Author Topic: ∞Attending A Funeral  (Read 262 times)

Offline Mikah

• View Profile
    • Mikah
∞Attending A Funeral
« on: May 15, 2015, 07:13:08 PM »

\'user

<div style="width: 600px; margin: auto;">Frustrations.
New York City, NY
|OFF-CAMERA| 1 WEEK UNTIL SHOWIME
SCENE i

Her suitcase was open and she was attempting to pack for the upcoming show but her husband, Gavin Stephens kept taking things out.  He didn't seem to care if she was getting frustrated with him as he thought it was rather funny.  She gave him a look before she grabbing her suitcase and marched into her walk-in closet and shut the door behind her.  She didn't have the time or the patience to deal with him and his childish games.  It didn't help the fact that she did NOT want to go overseas again.  She rather liked being in New York City and wished she could keep it that way.  But that was not how the job worked, apparently.  

She sighs as she packs several different choices of colors for her ring attire before packing the rest of the outfits she was going to take with her to Algeria or wherever it was that SCW was traveling.  Did that make her a bad employee if she didn't even know where she was going?  Probably.  But did she care?  Nope, not at all.  She was just there because it was something to busy herself with.  Something to distract her from the troubles of building another house, the same one that has been in the works since last summer.  It didn't help that that was exactly where she was headed after she packed her suitcase.  And she was leaving Gavin at home.

–

She walks out of the closet and grabs the keys to her 2014 Ford Mustang before looking at Gavin as he sits innocently on their bed.  She just rolls her eyes at him as she fixes the skirt of her dress before tugging her stiletto heels back on.  She grabs her purse before looking at Gavin once more.

;;Mikah  â€œI'm going to go check on the house.  Make sure the idiots know what they're doing and hope to high hell that they aren't ruining my plans.”

Gavin just shrugs before finally turning his attention to whatever video game it was he was watching.  She takes a deep breath before walking downstairs to leave to go to the new house.  The drive only took fifteen minutes if that.  She sighs as she parks her car and then climbs out, looking at the frame of the house—well, more like mansion if she was honest.  She didn't like her houses to be small, so she designed it to be rather huge.  And she had the money, so why not?

++Architect  â€œHello, Mrs. Stephens.  I hope you like what you're seeing so far.”

Mikah looks at him, her eyes looking him over before looking at the structure in front of her. To be honest, she was liking it.  She loved how everything was coming together nicely and of course, she only got thee best architects in the country, she would have no less for her house.  She tucks her straight blonde locks behind her ears before offering the man a polite smile.

;;Mikah  â€œI was just coming over to see how everything was going and checking to see if everything is on track.  Remember, I want my walk-in closet to have two stories, not just one.  And I want it to be big, I have a lot of clothes and shoes.”

He chuckles at her a bit before nodding his head.  He had the plans as he went through them with her, helped her set them up.  She let Gavin have some say as well but this had been her idea in the first place, right?  Plus, he didn't seem that interested in the new house anyways.  She steps towards the house, following the lead architect.

++Architect  â€œOf course, Mrs. Stephens, we did talk about your ideas and I remember them in vivid detail and I have the blueprints that have your ideas sketched out on them.  Has Leighton decided what she wanted in her bedroom?”

Mikah shakes her head no with a small chuckle.  The girl was everything like her mother and just as indecisive.
;;Mikah  â€œNo, but I will have her give me her ideas once more and then I will email them to you.  Or text you the details and you can come discuss them.”

He nods his head, watching as Mikah examined the frame of the house.  They had just gotten started because they had been so late to draw up the blueprints, they couldn't start till spring to do anything else.  She runs her hands over the boards before shrugging and looking around a little more.  She smiles at him before walking towards her car and stopping mid-way.

;;Mikah  â€œI will be back next week to check on the house; I have to go out of the country for my job.  You have my email and my number if you need anything.”

He nodded his head and didn't get a chance to say anything as he watched Mikah step into the her car and then quickly drive off.  She didn't have time for small talk, she had to go home, shower Gavin with some attention, before she hopped on a plane to be whisked away to another country.  Oh, why couldn't SCW just go do some shows in Australia?  She probably didn't want to go there either as she'd probably get eaten by a snake or a spider.

In the Mind of Mikah
IN THE AIR
|ON-CAMERA| 6 DAYS UNTIL SHOWIME
SCENE ii

So, I’m starting this blog.And I’m not even sure why.  It’s not something that I’ve ever been interested in doing because let’s face it, I have better things to be doing than this.  But it’s something that has been useful in other people’s lives, right?  So I figured, why not give it a whirl.

I’ve been told I’m in this oh-so, important match for SCW at Climax Control.  The only plus side in winning this match would be being the number 1 contender for that championship that the one cheap trick of a girl has.  Although, it would have been much more interesting if I was going to be facing Delia for the championship and not some other broad who really probably only has six or seven moves in her arsenal of moves.  I know, I know.  You’re probably thinking, ”But Mikah! You haven’t even won the match and you’re talking about facing the champion!”. Well, have you even seen my competition?!  Not much there if you ask me.

There’s Mercedes Vargas, a former mean girl and don’t quote me on this because I don’t keep up on the mean girls’ rivalries or friendships, but I believe that she is still good friends with Delia and the other two are friends. Or that’s what I’ve gathered from whatever I see floating around on Twitter.  Pretty lame that I only know about them from what they tweet about, right?  I completely agree. But however, back to Mercedes; I had tagged with her and Desiree Drake before to take on Melody Grace, Misty the moron, and Roxi the wannabe and it was less than favorable…or at least that’s what I thought of the outcome anyways.  However, she does seem like the only other girl in the match besides myself that could end up with the victory. But do we really want that?!  Do we want her to be the next champion?  No, I don’t think we do; especially not if she’s going to be having Delia’s whore-y mouth in her ear.  That probably wasn’t very nice of me, was it?  But I really, really don’t care.  Plus, the truth hurts.

Mercedes is also the only other girl in the match that could be considered pretty.  It’s like they put out a flyer saying: ”Ugly girls wanted here at SCW!  Don’t have any wrestling experience!?  That’s okay! Come on in anyways!”  I mean seriously, what could they have been thinking?!  Amy Marshall?  Really?!  She’s a nobody.  Do I really need to spell it out?!  N O B O D Y.  She doesn’t even have that great of a personality, either.  Let me take a shot in the dark and just guess that she’s into comics almost like every other single opponent that I’ve had.  Real original, stay classy Amy.

You want to know how much attention I’ve paid to the fact that I have a match this coming Sunday?  I only know that Amy and Mercedes are in the match. I can’t seem to recall who else is in the match.  My mind keeps screaming at me to say that Jessie Salco is but I could just be spitting out random names, that has been known to happen to me.  I’m sure you’re curious as to why I don’t care about it but if you really think about it, why should I?  None of those girls seem to care either and I have a husband and a 9 year old child to think about and I’m building a new house, so my mind is pretty full with other things than worrying about the stupid names of bimbos that I’m going to be in the ring with come Sunday night.

I know, I know.  I should be more worried about what they think they’re going to do to me in the match but honestly?  I don’t think that they are going to be doing anything to me.  I’m going to be the one that is going to come out victorious.  I’m going to wrap my legs around their heads and crush their trachea with my shin.  And who’s gonna tap out?!  Them, not me.  It’s inevitable, really.  I have much more talent in my little pinky finger than they have in their entire body.  Being a mean girl?  Puh-lease. I could be a mean girl in my sleep and it still wouldn’t mean shit.  That’s right, I think that being a Mean Girl meant ABSOLUTELY nothing.  Oh wow, you had your own little clique.  Guess what?  I’ve run with people before that would make the hair on your arms and legs curl.  So I’m not worried about that.  And then being a goth?  No thanks, I’d rather be me and be good at what I do.  I don’t need to have somebody like her pretending to act like she’s worth something when in fact, she’s not worth anything.

Somebody once told me, that if you didn’t have anything nice to say than you should say nothing at all.  But what fun is that?!  I enjoy making people feel like they don’t add up to anything.  It’s a gift, really.  It makes me feel like I’m superior to everybody else, which I am if you really think about it.  I could probably do absolutely anything I wanted to and it wouldn’t bother me or anybody else either.  I could be the one to ruin the whole match and I would walk away scot free of any punishment or fine.  It’s just the way things go for me.  Granted, I may not have had the best childhood ever but I have a pretty good life now.  A child, a husband, and five houses that have all been paid for; it really feels great to have money and not to worry about paying for anything.  But I suppose the likes of Mercedes and Amy need this job in SCW and need the money to stay afloat in their pathetic little lives.  Which, maybe that’s why they feel they deserve to win the match oh-so much.  Well, sorry to break your little hearts, dirtbags. I’m not going to let you just walk away with the win.  But, I’ve got other things to do now rather than to sit here behind a computer screen and talk to the likes of you.
<align=right>Ciao,
Mikah</align>

Skype Date.
Algeria
|OFF-CAMERA| 6 DAYS UNTIL SHOWIME
SCENE iii

Mikah looks around the rather extravagant hotel room that she would be staying in before placing her bag at the foot of the bed.  She didn’t know if she’d like staying in the hotel alone, all by herself.  But what choice did she have?  She could have dragged Gavin along but then she’d probably had to listen to whining or something and she had wanted to go alone.  Maybe she needed a friend or somebody to talk to.  She didn’t really know what she needed but she needed to do something before she drove herself crazy just sitting in the hotel room.  She pulls out her laptop and sets it up on one of the tables in the room before sitting down and pulling up Skype.  She was gonna Skype call Gavin, just to see if he would answer.

::Gavin  â€œHey, Miks!”

She smiles at him, seeing his handsome face on the screen of her computer.  She had changed into a pair of her running yoga capris and a work out tank top with a sports bra underneath.  She waves at him, still smiling as she looked his face over.

;;Mikah  â€œHey, Gavs. How’s the house?  You didn’t let it burn to the ground or anything, did you?!”

::Gavin  â€œWhat?!  Me?!  Of course not!  I don’t even think I’ve left the bedroom except to answer the computer to get to your call.  How’s…wherever it is you are?!”

She chuckles a bit.  They both seemed to have the same mentality about traveling overseas.  She didn’t like it much and preferred to only go where she knew where she’d be.  Because right now she was guessing at where she was.

;;Mikah  â€œI don’t know, I just got here.  I haven’t seen much of it but I’m about to go on a run.  Please don’t just lock yourself in the bedroom to play those stupid video games.  You’ll need to eat, you know.  And I don’t just mean order pizza every night!  That’s not healthy!”

::Gavin  â€œWell, Chinese will be in there a few nights too, you know.”

He winked at her and she chuckled a bit as she moved to sit more comfortable, pulling one leg up so that her knee was bent and her foot rested against the bottom of the chair.

;;Mikah  â€œAre you going to survive without me there?  How are you going to sleep at night without me next to you!?  It’s been a long time since we’ve had to sleep without one another.  It might be hard for you.”

She was teasing, of course.  She knew that it would be her that would have a hard time sleeping.  Gavin would sleep like a rock and wouldn’t even think twice about it.  She flashes him a smile as she reaches back to pull her long blonde locks up into a messy bun.

::Gavin  â€œIt’ll be hard, Miks but I think I can do it.  How are you going to cope?!”

She just simply shrugs her shoulders as she leans forward and rests her chin against her knee.

;;Mikah  â€œI don’t know, but I’m going to try to manage it.  Because you won’t wanna go with me all the time, you know.  You’ll be happier staying in New York City without all the hustle and bustle of planes and all that comes with the oh-so glamorous life of wrestling, when you’re not the one competing.”

She offers him another small smile before brushing her bangs out of her face.

::Gavin  â€œYou know I’d do it just to be with you.”

;;Mikah  â€œI know you would but I would never ask you to do that for me.  Or at least not all the time, anyways.

She winks at him before looking out the windows of her hotel room.  She stretches a bit before looking at Gavin’s face on the laptop.

;;Mikah  â€œI’m going to go on a run before it gets dark.  I’ll text you when I get back, okay?”

::Gavin  â€œOkay, babe.  Love you.”

She wrinkles her nose at him a bit before blowing him a kiss.

;;Mikah  â€œLove you more. Bye.”

She didn’t give him the chance to say goodbye as she ended the call.  She takes a deep breath before grabbing her tennis shoes and pulling them on and quickly tying them.  She grabs her phone and her Beats by Dre headphones before grabbing the arm band she has to secure her phone to her body.  She clicks through her playlists before picking the one that she uses to run to and lets it burst through her pink headphones before she puts her keys to the hotel room in the hidden pocket in her yoga pants before she pulls the door open and walks out of the room.  She heads to the elevator, her head solely focused on the run she was about to take.  She didn’t dare think about Gavin or Leighton.   She didn’t even dare think about the match that she would be competing in in a few short days.   She had to be completely focused on her run so she didn’t get hurt or lost, even.  She steps into the elevator and presses the lobby button.  She watches the doors close before she closes her eyes and leans back against the wall as the elevator moves down to the lobby.  She completely relaxes herself, easing her nerves and making sure her mind was completely empty as the doors open and she stepped out into the still ever busy lobby of the hotel.   She flashed the lady behind the desk a smile before running out of the lobby and off to find a trail to go on.

Funeral.
Algeria
|ON-CAMERA| 2 DAYS UNTIL SHOWIME
SCENE iv

She stands in a room all by herself, with the camera man being the only other person in the room.  She tucks her hair behind her ears, the only light in the room being shone on her and that was thanks to the single candlestick she was holding that was lit.  She was wearing a black dress that was tight and short and was strapless.  On her feet were black stiletto heels.  Her blonde hair was pulled back into a stylish, classy bun. She takes a deep breath before giving the camera man a quick, subtle nod to begin filming.  She only waits a millisecond after she sees the redlight to begin.

;;Mikah  â€œBehind me, lay the hopes, wishes, and dreams of Amy Marshall, Jessica Salco, and Mercedes Vargas.  It's been what I'm sure they could say as a great career for them and I hope they find happiness in the great beyond because today, it's time to attend their funeral...”

She blew out the candle, leaving her in complete darkness.  It seems like the darkness lasts for longer than just two minutes but soon the room lights up to show a few rows of pews as if she was in a church. In front of the pews were three coffins lined up respectively.  The middle coffin had a picture of Mercedes Vargas on it, the one to its right had a picture of Jessie Salco on top of it, and then the one to the left had a picture of Amy Marshall sitting on top of it.  Mikah walks to the front of the pews and up to the podium that was set in the middle, directly in front of the coffins.  She clears her throats before looking at the people that were sitting in the pews to attend the funeral.

;;Mikah  â€œHere behind me are the hopes, wishes, and dreams of three of my opponents. Hopes that they would win the match to become the NEW number one contender for the championship lay here, hopes that they would become the next champion, to defeat Raynin.  Wishes that they could just hurry the days up so they could feel the victory, wishes that they knew what it was like to be a winner lay here.  And their dreams of being a success in their career lay here, in those caskets.  Now, for a moment of silence to pay the respects that they deserve.”

Mikah wasn't even quite for a second when she herself burst out in laughter.  The thought of paying three girls that she didn't even care to know respect just made her laugh.

;;Mikah  â€œWhat respect do they deserve?!  They haven't earned any respect from me and they definitely shouldn't have earned your respect.  They are living in a daydream, something they think is all flowers and butterflies and hearts and rainbows.  Things that only exist when the World isn't constantly going up in flames because of one thing or another.  Those three trashy women need to be brought back to reality; they need to realize that this match isn't going to be a walk in the park on a sunny day.  They need to realize that they can't rely on hopes or wishes or dreams because they don't mean jack squat in the real world.  I would like to know if they've been living under a rock because I sure wish that I could believe in fairies and whatever else it is that they dream of.  But no, I believe in reality.  Things that can happen and can come true.  I don't need to drift off into fairytale land to make myself a better life.  I rely on myself.  And come Sunday, girls, I'm going to be the one that captures the victory.

And I don't care how I capture that victory either.  I don't care if I wrap my legs around Mercedes' head and pull her trachea against my shin to crush it or if it's Jessie or Amy that I do that too.  Because all three of you are cheap, disposable women that can be traded in for better opponents and better co-workers. Amy and Jessie, you should really just focus on being tag team partners because I'm sure that's all you know how to do.  I'm sure you think you two have the advantage and have this thought that you don't care who wins if it's between the two of you.  Well, newsflash neither one of you stand a chance at winning.  Okay, maybe there's like a .000000001% chance of either of you winning.  

And then there's Mercedes, who is probably just as much an underdog per se like I am.  But before you get all hippy-happy, I do not consider myself an underdog because I am the obvious choice to be the next contender for Raynin's championship.  But Mercedes doesn't even have any friends besides Delia right now, right?  Sorry, I don't keep up on that Mean Girls melodrama shit.  Ain't my cup of tea and I don't like any of you girls.  Mercedes is the girl that will be forgotten about in the match.  Sure, I'm sure she'll be competitive in the match but afterwards, her hopes and dreams are going to come right back here to those caskets.  And this eulogy is going to have to be replayed again and again, so that people realize that I was right.  That I was the one who came out victorious in the end.  But I don't think any of you believe that I'm going to be the winner.

She points at an older woman that had attended the “funeral” before scowling at the woman.

;;Mikah  â€œI bet you are thinking that I'm dead wrong and that this is going to be all wrong.  Well, I'm sorry old hag, this isn't Hollywood; I'm not going to sugar coat the truth for you.  I'm going to win, I'm not about to let you or any of these other old hags here try to sob and mourn for the careers of Jessie Salco, Amy Marshall, or Mercedes Vargas.  They can find jobs again...as strippers or maybe even a prostitute.  I mean, if guys are into them.”

She shrugs her shoulder before reaching back and pulling out the few bobby pins that were holding her bun in place before shaking her hair out.  She then unzips the dress and steps out of it to reveal her bra like top ring gear with the matching cheeky boyshort like bottoms with the stylish hole on the right hip.  She slips her stilettos off before bending down behind the podium and pulls on her fishnet stockings, garters, and kneepads before pulling her wrestling boots on and lacing them up.  She steps out from the podium, letting them get a good look at her, some of them gasping and clutching their hearts at the sight of a woman in barely any clothing.

;;Mikah  â€œTHIS is what a winner looks like, hags.  I'm sure you don't know anything about winning, do you?  I'm sure everything you've done in your lives is unworthy of any praise and you're sitting there wishing that you could change some things.  And guess what?  In probably ten years, that's exactly where Mercedes, Jessie, and Amy are going to find themselves; sobbing to themselves, wishing that they could change the past and try harder to be a better competitor.  But they're not me and they're nothing special.  Because we already have a plethora of comic book nerds around and we have what?  Three other girls that were Mean Girls around.  So see, all three of them are replaceable.  So, I don't want them to sit too comfy on their pedastol because I'm about to kick it out from underneath them.”

She reaches behind her to fix the bottoms of her wrestling bottoms before stepping down the few steps that led to the beginning of the aisle.

;;Mikah  â€œWell, this was a lovely funeral, don't you think?  I'd love to stay and...talk some more at you hags but I really have more important things to do.  Like get ready to kick three replaceable women's asses.  Hope you're ready, girls.”

She winks at the camera as she walks down the aisle a bit.

;;Mikah  â€œCiao.”

She finishes walking down the aisle between the pews before nodding discreetly and the camera man stops filming.  She relaxes a bit before looking around her.  The place was a bit creepy and she was thankful that she was done with it.  She shakes it off before leaving the area, ready to go to the gym to work out a bit.  She wouldn't admit it, but she kind of liked being by herself; nobody to tell her to stop running or stop going to the gym.  She was going to soak it up for awhile.</div>