Author Topic: ∞Just Don't Care  (Read 261 times)

Offline Mikah

• View Profile
    • Mikah
∞Just Don't Care
« on: August 07, 2015, 07:51:46 PM »

\'user

<div style="width: 695px; margin: auto;">
”The Holy Grail of Marriage.”
Where: New York City, New York
Days Until Showtime: 7

||OFF-CAMERA.||

Vacation or time off never lasted forever and Mikah knew that but that didn’t mean that
she had to like it.  And the match she was booked in was not something she’d ever be looking forward to.  But that wasn’t what she was bothering with today.  Instead of preparing for the match or perhaps reaching out to her “tag team” partner, Roxi Johnson, she was curled up on her couch with her favorite blanket and her laptop on her lap.  She usually wasn’t one to sit and play on her laptop; that was a task she left solely up to her adoring husband.

She giggles as she watches some YouTube video on her laptop, having nothing better to do than watch stupid, pointless videos.  She glances up to see Gavin walking down the stairs and heading into the kitchen.  She just giggles again as her eyes go back into the laptop’s screen.  They were at odds again, her and Gavin.  It didn’t help that she absolutely insisted on calling him chubby.  He wasn’t chubby but she still liked to call him chubby because he didn’t have a job and therefore, she was going to call him chubby because he didn’t have a job.

She glances up as Gavin walks into the living room and then sits down on the other end of the couch, leaving a space between the two of them.  She doesn't say anything as she looks back at the screen of her laptop.  She sighs before clicking away from YouTube and moving to SCW's own website.  She clicks around a few times before leaning back against the couch.  She didn't understand how Gavin could play video games on a laptop so much; she was getting bored with just being on the internet.

;;Mikah  â€œHi chubby!”

She didn't care if she wasn't being very nice to him or if she was annoying him, she thought it was funny to see him react to being called chubby.  She shuts her laptop and sets it off to the side before looking at Gavin.  She knew that he was trying his best to ignore her little antics but she wasn't about to let him ignore her.

;;Mikah  â€œWhatcha doing, chubby?!”

She looks at him and he barely looks at her.

::Gavin  â€œNothing, tubs.”

She just laughs at him before standing up and throwing her blanket at him.  She adjusts her spandex like shorts before grabbing her tank top and slipping it on over her sports bra.

;;Mikah  â€œWell, on that note, I'm going for a run.  So I don't get chubby, like you.”

::Gavin  â€œYou're not going anywhere, lady.”

Mikah rolls her eyes, not in the moods to deal with his thing of trying to stop her from running.  She was going to do what she wanted, whether he wanted her to or not.

;;Mikah  â€œI suppose you're going to stop me, are you Chubs?”

She looks at him, an eyebrow raised.  She wasn't sure why he had such an issue with her running because she loved it.  She loved running to the core of her being.

::Gavin  â€œI sure am going to stop you; you're coming with me.”

She steps away from him and pulls her hair up into a ponytail to keep her long locks out of her eyes.  She didn't know what he was planning to do but she didn't want to be apart of it.

;;Mikah  â€œYou stop it, Gavin James.  I am going on a run, whether you want me to or not.  I don't even know why you have such a big issue with me running.”

The running thing between them hadn't ever really came down to why she ran so much because Gavin never really pushed it other than voicing his opinion about it.  But Mikah didn't really care what he thought about her running; it was something she did to make herself happy.  She loved to wrestle as well but it held a different place in her heart.

::Gavin  â€œCause I like having you with me.”

She looks at him, before rolling her eyes at him.  She understood that he wanted to be with her; but she wasn't one of those people that just wanted to be with their significant other all the time.

;;Mikah  â€œI understand that but I'm still going for a run.  You can handle being on your own for an hour or two.”

She bends down to tie her tennis shoes as she also tries to keep an eye on him as he stays seated on the couch.

::Gavin  â€œNope, you're staying.”

;;Mikah  â€œNo, I'm not.”

She stood back up and stared across the room at Gavin, her eyes on him.  He was certain that she wasn't going to go for a run and she was determined that she was.

::Gavin  â€œYou most definitely are.”

She frowns as she hesitates to move to the door.  She didn't know if he was going to tackle her to stop her or if he was going to just let her go.

;;Mikah  â€œUm.  Are you living in an alternate universe or something, Gavs?  Because I'm pretty sure I'm going to go on a run if I want to.  It's not like I'm going to be gone for ten years.”

They could go back and forth for a long time about whether or not she would go running or not.  She was stubborn and set in her ways; she liked to have a routine and running kept her in that routine.

::Gavin  â€œYou run all day, every day.  It's time for you to sit down and hang out; it won't kill you.”

She looks at him and rolls her eyes.  She didn't run all day; she ran two hours in the morning, an hour and a half after lunch time, and an hour in the evening.  She liked to have her routine set and she liked to keep her runs set in stone as well.  She looks at him before crossing her arms over her chest.

;;Mikah  â€œI do not run ALL day, Gavin.  I run three times a day; once in the morning, once after lunch time, and once in the evening.  What are you going to do if I go on a run?  Divorce me?  Give me the silent treatment?”

She didn't know what would happen if she pushed her limits with him.  Would he do something about it?  Or would he let it slide?  She wasn't sure.

::Gavin  "I'll figure something out.  Just, for the love of god, you're not going to die if you miss a run.”

;;Mikah  â€œYes, I am!”

He didn't understand her need to run and she doubted that he ever would.  How could he?  He was a male and didn't understand the complex life that Mikah had.  She didn't share some of her demons with him, figuring he didn't need to know them.  But running helped keep them away from her mind that was always working and she needed that; she needed to know that she wasn't going to slip back into that dark period of time in her life.

::Gavin  "How so?  Running isn't a need.”

To him.  Running wasn't a need to him.

;;Mikah  â€œStaying home isn't either.”

::Gavin  â€œBut staying home with your husband, is.”

She loved her husband, she did but she didn't want to give up running.  She didn't want to lose the fight and give in to what he wanted because that was what he would expect every time.  She just looks at him, lingering in the doorway.

;;Mikah  â€œNo, that's something you want me to do.”

::Gavin  â€œIt's something you should do.  It shouldn't be a chore to spend some time with your husband.”

She wanted to bang her head against the frame of the door.  She didn't know how she was going to make him see what she was talking about, how she felt when she went for a run.

;;Mikah  â€œI do spend time with you.”

She did spend a lot of time with him or when she could.  Between her job, being a mother, and being the Champion of a company, there wasn't hardly any time to spare.

::Gavin  â€œNot nearly enough; you're always running.”

;;Mikah  â€œYou're always playing video games!”

It was a weak rebuttal but it was the only thing that he did on a regular basis that she could use against him.  At least her running did something for her health, what did video games do for him!?”

::Gavin  â€œSo what?!  I always put them down for you.”

She huffs out a sigh as she looks at him.  She didn't know what to do; she didn't know what he would do if she did go on a run.

;;Mikah  â€œAnd if I go on a run, what are you going to do?”

She looked at him, curious as to what his answer would be.  She rubs her lips together, her eyes still on him.

::Gavin  â€œYou don't wanna know.”

She rolls her eyes at him, trying not to get irritated toward him but sometimes she couldn't help it.  She sighs as she looks at him, trying not to snap at him.

;;Mikah  â€œYes I do.  That's why I asked, Gavin.  I didn't just ask to hear myself talk; if I wanted to do that, I'd replay one of my promos.”

Maybe that wasn't the right thing to say but she simply didn't care.  What was she supposed to do?  She couldn't give up her running at all, it was something she just wouldn't feel okay with giving up.  It's not like she would ever ask him to give up his video games and she hoped it would go the same way.

::Gavin  â€œI'll tell you later, I promise.  I'll show you.”

He was always telling her that he would show her things if she did something he didn't want her to do.  She simply just rolls her eyes a bit.

;;Mikah  â€œWell, I'm still going for a run; with your threat lingering or not.”

His threats never really intimidated her or bothered her that much.  She was able to handle whatever it was he thought he was going to do to her for her choice of running.  She was irritated that he had put her in such a spot and now the need to run was even higher than before.

::Gavin  â€œOh well, you'll see soon.”

More of his vague answers, the ones that usually drove her bananas.  She just raises an eyebrow at him before she looks at the door to the outside world behind her.  She didn't know how she could ever make him understand the high that running gave her; the natural high that it supplied.  Nothing could beat that high with the exception of wrestling; wrestling gave her another natural high.  She stretches a bit, letting his words linger in the air between them as she does a few stretches to loosen her muscles up a bit.

;;Mikah  â€œI'm not scared of you.”

The plan had never been for Mikah to be scared of her husband and she knew that but she used that quite often against his small threats toward her.  She just turns, leaving that last little statement lingering in the air between them.  She walks to the door and with one look over her shoulder she opens it and steps outside.  She breathes in the heavenly scent of fresh mowed grass and the smell of summer.  She wasn't quite ready for Summer to end and for Leighton to go back to school and turn ten years old.  It would be a milestone for the little girl, one that Mikah wasn't ready to hit herself.  She breathes out slowly before stepping down the steps and onto the sidewalk.  She looks around for a few moments before she begins to run down her sidewalk and onto the community sidewalk, using her usual route.

”Just Simply Don't Care.”
Where: Apia, Samoa.
Days Until Showtime: 4

||ON-CAMERA.||

The scene opens up to Mikah dressed in the same dress that Regina George wore to the dance in the movie, Mean Girls.  However, her make up was done just like how Amy Marshall would do it; not very well.  She adjusts the strapless top of the dress as people flurry around her on the set of her promo.  She'd managed to find people to stand in to act as students so there were “dance goers” in her promo.   She sighs before seeing the camera man nod his head.

;;Mikah  â€œI know, this is weird, right?  Do you know who I'm supposed to be?!”

She tilts her head to the side a bit.

;;Mikah  â€œNo, you probably don't.  Because most of you should have lives that are more important than the Mean Girls.   You see, this is how Regina George was dressed in one of the last scenes of the movie and that's where Veronica Taylor so poorly ripped the name of her shitty stable from.  If I was the directors and producers of that movie, I'd slap a copyright infringement lawsuit on Veroncia Taylor's ugly ass just to prove to her that she's not as smart as she thinks she is.”

Mikah didn't like Veronica Taylor, never really had.  The girl was a little dumb and lived in a world where the truth didn't matter to her.

;;Mikah  â€œYou see, Veronica Taylor isn't smart and while she claims that she founded the Mean Girls stable, I don't truly believe it.  First of all, she wasn't very original with the name of the group, now was she?  Stealing the name from a popular movie wasn't very original of her and secondly, she likes to pretend that she has a better life than all of the other bombshells on the roster.  Her life can't be that great because she's not intelligent and she can barely succeed as a model, let alone a wrestler.  She can barely win singles matches on her own, which is why I'm certain that she kissed up to that weasel, Christian Underwood to be booked in the match at Summer XXXtreme.  I mean, why else would she get a shot at MY championship?!  She's not good in the ring and she has no personality.  It might not be the nicest thing to say about her but the truth hurts and she's about to get a dose of reality after I kick her ass at Summer XXXtreme.”

She shrugs her shoulders as she shifts her weight from one foot to the other.

;;Mikah  â€œBut we're not talking about Summer XXXtreme right now, are we?  Nope, that's three weeks away still.  I'm now being forced to take part in a tag match against Veronica Taylor and Amy Marshall.  And I have a partner that is seemingly happy all the time.  How is that normal?!  Nobody is happy all the time.  Nobody.  I seriously think Christian Underwood needs to undergo a psychiatric evaluation because this match doesn't make any sense at all.  AT ALL.  Why book a tag match like this right before Summer XXXtreme?!  The man doesn't have a brain or that's how it looks to me.  I absolutely hate tag matches; I hate having to rely on a partner to achieve the win.  I've never been about tag matches, never in my entire life so I almost don't want to win this match to shove it to Christian.  I don't even want to show up to it and maybe, just maybe I won't even bother to show up.  And if I don't show up, Christian, go ahead and fine me because I don't give a fuck.”

She hated tag matches and she'd been dragging her feet about it all week, wanting to pretend that she wasn't booked in such a stupid match.  But she didn't live in an alternate universe like Veronica did, she lived in the real world where things like this had to be dealt with.

;;Mikah  â€œVeronica Taylor is a scrub that has nothing better to do than to sit on the couch on her phone, scrolling through Twitter.  She doesn't anything she can to start a little Twitter fight and she's not well liked at all.  And it's not because people envy her talent in the ring because she doesn't have any talent when it comes to wrestling.  They hate her because she's an annoying little twit that can't leave other people alone and that makes up insults that don't even make sense.  Take me for an example...”

She stands up a little straighter and flips her hair over her shoulder.

;;Mikah  â€œShe likes to state that I'm some sort of heroin junkie.  I don't even know where she came up with this fabricated insult.  I think she just says things to see how they sound and then types them out on Twitter.  Because stating that I'm on heroin isn't even an insult; it's defamation to my character.  She likes to say these things because she can't come up with a better insult, one that would actually make sense and possibly be half true.  I'm sure some of you are thinking that why would I agree that I'm on heroin?  Well, I wouldn't if I was but I can assure you that I'm not because looky what I have here!”

She pulls out a piece of paper that had been folded into a neat square.  She carefully unfolds it before looking over the contents of the paper.

;;Mikah  â€œThis is a paper from the SCW staff themselves.  I had willingly gone in to get myself drug tested to prove to that imbecile that I am drug free and that I have never been on heroin.  Not that it matters because she probably isn't even going to be paying attention long enough to hear this.  And even if she does, it won't stop her from rambling on about how I'm such a heroin druggie and how she thinks she's so much better.  She's probably better at kissing Christian Underwood's ass than I am, so she has that going for her.  But let's get back to my drug test results, shall we?!”

The fake excitement was oozing out of her words and most people could tell that she wasn't that excited.  For anything, really.

;;Mikah  â€œWell looky here!  It came back negative!  Just like I knew it would!”

She holds the paper out, letting the camera get a good zoom in on it to read that the results were indeed negative.  She smirks as she tosses the paper off to the side.

;;Mikah  â€œNow that that is out of the way, we can move on to bigger and better things!  Like the fact that I'm a better competitor than Veronica Taylor will ever be.  Let's look at the last few months of her career, shall we?!”

She smirks a bit before taking a step backwards.

;;Mikah  â€œShe had been on top of the bombshell division with her little stable; Delia had been holding MY championship for me and Amanda and Veronica had held the Bombshell Tag Team championships, looking all pretty and whatnot.  But then the group blew up and split off into two separate teams, Merceds and Delia on one and Amanda and Veronica on the other.  If I was Amanda, I would have been pretty pissed to be getting Veronica Taylor as my partner.  She obviously got the wrong end of the deal but that's neither here nor there.  Amanda and Veronica got along for awhile under it was obvious that Veronica just became dead weight for the team.  And Amanda just couldn't be the one to carry Veronica any more so they succumbed and lost the tag titles to Mercedes and Delia, just like that.  Like they weren't important to them.  Of course, the team still managed to stick together because they had a rematch coming up!  Everything had to look good for the cameras.  Amanda had to pretend that she was okay with being Veronica's tag team partner but we all know that nobody can handle that much for too long.  So their rematch came and they failed because Veronica couldn't pull her own weight.  But that definitely didn't surprise me at all.  Then that team deteriorated and dwindled down to nothing, leaving them both to wander off into the singles division.

Veronica obviously found out the hard way that she wasn't one for singles competition because she couldn't snag a win on her own.  And maybe that was just the shock of being on her own, I'm not sure; I don't specialize in tag team matches.  But things became very rough for Veronica and she started to go down on a downward spiral, not winning any matches until just recently.  Maybe she got a fire lit under her ass or who knows but she's not better than I am and she never will be.  Ever.”

She just simply shrugs her shoulders before taking a deep breath.

;;Mikah  â€œMaybe I should talk about her tag team partner a little bit, hm?  Amy Marshall is Veronica's tag team partner for the match and I almost feel sorry for Amy.  I wouldn't want to be teamed up with that huge disappointment.  But then again, who would want to be Amy's tag team partner at the same time?  But to be fair, Amy's had a better match record than Veronica Taylor ever has.  But I suppose, I can't credit her too much because she must not have cared about the Internet Championship too much because Roxi Johnson is the one who is the holder of it now, am I right?”

Mikah wasn't quite sure because she'd been gone two weeks and she hadn't really kept up with the times.  She wasn't a very good employee but she kept all that a hush hush.

;;Mikah  â€œAnd Roxi is my tag team partner for the match.  And I'm not quite sure that I should be entirely happy with that either.  I mean, the girl is always happy.  Nobody should ever be that happy.  Ever.  I believe that I will leave her to deal with the weirdo emo chick, Amy because those two obviously have a history together and I'm sure that Roxi would love to smash Amy's head into the mat repeatedly.  I mean, it's what I would love to do to Veronica Taylor and I'd hope that it would knock some sense into the woman but let's face it, nothing in the world is going to be able to help Veronica Taylor.  The girl is a lost cause and people should just give up on her.”

She just shrugs again before sitting down.

;;Mikah  â€œI don't even care if I lose this match.  Not one bit because I don't care about tag team matches.  They're not something that I even remotely like.  I'd rather be in a bra and panties match before I'd willingly accept being placed in a tag team match.  That's too much responsibility, if you ask me.  You're asking Roxi to trust me and to trust that I'd have her back.  Since when have I EVER been deemed a trustworthy person?!  Never.  But then you're asking me to trust that Roxi has my back come Sunday.  And I know, it seems like she's a good person and that she will have my back but what if she doesn't?  Things happen and she could change her tune in a heartbeat.”

She takes a deep breath as she relaxes a bit.

;;Mikah  â€œBut however, I don't see Amy and Veronica getting along very well either.  This match is just a ticking time bomb, waiting for either side to burst and explode.  I find it comical that Christian made the teams the way he did because all four of us don't like one another.  It will be a matter of time until the teams explode with one another or if we all just ignore the referee and try to kill one another.  It'd be a funny sight if you ask me.”

She shrugs her shoulders once more before standing up.   She straightens out the dress before grabbing the make up remover wipe she'd stashed.  She started to wipe off the heavy make up, something she didn't like to wear in the first place.

;;Mikah  â€œSunday will be here soon and I don't want to be looking like an emo-clown or a Mean Girl so I'm removing any piece of that from my life.  I'd say that you'll be seeing me win but I frankly do not give a fuck if I win this Sunday or not.  Sorry but I simply just don't care about this match.  Call it wrong or conceited but I'm just waiting for Sunday to be over so I can go get drunk.”

She tosses the wipe off to the side before straightening out her dress.

;;Mikah  â€œCiao.”