Author Topic: ∞Where We Are.  (Read 310 times)

Offline Mikah

• View Profile
    • Mikah
∞Where We Are.
« on: June 23, 2017, 11:55:55 PM »

\'user

<div style="width: 695px; margin: auto;">
<text align=right> <p align=”Right”> "FUCK IT."
DAYS UNTIL CLIMAX CONTROL:2
EXCITEMENT LEVEL: LOW
SCENE i
REC•

FRIDAY JUNE 23, 2017
8:05 am

Mikah pulls her rental convertible mustang up to the arena and frowns as she looks at the arena.  She was not ready to be there and not so early.  She was already in a not-so-happy mood from an argument with Drake about whether or not he was going to be coming to California with her or not.  She looks at the arena as she puts the car in park before grabbing her phone to see a message from Drake.  She rolls her eyes and chooses not to read the message and pockets the phone.  She glances in the backseat, seeing the bag that had her bikini in it and other swim things in it.

;;MIKAH  â€œFuck it.  I’m going to the beach.”

She puts the car in reverse and pulls out of the parking space before driving away from the arena and towards the beach.  She didn’t care that she had some things to attend to with Kris; she felt that hanging out at the beach was much more important.  She finds the parking area for the beach and parks her car.  She frowns for a minute before smirking and putting the top up of her rental convertible.  She slouches down and easily changes into her bikini in the car without even being noticed.   Ah, the perks of being a party girl who knew all the tricks.

;;MIKAH  â€œBeach here I come.”

She grabs the bag and gets out of the car, leaving her cell phone in the pocket of her shorts before she walks the short distance to the beach before finding a good spot to call her own.  She grabs her oversized towel that was turquoise with yellow seashells on it and spreads it out.  She sits down and pulls out her tanning oil and squirts some on her skin before rubbing it in and then lying on her back, putting her Ray Bans on her head, shielding her eyes.

It wasn’t even 9 am and the heat was already good enough for her to be lying out in it.  While she hated California for other reasons, she loved that it was already hot before 9 a.m.  She stretches out, getting comfortable on her towel in the hot sand.  She lies there for nearly an hour before a shadow lands over her and she frowns, being patient enough to hope the person would walk away and find their own spot.  When the shadow doesn’t leave, she props herself up on her elbows and glares up at the person, only to see Kris Halich standing there.  She rolls her eyes and lays back down.

;;MIKAH  â€œYou’re blocking my sun, Kris.”

She was acting as if she hadn’t blown off her duties or what they were going to have been doing this whole day.

±±KRIS HALC “When I have to be the voice of reason, you know there's a problem.”

He steps out of her light, taking a seat in the sand next to her, and looking out at the water.

±±KRIS HALC “We kind of have this show to do. The one we have been hyping for two weeks. The one people keep saying is never going to actually happen… remember?”

She barely glances at him, her eyes looking up at the sky while his look out at the vast ocean.  She makes a noise before propping herself back up on her elbows.

;;MIKAH  â€œAnd those asshats can fuck off.  Those are the same asshats that said that when I won the Bombshell Championship in May of 2015 that I’d lose it on my first defense.  And how wrong were they?”

She gives Kris a look before laying back down to stare up at the bright blue sky.

±±KRIS HALC “Well it's awfully hard to prove them wrong when you're laying on a beach and we currently have no show…”

He turns his view from the water to look down at her. The bruising on his face was mostly faded back to the light yellow it started as and the stitches were near ready to be taken out.

±±KRIS HALC “Shit is already falling apart. The twins have been ghosts since they lost. Chelsea lost her title and is dealing with some relationship shit that I don't care enough to pay attention to. Crystal is a disappointment. It's on us to do something that looks good. We can't do that on a beach.”

He rotates to face her, and criss-crosses his legs so that he can lean close.

±±KRIS HALC “...but you know all of that. You probably even knew that the beach was one of the first places we would try to find you. So what are you doing here?”

She looks at him, thinking over what he said.

;;MIKAH  â€œWrong.  We could do the show on a beach, Kris.  And let’s face it, it’d get more views because of the location and the little-to-nothing that the both of us would have on.  It’d raise the views.”

She smiles at him before shrugging her shoulders, thinking over his question.  What was she doing here?  Normally she hated the beach and everything about it.  And normally she hated California and everything it entailed; too many memories of somebody that was important in her life.

;;MIKAH  â€œI don’t know.  Honestly, I don’t.  It’s not some place that I just go whenever I want because California is gross.”

She makes a face before looking at him again.  She offers a small smile but nothing more than that.  She looks out to the ocean before sitting up and adjusting the top of her white bikini.

;;MIKAH  â€œI was really going to come to work.  I was there and everything but I just couldn’t make myself go in so, I came here instead.”

Another shrug rolls off of her shoulders with ease.  She glances at him and offers him a small smile again.  He looks away from her and out to the water without turning his body away. He could tell something was bothering her but was not sure how to approach the subject.

±±KRIS HALC “So you planned on going one place and ended up in another… When Jet City defended the tag titles against Unholy Alliance, I planned on getting on a plane and instead ended up strung out in a hotel. I know what planning on one thing and doing another looks like. This isn't it.”

He turns his attention back to her, and lifts his left hand, extending his index finger and swirling it in her direction.

±±KRIS HALC “What that looks like is running away from something…”

Kris lets out a defeated sigh, starting to brush some of the sand off of his shorts.

±±KRIS HALC “If you don't want to talk to me about it, that's fine. I'm not going to twist your arm. You were there when I needed somebody to be. Just trying to return the favor. At the very least just don't waste my time when it comes to doing this show. It already kind of sucks to give up an extra day at home.”

He puts his hand down in the sand to balance himself when he tries to stand.

;;MIKAH  â€œThe show’s not going to be a waste of time.  Or of your time, Kris.  It’s just a thing…”

She makes a motion with her hand, that stops him from getting up.  There was a lot going on in her head and she wasn’t even sure how to deal with it.

;;MIKAH  â€œA lot of things, actually.  But I don’t want you to think that the show is going to be a waste of time because it’s not.  It’s just….California is not an easy place to be in.”

Another shrug rolls off of her shoulders as she looks up at him for a minute before looking at the sand.  She reaches out and grabs a handful of it before letting it slowly slide through her fingers until her hand was empty. He was not about to start comparing his life against hers, but could relate to the way she felt.

±±KRIS HALC “You know that I’m from California, right?”

She looks over to him and nods.

±±KRIS HALC “...and at least something about what my life was like here? A lot of people have dragged it out on social media back when I started… not so much anymore.”

He would have just reached out to pull her chin in his direction to catch her eye if she was anyone else. He thinks better of it though, dropping his head a little bit.

±±KRIS HALC “Hey… you… with the face.”

He finally catches her eye.

±±KRIS HALC “If you need someone to talk to that might understand whatever the hell it is, or why you don’t like being around here, why not talk to someone who has had a pretty rough road to get here, and hates it just as much as you do. Why do you think we all moved to Jet City?”

She looks at him and raises her eyebrows a little bit.  She looks back down at the sand before moving to a more of a seated position.

;;MIKAH  â€œSeattle, right?”

She looks up at him, and watches as he nods his head.  She sucks in a breath before slowly letting it out and then looking at him once more.

;;MIKAH  â€œI’m not sure that’s much better.  I was raised in Seattle...or more like, grew up in Seattle.  I got far away from there as possible.  It’s why I didn’t want to move to Oak Brook and wanted to stay in New York City but there are compromises you make in marriages, but I’m sure you know that.”

She smiles warmly at him before picking up a handful of sand and letting it fall through her fingers again and again, repeating the process.

;;MIKAH  â€œMy best friend killed himself in California and it’s really the only thing that I can think about when being in the state.  He overdosed on his drug of choice and I wasn’t around, of course.  Because I was the only one that seemed to be able to keep him from doing things like that.  And maybe it was more than a friendship…”

She glances at Kris before glancing away and out to the ocean.

;;MIKAH  â€œAfter all, he was--is Leighton’s biological father.  It’s just hard cause he spent so much time in California and now, it’s just him to me.”

She shrugs her shoulders again, dismissing her own emotions like she’d been known to do.

±±KRIS HALC “Why do you do that?”

His voice is almost entirely different than the playful way he speaks when he is in front of a camera. It is even different from the way he is on social media. She had seen him panicked in the hospital, but this was not that either. He almost sounded like an adult.

±±KRIS HALC “Say what you will about the way I act, but at least I let myself feel the way that I feel. I don’t just blow it all off. You’re always so guarded. The way I act is for fun. It seems like the way you act is a defense. I hope it’s not like that with Drake. Otherwise we’re eventually going to find you face down in a bowl of soup, alone. Let somebody in.”

He holds up his hands to claim innocence.

±±KRIS HALC “I’m not even saying me. Just someone. Or maybe just let yourself deal with it instead of shoving it down.”

She shifts a bit as she looks at him for awhile, listening to him.  She takes a deep breath and slowly lets it out.

;;MIKAH  â€œI’m fine.  It’s just a little hard to deal with California and it probably always will be.  And I let Drake in...more than I ever let my exes in…”

She shrugs her shoulders a bit before smiling at him, trying to defer the emotions again.

;;MIKAH  â€œI try...every day to let him in and it takes time.  Even after a year of being with him.  He knows things.”

She looks at him.

±±KRIS HALC “What was your first husband’s name?”

The question changes the expression on her face, and that is all that he wanted to do. She knew that he knew the answer already, but it was the reaction that he got that was his point. He raises his index finger at her.

±±KRIS HALC “That! That right there! That look on your face. That way that you feel. That’s not dealing with things, and I’m willing to bet that he is the absolute least important of any problems you have. But you act like he doesn’t exist. Any time someone brings him up you change the subject or tell them to not say that name to you again.”

He shrugs, and lowers his hand back to the sand.

±±KRIS HALC “Who is that helping? You want to see how easy it should be?”

He holds out his hand, counting off the females that have come and gone out of his life.

±±KRIS HALC “Reese Spencer: kicked me out after a third relapse and left me homeless. Ava Andrews: Decided she had too much life in front of her to deal with a recovering addict. Sarah Robinson: Just wanted to fuck with Jason and her sister. Amarissa Morretti: Just wanted to fuck with her mom for marrying Jason….”

He lowers his hand, electing not to keep going because he point was made.

±±KRIS HALC “You ignore something, and you give it power over you. You end up sitting on a beach, not even knowing why you are here wasting your time. I’m not going to pretend to know everything about you, but I have been around long enough to see that more often than not, you chose to just not handle your problems. I can recognize it. I used to do the same thing before a few dozen different therapists and rehab clinics convinced me to knock it off.”

She frowns at him before tucking her hair behind her ears and looking at him.  She crosses her arms over her chest in a slightly defensive manner.

;;MIKAH  â€œActually, my first husband’s name was Alexander.  My second husband’s name is Gavin.  Alexander was a drunken, stereotypical Vegas wedding and I could never make him stay in one place to sign divorce papers, so technically I was only married to him because he couldn’t stay in one place without being sent back to rehab.”

She looks at Kris, a slightly pointed look on her face.

;;MIKAH  â€œAnd with Gavin, he hated Christian and hated whenever I chose to hang out with Christian over him, so.  Plus, Christian passed away after my marriage with Gavin was over so Gavin matters nothing in my life anymore other than the fact he couldn’t handle that I was better than him in SCW.”

Mikah makes a face before looking around the beach as it starts to get a little crowded.

;;MIKAH  â€œI’m at the beach so I can try not to think about one Christian Othniel for one day of the few that I will be in California.”

She starts to shrug her shoulders, but she stops and just looks at Kris.

;;MIKAH  â€œI know it’s not the most efficient thing to be doing, but it’s what I felt was important at the time.  We can work the rest of the day, right?”

She looks up at him and offers a smile. He shrugs. He did not actually expect anything more or less than what he got from her response. He had challenged her to talk about herself. If their positions were reversed, they would have been having a similar conversation.

±±KRIS HALC “Yeah. Assuming you can get up, put on some clothes, and get back to the arena before the end of the day.”

It was another challenge and she had taken the bait from the first.

;;MIKAH  â€œMaybe I don’t want to put on clothes.”

She narrows her eyes at him for a moment before laying back down, settling in on the towel once more.

;;MIKAH  â€œBut then again, that could be something you want me to say…”

She looks at him and offers him a small smile before she gets up, not wanting to antagonize him much more than she already had.

;;MIKAH  â€œBut...I suppose, we should maybe get to work…”

He pushes himself up from the sand, and brushes himself off. As always, there is no chance that he can get it all. He knew as soon as he set foot on the beach that he would be finding sand for days.

±±KRIS HALC “I’m sorry to disappoint..”

He looks around the beach, finding it devoid of camera crews, or even someone with a cell phone recording them.

±±KRIS HALC “I don’t play the whole ‘trying to get in your pants’ game without a captive audience. It’s just us here. I’d be wasting my time without anyone to laugh at the effort.”

She smiles a genuine smile before reaching out and patting his cheek with her hand before bending over and shoving her things in her bag.

;;MIKAH  â€œGood, that’s what I wanted to hear.”

She doesn’t even bother with the sand at the moment before she looks at him then back at the ocean.  She watches as the waves crash against the shore.

;;MIKAH  â€œIt’s nice to know that you aren’t always just trying to see me topless.”

She doesn’t crack a smile as she watches the waves, her mind elsewhere for a minute or so before she looks back to Kris.

;;MIKAH  â€œNow if you’re really serious about work…”

He shrugs, a smirk forming on his face.

±±KRIS HALC “You already wasted my morning. I’ll meet you there… but I’m getting lunch first. You might want to go on ahead and stop construction on the set though. We decided to go with a sign instead of the screen, and nobody was there to stop me from giving them the name for the design...”

She rolls her eyes at him.

;;MIKAH  â€œThat’s okay, I’ve already had coasters and everything else made.”

She winks at him as she walks to the rental car. He stays put, calling after her as she walks away.

±±KRIS HALC “Coasters and everything else aren’t going to be on the camera in giant letters behind us!!!”

She flips him off as she searches for the keys to the car.

;;MIKAH  â€œYeah, maybe not but the banner thing that I’m putting on the front of the desk will be.”

She flashes a smile at him as she finds the keys and unlocks the car to get in.  She looks at him before waving two little fingers at him.

;;MIKAH  â€œHave fun getting food!”

<text align=right><p align=”Right”> "WHERE WE ARE."
DAYS UNTIL CLIMAX CONTROL: 2
EXCITEMENT LEVEL: LOW
SCENE ii
REC•

FRIDAY, JUNE 23, 2017
7:00 p.m

Mikah stands in the middle of a little ice cream shoppe that wasn’t very busy, or so it seemed.  However, Mikah had only made sure that the place was basically empty so she could shoot her little thing and then be done for the night.  She adjusts her hair and fixes her ‘The Mikah & Kris Show’ tee that she’d paired with a pair of black shorts.  She was standing in front of the counter where there were buckets and buckets of ice cream on display.  The cameraman was trying to find the best spot to stand to get her in the shot how she wanted to be seen.  She had been pretty adamant about how she wanted the scene to look and had ordered him to do it the exact way that she wanted.  She looks to the camera man and he nods his head.

;;MIKAH  â€œTwo versus two.”

She holds up two fingers on each hand and then looks from one to the other.

;;MIKAH  â€œExcept it will be men versus the men and women versus the women.  So, Ryan versus Kris and Polly versus me.  Simple, really.  But some people seem to get the term ‘Mixed Tag’ mixed up with Intergender tag.  But let’s clear that up right now, shall we?”

She wrinkles her nose at the camera before taking a deep breath and slowly letting it out.

;;MIKAH  â€œA mixed tag is a tag team match where there’s a male and a female on a team that are going up against a team made up of a different male and a different female and guess what!?  The females can only face the females and the males can only face the males!  I’m not sure why that is such a hard concept to grasp….”

She shakes her head.

;;MIKAH  â€œIf you’re in an intergender tag team match, then the male can face the female and so on.  It’s not even like the terms are alike in terminology because they’re not.  But if you lack a brain, I could see why you’d get them mixed up.”

A shrug rolls off of her shoulders with ease before she looks at the camera.

;;MIKAH  â€œAnd just why am I explaining the difference between these two things you ask?”

She raises an eyebrow before glancing behind her at the young teenager girl that was working behind the counter.

;;MIKAH  â€œBecause this Sunday, my opponent is Pathetic Polly.  Or Petty Polly.  I’m sure that she will answer to both because both are true about her.  My opponent is also Ryan Keys but I cannot step into the ring with him as it’s a mixed tag.  I’m not sure if Polly will understand that because she’s not the sharpest crayon in the box.”

Mikah winks at the camera before she turns to face the teenage girl.  The camera moves to capture the the interaction.

;;MIKAH  â€œI’d like a waffle cone with the cotton candy ice cream, please.”

The young girl nods her head and grabs the waffle cone and gets to work.

;;MIKAH  â€œYou see, unlike this ice cream, Polly will never be as wonderful as it is.  She is just a shallow little girl who thinks she’s tougher than what she is.  She lives in a land where she reigns supreme and orders people around because she thinks she’s somebody but what she hasn’t realized yet, is that she’s nothing.”

Mikah looks down into the many buckets of ice cream before looking at the teenage girl then over to the camera.

;;MIKAH  â€œThere are so many varieties of ice cream and this little shoppe has a lot of flavors so that one doesn’t tire of the same thing over and over and over again.  But yet, here I am again facing Petty Polly.  She’s like that gnat that you swat at but it just won’t go away.  She thinks she deserves to face me and she thinks that she’s all high and mighty because she gets what she asks for from Mark Ward.  Guess what, stupid, I’ve been there before.”

She grabs the ice cream from the teenager and turns to face the camera.  She licks the side of the ice cream and savors the taste of the cotton candy flavored ice cream that was bright purple and bright pink.

;;MIKAH  â€œMark and I were friends for the longest time, Petty Polly.  He and I were drinking buddies and got along really well.  We even had rumors floating around that we were more than just friends because people can’t seem to understand that guys and girls can be just friends without wanting to fuck.  I know how he works and how he likes to be the ‘yes’ man in charge because he wants to be the fun boss.  And that’s why you go to him for all your little requests because Christian will realize that the product you’re trying to sell isn’t as good as the product you’re up against.”

She slowly licks the ice cream again.

;;MIKAH  â€œAnd this is coming from a woman who once couldn’t stand the ground that Christian Underwood walked on.  But as you go on through the company and get to your second or third year with said company, you grow to understand things.  And you mature.  You see, I buried my friendship with Mark when I started dating Drake Green.  I know, I know, bringing my personal life up again, but there’s no way that it can be avoided in this story.”

She winks at the camera.

;;MIKAH  â€œI then married Drake Green and that solidified Mark Ward’s dislike for me and now nothing I do is going to change the way he looks or thinks of me.  Whether I show up to every episode of Climax Control or not.  I’m just going to be on his black list forever and that’s fine because I wouldn’t want to be friends with a person who can’t see how big of a fake that you are.”

She licks the ice cream again.

;;MIKAH  â€œI see through your little act, Polly.  The whole ‘tiny but evil’ thing that you are trying so desperately to have going on for you.  Do you think anybody believes that you are evil?”

Mikah raises an eyebrow in the camera’s direction.

;;MIKAH  â€œBecause I know that you’re just one concussion away from the nut house.  When I look at you, all I see is a blonde pile of mess that tries too hard to stay in the spotlight.  When you realized that you couldn’t hack it as the Bombshell Champion, you decided that you’d come back to try to beat me again for the Bombshell Internet Championship.  But first, you got placed in this mixed tag match with Ryan Keys as your partner...Let’s talk about that for a minute, shall we?”

She smirks before leaning against the counter, licking her ice cream.

;;MIKAH  â€œRyan Keys and you are going up against me and Kris Halc.  I’m not saying that we’re better….wait, yes I am.  Kris alone is easily one of the most entertaining superstars on the male roster, if not the most entertaining.  And then there’s me.  I am nothing short of impressive either and that’s just not me tooting my own horn; past history will agree with me.”

She smirks and nods her head, agreeing more with her own statement.

;;MIKAH  â€œNow while you’ll probably disagree, Petty, Kris and I are clearly the only team that will walk out as the winners on Sunday.  While you and Ryan could probably make a decent team, Kris and I are better.”

She grins before licking more of her ice cream, easily eating it down closer to the cone.

;;MIKAH  â€œWhile Kris’ and my wrestling styles are different, he and I know each other pretty well.  And that should transfer over to the match pretty decently, I’d think.  However, there may or may not be a few bumps in the road because I’m not a tag team wrestler.  At all.  Actually, you’ll probably talk about how I’ve said in the past where I hate tag team wrestling and I do…”

She pauses for a moment to lick some of the ice cream that was melting down the cone.

;;MIKAH  â€œAnd while I do hate tag team wrestling, I like Kris and I do think that teaming with him is going to go much more smoothly than teaming with anybody that I have in the past.  Him and I are a lot alike in a lot of ways and it will be easy for the both of us to be on the same page on Sunday.  After all, SCW studios is letting us have our own show.”

She smirks and looks around the ice cream shoppe.

;;MIKAH  â€œA show where we can literally do almost whatever we want.  Of course, there are limits just like most things but we won’t ever touch upon that.  And I can’t wait to review this match in our next show because we’re going to tear you to pieces Polly…”

She shrugs.

;;MIKAH  â€œYou see, the last time I remember Kris being in a tag team match was with you in that silly, stupid Blast From the Past tournament where you let him down because you’re so fucking pathetic.  And so fucking stupid.  I felt so sorry for him when I saw that he was partnered up with the likes of you because who would want to be around you?”

She raises her eyebrows.

;;MIKAH  â€œWho would want to be around a woman who is as delirious as you are?  You don’t seem to keep your focus on your actual opponent and I felt bad for Kris.  Instead of focusing on me back then, you should have been focused on who you and Kris were facing, not me.  Sure, you wanted your rematch for my championship but yet, you still had to focus on the Blast From the Past tournament.  And do you know what I said to myself when I saw that you were entered?”

She looks at the camera.

;;MIKAH  â€œI said that you weren’t going to last longer than the first round.  And that’s not a shot at Kris because it wasn’t his fault that you are so horrible at being a decent human being, it’s a shot at you and who you are as a wrestler.  As a competitor.  You should have tried harder to be present in that match and to want to actually win it but yet, you didn’t give a fucking shit about the match because all you could focus on was me at the time.”

Mikah draws her lips into a tight line.

;;MIKAH  â€œIt’s a shame, Polly.”

She shakes her head a little bit.

;;MIKAH  â€œI know, I know.  I haven’t talked much about Ryan Keys but I don’t even know if I should.  I mean, I can’t face the guy one-on-one in the match and while I don’t dislike him, I really don’t want him to win either.  But he got teamed with the pathetic excuse of a human being and for that, I do feel sorry for him.  Sorry that his hand has to touch hers and has to be teamed with her.  So, Ryan, I apologize to you on behalf of SCW.  Nobody should have to endure that.”

She again shakes her head.

;;MIKAH  â€œSunday is just around the corner and that only means that the time to step into the ring together is getting closer.  I know that both of you are preparing the best ways that you know how and I applaud you for that but it’s worthless of you to exert all of your energy to do so.  Because whether you like me or not, Kris and I are going to be apart of the winning team.”

She slowly starts to bite down the cone.

;;MIKAH  â€œAnd there’s not much else that you can do about it but watch.  So I hope that you’re ready to meet the demise of Team Polly & Ryan, because Kris and Mikah are going to smash your faces into the canvas!”

She smirks and waves two fingers at the camera.

;;MIKAH  â€œSee you soon…”

She turns to walk out of the little ice cream shoppe and turns to look at the camera.

;;MIKAH  â€œCiao.”