Author Topic: The Xquizite One  (Read 927 times)

Justin Underwood

The Xquizite One
« on: February 24, 2012, 11:55:02 PM »
 Tuesday Night – Outskirts of Las Vegas.

Laying across the hood of my new car that Hot Stuff gifted to me I was parked up on a high cliff wearing a pair of boot cut jeans with a couple tears in them.  A brand new TXO T-Shirt and a pair of Under Armor shoes.  My hair was spiked up and I had my arms behind my head as I looked up at the night sky.  From where I was all the stars where shining bright and I was admiring them.  I laid there for a few more moments before sitting up and looking into the camera I had set up.  I was finally free of having the camera crew follow me around, and was enjoying the privacy, but there was a few things I needed to speak my mind about.  Things I needed to get off my chest.  I started talking softly, with no real direction, as the mic attached to my shirt caught every word.

“For months I have sat and watched as opponent after opponent latched onto the fact that I had no direction.  That I had no purpose and I was just another muscle head wrestler.”

I looked past the camera and just let my mind wander as I pulled my feet up onto the hood of the car.  Resting my arms on my knees I resumed talking my tone and direction not changing.

“I’ve listened to people say that I was riding the coat tails of a former successful wrestler and was only receiving the treatment I was getting because I was being managed by one of the owner’s cousins.  Now if you have any sense or watched any wrestling in the past decade then you would know that Mark and Matt Ward are two differential wrestlers who came from the same family.  They can’t stand each other and it is more than one being better than the other.  It’s more of a competition to be the best, while not really knowing how much better the other is.  Both men have won numerous championships in their careers.  But the one thing both men don’t do is give them favors without getting something in return.”

I turned my attention back to the camera, staring it down, intensity and passion burning bright in my eyes as I continue on my small history lesson.

“Mark opened SCW with Christian and both called people that could get things down and get this place going.  Enter Matt Ward.  Neither Ward can stand the other.  Neither Ward likes admitting the other is right.  Neither Ward likes doing things for the other because they asked.  They do things for each other because it benefits them more in the long run.  Months ago, Matt went to Mark and asked to help train me.  To help further my arsenal and skill set to truly be the future of this business.  Months went by.  I heard nothing.  Matt Ward heard nothing.  I kept wrestling my ass off, and being the best wrestler I could be for SCW.  My passion and persistence for this business is what kept me getting the chances I got.  What kept me in the main event.  What won me the heavyweight championship, and even allowed me to agree to stepping away and figuring out who I am.”

I placed my hands against my neck and rested my elbows against my knees and looked down.

“I spent hours training and watching different video footage of wrestlers that graced a four sided or six sided ring.  All my life I have felt out of place.  The only thing I knew I wanted was wrestling.  Being humble wasn’t me, even though it was how I was raised.  Sitting back waiting for my shot wasn’t me.  Matt knew this, but also knew it was what I knew and how I was raised.  So we tried to capitalize on it.  It wasn’t until I started watching old promo’s from Hot Stuff that I realized who I was and what I was meant to be.”

I reach behind me and grab a sports bottle and squirt some of the liquid into my mouth as I look up at the stars and allow the beverage to fill my mouth.  Tossing the bottle back into the crevice between the windshield and hood I turn my focus back to the camera.

“It wasn’t until I was standing in the owner’s section of the club a couple weeks ago that I realized what I was missing out on, by waiting for my chance.  That part of my life has ended.  It is in the past just like everything else I have done in SCW.   I don’t care about the fucking past anymore.  Dwelling and living in the past didn’t help me become who I am now.  Realizing who I should have always been, and realizing what I should have been taking is what has gotten me to where I am now.”

I drop my feet back down onto the cliff and stand up walking towards the camera.

“Everybody wants to know why I sided with HS and returned on his team in this fued that’s going on.  Let me make one thing clear.  I didn’t side with him on this fued.  I could give two shits about this pissing contest.  I came back to wrestle and climb back to the top of the standings and get my title back.  What better way to do that, then to have a hand in beating two ‘legends’ in Spike Staggs and Jordan Williams.”

As I arrive at the camera I stop talking as I spin the camera around and tilt it up bringing all the stars in the sky into the view.  Flipping the screen around so I can check my positioning in the camera, I see from my chest up, and I turn my focus back towards the lense.

“HS might be my mentor and friend, but when it comes to SCW, he is my boss, and I have always known, you don’t cross the boss.  Plus, I’d rather side with the boss, then somebody that throws a grade A temper tantrum over a fucking coffee cup.  Come on Jordan.  You’re getting ready to step into the ring with two very talented wrestlers and you’re having a hissy fit over a cup.  You need to get your priorities straight there.”

I turn my back to the lens for a few moments as I look up at the stars again and continue to talk.

“The days of me coming out reimaged are over.  What you seen at Climax Control and in my promo last week is the me I consider to be real, and that’s all that matters.  Did I have some help realizing it?  You are damn right I did.  Did it take the best legend that has stepped into a SCW ring to make me realize it?  You are damn right it did.  Does this mean that I’m an imitation of Hot Stuff, or his little creation?  Then you would be absolutely wrong.  I am Justin Underwood, and I don’t imitate.  I take what I see and improve on it.”

Turning back towards the camera, my face is no longer patient looking.  Seriousness has crossed my face and my voice is no longer soft.  Determination and the slight hint of a cocky undertone can be detected as I continue to speak.

“I’m a two time heavyweight champion, and I have become that in less than a year.  Neither championship stayed around my waist.  I dropped the first company’s title, because it was a waist of my time to be around the talentless hacks the company had.  The place was going nowhere fast, and I wasn’t flag shipping for that shit.  My second one ended with being forced away from wrestling for a while.  I was a star that had started to burn out way to early.  Now I am back.  I am back and I am the brightest shining mother fucker on the SCW roster, and its only time I have the brightest shining championship around my waist.”

I move a bit closer bringing my hands up as I talk.

“Spike, call me a hypocrite if you want.  Call what I say hypocritical and attempt to make it seem like I’m an idiot…  The truth of the matter is you are delusional if you think you are the reason why Blaze of Glory sells out.  See when I look at Jordan and yourself Spike, I see a part of wrestling that is the past.  A part of wrestling that should have stayed retired.  Neither of you are who you once where.  Neither of you will ever be able to be who you used to be.  Now, you guys are just pathetic half assed veterans trying to cling to your glory.  You guys aren’t relevant anymore.”

Dropping my hands I look into the camera as a quick chuckle escapes.  

“Hot Stuff Mark Ward has tried to step away from the ring, but the thing is, as much as he wants to, it just isn’t his time to.  The most relevant wrestler in the world can step away from the ring, and all the people that liked or hated that person that didn’t get to see them wrestle will be waiting for that chance.  Waiting for that opportunity to see them step back into the ring and do what they have always done best.  HS isn’t the past.  HS is the present.  With me being his partner, I round out the circle.  I round out this match with being the future.  This Sunday at Blaze of Glory we see the past vs the present and future of this business.  Hot Stuff and I are the reason BoG will be sold out.”

I take a long pause, letting the words run in my head as I picture everything that will transpire this Sunday, and allow myself to return to speaking in my normal voice…  All emotion except for excitement has left it as I continue.

“Come this Sunday at Blaze of Glory, Hot Stuff Mark Ward and The Xquizite One Justin Underwood get to show the world and most importantly the pair of you, why you guys should have done everything you could have to not let the itch get to you, and should have just gone and made real good friends with bubba.”

Tossing my arms out and posing, my new grin comes across my lips as Sarah and Claire step into the picture and wrap their arms around me.

“At Blaze of Glory, SCW and the world learns that I, Justin Underwood, have found my direction.  There is no looking back.  There is no second guessing any more.  It is high time I embrace everything I have learned over the past month and a half and enjoy my ride to the top of the wrestling world, where my throne is patiently waiting for me, and you can trust me when I say it won’t be waiting for much longer.  It is my time to shine, and just like the stars above me, I’m shining bright, because I’m ‘The Xquizite One.”

Claire raises her arm and points something at the camera, and the scene instantly cuts to black.

Friday Morning – “Hot Stuffs” Tailor

The scene opens up to see myself lying in bed covered by a sheet and having a beautiful woman on each arm.  I was trying to get some sleep, and had finally started drifting into dream land after a long fun night with Claire and Sarah when suddenly my cell phone started blaring a Bon Jovi song.  Not even looking at it or reaching for it I tried to ignore it and started to fade back into a blissful sleep.

I was almost out cold when the phone started ringing again and I lifted my arm up and reached over Sarah and grabbed the phone, and slid the bar to answer.

“What the hell do you want this bloody early? I was just about asleep.”

I paused and listened to the voice on the other end.

“Mark, I’m going to kick your British ass you keep pulling this last minute bullshit.  I’ll be there in a half hour.  Going to stop and grab some coffee.”

Not even waiting for his response, I ended the call and chucked my phone against the couch that was in my room.  Picking Claire up I tossed her to the other side of me and reached down to the floor and grabbed my swimming trunks from the night before and slid them on under the sheets and walked over to my large walk in closet and found a pair of slacks and button up shirt and slid over to a dresser grabbing a few more articles of clothing and walked into the bathroom, and slammed the door shut.

I opened the door a few minutes later and stepped out wearing a pair of cargo pants with a black a-shirt on.  Over the a-shirt was a blue short sleeved button up shirt unbuttoned and was wearing a pair of boots.  My hair was now spiked and I walked over to a pile of clothes and started tossing them looking for my keys and wallet before finding my pants from the day before and finding them in the pockets.

I slide the wallet into my back pocket and grab my cell phone off the couch as I start walking towards the front of the house.  I grab a bottle of water from the fridge and walk over to the front door as I open the bottle, tossing the lid on the table next to the door.  Keys in hand I open the door and step out into the bright vegas sun and turn, pulling the door shut and looking it before turning towards the Metallic Blue Saleen S7 sitting in my driveway.  I look at it as a grin spreads across my face, and I bring the bottle of water to my mouth and just drink the entire thing in one go.

I walk over to the driver’s side door of the S7 after tossing the bottle into a recycle bin and unlock the car with the keyless entry system attached to my key ring.  I lift the door up and sit down in the bucket seat that hugged my body nicely as I slid the key in the ignition and placed my left foot on the clutch, pushing it down and turning the ignition.  The car roared to life, and I strapped on the seat belt.  Closing the driver’s door, I shifted into first gear, and floored it out of my drive way.

Thirty Five minutes later I’m pulling into a small parking lot that rested in front of a tailor shop that looked like it could use a makeover.  I pull the car to a stop and turn the engine off as I lift the door up and put my foot on the side of the car as I lift a cup of coffee from the cup holder and drink from it while unbuckling my seat belt.  A few minutes go by and as I’m finishing my first cup of coffee, the McLaren belonging to Hot Stuff pulls up and both doors open up.  Hot Stuff steps out of the driver’s side and Angelica out of the passenger’s side.  Both close there doors and walk over to me as I get out of my car and shut my door.  Angelica and I give each other a friend hug and I shake HS’s hand as we greet each other.

Hot Stuff:   “Damn you are looking rough kid”

I laughed as rubbed my face with both hands and looked at him evilly.

“You would look pretty rough if an hour after trying to finally fall asleep you get a call to come get a new wardrobe.”

We both laughed and Angelica just shook her head as she looked at her nails.

Hot Stuff: “Fair point.  Well, lets get on with it.  I brought Angelica here, so she can help out with what looks good and doesn’t look good.  You are hanging out with the big guys now.  Can’t be walking around looking like a douche bag anymore.  You need to dress like you have class and power.  Time to step away from being a wanker.”

Nodding I looked at him.

“And that couldn’t have waited till later on?  It just had to happen at the ass crack of dawn?”

Hot Stuff: “Arse crack of Dawn?  Had you told me you were getting some kid, we wouldn’t be standing here.”

“Sure HS.  Your just pissed cause I didn’t let you have first crack at the red head.   Let’s get this done and over with.”

The three of us walk over to the door of the tailor shop and I open it allowing both to walk in before me, shaking my head I followed them in and was shocked at how nice the inside of the shop was compared to the outside.  Elegant mirrors surrounding various standing podiums filled the center of the room.  To the right rows upon rows of pants and suit jackets, while to the left where rows and rows of shirts and ties.

Hot Stuff: “You need to stand on the podium there with no shoes on and get the right measurements, so Angelica can start hunting down some stuff for you.”

As HS finished speaking a heavyset balding white guy walked out from the back with a tape hanging around his neck and wearing a polo and some slacks.

Hot Stuff: “Joe, this is Justin.  I need you to take care of him, as if it was me.  Angelica will assist you in anything you need.  I need him looking sharp by the time I get back.”

Joe nods his head and immediately got to work getting my measurements as HS turned around and walked away from us out the shop and to his car.  I turned to Angelica with a shocked expression on my face.

“Where the bloody hell is he going?”

Angelica let out a chuckle as she put her hands up in a defense manner.

Angelica:  “Hey, he is the boss.  He comes and goes as he pleases.  I’m only hear to make sure you look the best you can look once we are done.”

Joe finished his measurements up and write them down and handed them to Angelica.  Angelica motioned for me to follow her, and we spent the next fifteen minutes  walking up and down the rows of suits.  Angelica used me as a hanger and kept throwing suit after suit into my hands.  We went back to the middle of the shop, and a slew of dress shirts and various colored ties where waiting for us, as Angelica ushers me into the dressing room, and the scene fades to black.