Author Topic: Tourist Trap  (Read 330 times)

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
Tourist Trap
« on: June 15, 2018, 11:44:49 PM »
 Standing out on the balcony of her room in the Omni Hotel in Atlanta, Seleana Zdunich looks out over the food court in CNN Center and shakes her head. The view was breathtaking and it still blew her mind that this whole thing was in doors despite the sun shining through the translucent windows above her. Her fiancée, Christina Rose, had been surprised when Seleana had asked to come here but this view, ten floors up, not counting the mezzanine.

She watches the people moving across the food court and walking around the inner areas for CNN Center. A couple of guys walk across the high catwalk while guide leads a group of tourists to the big staircase to take them ino CNN from the Starbucks in the center of it all. As she stares at the giant television screen showing the current CNN broadcast, Christina walks out onto the balcony with her and nos.

Christina Rose: Why did you want to come here?

Seleana just nods to the view.

Seleana Zdunich: I wanted to see if it looked like it does on television.

Christina can’t help but smile, even as she tries to hide it. Seleana glances over to the right and the high windows that show where the Georgia World Congress Center sits.

Seleana Zdunich: It is amazing to see such a place. A big luxury hotel attached to CNN Center and the big local arena, across from a big stadium and a convention center. Such things are…

She trails off and Christina smiles again. She always found it cute when Seleana started marveling at how things were here.

Seleana Zdunich: There is an aquarium not far either, over by the World of Coca-Cola. I have heard there is a famous fried chicken place up the street as well over by where they hold something called DragonCon.

Christina nods. She knew all about DragonCon, having been asked to guest at many a convention in her career.

Christina Rose: Any of those things interest you?

Seleana nods happily.

Seleana Zdunich: All of them.  Have heard the World of Coca-Cola is fun when you get to the end of it. The Georgia Aquarium is renowned. I almost took employment there when I first came to this country. I talked to them and to the Busch Gardens in Tampa, Florida before deciding against jumping back into that pool, so to speak.

Christina nods slowly.

Christina Rose: Why?

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: At first, because Twain was in Austin and I did not wish to force us to travel long distances. This was foolish of me because i did not know he traveled long distances for his business anyway.

She pauses and looks down at the railing.

Seleana Zdunich: That was how he died.

She bites her bottom lip and squeezes the railing for a second as Christina hugs her from behind.

Seleana Zdunich: I am sorry, I did not mean to…

Christian shakes her head and kisses Seleana on the side of the head.

Christina Rose: It’s fine…

Seleana nods slowly and allows her fiancée to simply hold her there. She closes her eyes and lets the love flow through her, pushing the memories away.

Seleana Zdunich: After that, I was in no mood for such a move.

She pauses and then turns into the embrace to face Christina.

Seleana Zdunich: And then there was you and I did not think of it further, especially after you disclosed your animal allergy situation.

Christina smiles and the two kiss passionately.

Christina Rose: I never meant to keep you from…

This time, it’s Seleana’s turn to shake her head and cut Christian off.

Seleana Zdunich: You kept me from nothing, Estrellita. It was my choice and I made what I felt was the correct one for me and for us. You did not make me give anything up.

Christina nods, her eyes moistening.

Christina Rose: You’re sure?

Seleana nods and then kisses her lovingly.

Seleana Zdunich: I am.

Christina nods and then releases her grip, her hands sliding down to Seleana’s.

Christina Rose: Come on, we have some planning to do.

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: And then i worry about Dani Weston?

Christina nods, grinning happily.

Christina Rose: Yes, and then you worry about that.

Christina starts back for the sliding glass door of their room and Seleana goes with her, following her to the evening’s promised land.

A couple of hours later…

A camera opens on Seleana standing on the balcony, CNN Center at her back.

Seleana Zdunich: Hej hur mår du?

A look shot to her from Christina as she holds the camera causes Seleana to nod in acknowledgement to the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: Heya, how’s it?

Christina Rose: Better!

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: Sorry, I was just saying hello, Stjärna.

The camera moves slightly as Christina just shakes her head.

Christina Rose: Go on then.

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Sunday, at Six Flags over Georgia, I will face another newcomer in Dani Weston.

She nods happily.

Seleana Zdunich: Heya, Chickie, how’s it?

She smiles sweetly, understandingly.

Seleana Zdunich: I’m not long in this sport as well. Christina has trained me for eight months or so now. She thought it would be good for me and those in family that also wrestle, my sister Zenna, my cousin Alexi and my cousin Maja, all agreed with her. Others in my family did as well and now I stand here, a capable competitor in Sin City Wrestling.

She pauses, glancing at her feet nervously.

Seleana Zdunich: I know many will look at both of us and take us lightly but I will not do that to you and i know you will not do such to me. We both respect each other too much to treat this as anything but the match it should be.  

She turns and glances out at the giant screen to the left on the opposite wall.

Seleana Zdunich: I’ve not been in this country that long. It will be a year next month and things like this still make me marvel at how big things in the States are.

She nods as she turns back to the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: I’m not ashamed to say I still get nervous for every match. Thoughts creep through my head that I overcome before I ever step in to face you. Many will look at us and scoff but you and I, we should avoid such traps. We are to wrestle in a giant tourist trap, just like the one I am currently staying in tonight. We must both be able to handle things, Chickie. You and I should come together and steal the show by putting on the best match we can put on. I know you are capable so, come on, let’s show these people what a real tourist trap looks like!

She nods pointedly.

Seleana Zdunich: We step in the ring and put on such a match that no one can look away. We tear things up and make sure everybody watching is riveted and make all of those that would scoff at us having such lofty expectations for ourselves choke on their own selfish words.

The camera zooms in tightly to frame her face.

Seleana Zdunich: We are the tourist trap, Dani, and we will make everybody in this company sit up and take notice! We may not have been here for long but we will show them we are here for the long haul! See you in the ring, Chickie, and good luck!