Author Topic: Second Chances  (Read 490 times)

Offline BellaMadison

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
Second Chances
« on: September 20, 2019, 11:36:01 PM »
 It’s been a crazy couple of weeks.

From Aruba to Sydney to New York

Multiple layovers, international date line ANNNNNNNNND a water damaged bathroom.

Long story short but when your upstairs neighbor, who just happens to be my Uncle, passes out drunk in his tub with the water running, something bad happened. Lots of water damage. He’s ok...for now...still wanna kick his ass. But that’s where I’m standing right now, in our stripped to the studs bathroom......”This is why I should just never go anywhere.”

“At least he’s paying for it,” Mal said as he leans against the door ledge.

I just sigh before letting out another sneeze, something I’ve been doing since I woke up this morning when they were delivering the insulation. Work had already begun but not fast enough for my taste, “I’m just glad he woke up when he did. The damage could have been a lot worse...” I almost didn’t get that last word out before I let out another sneeze. I can’t breathe through my nose and you can tell, “I feel like I’m dying right now”

“It’s that shit they delivered,” Mal just glares at all the pink shit behind him. “I’ll be honest with you, as much as I hate to admit it, taking your mom up on that whole guest house thing would benefit you and our bank accounts.”

Another sneeze comes with a scream behind it “That one fucking hurt....” so much pain, I just wanna put my head through the wall and instead I just bury my face in his chest. “Feels like my face is going to explode.”

“I’ll get the bags, take your ass down to the car. I may stop and give your uncle a swift kick in the balls before I come down though.”

I can’t even argue....I kinda wanna do that myself. But for now....I’m gonna listen.

Several Hours Later
The Guest House

Did you know there is a little pink pill that seriously helps with anything allergy? I mean, you can’t sneeze and itch when you are completely unconscious. I don’t remember much but occasionally waking up for a drink, tweeting a few times and passing out again. I was waiting for this to catch up with me. Basically burning both ends of the candle and then all hell breaks loose. Came faster than I thought it was going too and I was forced to slow down just a bit. Which is actually a good thing, especially when you look at a calendar. Thankfully Mal is sound asleep, when I get like this I am a brat...so I’m currently working on a surprise for him after we get done with the show this week. Especially because the next day, it’s special....

I’m a nightowl, naturally, throw in being in a coma for the majority of the day and it gets even worse. Too boot, my brain never really stops. Part of the reason I am so beyond thankful for Malachi’s sister Alanah. Before I left for Paris, she threw together this huge party for me and even was amazing enough to give me 2 books. One that was full of stories and jokes from my family (a lot has been added to it since then) and the other was my own personal journal. I still will never know how she pulled off the first book with such short notice but neither book ever leaves me. I like to look back through my personal one on occasion, because I always fear losing time. It’s a long story, something that will I’m sure make it’s way around some other day but to make you understand what I’m talking about...

Paris, France
Sunday, March 24th, 2019

Chances. They say take chances while you can because you never really know what will pass you by if you don’t.

So....it’s 4am. I’m just getting home. Tonight, I was invited to a show in Paris and I may have quite honestly pissed people off but at the end of the night, I have zero fucking regrets. I have never in my life been so nervous about anything in my life like I was before I walked into that place. I must have turned around 4 or 5 times but each time something in the back of my head snapped me out of it, and finally found myself inside. Besides training at home, I hadn’t been to an actual show in....almost a year, maybe more? Fuck if I remember, but still fact remains it wasn’t what I was doing...but who invited me.

I feel kinda bad because before tonight, my opinion of Mal was based off of the opinions of others. Yeah, he’s got a temper. Yup, he loves to piss people off. BUT he’s passionate about everything, hella talented....and I couldn’t help but blush when he stepped through that curtain for his match. Especially before handling the business in the ring, he stopped in front of me, handed me a rose, winked and proceeded to clean house. I felt....special? If that’s the right word. It’s all so jumbled because I had never had anyone do that for me, ever.

After the show, lets just say it was one of those nights that I don’t ever want to forget. Nothing crazy, nothing over the top...and on his birthday, he went out of his way to make sure I was comfortable.

Either way....this time, I asked him for our next date. I’m very sure about this....even if I’m still scared out of my mind.

......6 months later.

I’m still scared out of my mind. But not about him....not anymore.

BUZZ

I look down to a text message from Spinelli, my mother’s ever faithful assistant, a man that is like an uncle to me and all it says that makes me smile big “MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: PACKAGE INCOMING TOMORROW MORNING”

Next Morning

I’m up bright and early, because I am just excited to begin the day, and get the weekend going. I’m off to the Virgin Islands for SCW. After what happened there for me a couple weeks ago, I’m extremely excited to have the chance to face off with someone with the resume of Amy Santino. Call me a sponge, call me crazy...I respect paths laid and I sure as hell respect her. But I just had to get there first.

“Morning girlie!” my mother, Laura “Phoenix” Madison says to me as I enter the main house kitchen.

“Morning....please tell me you got coffee and OJ.” she just points behind her to the pot already brewed and breakfast all laid out. “Oooo bay-con.”

“Yeah, watch yourself, if Nick sees you stealing that...”

“Yeah yeah, my ass” I say as I walk into the living room and see my baby brother sitting there playing away “Hey there little bro”

Hearing my voice he looks over and quickly crawls his way over “BE!” Aaron is only 7 months old, so this is cool for me. He reaches up for me and I can’t help but pick him up.

“How ya doin dude?” bringing him back into the kitchen grabbing my glass of OJ.

“Oh good, saved me a trip. So, when you and Mal taking off?” she says pointing me over to Aaron’s highchair and I slide him in.

“Just in a few moments, just waiting on Spinelli to show up before we do. Hopefully we won’t miss our flight” Aaron kinda fusses because he hasn’t had much of a chance to see me but as soon as my mom gets over with his breakfast that all changes, “Well I see his got Nick’s appetite.”

“That he does. To go cups are in the usual spot” she smiles at me as I finish gulping down my orange juice.

“BLESS YOU!” and I quickly rush over to the pot.

“So what’s Spinelli dropping off this morning?”

“I had him work his Jackal magic for next week. Which by the way, I will not be going to China.” I say as I’m pouring two cups.

“I figured as much, which I do understand...just wish I knew where you were going” just then a knock comes to the back door. “Come on in Mal!”

Mal pops his head in, “Just making sure it’s safe.”

“Nick isn’t up yet, so for now yeah...just be prepared to run” my mother...the jokester....

“We gotta move soon, love” he says pointing at his watch as I hand him his coffee.

“Yes I know, I’m just waiting for the inevitable crashing through the door. Spinelli told me he’d be dropping something off for me first thing....”

“Good, I still owe that nerd a wedgie of a lifetime”

“You will leave him alone, he did something for me and without any hesitation. OK?”

“Oh, your big secret?” Mal just looks at my mother and points at me “You wanna try and get it out of her?”

“I don’t have that kind of power. Bella’s thing is her thing and you better go along with it or she’ll drag you kicking in screaming” as my mom smiles big and Mal just rolls his eyes.

“I should have known better than to even try.”

“GRACIOUS GREETINGS!!!!” comes proudly from the front door.

“FINALLY! We’re in the kitchen Spinelli!” I say as I walk towards where he’s coming from and he damn near jumps out of his skin when he gets cut off by me, “Got it?”

“Geez, yeah...mind you, it took some major magic on the Jackal’s part but I have indeed procured the...” I don’t even let him get the next words out as I grab the envelope and give him a big hug.

“You are the best Spinelli!”

“Ok, you got it...can we go now before we miss the plane?” ever impatient Mal.

“MAL!” ....that came from my baby brother and Mal just looks at him.

Everyone stops as my mother just laughs, “Well...that came out loud and clear...”

“Sup rugrat. Ok seriously, Bells we gotta go.”

I quickly hug my mom and give my brother a kiss on his head, and rush out the door with Malachi in tow.... “CALL ME WHEN YOU LAND PLEASE!”

“YES MOM!” .......that didn’t come from me.

Present Day
Tortola, Virgin Islands

Not. One. Single. Pirate.

I am very disappointed. BUT screw it....here we are. Round two of Bella’s crazy whirlwind adventure. From paradise to paradise to crazy life AND sick to paradise once again and all I wanna see is one lousy pirate!!!!

“For-get-it” Mal says

“Oh come on, I think you would make a very dapper pirate”

“Bells, I love you...but no!” and before I can even get one more word out he just walked away from me at a local establishment.

“Coward! BETTER BRING ME BACK ANOTHER DRINK! Oh well....he put up with me wanting to try and run away with a panther last week....at this rate, he’s going to throw my ass into the sea and run away. OH! Ok, so I know...lots to talk about here. First of all, I need to apologize to Apple...I legit had one of my weird moments where I had to kinda pick on you just a bit. I legit never in my life met anyone til that moment named Apple and it caught me by surprise. Hey, you slapped me...good. However, I won....moving on.”

I look around and see Mal is at the bar and take this moment to slip away to the outside.

“Ok, I’m going to be real at the moment for you guys, the whole thing about me facing Amy Santino this week on Climax has me amazingly excited. Look, I have nothing but respect for her and the fact that I get to face her one on one in my second match here in Sin City....FUCK YES!”

People passing by just stop and gasp at my outburst.

“Got a problem? No? Keep walkin....I’m workin here. Yeah, it’s that big to me. My career is short...very short right now. I will sing the praises of the family I have because they deserve it but I am not them. I did things beyond them before I even stepped officially between the ropes. I’m proud of where I came from and so should you. So while I will proudly scream that I am ‘Second Generation Not to be Fucked With’ I am working on my own legacy. I am Bella Madison. The newbie to the whole damn thing, first time working was 3 months ago. I should not even be ALLOWED in the ring with the likes of Amy Santino and yet here in the Virgin Islands...I AM! And I will be a mother fucker if you think that won’t stop me from bringing my best that I can. Will I win?” I just shrug “I don’t know...but I won’t go down without fighting. I may be in a lot of pain....but it is worth it because I look at this as a learning experience of a lifetime. I also look at it as a huge chance to really show people what I am capable of. So with that being said....I sooooo hope I fucking win. What a weird way to turn a division on their ear....but hell...it’s not the first time I wrecked shit, why should this be any different?”

I can’t help but glance over my shoulder and smile when I see Mal sitting at the table glaring at a pirate hat that someone brought over “I am so going to get myself in trouble before this week is finished, but....at the end of the whole thing, we take chances....because what the fuck is the point of life without em.” And with a simple wink I step back inside and let ya’ll do that magic camera fade to black.