Author Topic: “The Tune Up!”  (Read 885 times)

Offline Krystal Wolfe

• View Profile
“The Tune Up!”
« on: February 13, 2023, 08:07:29 PM »
(Keira was used with permission from her handler)

Krystal had a great match against Roxi but even in defeat there was controversy as Chelsea LeClair made her presence known, apparently defending the former SCW Bombshell Andrea Hernandez in the process! Krystal hasn’t had much nice things to say about Andrea to say the least as the two women have never gotten along but now a match has been booked for Blaze of Glory XI between Chelsea and Krystal!

Before that though? Krystal had requested a warmup match and had gotten it in the form of Dawn Warren! A newcomer to the Bombshell Division who debuted during the Open Invitational Rumble at Inception VI alongside Chelsea, Dawn was impressive in her official debut outing against Luna Vanity! Can Krystal secure her first win of the year ahead of the grudge match against Chelsea?

Krystal’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 13th of February 2023, 17:00pm

Last night’s show was certainly something.

It was great to see my friends Ariana Angelos and HB Carter get the win and let’s face it, Ariana needed the pick me up after losing the Roulette Title at Inception VI and the momentum boost will undoubtedly give her a massive leg up on Kayla and Melissa! That said? I’ve had my problems with another woman who competed in the Open Invitational Match, all because I made certain comments about a former Bombshell.

Turns out the biggest egomaniac in the Bombshell Division’s History doesn’t like her ego being bruised, who’d have thought?

My problems with Chelsea LeClair will have to wait until Blaze of Glory XI though because first on my list is a warm up match that I requested during the show, and appropriately enough it’s against another woman who made her debut in the Open Invitational Match in Dawn Warren! I’ll admit, I’ve been impressed with what little I’ve seen of Dawn’s work but she’s going to find me a lot more difficult to deal with than Luna Vanity! The fact that Chelsea is taking on Melissa later in the show just makes the penultimate show of the cycle that much more interesting.

And all this is happening whilst Cassie’s wrestling career has been upended by MPW closing their doors, yeah, it hasn’t been a good year for the Wolfe Pack.

”Any word from Andrea?” Makayla’s voice rang out and I glanced up at my wife as she entered my gaming/streaming room, in case you can’t do the math, Makayla is six months pregnant right now and to say that she’s got a very noticeable bump on her belly is an understatement! I shook my head in response and Makayla frowned. ”So all she’s done is subtweet you since Climax Control #353 went off the air?”

”You know that if Andrea had any balls she would’ve returned to SCW rather than sending Chelsea is her place!” I responded before pausing to consider my choice of words. ”Metaphorical balls that is! Look I’m not doubting Chelsea’s talent as a wrestler but I am doubting her taste in friends! You remember what my relationship with Andrea was like during her time in SCW.”

”What I remember is Andrea being the main catalyst for you being so defensive about your title reign.” Makayla responded as she shook her head and as much as I hated to admit it, my wife was right on the money, I still had a lot of resentment towards Andrea over what she said about my reign as Bombshell Roulette Champion. ”Besides, you’ve got Dawn to worry about next week and she debuted in the rumble as well.”

”All I’m saying to that is if that was unintentional then I’m eating my game collection!” I responded as I shook my head before glancing at the game collection which encompassed most of gaming generations! The only years I didn’t cover were the extremely early years and that’s because it’s surprisingly difficult to find a working console from that generation today. ”Dawn seems to be the black sheep of the Warrens, namely in that she’s a good kid and a hell of a talent, but she’s facing a former champion on Sunday and with all due respect to Luna? I’ll be her first real test!”

”And if anyone can pass that test with flying colours it’s you.” Makayla responded with a grin before the Greek-Australian woman felt something in her belly and glanced down at it. ”The girls have started kicking.”

When I heard that I stood up and gent down to place my ear against Makayla’s belly, seconds later I felt the kick and took a step back. ”Are you sure the doner wasn’t a martial artist of some kind because they’ve got a hell of a kick to them.” I joked getting a laugh out of Makayla as I helped myself up.

”I hope not because I’d hate to see what my insides look like once the pregnancy’s over!” Makayla responded with a grin before our adopted daughter Rachel stepped into view and we glanced over at her. ”Do you want something sweetheart?” Makayla asked as she turned to Rachel.

“I’m getting hungry.” Rachel responded and after glancing at the time on my computer clock I realized that it was getting close to dinner time.

”I’ll see what we’ve got in the fridge and take it from there.” I responded before I followed them downstairs to sort dinner out.

Hero Academy, Las Vegas, Nevada
Tuesday the 14th of February 2023, 14:00pm

Well, at least the future looks bright for the trainees here.

Keira asked me if I wanted to sit in a session at Hero Academy alongside Cassie today and, well, with MPW closing down we’ve both found ourselves with a lot more free time on our plates and thus, here we are! Apparently there was an incident between the Polish twins Kata and Aniela and Jessie’s younger cousin Harper last week but I wasn’t exactly privy to that information so I didn’t ask either of the three trainees.

Granted said trainees were currently in sparring matches as Harper took on Kata and Aniela sparred with Cassie’s girlfriend Zoey but even if they were free I wasn’t about to ask them about what had gone down the week before.

“Kata, watch the footwork! If you don’t work on your footwork you’ll never keep up with the more experienced wrestlers.” Keira called out to the older of the twin sisters as she ran the ropes whilst me and Cassie watched on. “So, have you guys figured out what your going to do now that MPW is closed?”

”Well, for one thing Cassie’s still pissed off that she’s never going to get that rematch for the TV Title and that you essentially cracked her ribs for nothing.” I responded with a shrug and Cassie nodded to confirm what I was saying. ”Other than that we’re focussed on getting Cassie back on her feet.”

”Which at the moment translates to me waiting for my next PWS: Apex match to be announced and that Twelve Person Tag Team Match to air on the other SCW.” Cassie chimed in as Harper was whipped into the corner by Kata, the taller of the two girls ducked out of the way of the incoming charge but Kata was quick on her feet and ran up the turnbuckle rather than collide chest first with it. ”Don’t know if I’m going to join a new fed yet but…….” Now, I couldn’t speak Polish and neither could Keira or Cassie but when we heard Kata cry out in her native language after her leg buckled following a backflip off the top rope? Yeah, I’d say it was a safe bet that she was swearing in her native language as she clutched her leg in pain.

And it didn’t take me or Keira long to figure out that something was wrong because Harper looked horrified, I sent Cassie over to get Kata’s sister whilst me and Keira rolled into the ring. ”Kata, what’s wrong?” I asked the Polish girl who was literally crying in pain, her leg must’ve been hurting like a bitch.

“I’ve done that spot several times over the past few weeks, never had any problems.” Kata grunted in response as she grasped her leg in pain, we were soon joined by Kata’s younger twin sister as Aniela rushed to her sister’s side. “Only this time? My leg just buckled as I landed.”

“Kata, can you move your hands so I can get a better look?” Keira asked and Kata reluctantly moved her hands and frankly? If it wasn’t broken I’d be surprised as the leg was bent at an unnatural angle and the look on her sister’s face told me that she was thinking the same thing we were. “Jesus Christ, that looks bad.” Keira winced once she looked at Kata’s bad leg. “Aniela, get your sister to the medical bay, I’ll check on you after class!” Keira instructed the Polish girl who quickly nodded before resting Kata’s arm over her shoulder before helping her out of the ring and Harper did her part to help out by holding down the ring ropes for the sisters. “Cassie, get in here! I know this is last minute but you’re sparring with Harper for now!”

”Good thing I thought to get changed into my wrestling gear.” Cassie responded with a nod before she slid into the ring and greeted the taller girl with a nod.

”Just one problem, you’ve left Zoey without an opponent.” I commented to Keira once we left the ring and I motioned to Zoey, the biracial girl was clearly concerned for her classmate but had been left on her own in the ring. ”And unlike Cassie? I didn’t bring my gear with me.”

“I’ve already thought of that, there’s a new girl who’s been showing a lot of promise lately.” Keira responded before she glanced over to the crowd of newbies before her eyes rested on a redhead girl. “Tammy? Get in the ring with Zoey.”

“What? Now?!” Tammy asked clearly not expecting to be called on, her accent was Australian but I couldn’t put my finger on where it was from, once Keira nodded the young girl quickly made her way over to the sparring ring where Zoey was waiting for her.

”So, I’ve seen similar injuries happen at the Go Gym, both back when I was training and when I’ve been preparing for a match there.” I commented as I turned to Keira once the sparring matches were back on, even though the other students were clearly concerned for Kata. ”What’s the best- and worst-case scenarios for Kata?”

“Worst case should be self-explanatory, if it’s a break then depending on the severity then it might mean the end of Kata’s wrestling dream.” Keira responded with a sad sigh as she glanced over at Kata. “I’ve had to expel students for bad behaviour with the most notable example being Taylor Parker AKA Skylar’s older sister, but Kata would be the first one to have to drop out of training due to injury, it’s funny. I’ve come close to expelling the twins a few times because of their attitude and behaviour but at the same time, thar’s something I wouldn’t wish on any trainee.”

”Yeah, and if her career is ended before it’s started thanks to the injury then she’s going to spend the rest of her life lamenting the wrestling career she could’ve had.” I nodded as I got the idea and Keira sighed before nodding. ”Best case is that she’s given a clean bill of health to return to training once her leg’s healed?”

“Even if she’s given a clean bill of health I’ll have to put her on the injured reserve list like I did with Harper over the Christmas holidays, you saw how she came down on that leg and how it was afterwards.” Keira responded and I had to agree, Kata was an athletic girl and had clearly practiced that backflip a few times, but the way her leg buckled and looked after the fact had us both worried. “As I said, Kata can be a pain in the ass, but she’s a good kid under all that attitude and as you saw during her match with Harper, she has a lot of talent, all I can really hope is that she’s able to resume training once her leg has healed up.”

”Here’s hoping, for her sake.” I nodded in response before we resumed watching the sparring match.

Hero Academy, Las Vegas, Nevada
Tuesday the 13th of February 2023, 18:00pm

To put it simply, this wasn’t how I saw my day ending.

I figured I’d stick around for a few hours, give the trainees a motivational speech or two about following your dreams and then head home to call it a night and work on my promo for the match against Dawn, instead a freak accident in the ring left one of the trainees with a possible broken leg which could’ve meant the end of her career before it even started! For all of Kata’s attitude problems, it wasn’t something I was about to wish on any trainee, much less someone who moved to the US to train like I did a few years ago.

Officially speaking the session was over and normally at this point everyone would be heading home, me included, but Kata’s injury had had a profound impact on the morale of the rest of the trainees and most of them were sticking around to see if she was okay, especially Harper and Kata’s younger sister Aniela.

The four of us were sitting outside the medical wing whilst Keira was in there with Kata and the doctor, at the last update an ambulance had been called for Kata after it was confirmed that her leg was broken by the doctor but everyone was still waiting in silence.

That is until Harper spoke up. ”I feel fucking awful!” Harper commented with a frustrated sigh as we turned to the Floridian teen. ”Like Kata’s injury is all my fault!”

“I’m not blaming you Harper, that was a freak accident.” Aniela tried to reassure Harper and we turned to the youngest of the two Polish girls. “She’s done that backflip off the top turnbuckle several times, this just happened to be the one time it went wrong.”

”Aniela I get what your trying to say but I was the one who suggested that idea to Kata in the first place.” Harper admitted as she took a moment to fix her ponytail. ”I figured it could be a cool spot for Kata, follow it up with an arm drag or a dropkick or something similar, I never thought it would lead to this.”

”I understand why you are blaming yourself but it’s not going to help you in the long run Harper and I can assure you that Jessie will say the same thing.” I chimed in and Harper glanced over at me as did Aniela. ”The only thing we can do right now is hope for the best.”

”Trust me, I saw injuries end careers when I was doing amateur wrestling in high school, it sucked back then, especially when it’s from a match against you, and it sucks now.” Harper let out an aggravated sigh as she finished fixing her ponytail. ”And regardless of what Jessie says, I’ll be spending the rest of the day wishing I had done things differently.”

”I know it’s not even remotely the same thing but I’ve come to feel the same way about my actions after I lost the TV Title.” Cassie admitted as she let out a sigh. ”The fact that I nearly burned every bridge I had built in MPW for nothing doesn’t exactly help, I’ll admit that, but it’s still something that can happen.”

”I guess your right Cass, for now all we can do is sit and wait.” Harper sighed in response and a few minutes later paramedics rushed by with a stretcher in hand, they entered the medic’s office and whilst we couldn’t see them it was clear that they were loading Kata onto the stretcher so they could get her to hospital and Aniela rushed after them without another word, another couple of seconds passed and Keira emerged from the medic’s office. ”So, what’s the word?” Harper broke the silence and Keira turned to her.

“We won’t know anything until Kata’s leg gets x-rayed but it’s likely that she’ll be out for the rest of the year if she’s lucky.” Keira responded and Harper didn’t exactly do a good job of hiding how she felt as she glanced down at the floor with a sad look in her eyes, Keira caught onto this and walked up to Jessie’s cousin before sitting down opposite her. “Harper, you know you can talk to me about anything, if you’ve got something on your chest it’s in your best interest to get it off.”

”I feel like it’s my fault that Kata got hurt.” Harper admitted as she glanced up at Keira who motioned for her to continue. ”I suggested that backflip move to her a few weeks ago, if I hadn’t she would’ve never broke her leg!”

“I’m guessing you guys told her that it isn’t Harper’s fault?” Keira asked us and me and Cassie nodded to confirm it. “Then I’ll say the same thing, Harper that was a freak accident, you couldn’t have known that was going to happen.”

”It still happened whilst she was sparring with me though. Even after what happened between me and the twins last week I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.” Harper added as she let out a sigh and Keira gave the young trainee a sympathetic look. ”I’m not letting this one incident end my career but I still need time to clear my head.”

“Off course Harper, if you need me you can message me on Twitter.” Keira nodded in understanding before she turned to me and Cassie. “I doubt that’s how you wanted to spend Valentine's Day guys but thanks for coming in today all the same.”

”No offence but in hindsight I would’ve preferred spending the day with Makayla, and I’m sure Cassie feels the same way about Becky and Zoey.” I responded as I shook my head and once Cassie nodded to confirm that that was what she was thinking Keira did nothing whilst the look in her eyes said she understood. ”On that note, I’d better head home, got a promo to work on.”

”And whilst mom understands why I’m staying at Hero Academy a bit longer, I don’t think she can put off dinner any later than this.” Cassie responded as she checked the time on her iPhone and Keira nodded in understanding. ”Just remember Harp, you’ve got my number if you want a chat.”

”I will, thanks Cass.” Harper nodded in response before we all left Hero Academy.

Driving Cassie home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Tuesday the 14th of February 2023, 18:23pm

It wasn’t that far relatively speaking to Cassie’s home but it was far enough from Hero Academy that her walking home was out of the question even without her bad leg, still on the way home I decided to check on her.

”Look, I know you’ve had leg problems of your own Cass, which is why I want to ask you this.” I stated after turning down Jonathon Young’s cover of “Great Divide” by Linkin Park and Cassie turned to me. ”How are you feeling after what happened to Kata?”

”Honestly Charlotte? It gave me flashbacks to when I got my leg injury in high school.” Cassie admitted as she brushed some hair over her shoulder. ”It kinda happened the same way to boot, I got tackled and my leg just buckled under my body weight as I tried to get back up! It was meant to be a friendly practice and [the student got expelled for her trouble but that’s not the kind of injury that ever goes away.”/color] Cassie added as she leaned on the door to glance out the window. ”Even if Kata makes a full recovery and manages to complete her training, that leg will give her trouble throughout her career! Trust me, my leg still gives me trouble and it got broken about three, four years ago now.”

”When you were fifteen/sixteen?” I summarised and Cassie nodded to confirm that I had guessed her age right, given that her birthday’s in July her exact age would determine when that fateful soccer practice took place. ”What was that girl trying to achieve by tacking you so hard during a soccer practice?”

”I had a rivalry of sorts with her, we were both vying to be the captain of the soccer team, I was faster on the pitch, she was better at scoring goals.” Cassie admitted as she shook her head and I nodded as I got the idea. ”It started off friendly enough but it soon turned bitter, in the end neither of us got that team captain position because my broken leg ended my soccer career and she got expelled like I said.”

”Life can be cruel like that.” I responded as I gave me cousin a sympathetic look. ”Have you seen her since?”

”That’s the freaky part, that red head trainee who took Aniela’s place against Zoey? Same girl!” Cassie admitted and I have her a surprised look. ”It didn’t click with me at first until I heard her accent, but because of Kata’s injury I never got much of a chance to talk to Tammy.”

”You’ll get another chance, and I’m sure Tammy regrets that tackle considering how badly it fucked up her own life.” I responded with a nod and Cassie grinned in response. ”Who knows? Maybe you two can make amends?”

”If she hasn’t changed since high school we might need someone from the UN to come down to negotiate peace between us!” Cassie joked and I shook my head with a chuckle. ”Maybe your right though, I’m not the same girl I was back then, before I got hooked on medicinal weed I was a lot more level headed!”

”No offence but I literally can’t imagine that and before we met up again in 2021 I had known you up util you were eleven!” I responded with a chuckle and Cassie grinned in response. ”Stilll, you were able to come back from your injury and have a successful career, there might be hope for Kata yet.”

”My leg break wasn’t that bad compared to Kata’s, but I get your point.” Cassie nodded in response before I paused the Spotify playlist as we were nearing Cassie’s home. ”And for all her attitude problems? That’s still something I wouldn’t wish on anyone! Trust me, I’ve been there, having a promising sports career cut short due to injury fucking sucks!”

”All I’m going to say is that I think Kata needs all the friends she can get right now to help her get through this, she already has Aniela by her side but any further support that girl can get will be an immense boost to her mental health over the next few months.” I responded and Cassie nodded in agreement before we pulled up to Cassie’s home and I stopped outside her house. ”Tell Ruth I said hi.”

”Will do! See you tomorrow Charlotte!” Cassie responded before she got out of the car, grabbed the duffel bag containing her gear from the trunk and went into her home whilst I drove off.

Nevada Desert, Las Vegas, Nevada
Wednesday the 15th of February 2023, 15:00pm

*promo time*

How did I end of in this situation?

”I’ll admit, coming off the Open Invitational Rumble, I didn’t know what to expect heading into the first cycle of the year.” I admitted as I paced around the dessert area that I had picked for my promo location. ”Even after my rematch with Roxi got announced two weeks ago I had no idea what was ahead of me, at least until Chelsea LeClair proved that friends of Andrea Hernandez might be worse at carrying a grudge than me! But I’m not here to talk about my match against Chelsea because Blaze of Glory XI is just a few weeks away! I’m here to talk about The Tune Up!”

Here we go.

”That’s right, I got my wish for a tune up match this week on Climax Control as I take on Dawn Warren of the infamous Warren clan! Anyone who’s followed SCW over the past few years will be familiar with the Warren clan by reputation alone and let’s just say that it’s not exactly a flattering reputation.” I commented a I shook my head. ”Hell! Even THAT might be putting it mildly! But Dawn seems to be the odd one out in the Warren clan, when she did her promos for the Open Invitational Match I was surprised that there was a member of the Warren clan who was a decent person! It’s almost enough for me to ask if you’re the one they don’t bring up at parties Dawn but let’s not get that extreme about it!”

This is a wrestling match after all.

”I know from your performance in the Invitational and your debut against Luna that you’re a talented young woman Dawn, just the kind of warm up match I need heading into a match against someone like Chelsea but let’s make one thing clear, just because I’m calling this my tune up match doesn’t mean I’m taking you lightly Dawn!” I commented as I shook my head. ”Trust me, I’ve been there, I was a newcomer who others took lightly! One idiot even said that the reign that made my career wouldn’t make it past my first defence but she was soon left with egg on her face when I proved her wrong! Here’s what I expect from you Dawn, I expect you to give me one hell of a match this Sunday night because I’m not going to take it easy on you either!”

Don’t make that mistake,

”Because Dawn? I get it, you’re young, excitable and want to prove yourself to the rest of the Bombshell Roster! Your also facing a former champion and a Go Gym Graduate in your second match in the company! To say that I’m a bit of a step up from Luna is an understatement quite frankly and as Luna demonstrated in her match against Ari and Carter alongside Raven last Sunday? She’s no slouch in the ring either!” I added as I folded my arms and looked at the camera. ”But trust me Dawn if you want to even stand a chance of beating me on Sunday you’ll have to bring you’re a-game otherwise you’ll be tossed aside as I move on to my first PPV singles match of the year, do you want that to be the outcome of your second SCW Match Dawn? I didn’t think so!”

Bring your best!

”In other words? Bring your best or don’t bother showing up at all because I’m entering this match with two goals in mind! One: bounce back from my loss to Roxi two weeks ago, two: get some momentum going for my match against Chelsea at Blaze of Glory XI! I hate to treat you as an afterthought Dawn because you’ve clearly got talent but this is your chance to prove that you can hang with the established Bombshells of the division, don’t drop the ball if you want to make your mark/” I added as I shook my head. ”I made that mistake when I first joined SCW at the tail end of that dumpster fire of a year that was 2020 and it took me months to recover from it! I had a hell of a comeback story after that but trust me, that’s not something I wish on anyone, especially not someone as sweet as you Dawn so I repeat what I said, bring your best or don’t show up!”

Simple enough, right?

”Dawn I get that your still young into your career and all but make no mistake, I treat every new opponent with the same brush and once we step into the ring this Sunday Night? Your Sink or Swim moment will begin and you had better hope that you can swim with the big fishes on the Bombshell Roster!” I added as I leaned against my car. ”Otherwise? You’ll just be a tasty snack for the sharks of the division and trust me, you don’t want that, I’m sure we’ll have a great match Dawn because you were impressive last Sunday but I’m out to send a message to Chelsea with this win and no newcomer is going to get in my way of that goal!”

It's that simple!

”Just a quick little note for Chelsea, I know your facing Melissa in the same show so I should warn you, I will be watching that match to watch for any chinks in your armour and I suggest that you do the same for my match with Dawn!” I added as I sat on the bonnet. ”As for you Dawn? Welcome to your first real test as a Bombshell,, you beat Luna in your debut match, that was impressive, but this is your chance to prove that beating fellow newcomers isn’t all you can do and I suggest that you listen to the advice that I’ve been dispensing throughout this promo, otherwise?”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

”Well, you see this bug?” I asked as I motioned to a bug that had been crawling on my bonnet, I considered crushing it but decided it wasn’t worth the headache from PETA and merely picked it up before throwing it as hard as I could. ”Otherwise you’ll be tossed aside as easily as that bug! This may be a tune up for a match against an unknown rival but I’m taking it as seriously as a heart attack and as I turn the page on this section of my SCW Story? You will be struck down by the Down Under Thunderbomb!”

I got in my car and drove off as the scene fades.