Author Topic: Sad and griving time for Agostino  (Read 618 times)

Offline Agostino Romano

• View Profile
Sad and griving time for Agostino
« on: June 04, 2021, 11:20:02 PM »

A minute's silence for Jason Dupasquier. Florence, Italy. Sunday 30th May. (On-Camera)

Before every rider in the main Global Bike Championship class got on the grid, just moments before Global Bike two race started, there was a big announcement of a Swiss rider called Jason Dupasquier, who tragically passed away. There was a very nasty Global Bike three qualifying accident involving two other riders who were unscathed. The head boss of the championship made a massive announcement about the riders having to go on the grid. Before that happens, Agostino was told by his crew chief about the tragic passing of Jason.

James and Declan went over to Agostino. It was the first time they got to see what Agostino does outside of being a wrestler as a part of his second wildcard appearance for the championship. He was there, testing new parts for Yamaha and boost the TV ratings that have skyrocketed since the race he did in France.

It was also the first time James and Declan saw Agostino not being all jokey and happy, well, for a good reason, as he sits in his pit garage with his leathers on, covering his head with his hands as they took a seat next to him, pretending it's his pit crew.

James Brown: "Does this often happen in motorsport?"

Agostino Romano: "When I was a lot younger, it used to, but not as much anymore. Jason was only nineteen years old, and his life was taken from him. If only Sin City Wrestlers would be fortunate to be in a safe sport like professional wrestling and be fortunate on the opportunities they receive instead of asking, demanding them all the time."

Declan Marshall: "I wouldn't say it's a safe sport, but it is safer than being a motorcycle racer. I don't know what to tell you because I never experienced this sport before, nor has James, but I know for sure, one thing Jason would want you to do is to continue who you are as a person."

Agostino was a little shaken, considering the fair share of experiences he had, even when a Global Bike two-rider died in Spain four years ago. It's another rider on the list that suffered a tragic loss in motorsport. Agostino couldn't think, let alone wanting to race this afternoon, despite being in his leathers.

James Brown: "Another thing Jason would want you to do is to race. I know this has come at a bad timing with you having your last wildcard appearance this year, but the fans, despite none of them are here, would want you to race as well; even Sin City Wrestling staff would too."

Declan Marshall: "Although we'd understand if you don't want to in these circumstances. It's a heartbreaking loss to the sport of motorcycle racing for sure, but do you know what we can do with that when it comes to your next wrestling match in Sin City Wrestling?"

Agostino Romano: "What?"

James Brown: "Wrestling for Jason Dupasquier, which I'm sure his family would appreciate a lot. Something to consider, I think."

Declan nodded in agreement with James on his idea. Agostino clicked his fingers, seeing tears running down on his face. Suddenly, as things were going to get back into the notion that Agostino's pit crew chief, Marco Esposito, came over as the horns were going off, Agostino got a tissue and wiped tears off from his face.

Marco Esposito: "Hey, you need to get on the track now; they are doing the minute's silence for Jason Dupasquier. You two stay in the garage until it's over as it's only teams and riders allowed to be on track."

Agostino Romano: “Thanks Marco.”

Agostino still lets tears come down on his face and quickly wipes them off as a way to save tears for the minute's silence. He saw a lot of riders walking onto the start and finish straight. Agostino stood up and starts walking to the grid, along with the riders, even with his hat. As he walked on the grid, there was a large banner with Jason Dupasquier's face on it with a few words on it. There's also Jason's Global Bike three bike on the grid, on the team he rode.

Agostino nodded his head before being told to stand with Fillipo Bianchi and Giancarlo Ricci, who were part of the Yamaha squad. As soon as every top Global Bike Championship rider was on the grid, there was a loud announcement over the track sound system as Agostino puts his head down.

Sound System: "Ladies and Gentlemen, please join us for a minute's silence in the memory of  Jason Dupasquier."

The horn goes off as Agostino takes his cap off as pours tears from his face, as some of the other riders do as there was nothing, but a few feet, hands twitches, breathing in and out. The cameras show riders and team bowing down in respect, with camera's focusing on the banner for Jason and his number fifty bike.

Nothing's going on until the minute was up for the horn to go off again as everyone applauded. Agostino was the first in the line of Global Bike Championship riders to shake hands with Jason's team crew holding the banner, saying sorry for the loss, and my respects go to Jason. Agostino gave them a quick hug before going back to the pit garage and came to James and Declan.

Agostino Romano: "I've got to get on the track; see you guys there in a bit."

James and Declan could move now as they stand behind the pit wall for a bit while all the bikes go on the grid. Once they were, they were allowed on the track and stood by with Agostino for a while before Agostino deals with interviews from different TV channels. Five minutes before the race starts, James and Declan get off the grid, and the race starts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forty-five minutes later. (Off-Camera)

Agostino was up on the podium once again, but this time, he won the Mugello race. However, he couldn't celebrate because Jason Dupasquier's death overshadowed the win he got. A French and a Portuguese rider named Matthieu Dubois, a Yamaha rider, led the championship, and Santiago Ferreira, who rode for KTM. They did a photo together on the podium without any champagne celebrations, holding up the Swiss flag between the three of them as they fist-bumped each other.

Agostino Romano: "I knew you could lead the way for Yamaha when I've been gone, Matthieu."

Matthieu Dubois: "The parts you tested were so awesome, especially for this track. Glad you're with us, at least for this race."

Agostino Romano: "Only it had a dark cloud over us with what happened yesterday. I was in tears under my lid when I crossed the finishing line and not because I won."

Matthieu Dubois: "Dude, so was I, and I didn't care for being second today, it was more for Jason, and that's what us riders have to remember that we rode for him, the way Jason and his family would've wanted us to."

Santiago Ferreira: "I agree, and I found it difficult to focus. I mean, look at Leonardo Bianchi; he clipped the kerb because I heard he was struggling to come to terms with Jason's death."

Agostino patted Santiago's back and shoulder for riding a tough race but managed to get on the podium. As they were talking, they were told to go in the interviews room to do media interviews before doing a post-race conference to answer questions more from the media and the Moto GP media staff.

For all three riders, it was difficult for them to talk to answer questions, especially about Jason Dupasquier, but luckily, it was relatively short today. After Agostino fist-bumped Matthieu and Santiago, Agostino got together with James and Declan as they pat him around his shoulder as got to his pit box.

James Brown: "Great job out there today, Agostino. The team looked after me and Declan great."

Agostino Romano: "As I expected them to do that, but it doesn't feel like a  win for me to tell you the truth. It's affected me in a big way."

Declan Marshall: "But what's this about the commentators saying about you got a half brother in the main class?"

That was another thing Agostino hadn't told James or Declan about, the latest discovery of Agostino having a half brother in his life. Agostino sighed, hoping Declan or James wouldn't hear about it, still something Agostino's coming to terms with.

Agostino Romano: "Yeah, it's true. They must've mentioned Graziano Moretti, right?"

James Brown: "It seemed like you're surprised as we were when we heard about Graziano crashing in the race."

Agostino Romano: "Yeah, it still is. I was told during the testing in Jerez by himself about the situation. We have the same dad but different mothers. My dad accidentally got another woman pregnant while he was drunk at a party while my mum went to a party in Malta for New Year's Eve as I also got family there."

Declan Marshall: "Well, it seems it's a good thing though that he followed your path to racing and wanting to be as successful as you. Seems a good looking lad from watching the screen."

Agostino Romano: "Indeed, a nice kid as well. He loved what I did in my good old days of celebrations and everything else I did. You guys won't believe the stuff I got up to. What you see with my videos in wrestling are nothing compared to what I used to do."

Graziano Moretti: “Things like this.”

Graziano, the half brother of Agostino, came towards them in Agostino's pit box, showing what stuff Agostino got up to, the main part of why he's still loved as James and Declan laughed at Agostino's antics with the picture of him running to the cubicle and opening the door to it.

Declan Marshall: "Oh man, I thought Agostino was kidding when he went to the cubicle, but not at all, it seemed like."

James Brown: "Can you expect Agostino apart from today for a valid reason to take anything seriously? We have known him too long by now to know that he gets up to his tricks."

Graziano Moretti: “Um, who are these people, Agostino?”

Of course, things were going a bit weird when Graziano came from nowhere about things going down between Agostino, James and Declan. Because he's part of the Agostino family, he had every right to ask about the people that came to watch Agostino race.

Agostino Romano: "Oh, that's my manager in wrestling, James Brown, and this guy is my trainer for wrestling, Declan Marshall."

Graziano Moretti: "Oh, I've seen James on the screen, of course, silly me. Nice to meet you guys finally. Sorry, you had to, you know, come down to a race that had Jason passing away. It's not normally like this."

Declan Marshall: "Agostino told us earlier how things have changed regarding safety in Motorcycle racing. It's nice to see you for sure, Graziano, but we got an early flight to America tomorrow as we aren't sure when Agostino is wrestling next, but best to be there, just in case."

Graziano Moretti: "Nice to meet you and James as well. You two are awesome, helping Agostino become a better wrestler."

James Brown: "Oh, I'm not really. Just accompany him to the ring and instruct him to keep his focus on his opponents."

Graziano fist-bumped James and Declan due to the pandemic at the moment, while the two half brothers hug each other. Agostino wished Graziano the best of luck and telling him to remember the tips he gave him as they went their separate ways. Usually, Agostino would set up a party to celebrate his win, but it wasn't wise to after everything today.

Agostino, James and Declan went to Agostino's motorhome as Agostino went to his room to change into his regular clothes. At the same time, James and Declan put the television on and saw what was on in Germany. Of course, during the trip, they had seen Agostino's family, even though they've seen Francesco before when he helped Agostino move into his new home in Cleveland, Ohio.

They relax, watching television most of the day with Agostino cooking Declan and James pizza, while Agostino had pasta with cheese and tomato sauce. After they've eaten, they play video games for a while, until ten at night for them to go off to sleep.

--------------------------------------

Monday 31st May. (Off-Camera)

As they woke up in the morning, Agostino got a knock on his motorhome door. He got out of his bed, yawning as he left his bedroom to go straight to the door of his motorhome as he opens it, seeing an old guy without any hair or beard, a guy who's wearing glasses, holding a few items in hand.

Global Bike Championship boss: "Since we'll likely not see you again this season. Would you mind signing this Jason Dupasquier poster?"

Agostino Romano: "Sure, no problem at all. Can I get.."

As he's going to ask for a print-out of the poster, he received one that would fit in his bag, promoting both sports at once. Agostino took the pen from the boss of the Global Bike Championship and signed his name on the poster.

Global Bike Championship boss: "Thank you, Agostino. I'll see you some time next year or whenever you'll replace for racing. Hope you'll promote Jason for us in Sin City Wrestling with that flag poster."

Agostino Romano: "I'll take care of it, don't worry."

The boss of the series left Agostino alone as he closed the door and got changed into his regular clothes as Declan and James woke up.

Declan Marshall: "What's all that about?"

Agostino Romano: "Oh, it's just this thing we all have to do when a rider passes away, we sign our names on the poster. I even got a poster myself to take, or rather, it's a flag more of sorts when I walk to the ring with the flag poster in my entrance, whoever I face in my next match. I can wrap my trophy around it."

James Brown: "Good thing we woke up as well. Anyway, let's get ourselves packed before we leave for Las Vegas."

Agostino nodded as before they do; they got changed into their regular clothes before they fancy going to the hospitality suite of the factory Yamaha quarters to get some breakfast to eat. After they've done that, they went back to the motorhome of Agostino's to collect their belongings and got a taxi to the airport to take them back to Las Vegas.

----------------------------------------------

Praying to god, but more seriously for the first time in Agostino's life. Cleveland, Ohio. Thursday 3rd June. (On Camera)

It was one of the fortunate things about life that Agostino was thankful for. Since he's the only SCW roster member who had a double load of vaccinations, he could do his videos outside of Vegas now. So in that regards, Agostino can do more exploring, especially now more places are opening up. He's at a church with a Jesus statue on the wall, having even god statues in some locations as well.

Agostino needed to get away from Las Vegas for a bit to allow himself to sleep in the new apartment he barely touched. Needless to say that Agostino was back at home now. He made sure the banner for Jason Dupasquier was up in the church, making it seem Jesus was holding it, although it was an easy reach to take off.

Agostino Romano: "What can I say when it comes to a particular event I had to experience first hand? Well, the first thing you ask yourselves is why am I feeling sad? Why am I on my knees in tears? I will let the cameraman do the talking in this instance."

For a while, the cameraman turned to the Swiss flag with the banner of Jason's face on it, saying Ride In Peace Jason Dupasquier and also Ja50n forever. It was hard for Agostino as he had never shown seriousness before, and it wasn't something he wanted to do.

Agostino Romano: "Well, I know I'm facing against Brother David Shephard. The thing is, I had planned to come to a church, even if I wasn't facing him. The point is I'm not going to do my usual fun antics for this video. It's not appropriate for this case. The massive crash Jason suffered is the reason why I take a lot of things for granted in and out of wrestling. It's why I don't ask or demand a damn thing. You learn to appreciate that you're alive and appreciate the opportunities you get given to you."

Agostino nodded, although it did deviate away from the match. That's hard for Agostino to take to speak about his opponent in this matter, his not usual self.

Agostino Romano: "So Brother David Shephard, we have faced before, a few weeks ago as a matter of fact, and I understand, you got yourself caught with Fenris and his family. Well more you caused issues with Fenris for some reason. I haven't missed the part of you kissing Fenris. Given that it's pride month, whatever personal business you have has nothing to do with me. So no, I'm not going to comment much on it because it's none of my business, and I'll focus on the wrestling side of things."

Agostino barely could bring himself to speak, even if the crash, because he was at the circuit, didn't involve him; it still affected him a lot.

Agostino Romano: "I can't say much about you when you didn't say a lot to me, so I can't discuss that, but what I can discuss is your preaching to god a lot. I don't get why you become so strict on your values on following everything in the bible. Apart from today, I never take anything seriously because I like to have fun, and you don't have to be serious to win titles. I've proven that in the wrestling."

At times, Declan had tried to get Agostino serious about matches, but he couldn't, and nobody can convince Agostino otherwise. He takes a drink of water.

Agostino Romano: "I think you're impressive in the ring, especially you have come leaps and bounds from the loss you had against me the first time around. I rather talk about the fact you tied with Fenris, or you did because you both ignored the referee and wanted each other's head. I never see a problem with Fenris at all. He seems to be a cool guy to me. I don't have any problems with anyone because, unlike some wrestlers who get upset on comments thrown in at them, I came from another sport that lets me deal with trolls and hate every single day, and the best thing is to ignore them."

Agostino tries hard to hide and run from showing any emotions that weren't fun and jokey because it was difficult. Declan went over to Agostino, whispered in his ear and patted the heart part of his chest.

Agostino Romano: "So you see David, call me whatever you want, say what you want, but it will do nothing at all to affect me. You may have come back and defeated everyone around you, but while I know, you were having an off day when we last fought, I do have you in my sights to do it again, but I know you'll be a lot more prepared because it usually what happens when people focus elsewhere. Many people think you don't have any focus for the match as we speak because of the kiss that has distracted you. Still, while the death of Jason Dupasquier did affect me because I was there to experience the crash, much as you were with that kiss with Fenris, I have to put that behind me and do everything I can to beat you in the ring."

That's what Agostino can do best at the moment as he took a while to gather himself with tears running down his eyes, showing emotion that nobody had ever seen from Agostino.

Agostino Romano: "The thing is that to tell you all the truth, I don't want to win this match for myself, I'm happy to be in Sin City Wrestling because again, you got to be happy what you take in life and some of you may say, oh I'm not strong enough to give out trash talk, but I don't need to. I have no reason to dislike David and have no reason why I have to listen to everyone. If they get offended by me ignoring them, so be it. How many wrestlers would attempt to ignore criticisms from others? None, and I'm the first to do that."

Agostino puts his heads together, saying a prayer in his head directly to god, to protect Jason Dupasquier from the harm and neglect he may have while in heaven. Agostino opens his eyes.

Agostino Romano: "I hope you are ready with whatever you want to throw at me; go ahead because I'm not afraid, no matter what people think about me being a joke. I don't care because I like to know thinking I'm a jokester and play jokes on anyone I can find. You may have upped your game and racking up some wins, even were a Roulette champion. You are the definition of being a hard worker; especially you had to come through Underground to make your mark before coming to SCW. That takes guts, to be honest."

Agostino nodded, not being his usual self and still saw Jason in his mind, no matter how much he looked at the banner, teary eyes, shaking his fists. He releases them.

Agostino Romano: "While I will go out there, showing you once again on everything I can bring to the table, being a wild and wacky wrestler to pin you because I'm the more focused one here, and you can read the monologues of bibles on reading up what it says within your religion, but you aren't going to beat me. I will be doing that job by throwing myself around the ring, with you in the moves obviously and win again."

A small moment of pause for a few minutes as there was nothing from Agostino until five minutes later.

Agostino Romano: "You are a tough, talented wrestler, but I had proven people wrong before like I did when I beat you in a match; I'll do it again. I will see you on Sunday night when I will not only win for myself, but the match of us tearing the house down will be for the dearly departed Jason Dupasquier, and the match will be dedicated to him and his family which means you will get the best Agostino you've seen in the ring. I'm still going to give you everything I have to get this win because I can and I will, and there's no going back to it. I admire you want to come at me for the loss. It will do you no good when I'll pin you for the three count because nobody can stop me from winning."

Agostino pointed to the door for a cameraman to leave as Agostino's done, and he does a bit of praying for a bit. Agostino then got up from the floor, feeling a lot happier than he was. Agostino stood up, took the flag banner from Jesus statue and left the church with a completely fresh start of getting his head into this match and fast. Agostino does manage to get his head together, luckily on Saturday afternoon, knowing Agostino will be in a match for as long as he can. He then went to bed afterwards.

I love AJ Allmendinger.