Author Topic: Asterisk the 28th: Weather Report  (Read 259 times)

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
Asterisk the 28th: Weather Report
« on: March 11, 2016, 11:59:28 PM »
 Blog: A Series of Unfortunate Events, The Fifth: No Mistakes, Only Happy Accidents
semana del 28 de febrero al 6 de marzo de 2 016

Mercedes Vargas, Bombshell Internet Champion.

You know, I kinda like the sound of that. It wasn't easy, but it was worth it.

Defeating Alexis Edwards twice is no small feat either, but at the end of our match at My Bloody Valentine II, there I stood with my head held high, my hand raised in victory and another championship reign to start off the new year. I just wish it didn't come down to what happened near the end of the match.

Alexis had to practically kill herself just to beat me and I don't think I could ever forgive myself had she broken her neck, or worse. Somehow, it seems like every time I win or defend a title, someone usually gets injured.

When I won my first title at High Stakes III to become Bombshell Roulette Champion in October 2013, Traci Patterson tripped herself on the ropes and suffered a concussion that put on her the shelf for over a month.

When Delia and I won the World Bombshell Tag Titles at Climax Control 116 in July last year, Delia didn't come out of that match without a few bumps and bruises, and part of that was due to Veronica and Amanda beatdown on her two weeks before the title match.

I'm sure there were other moments, but I'm beginning to think that maybe winning championships may not be such a good idea after all at the health of my opponents. The good news is that Alexis was a little shaken up, but after an overnight stay or two, she made it out in one piece. The bad news is, well, her attitude hasn't changed one bit, and those that follow her had to hear her grumbles and gripes during the week. #GrumpyAlexis.

What? I'm starting a trend here!

Anyway, the first Climax Control following My Bloody Valentine is just around the corner and not a moment too soon. Not only is the road to Blaze of Glory starting, but the annual Blast From the Past Tournament begins this week. Now, obviously, I'm super excited because this is my second time being in the tournament as a singles champion, but also because when they revealed the teams, I found out I was teaming with Derek Thorne. We even have our official team nickname: Blackthorne! Now how cool is that! [Thanks, Benji!
]

That aside, Derek and I drew the team of Connor Murphy and Melanie Gabrielle and they are no joke. Connor is one of the surviving members of one of the most memorable stables of all time and Melanie has risen up the ranks of the Bombshells Division in such a short time. She was unbeaten for six months at one time, won her first title three months after her debut and was a few months shy of breaking my Bombshell Roulette title reign! That is how good she is. In fact, both she and her tag partner Lucy Seraphina are good and they certainly gave Roxi and Keira a run for their money at the supershow for the Bombshell Tag Titles.

Connor and Melanie are making their debuts in the this year's tournament while Derek appeared in the first two tournaments and I'm one of three Bombshells to make their second straight appearance. I want to say that our experience trumps our opponents here., but anything can happen in wrestling. Long story short, Mel made me submit and not only is she and Connor moving on to the next round, but we'll be seeing each other again, with my title on the line. Now while I consider myself a fighting champion, that match would be cool and all. I just didn't think it would be this early, and that's mostly on me. Derek and I matched up pretty well in our match and he wanted so badly to move on, but it just didn't happen.

The tournament field is already narrowed down to eight teams following last week.

I wasn't kidding when I said this year's tournament was going to be brutal on Twitter.

As for me, I'm looking forward to facing Melanie again. I would be foolish underestimating her after she got me once. But at the same time, this is familiar territory. I've held championships before, faced title defenses before and Melanie Gabrielle may be a different kind of Bombshell, but I've faced her type before also.

They say first defenses are the hardest. They couldn't be more right when it comes to my upcoming match.

Melanie, hope you're ready for us at Climax Control 142, because I sure will be!

Su reina ha hablado!

~ ~ ~

[We fade in our scene to view a deck of playing cards illuminated by a light fixture above the table. A woman holding playing cards hides her face. She peaks her eyes through the cards, showing the intense stare of her dark brown eyes as the person sitting across from her throws their cards to the center of the table.]

“Full House. Beat that."

[What was once a brief smile disappears into shock. Shaking her head, she glanced at the smug expression coming from across the table before peering at her cards again. Knowing that this was the end, she set her cards on top of the pile.

“Well, that is tough to beat. Will an Ace, King, Queen, Jack and a 10 do the job?”

“Damn it. Royal flush!”

[Mercedes offers a sly smile, mouthing the words "told you" as Jorge buries his face in hands.]

MERCEDES:
Te metiste en camisa de once baras este tiempo.
{You bit off more than you can chew this time.}

JORGE:
Te odio...
{I hate you...}

MERCEDES:
No siempre se puede ganar. No hay vergüenza en perder.
{You can’t win them all. There's no shame in losing.}

JORGE:
Para ti es fácil decirlo. Me derrotó dos veces.
{Easy for you to say. You beat me twice.}

MERCEDES:
Tres veces. Pero quién lleva la cuenta?
{Three times. But who’s counting?}

JORGE:
Cállate! Sólo ganó porque...
{Shut up! You only won because...}

MERCEDES:
Porque...?
{Because...?”}

JORGE:
Hacerle ganar!
{I let you win!}

MERCEDES:
Bueno, si eso te ayuda a dormir por la noche, que está bien para mí...
{Well, if it helps you to sleep at night, that’s fine with me.}

JORGE:
Mejor tres de cada cinco?
{Best three out of five?}

MERCEDES:
No.

JORGE:
Mejor de siete?
{Four out of seven?}

MERCEDES:
OK.

JORGE:
Es verdad?
{Really?}

MERCEDES:
No.

[Mercedes stands to her feet, stretching, before crossing her arms over her chest.]

MERCEDES:
It's getting late, and I got a flight to catch tomorrow.

JORGE:
You mean to Tucson? Why fly when you can drive?

MERCEDES:
I think I'll pass. Now, as much as I love the scenic route, eight to ten hours of driving is brutal.

[Jorge raise an eyebrow as he prepares to leave.]

JORGE:
You mean to Tucson? Why fly when you can drive?

MERCEDES:
So, same time next week?

JORGE:
You're going down, Mercedes!

MERCEDES:
Let's keep praying, huh?

~ ~ ~

Blog: A Series of Unfortunate Events, The Sixth: And So it Begins
semana del 6 al 13 de marzo de 2 016

Lightning never strikes the same place twice.

At least, that's how the saying goes, right? You could point out that time when The Freakettes bested Traci and I when we lost and failed to regain the World Bombshell Tag Team Championship or the time when Crystal Millar defeated me on two occasions in singles and a triple threat sandwiched in between them. Well, if once is a fluke and twice is a coincidence, is three times a pattern?

But back to the subject at hand. While that whole lightning proverb would hold some weight, the funny thing is that saying also proves to be untrue.

Title defense number one. No pressure, right? I mean, I've been through this so many times I can do this blindfolded. Well, not really, but you get what I'm saying. Still, I can't help this sinking feeling as my defense is days away. It's a feeling I don't get very often.

The case of the 'what ifs.”

Normally, I don't ask myself the “what if” question before every match. Most of the time it's as if those two words doesn't exist. I'm confident enough to know that what if won't make a difference because I'm walking out the winner, and still. But with Climax Control days away, that nagging feeling is still there. I try to keep a clear mind, but I can't help but ask myself those “what ifs this time around.”

What if Melanie beats me again? Hell, what if she beats me in the rematch? What if winning the Bombshell Internet title from Alexis was all for nothing? What if I join Roxi, Amy, and Lucy for the shortest reign? I know I'm good enough to keep a title for more than 28 days.

Becoming a Grand Slam Champion is something I've never accomplished in my career. After My Bloody Valentine, I'm one title away from doing that. While Melanie does pose a tough challenge, I can't  just let my reign end like that. I'm better than that. And Melanie, I know you know that too, don't you?  Clearly, you don't expect me to slip up a second time, especially when a title is at stake? I think that's where I'm at my best. You expect that much from me, Mel, and I'm not going to disappoint. Not when our match headlines the show.

Everything is going well for you. Individually, you and Lucy climbed the ranks of the Bombshells Division in such a short time, but then again, nothing succeeds like success. You've been successful everywhere you set foot in. But so have I.

Mel, you may be good, you may even be great, but Sunday you get the privilege and honor of not just headlining the show, but also stepping in between those ropes. And when you look across that ring, when you grace my court, you will be standing before greatness.

Go ahead and try your luck thinking you'll beat me again; Two weeks ago, you caught lightning in a bottle, but the saying holds true.

Lightning never strikes in the same place twice.

Brace yourself for a shock: My weather forecast Sunday calls for a different outcome.

Plenty of heat, no chance of thunder.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 12:01:16 AM by Mercedes Vargas »

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)