microphone from Tom but misses as Tom turns to the opposite direction and walks to the other side of the room.

Tom: Unfortunately, the British don’t believe in Dudelyhood. So there is no hell for him. At least… not yet. I have put together a team of the most pure athletes in Sin City Wrestling. We are on a mission to rid the SCW of the cancerous plague of disrespectful punks. We will cleanse SCW of the trash and make the world a better place once again. Guys like Matthew Kennedy, Casey Williams, Aleksei Koji, and Spike Staggs will all be destroyed in the near future.

Richy: So you came all the way to Dudelyville just to interrupt my sermon and cut a promo?

Tom turns to face Richy. Tom shrugs and smirks.

Tom: Of course. Did you actually think I wanted to come here to support you? Please! I’ve supported you for your entire life. I’ve finally rid myself of all of the dead weight in my life and I’m finally doing something productive.

Richy shakes his head.

Richy: Look, Tom, I’m sorry that you feel that way, but that’s your prerogative. This place, though, is mine. Please leave!

The last two words were said with such force that it made Tom take a step back.

Tom: Alright, alright, I’m out of here.

Tom tosses the microphone to Richy who catches it. Tom then starts walking back up the aisle towards the door. An SCW cameraman stands up and follows Tom out of the church.

Richy: Where the heck did the cameraman come from?

Richy just shrugs and turns his attention back to his congregation.

Richy: I’m sorry about the interruption, folks. Where were we?

Richy continues his sermon as the scene fades.

<hr width=50%>

“Hey, turn that damn thing on and point it at me.”

The shaky picture comes to life. A pair of feet wearing black wrestling boots is all that can be seen.

“At my face, you idiot!”

The camera moves up from the boots and points at the face of Tom Dudely.

Tom: Why the hell did I have you hold the camera?

The voice of SCW’s resident stoner, “Stoner” Scott Oliver, comes from behind the camera.

Stoner: Dude, this is awesome! They never let me touch the camera.

Tom: Just hold still and point the camera at my head.

The camera zooms in on Tom’s nose.

Stoner: Dude! You’ve got a boogie!

Tom’s hand shoots to his nose where he wipes away the “boogie”.

Tom: Dammit! Give me the camera!

Tom attempts to take the camera from the Stoner to no avail.

Stoner: I’ve got it, dude. Just do your thing-a-ma-jig.

Tom: Fine!

Tom takes a deep breath before looking into the camera.

Tom: Matthew Kennedy. You don’t know when enough is enough, do you? At High Stakes, I beat you and Rage. You should have just done as you should have and just moved to the back of the line like Rage did. Instead, you decide to continue sticking your nose into Mark, Nick, Jordan and my business. You and your little man servant came out to attack me, you tried to end my career like I’ve done to so many others in my career, but you FAILED! I’m still here Kennedy, and I have your scent in my nose.

The Stoner laughs.

Stoner: He smells like fish and chips.

Tom looks annoyed.

Tom: Seriously, shut the hell up!

Stoner: Sorry.

Tom pinches the bridge of his nose before continuing.

Tom: Anyway, as I was saying before being interrupted, you’re on my list Kennedy, and that’s a place that nobody wants to be. I’m going to put you out of my misery very, very soon.

A cloud of smoke floats in front of the camera.

Tom: Are you doing what I think you’re doing?

Stoner: Dude, you’re good. Just keep going.

Tom: Do I need to get Nick in here?

Stoner: No way, dude. That guy scares the bejeepers out of me.

Tom waves the cloud of smoke away before continuing.

Tom: Tonight, Kennedy, is not about you. Tonight, here in this sh*thole that they call San Bernardino, I’m going to teach another guy that I’m not someone to mess with. I’ve had lots of wannabes try to make a name for themselves at my expense, and I’ve dispatched each and every one of them with relative ease. Casey Williams, Wyatt Peterson, Matthew Kennedy, and tonight John Void, The Winter Soldier, the list continues to grow and tonight will be no different. So keep an eye on the match tonight, Kennedy. I’m going to make an example of the Winter Soldier just for you.

Tom reaches towards the camera.

Tom: Okay, I’m done. Turn it off.

Stoner: Okay.

The camera continues to run as it is set on the floor.

Tom: Oh! One more thing.

Tom lies down on his belly on the floor and looks directly into the camera.

Tom: Kennedy, don’t think about trying anything stupid. I know you’ll probably try to come out for commentary, but I’ll be watching you.

Tom gets back to his feet, kicking the camera in the process.

Stoner: Dude! That’s a rental! I’m gonna be in so much trouble.

Tom laughs as he walks away. “Stoner” Scott Oliver gets on the floor and looks into the camera, examining it, as the scene fades.
user posted image