Author Topic: Last Stand  (Read 278 times)

Offline Kate Steele

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • "The Nurse" Cynthia Warren
Last Stand
« on: August 31, 2018, 01:15:24 PM »
 Rose Productions Movie Studios
Hollywood, California

Brittany keeps her eyes fixated on her best friend Ryleigh as Ryleigh shook her head as she crossed her arms glaring right back into Brittany’s eyes. Brittany was overly joyed about having her best friend back in her life again. Ryleigh seemed a little uneasy as she seemed disgusted as she sighs in return.

“Is there a reason why you keep staring at me?! You are looking at me as if you saw a ghost or something!”

Brittany smiles as she hugs Ryleigh as tightly as she can as she looks back into her eyes.

“I am just overly happy to have you back in my life again. You had no idea how bad it was living without you in my life. That was two months without you in my life. Two months of your parents being worried that you weren’t around, and months of them blowing up my phone asking about your whereabouts. It was tough being in my position and knowing that you died all because of me. So you have to excuse me if I seem overly happy about this entire situation. I never thought I was going to be able to fix any of it especially having to visit the future and see that the problem wasn’t fixed ten years into the future. Yet through the creativity of my future self giving up her own life to give me a chance to fix things it seems to have paid off, and as you saw in the past my past self sacrificed herself in order to save you. It doesn’t get any better than that does it?!”

Ryleigh just shakes her head as she seems a little disgusted. She sighs very loudly as she turns her attention back over to Brittany.

“Well maybe that’s a sigh that you shouldn’t manipulate with time anymore. Look at all of the problems that this time traveling bit has caused?! It has only led to no good and maybe it’s a sign that you shouldn’t be caught up in doing it anymore…”

Brittany however quickly shakes her head as she glares directly into the eyes of Ryleigh.

“You honestly don’t mean that Ryleigh. I know like everything has seemed to be so bad but there has been a lot of good out of everything as well. Going back to the past has helped me have a better relationship with my mother. I really didn’t care about her but when I went back I gained understanding of what she had to go through when she was pregnant with me. It has helped bring my grandfather back from the dead and life seems to be on track. It’s going amazing if I do say so myself, and for the time being I don’t see any reason to mess with the past anymore. Although I would like to go to the future and tell future Brittany that I ended up being successful. I would like to see how the future pans out with these newfound changes and…”

Ryleigh shakes her head as she glances back at her friend.

“Perhaps you should let some things go. I am just saying maybe you should experience some things for yourself. What is the fun in knowing how things are going to happen before it happens. It takes away the reality of life and you are better than that Brittany. You can’t live your life thinking you are on life’s destined path for you. You need to experience things on your own. You need to just live life and deal with whatever situation comes up and deal with it in the way that seems right to you. If you never got involved in all of this time traveling nonsense I wouldn’t have died. It would have never came up and…”

“Ryleigh…”

“Is all Brittany can say in response as she smiles back at her best friend.

“I know that you are still trouble by all of this because you basically missed out on two months of life. I know it all seems weird and I have been doing my best to make things make sense to you but just trust in me Ryleigh. I would never do anything to hurt you and everything that has happened has been really been building me up to be a better person and individual. I am not perfect nor do I ever claim to be but everything I have done has been for the greater good. It has been to build myself up and I am just happy to become the person that I am today. Even you have to witness that you have seen a major change within me and it’s only going to get better from here. Even my wrestling skills have gotten better…”

Ryleigh nods her head with a huge sigh as she glances back at Brittany with her arms crossed.

“Okay I will at least give you that. You are doing far better than I would have ever expected. You  became a champion and now well….”

Brittany puffs her chest out as she looks back at her best friend.

“Go on and say it Ryleigh it’s not going to hurt you, and I promised I won’t rub it in all that much.”

“And now you are in a position where you can go and win yourself a World Championship. It doesn’t get better than that. You have made it really far Brittany and I am proud of you…”

“THANK YOU!!! That’s all I ever wanted to hear Ryleigh. You know how long I have been waiting to hear those words from you?! I pour my everything into wrestling. Wrestling is my life, and it’s all I really know… Well in addition to being a professional gamer and a softball player. It’s my livelihood and I am happy to be able to walk in my mother’s footsteps. If I can just grab onto a small bit of what she is I know my future is going to be bright, and nobody will be able to extinguish my flame. I need to work hard at this. I need to want this and I know if everything goes the way that I want them to go I will be a World Champion!”

Ryleigh nods her head.

“You do have that power but it’s not going to be easy. You need to put the time and effort in and once you do those things everything else will speak for itself. It’s nice to travel through time and I know if you really wanted to you can constantly travel back and forth to get the result you want, that includes title matches. Yet not everybody can be like Doctor Strange. You can’t repeat the same thing over and over again as if you have the time stone and ask dormamu that you wish to bargain. Sometimes you need to experience losing so you can grow and learn from your mistakes. Sometimes losing is how one moves about so you can make it to the very next level…”

“You really mean that Ryleigh?!”

Ryleigh nods her head in agreement as she glares back at her best friend with a wicked grin on her face.

“Of course I mean that… Why would I lie about something like that for?! Look I know I can be hard on you at times but truth be told when push comes to shove and you really give your all you are absolutely amazing. You fight to your hearts content. I understand you had that hiccup against Evie Baang but through everything you really go above and beyond when you put your mind to it. I just wish you gave that effort all of the time…”

Brittany nods her head as the two of them walk throughout the hallway of the movie studio. They finally make their way to the office of Chloe Martin. Brittany just sighs as she glares at the empty desk of Chloe and glances back at Ryleigh.

“It really sucks to see that things happened like that. Chloe is amazing person and didn’t deserve to go through what she had gone through. She is one of the sweetest people that I know and granted that her and my mom have a habit of always arguing with one another. They both really do care about each other a lot and…”

“Brittany just save it… Come on let’s just go visit them and find out more later…”

On Camera

Wow you know this is really great… In all honesty I never imagined being in this very position. Everything I could ever want is right there in front of me. It’s being dangled in front of me like a carrot on a stick. I feel like I have the chance to really make my family happy. A chance to really  shine and I look forward to everything that you will bring Dani.
user posted image

user posted image