Author Topic: Properly Motivated  (Read 436 times)

Offline BellaMadison

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
Properly Motivated
« on: January 17, 2020, 11:54:13 PM »
 So you guys know by now, my ability to overthink things turns me around. Since Climax 258 was announced I was excited. Since I signed with SCW, Mal and I always tooled around the idea of teaming up but since he was out to try and beat Lach and I was focused on trying to just get going, we never got around to it. So when things were announced and we saw that we got to team up, it was actually a cool moment.

But now that we’re here....And my brain hasn’t shut the fuck up since.

Never underestimate the little faith I have in myself.

Four Seasons Hotel
Edge Terrace Restaurant
Miami, FL

We got in, got settled, introduced Luka to the beach and the ocean....she wasn’t sure what to make of the ocean chasing her and then running away. Man, Griff is right, I need to keep a video camera trained on her at all times because it was funny but now that she’s run out of energy and fast asleep in the room. Hopefully she stays that way for a couple hours. We really don’t need to be worrying about damages.

Mal and I came down for dinner at one of the more famous spots in Miami. This place is gorgeous and yet I don’t notice. Instead I seemingly am lost in my own thoughts in the vast emptiness that lately has been my head.

Stupid mistakes cost me time and time again in the 6 sided ring. How is it everything goes right and then it all goes so wrong?

I’m supposed to be enjoying the night and instead...I’m just drumming my fingers on the table, staring at my water glass. I don’t even notice the waiter coming up.

*tap tap tap tap tap tap*

Bells...

*tap tap tap tap tap tap*

Bella...

I can hear him but for some reason his voice just is not registering with me....not until he reaches across the table and grabs my hand that’s just been tapping, snapping me from the haze. “Wha?

Waiting on you, love.

For?

He points to the man standing next to the table pen and pad at the ready, “Food?

I look up, seeing the waiter standing there patiently and almost blush, “Ah, sorry...ummm...would you...” I’m flustered, tripping over myself and as I look at the menu trying to make a quick choice it all looks completely forgein to me, “Would you mind giving me just a few moments? Sorry, I haven’t really looked at the menu. In fact, Mal why don’t you go ahead and order...

No, it’s alright, I can wait for you.” he just squeezes my hand and then looks to the waiter, “Why don’t you just bring a bottle of merlot and that should be enough time.

“It’s not a problem, I’ll be back in a few moments then.” the waiter just nods and walks away.

I am thoroughly embarrassed and I just sighed, “I did it again, didn’t I?

Mal just shrugs, “At least you weren’t drooling this time...

Not funny.” I deadpan and glare at him before glancing down at the menu and things turn a lot clearer for me, “The New York Strip looks good...” me trying to change the subject.

He cracks a smile, “We could just go back up and have room service, you know? I can tell you’re not exactly in the mood for being out.

So I can, what, be in our room and off in my own little world? Thanks but no...at least out here there are distractions.

And what am I? I can help take your mind off of it. You know exactly how much of a distraction I can be. And Luka? Set her free and we can watch the world burn from the balcony.” he says with a smart ass smile on his face. He’s not lying though, we’re swearing that dog can bring the end of the world, given the right motivation.

Smart ass.” taking a sip from my water glass.

So what has got you so distracted? Hmm? This match against Candy?"

"The match itself? Not really.” I just shake my head, “Just feeling like I’m not living up to the ‘hype’ that was given to me upon my signing with SCW. I started so damn hot and then...hit that wall like some damn crash test dummy.

Kinda like Candy’s train of thought?” Mal said with a smirk on his face.

You’ve been waiting for that....

Oh just a little bit.” he laughs as I just shake my head.

Like the God damned Kool-Aid man, give him a chance and crashes through that wall. But no, I feel like this weekend may be my last real shot. I came close only, I don’t know how many times, just to trip up! Like I’m overthinking things. It’s stupid, I know.” I am frustrated and just cover my face in my hands.

Hey, you are a constant perfectionist and you push yourself harder than anyone I know, me included.” Mal reaches across the table and grabs my hands and pulls them down and looks dead into my eyes. Those beautiful blue eyes that I could just fall into any time, “Listen, maybe...perhaps...and this might get me some heat....maybe sometimes you are too nice?” the way he ended it...it was like he was waiting for me to slap him.

Too nice....interesting way to put it.

Look, I’m not saying you need to be an asshole like me. And I get it, Candy is...well you’ve known her for a long time. But Bells, if you look at the entire picture, Candy is just so...I don’t want to say stupid...

Special. She has a different way of looking at things and it’s paid off for her. She showed up after I did and she managed to get a hold of that Rollette Title in her second try.” I just sit back, sigh and look around, “That is hella frustrating for me. Ya know that?

BUT, this match, you can very well stamp a chance to get a shot at her. You were pretty damn close to getting her shot at Sam before....

Yeah but one problem...her partner

Mal laughs bitterly, “You don't have to worry about that guy. I’m gonna make sure thru hell or high water, your hard work is going to start paying off. Whatever it takes, love. Especially for you.

I can’t help but smile widely and lean over the table and kiss him. “Thank you.

Just then we see the waiter rush over to us with a note in his hands “Uhhh I have been asked to hand this to you.”

Mal takes the note and looks at it and sighs, “She’s awake

How bad?” I say looking at the waiter.

“I don’t know, but they heard some crashing from your room. What about your dinner?”

I just shake my head, “Room service. Will that be ok?” I say looking at Mal with concern.

Sounds PERFECT, I’m gonna go see how bad it is and you take care of that.” he says as he stands up and gives me a kiss on the cheek.

Don’t kill her.

No promises

I just shake my head as he leaves and I look at the waiter, “We got a puppy....and she doesn’t like to be left alone...ever.

“Kinda like having a kid, huh?”

I wouldn’t know...now...to go with that wine...

Mal was right...But I’m going to do it my own way.

The Next Day

We see Mal walk into the room and hot on his heels is that crazy husky pup known as Luka. “You’re lucky, kid. Now...where the hell is she? She said she’d be here.

You’re late!

Malachi spins around as his jaw just drops as Bella sits on a desk, legs crossed but the way she looks.... “Dear Penthouse...

Long blonde hair is trapped up in a tight bun, her glasses sit at the tip of her nose and the outfit....tight black skirt, white shirt and stilettos....red.

Sit down already, we don’t have much time.

I...I was kinda hoping to drop Luka off before....

I SAID SIT!

And Mal doesn’t think twice....and neither does Luka. “Oh yeah...HER YOU LISTEN TO!” Luka just looks up at him and gruffs.

She looks looks at the two of them with her arms crossed.

She started it...

Shut up already. I thought about what you said...I gave honest thought to it and while it’s very obvious that I am indeed a bit of a goodie two shoes, you brought up an amazing point. I tend to overachieve especially when I want something.” Bella stops and looks at Malachi who is just sitting there quietly, legs crossed in front of him and his hands clasped right at his lap. “You ok?

Mmmhmm...” Mal seems to be completely speechless at the moment. ....something to remember.

Ok” she just paces around him and if he could swivel his head around he would, “So, maybe I do need to bring out that meanstreak a little bit more. I could sit here all day and boast about the fact that I have my All honors, Summa Cum Laude from 2 of the most prestigious universities in the world. I have the smarts and can damn near be Rain Man especially when it comes to random facts and figures. BUT, what am I missing? Is it that killer instinct? Well...I don’t think it’s that either. I want that shot at that damn belt and what lengths I’m willing to go through to get it, ESPECIALLY to make a point to the other Bombshells that are very quick to write me off.

Focus on Luka....she hasn’t budged either, she just tilts her head to the side.

They have been pushing me and pushing me and I always fall short to get a chance and now...like they think I’m gonna be scared of teaming up with you against Candy and a grizzled British vet is going to somehow do what? Keep me from wanting a shot at that Rollette Title?!?! I mean, maybe if I was Bobbie Dahl looking for one handout after another, hitting up Twitter on a daily basis to make sure people know that I supposedly deserve....instead I want matches, better matches, stronger matches” And she walks over to Mal and leans in with a smirk cause she knows what this is doing to him, “And I know you, I know how motivated you can be. Hence the get up, consider this a treat...we win this and I have outfits far more evil than this one. I want this win Mal, I NEED this win and if that means putting Crippler back on the shelf, if that means hurting one of my favorite people to get what I want...I’m gonna do whatever it takes because I don’t ask for favors. I earn what I get. We crystal?

As glass.” is all he can muster out.

Good, now, I’m going to give you a few to...” she glances down, “...calm yourself. I’ll be waiting...” she places a gentle kiss on his cheek and walks away.

Mal just looks down at Luka with his eyes are huge. “God help me, your mom is EVIL!” he just carefully breathes as the camera fades out.