Author Topic: CC260 - Going to Enjoy This  (Read 520 times)

Offline Ace

• View Profile
CC260 - Going to Enjoy This
« on: January 31, 2020, 10:56:55 PM »

Getting Myself Right

SCW Climax Control #260
Teddy Warren versus Travis Levitt

The scene opens up on a simple shot. Travis Levitt sitting back comfortably on a sofa and watching the TV, which is showing some Griffin Hawkins matches. He's not alone though, as sitting beside him and snuggled in under his arm is the number one woman in his life. Her eyes are glued on the screen too, but its a lot more adorable when she offers up some critique.

"You see how early he goes on that clothesline, Dad? He shows it way too early. Gives you lotsa time to counter it.”

Travis looks down at his daughter Desiree with a wide smile stretching his lips.

”You know he's just as quick, right? I've made the mistake of underestimating him once before. I won't do it again.”

”You're not underestimating him. You're listening to expert analysis to help find his flaws.”

”Expert analysis, huh? What makes you such an expert?”

”My Daddy is the best wrestler in the world. That's what!”

Travis stares at her for a moment but he can't help but grin and shake his head, utterly outplayed by that last comment. The father and daughter duo are interrupted by a knock at the door, and Travis turns towards the door with a smile.

”It's open!”

The door swings open to reveal the smiling face of Hannah Perry who takes a half step in and looks over a the two with a gentle smile.

"I hate to interrupt the analysis session, but its a school night. Bed time Miss Desiree.”

”Awwww! But I'm helping Daddy with his match! Can't I stay up a little longer?”

Travis shakes his head gently and pulls Desiree in for a big tight cuddle.

”Not tonight Sweetie. I'll pause our Griffin watch and we can continue that tomorrow. But for now I need to talk about Teddy Warren, and I don't want you to hear that language.”

”What are you going to say about that buttface that I can't hear?”

”Desiree.....”

Desiree rolls her eyes but gives her Dad a cuddle and a kiss on the cheek before hopping down with a smile.

”Fine. I'll just watch it tomorrow on SCWrestling.net anyway. Night Dad!”

”Sweet Dreams, Dessie. Have a good day at school. Go learn lots so you can be better then me.”

”Pfft. Give me a tough goal Dad, sheesh.”

Travis grins as Desiree walks out, and his eyes flick to Hannah who is watching him. The two share a look before Hannah merely raises an eyebrow and Travis lets out a dramatic sigh.

”Yes Yes. You and Reece were right. You happy?”

"Then you could ever know. I do so love being right.”

”So I'm learning.”

Travis shakes his head and turns back to look at the screen where Griffin Hawkins is posing with his roulette title after a defense. His smile falters slightly, glaring at the screen and Hannah looks over at the screen and then back at Travis. Her arms cross over her chest as she watches him for a moment.

"You can't forgive him, can you? Even after everything good that came from what happened.”

”Just because good came from it, doesn't make what he did right, Hannah.”

Travis looks over at her and sighs softly. Glancing down at the floor and then shaking his head firmly.

”He took away months of my career. Put me right back at the bottom of the pile, and he got my title as well. He's dangerous, not just to me, but to everyone that gets in the ring with him.”

"Travis, it was an acc--”

”No!”

Travis's tone is firm, without raising his voice, and it stops Hannah in her tracks. The Phoenix looks down at the floor and then over at Hannah, and by the way his teeth are clenched and his jaw is shuffling its clear he is trying to keep himself calm as he looks over at Hannah. Waiting a moment and letting out a long breath before shaking his head.

”I do not accept it was an accident. IF it was an accident, then the first person that comes and sees me backstage is Griff. He tracks me down, he apologises, and this ends there. But he didn't do that. So either, he didn't know what he had done, which makes him negligent, or he did, and that makes him dangerous. And I find it hard to believe he didn't realise what he had done, considering how much I was screaming when he tore my shoulder right out of its fucking socket!”

Travis pauses again and then looks down and shakes his head once more. Its clear he is still angry and Hannah watches him for a moment and then nods.

"Okay. Then do whatever you think you must, and we'll see you on the other side.”

”Thanks Hannah. Good night.”

The two share another look and Hannah nods as she walks towards the exit. Travis watches her leave and then sits forward, clenching his hands together and rubbing at them before looking at the TV. He scowls as he sees it's still paused on Griffin with the title, picking up his remote and arching his arm to throw the remote but stops himself. Glaring at the image for a moment longer and then instead just pressing the off button instead. Setting the remote down, Travis picks up his phone and plays with it for a moment, but then gets up and stands up, heading over to a coffee table, picking up his keys and a leather jacket, and then heading out the door as the scene fades out.

---

The scene fades back in on a starry sky, and then down to reveal the shot of Travis sitting on the hood of his Pontiac Firebird. In his hand he has a simple styrofoam mug, and he raises it to his lips taking a small swig before glancing at the screen, which is clearly just his phone being held in his other hand.

”Hey SCW. Nice quiet night out here, and I find myself staring up at the stars and trying to come up with some deep thoughts for you all. Shouldn't be hard, the amount I've gone through in these past few years, I should easily find something to rage on about. Right? But the truth is, my life is good lately. I have my daughter back. I haven't even thought of drugs in weeks. I've got a title shot and a chance for revenge in my future. Everything is going good for me. And yet....”

He pauses and lets out a sigh, taking another small sip of his cup, and then glancing back at the phone.

”Tea, btw. White. Two sugars. Still good.”

He smiles and looks away again and after a moment glances back at the camera with a smile.

”As I was saying, restless. And I think part of it, is knowing how close I am to getting what I want. But also waiting on that other shoe to drop, expecting to have it all taken away in a heartbeat. I keep glancing around, looking for the bad news to come, and yet it hasn't. Not yet. So while the bad news takes its time to get here, I guess the best way I've got to unleash that tension is in between those ropes. And this week I've got a very easy target.”

“Teddy Warren-Steele. Boy, you are all sorts of fucked up, aintcha?”

“I mean, I've met arrogant people before. I once dared to share a ring with Randy Fields after all. I've even met some delusional people along my journey. Chris Cane......the stories I could tell you of that man. And then I've met people that just assume they are entitled to have shit handed at their feet too. Which reminds me, I've been meaning to message Jacob Cass and see how that prick is doing. You see, the point I'm trying to make here, is I've been wrestling a long time. I've met all sorts of people, but YOU, Teddy. You my man.....you take the fucking cake as biggest jackass, and you don't even leave any leftovers for somebody else to have a slice.”

Travis chuckles and shakes his head as he takes another sip of his cup and then looks back up at the sky with a soft smile. Eyes creasing a little and sitting forward.

”Hang on,wait......that bright light.......is that......Teddy's ego?”

Travis keeps staring for a moment but then leans back relaxed and shakes his head.

”Nah. Just another satellite. It wasn't big enough to be Teddy's ego. False alarm people.”

“So, Teddy, I gotta ask. I know you bluster and blabber a lot. I know you've got the inflated self-opinion. But you don't actually think you have a chance against a guy like Fenris, right? That boy will pick apart your bones and suck them dryer then Dracula after he wakes up after a centuries sleep. See, this is where part of me actually stares in astonishment and just a little bit of approval at you. The way you bluster and scream for attention, begging for every fight you can get.....I like it. It deserves some applause. You don't look at the biggest dog in the yard, and wonder 'What if?'. No that's not the Teddy Steele way. No, you instead strap some raw meat on your ass, and go dancing in front of that motherfucker looking for the attention. Now, naturally, when you get the attention, it comes courtesy of a twelve-gauge ass whooping and you drag your carcass back to Kate for her to kiss you better, BUT STILL, you gave it a shot anyway.”

“Now this week, you've been put in front of me. Maybe there's a part of you thinking you have a chance. Maybe there's a part of you thinking you could get my title shot with a win. The sad reality for you is, there's no title shot in this for you. Just three seconds staring up at the ceiling and counting the pretty lights. I don't want to seem like I'm taking it for granted, Teddy but I just......I don't picture a scenario where you beat me. I just can't. I'm Travis Levitt. The Phoenix. One of the best damn wrestlers in the world. I'm a member of Wolfslair, the rightful Roulette Champion and, most importantly, the father of a daughter. And seeing how you've treated the women of SCW lately......”

Travis takes in a deep breath and then lets it out and chuckles as he stares at the camera.

”I am looking forward to this. Looking forward to just how much devastation I can bring upon your dumb ass before the referee calls for the mercy bell! See Teddy, I can admire you for picking fights, but when it comes to your attitude towards women, and attitude so shocking even your own WIFE turned on your ass, then I consider it my God-given pleasure to be the one that boots some sense back inside that thick skull of yours.”

“At Climax Control, Teddy, do come and bring your best. Hit me with your best shots. Show me everything you have. Because it's going to make it that much more satisfying when I drop you on your head and get the win. And Griffin, you show your face this week, and I'll have a Redemption Kick with your name on it too.”

And with that, Travis hits the button and ends the scene as we fade to black.

>