Author Topic: “The Underwhelming Return.”  (Read 953 times)

Offline Krystal Wolfe

• View Profile
“The Underwhelming Return.”
« on: May 17, 2023, 03:01:37 PM »
(Alexandra was used with her handler’s permission)

Krystal would lose to Tempest at Into the Void suffering her first pinfall loss since her Roulette Title Reign ended but things seemed to only get worse for the Aussie from there! Earlier in the night following one of her “public workouts” against three local London girls London Underground returned to prevent Krystal from breaking the arm of the youngest member of the trio and after the match against Tempest Krystal would run afoul of Keira again with the Hall of Famer making it clear that she wasn’t going to tolerate her public workouts for much longer.

Krystal had four enemies heading into the next cycle as she had attacked Sam Marlowe after Sam’s match against Mercedes Vargas but she was resolving her issues with her former Go Gym teammates first as she was facing London Underground in a tag team match at the first Climax Control of the cycle, her partner? Alexandra Callaway, a newcomer to the Bombshell Division who Krystal had formed a friendship with but had seemingly snapped herself, can the unhinged duo defeat London Underground?

Krystal’s home. Grand Junction, Colorado
Friday the 12th of May 2023, 17:00pm

So, things have taken a turn since I was last in Colorado.

If you remember, I had moved here because I had made enemies with every member of the Go Gym and had joined The Saviours taking Makayla with me, that was at the beginning of the Into the Void XI cycle and by the end of it? I had pissed off The Saviours enough that they showed me the door meaning I wasn’t welcome at Hell’s Gate anymore either, and whilst I was content to spend the rest of the tour overseas since flying back and forth was impractical as all hell, Makayla caught wind of my weeding off the week in the final build up to Into the Void and filed for divorce.

I hadn’t signed those papers, I told Evan, my lawyer, to sit on this until I could talk some sense into her, especially since Makayla was bound to give birth to the twins any day now! And all that was before the Into the Void event itself because not only did I suffer my first pin-fall loss since I lost the Bombshell Roulette Title but the woman that took the title from me threatened to end my career after the match against Tempest as a message.

There was once a day where I respected Keira, those days are long gone! Besides, before I can deal with Keira, I had two more Go Gym Graduates to deal with, two of the most overrated Bombshells in the Division’s history for that matter.

London Underground was a name synonymous with the final days of the Bombshell and Superstar Tag Team Divisions, because the teams of Charlotte Eliot and Mackenzie Page and Daniel J. Morgan and Osborne ran rough shot over what was left of the divisions! When SCW rebooted in 2018 they merged the tag divisions into the Mixed Tag Division forcing London Underground to split the title duties between themselves but it was clear that they were shells of their former selves.

Then they disappeared only to return a few years later to try to recapture their past glory, so far only Mackenzie and Daniel have seen action with Mackenzie’s most significant win being over Seleana “hey remember when I was a World Champion?” Zdunich and Daniel’s luck being as big a mixed bag as possible! The point is Charlotte and Mackenzie stuck their noses in my business by interrupting my last public workout at Into the Void XI and I issued a challenge to them for this week’s Climax Control.

Only one problem, I had burned bridges with most of my former allies! If I was still in the Saviours I’d ask Kim without hesitation because I thought we’d make for a killer team if the Bombshell Tag Division was brought back but since they are bringing back the Mixed Division instead and, well I’ll refer you to what I said earlier about The Saviours, that was a no go! Luckily I had a solution that didn’t end in me fighting two Go Gym Graduates in a handicap match! I had to go with someone who was new to the promotion, someone who was still finding her feet as a Bombshell.

Just so happened that my choice looked younger than me despite being almost forty!

”Alexandra, I understand this is last minute but I don’t have a lot of other options otherwise.” I said over the video call and the Texan woman nodded in understanding. ”Either I find a partner by Sunday or I fight London Underground in a handicap match.”

“Those aren’t great options I’ll grant you that much.” Alexandra responded as she shifted her weight and I nodded in agreement. “But what’s in it for me? We haven’t interacted that much outside of Twitter Krystal.”

”Let’s see, bragging rights over getting a tag team win over former champions right before the Mixed Tag Division gets rebooted, a chance at the spotlight, a chance to end your losing streak………” I grinned when I saw Alexandra’s face when I saw the look on Alexandra’s face, the Texan had yet to score a win since arriving in SCW which was bad enough, but then Luna cost her a win over Bea Barnhart in her singles debut, not exactly a great start to a career by any means! ”I’ll give it to you straight Alexandra, when I first arrived in SCW I went six months before I scored my first win, granted my debut was literally weeks before the 2020 holiday break but it also led to me being left off what should’ve been my Blaze of Glory debut! In other words? I’ve been there.”

“Ever consider a career in advertising? Because you sure as hell know how to sell a product.” Alexandra commented with a chuckle before she nodded. “Tell Christian that I’ll be happy to team up with you to take on London Underground but no funny business, I won’t tolerate any betrayals if things go south.”

”So long as you don’t screw things up badly for our team then we won’t have a problem.” I assured Alexandra and she nodded in understanding. ”On a side note, I know Carter’s already asked you this but how the hell do you look younger than me when you’re old enough to be my teenaged cousin’s aunt?!” I asked and Alexandra let out a slight laugh at me question.

“If I had a dollar for each time I got asked that, I wouldn’t need to wrestle.” Alexandra responded and I chuckled in response. “The long and short of it is? I’ve got good genetics, who knows? Maybe you’ll have the same when you get to my age.” Alexandra added and I winced as she said that last part, “Touchy subject?”

”Remember when everyone was piling on me for bringing up the fact that I had a crappy childhood? Saying that it didn’t excuse my actions?” I asked and Alexandra nodded after thinking for a bit. ”I didn’t even scratch the service but Carter pissed me off when he trivialised it by saying that his parents split because he’s a walking gay stereotype! My broken home goes a lot deeper than simple martial problems and I’ll leave it at that for now.”

“Even from your tone of voice, it sounds nasty enough for me to get the idea.” Alexandra nodded sympathetically and I said nothing in response. “Speaking of marital problems, how goes the situation with your wife? Makayla right?”

”She moved back to Vegas a couple of days after I returned from England, right now we’re just communicating through our lawyers and neither side is budging any closer towards signing those divorce papers.” I explained and as I shook my head and Alexandra nodded as she got the idea. ”I’m hoping that cooler heads will prevail, I’m not sure what’s going through her head but what I do know is that she’s in the final month of her pregnancy and her water could break any day now and someone might be pushing her towards finalising it on her end, I don’t know who but I have a few suspects.” I added and I brushed some hair over my shoulder and Alexandra nodded with a frown on her face. ”Technically the due date is for the end of May, but she’s carrying twins so……..”

“There’s a good chance that she’ll go into labour prematurely, right?” Alexandra asked and I nodded to confirm it. “I don’t know what more I can do on my end but I wish you luck, you really care for that woman don’t you?”

”If I didn’t I would’ve sent her home with signed divorce papers, that woman has been there for me in my darkest times and I’m doing all this to secure my family’s future, she’s just not a big fan of how I’m going about it!” I added bitterly as I shook my head. ”And before you ask, yes me and Jessica are still friends with benefits, I first met her when I was originally dating Makayla and she was okay with the whole setup at the time.” I sighed as looked at the ceiling. ”Then again, Makayla, Jessica and me were eighteen, nineteen and twenty at the time, a lot can change in that time.”

“Indeed.” Alexandra nodded before she went to end the call. “I’ll call you back on Sunday when the card gets announced, see you then Krystal.” Alexandra added before the call ended and I was left alone with my dogs Garrus and Tali, who seemed to be the only ones loyal to me right now.

Fitting for the Lone Wolfe, right?

Local bar, Grand Junction, Colorado
Monday the 15th of May 2023, 21:00pm

I always heard that American bear was awful back when I still lived in my native Australia, now that I’ve lived in America for so long I can at least confirm that to be true.

But I had to make do, Jessica was in the middle of moving to the US but that was going to take a few months even with me sponsoring her VISA, until her move was approved and she was finally able to move from the shithole known as Luton (again, her words, not mine) she would have to fly out about once a week to meet up with me to map out our plans for the next Climax Control/PPV and, well, fulfil the benefits part of the whole “friends with benefits” thing.

The only thing that made it bearable financially for Jessica was the fact that I was paying her air travel and accommodation, between the money I got from the Matthew Kennedy lawsuit last year and the money I got from Jenny Tuck on top of the money I got from my SCW pay checks I wasn’t about to run out of money any time soon so it wasn’t exactly a big deal, would I rather spend that money on upgrades for my Gaming PCs, new games or hell, upgrades for my streaming setup? Yeah, but that’s a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things.

To make a long story short, I was meeting Jessica for drinks at the bar, whether the night would end with me scissoring Jessica in my bedroom remained to be seen because everything that’s happened since Into the Void XI hasn’t exactly left me in the best of moods.

Only one problem, Jessica was taking her sweet ass time to get here and I could only keep myself hydrated on soda for so long!

”I swear to god, at this rate I’m going to be the main source of income for the bar’s supply of soda!” I muttered to myself as I swirled around the half empty glass of coke in my hand, the bar was fairly busy tonight but it was hard to miss a gorgeous woman like Jessica because she usually had the male patrons checking out her ass as she walked past them (and I know for a fact that I drew a few such gazes when I entered the bar a couple of hours ago) but alas? ”I know it’s an eight-hour flight from England but she left Luton earlier in the morning.”

“Maybe your friend is let lagged and decided to have a power nap when she arrived at her hotel?” The bartender suggested after overhearing me and as tempting as it was to tell her to mind her own business? That seemed likely.

”You’re probably right.” I commented before I heard the door to the bar open but paid it no mind, it was probably a patron heading out for a smoke or something. ”Can you get me another soda?” I asked after finishing my coke in one gulp and the bartender nodded.

“Sure thing.” The bartender nodded before she started pouring me a drink. “So, your accent, it’s Australian right?”

”She’s South Australian if you want to narrow it down.” I did a double take when I heard Cassie’s voice and span around, it wasn’t the fact that Cass had gotten into the bar that caught me off guard, she may have been underaged but even with her petite frame Cass could pass for someone who was at least twenty-one, rather it was the fact that she was here in the first place. ”Long time no see Krystal.”

”What the hell are you doing here Cass?!” I demanded from my younger cousin only breaking eye contact with the teenager long enough to pay the bartender for my drink. ”All I need to do is tell security that your underaged and you’ll be thrown out on your ass faster than you can say liability!”

”Please! If I came here to drink alcohol I would’ve brought a Fake ID with me!” Cass responded as she shook her head and I paid her no mind as I started to take a sip from my drink. ”I came to Colorado wanting answers for what you did to me at Blaze of Glory! You weren’t at your new home so I figured you’d be at a bar instead.” Cass added and I gave her a side glance. ”So, what is it Krystal? Was it all a lie……..”

Yeah I’m not putting up with that shit. ”Bartender can you get security? This girl is nineteen years old and she didn’t even have the common courtesy to bring a Fake ID with her!” I asked the bartender and she quickly nodded before she walked off, minutes later Cass was being dragged out by security who were probably going to get an earful from their boss for not double checking that a teenager wasn’t about to enter their bar. ”Sorry about that, she’s my cousin and a handful at that.”

“Hey, I wouldn’t have thought twice about her being old enough to drink to be fair! She looks at least two years older.” The bartender shrugged her shoulders in response and I sighed, a few minutes later Jessica would text me to say that she had indeed had a power nap from being jet lagged as soon as she arrived at the hotel and after agreeing to rearrange our drinking plans for another night.

But for me? The night was far from over.

Outside the bar, Grand Junction, Colorado
Monday the 15th of May 2023, 21:30pm

Knowing that my planned drinking buddy wasn’t going to make it tonight forced me to call it a night early, as soon as I finished my last soda I left the var and planned to head straight back to my home.

And off course, Cass was waiting for me! This time she was sitting on the hood of my car with her arms crossed.

”Are you fucking serious Cass?!” I demanded as I marched up to her upon seeing the teenage prodigy. ”I thought I made the message clear that I have no interest in this conversation! Are you really this immature?!”

”Yeah because having me thrown out of a bar for asking you a question is clearly the peak of maturity!” Cassie responded as she rolled her eyes and I just shook my head in response.  ”I’m here in Grand Junction for two things, one: to get some reps in at the latest school you’ve burned bridges with and the other thing is to get answers! Trust me Charlotte, I’ll follow you all the way to Las Vegas for this Sunday’s Climax Control if it means getting my answers!”

I could already feel my headache coming on, I guess stubbornness was a trait that ran in my family! ”You have five minutes, tops! After that? I don’t want to see you for the rest of the week!” I added and Cassie’s eyes narrowed as she hopped off the hood of my car. ”Do I make myself clear?”

”Or what? You’ll break my arm?”[/font] Cassie demanded as she held out her arm and I said nothing in response. ”What’s the matter Charlotte? Not so brave when a nineteen-year-old wrestler can fight back and call your bluff? I saw what you did to those girls in Scotland, Romania and London, I’m not afraid of you!”[/font]

”That had nothing to do with you!” I insisted and if Cassie rolled her eyes any harder they’d probably got to the back of her head! ”They were to send a message to the rest of the Bombshell Roster, that’s it!”

”Nothing to do with me? Bullshit! You targeted Jenny and Robyn because they were the same age as me! Don’t insult my intelligence Charlotte because I’m through being the butt of your jokes!” Cassie demanded and I said nothing in response as the teenager let out several deep breaths. ”I just want to know one fucking thing! The training, the times you came to my defence, the pride you felt when I graduated from Hero Academy and won my first two titles!” Cassie added and I frowned as the teenager was clearly getting upset, to the point that she used her jacket’s sleeve to wipe some tears from her eyes. ”Was it all a lie?! I know you faked your friendship with Carter and Ariana but would you fake being there for your younger cousin as well?!”

I may be a bitch but Cassie’s emotional state cut through to me, after a few minutes to let Cassie compose herself I had my answer. ”No.” I responded simply and Cassie did a double take. ”My reactions to all of those events were genuine, I only lied about my friendship with Team Go!”

I went to enter my car thinking that Cassie would be satisfied with that answer, spoiler alert? She wasn’t. ”THEN WHY THE FUCK DID YOU ATTACK ME?!” Cassie demanded as she put herself in between me and the driver’s said door and I frowned, on paper I had this potential fight in the bag, I was taller and bigger than Cass, stronger too, but on the other hand we were both trained fighters, she could easily turn a fight around on me with the training she had received. ”Do you have any idea what that did for my mental health?! I had to constantly reassure my mom that I wasn’t suicidal! Keira went out of her way to baby me in the weeks that followed Blaze of Glory, WHY?!”

”Because you needed a god damn reality check Cass!” I snapped at her as I marched up to the shorter woman and Cass stood her ground. ”What you were planning to do in MPW would’ve made my current actions in SCW look like I was poking a poodle! I spent the rest of 2022 miserable because you went out of your way to enlist Keira’s help and only checked on me once, immediately after I lost the Roulette Title! I may have fallen out with Whisper, Kat and Kim but they were right on the money when they said that you did the bare minimum to make sure I was all right in the aftermath of my last title defence!” I pushed pass Cass and she let me go seemingly satisfied with my answers. ”At least I checked on you after you lost the MPW TV Title! At least I made sure your mental health was okay in the weeks that followed! You and Keira didn’t even have that courtesy! And you call yourself my cousin?!”

With that final point I opened the door the Quash Quai and entered the car, once the door was closed and I went to start the car Cass tapped on the driver’s side window and I rolled down the window. ”Just one last thing Charlotte, you called me your cousin?” Cassie asked and I blinked a couple of times before nodding. ”Might want to talk to my mom about that, because Keira was telling the truth!”

”What the hell are you talking about?!” I demanded but Cassie was long gone after that statement, and soon afterwards? So was I.

What the hell did the rest of the cycle have in store for me?!

Krystal’s home, Grand Junction, Colorado
Tuesday the 16th of May 2023, 11:00am

*promo time*

Here we go.

”Gotta say, I was expecting London Underground to come back sooner considering how I roasted them in Scotland but I guess it’s poetic that they returned in London!” I stated as folded my arms with a frown on my face. ”Now I wasn’t about to face an established SCW team like Charlotte and Mackenzie alone but I’ve burned bridges with so many Bombshells at this point that I needed to go with an outsider for my partner! Luckily, Alexandra Callaway was just desperate enough to break her losing streak that she jumped at the chance!”

But first?

”Now as a music fan, I do have a music analogy for London Underground’s return, a bit of a long winded one but it will get the point across.” I said as I flipped some hair over my shoulder. ”The return of London Underground is like some obscure 80s band reuniting for the anniversary of an album that no one listened to, everyone got excited at first until the time came for them to perform and everyone remembered how terrible they are! In other words, the return of London Underground won’t be looked back on fondly, it’ll be remembered as The Underwhelming Return! Something that will be reinforced when a brand-new team defeats them!”

And I’m being generous!

”I mean really, what have the individual members done since they returned? Daniel wrestles so infrequently that I sometimes forget that he has an SCW Contract, Osbourne has done fuck all and Mackenzie has been the one doing the leg work for the women because apparently Charlotte is too lazy to get back into the ring unless Mackenzie does all the leg work! Hence this tag team match!”  I commented as I shook my head. ”It’s a sad state of affairs when as far as the Go Gym Graduates go, they are only slightly more relevant than Adrienne fucking Beaufort!”

Don’t believe me?

”But I guess the proof will ultimately be in the pudding, won’t it? The bosses booked this tag team match after Charlotte and Mackenzie stuck their noses in my business at Into the Void and it comes down to me and Alexandra to put those two idiots in their place.” I added as I flipped some hair over my shoulder. ”Because ultimately? These idiots will just be two more victims on my path to eliminating the past to benefit the future because the stars of yesterday’s Bombshell Division have been hogging the spotlight from the stars of today’s Bombshell Division for too long, and it’s time I put a stop to it!”

It's that simple.

”It really is sad when Charlotte and Mackenzie are the best Go Gym Graduates available who don’t have anything better to do, isn’t it?” I asked rhetorically as I paced around the room. ”Charlotte, Mackenzie, I’m going to keep this short and sweet, when I send you back to Gabriel with your tails between your legs and kicking your overrated asses all over the very cassino that Daniel owns, tell him that I expect better than the team who only dominated the Bombshell Tag Division after all the best teams were gone!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

”And let’s be honest, that’s if I don’t decide to do everyone a favour and shut you morons up for good!” I stated as I leaned against the wall with my arms crossed. ”Alexandra may complain about being stuck with the Bombshell everyone hates as a partner, but frankly it’s her ticket to being remembered as mor than the Bombshell who lose her singles debut to Bea Barnhart! And as for the hate thing? I’m fine with that, because I’m no longer in SCW to make friends, I’m in SCW to make money and better my career and once Charlotte and Mackenzie learn to beware the Ides of March, they’ll wish they had stayed retired! See you on Sunday!”

I turned off the camera as the scene fades.