Author Topic: The very best  (Read 719 times)

Offline Goth

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Gerrit
The very best
« on: August 19, 2022, 10:50:49 AM »

The Genesis of Goth

Chapter Eleven: The very Best

August 17th 2022

JW Marriott Hotel, Chandigarth

Goth drops his jacket on the bed after he and Melissa have entered their hotel room, placing his suitcase next to the bed before giving his fiancé a hug and kiss. The two stay there motionless for a few moments before breaking the embrace.

“See you in a bit, going to take a shower first.”

Melissa says as she gives him a wink, he smiles as he nods his head before sitting down on the bed. Grabbing his cell phone and checks his messages, smiling as he sees some pictures from his son who has flown back to visit his grandmother. Goth was happy to have spend some time with his son and Melissa together, but now with the focus back to this week’s Climax Control and Violent Conduct coming up forces him to concentrate on what he has to do.

He places his cell phone down on the bed next to him after replying to his son, he drops backwards on the bed and spreads his arms while staring at the ceiling. He remembered how different things were when he had started his career nearly 20 years ago, he could not afford the luxury that he was having right now. But his confidence that one day everything would change had kept him from going insane, plus the many nights snuggling with his wife had gotten him through the worst of times that he could remember. Back in the day he had a desire to be better, to being able to support him and his wife. And if that had meant to secure title wins, stabbing the ones that he had trusted in the back before they did it to him… Then he would, it was a character trade that had hardened him, to drop the sentimental bullshit that he  had seen many others during his career crumble underneath the pressure.

“Back then you knew who you could trust and who just came along for the ride.”

He smirks, it was a line that his wife had often said to him to remind him that he shouldn’t be too open minded for those who would try to sell him nothing more than hot air. Back then it had driven him crazy, but it had caused him to smarten up and see the truth between the lines. Something he had learned to adapt and use with those he could and had to trust, just like this coming week when he and his fellow Savior Ken Davison teamed up against an unlikely duo to compete in a once in a lifetime match.

“Goth and Ken Davison vs. Ben Jordan and Chris Page. The Cockney King and the Chronic One… ”

The words swiftly leaves his lips as if he had spoken them a million times, but truth is that these are merely a once in a lifetime. A confrontation that would make people look back at many years from now with he realization that they had witnessed a fantasy become reality. The What IF in sports media, hypothesizing what would have happened if Ali had faced Tyson, Jordan vs. Lebron and the list goes on and on. And now? There are four names that would have never thought that they would ever be in the same right with each other, let alone compete.

He smiles, it makes him think back to the first time he had faced Lady Ashe, a woman that had dominated the company he was in back in 2006. Dominated many of the superstars, winning the world title in the same fashion he would have done a year later. The first time they faced was a mid-card match for a mid-card championship. A year later it was built as the two Psycho Circus winners go head ahead to determine who the very best was of the two. Well history had ultimately come to the conclusion that it was the man from the Netherlands.

“Ugh, it’s time to order something to eat.”

He says as he gets up, grabs the phone next to the bed and informs the reception of what he and his fiancé want to eat. He decides to take off his shirt and walk into the bathroom. He notices vaguely the curves from Melissa through the shower door window as he walks towards the sink and splashes some of the water across his face before staring himself down in the mirror. Recognizing the features of a man of 45, something that to this very day was surprised off that he could still compete at this age against young talents that already are believing that they had reached the pinnacle of their careers. This caused him to laugh before splashing some more water in his face.

“What’s so funny?”

Asks Melissa as she had opened up the door of the shower so that she could peak her head around the corner smiling. He smiles back at her as he turns around and leans his hands against the sink. Staring at the long wet hair of the woman that he had fallen in love with several years ago.

”How long you were going to claim that shower today.”

Goth is met by a playful scowl from Melissa, who tosses a bottle of shampoo towards him that he manages to catch at the last moment. She closes the door quickly as he hears her giggle. He remains there standing before turning around, he was tempted to step into the shower with her but decided to rest a little before preparing for another work out.

Later that day the camera’s catches Goth in the gym, working out solely as Mac Bane is nowhere to be seen. Goth knew that the world champion had some other business to attend to outside Sin City Wrestling, he thought about him being the special guest referee as that brought a smile upon his face. Already soft whispers have been flying through the hallways about several what if scenario’s. About who he would align with? Would he be able to call it straight down the middle?? And the only thing Goth is concerned about is getting ready for most likely THE match of the year so far for him. The sweat is pouring from his face as he is bench pressing several more times before placing the halter back upon its position and sits upwards. He wipes some of the sweat from his brow before taking a drink of water. He takes a moment to draw his attention away from the workout for a moment as he notices Melissa running on the treadmill. He smiles, he had enjoyed the pure shock on the faces of everyone in attendance this past Sunday on Climax Control. There she had taken out Jessie Salco and would have done so much more if it hadn’t been for her friends that had come to the rescue. The people were outraged over her antics towards Jessie, but it was Goth’s mental installments that had prepared her for the sudden change in demeanor. He had seen the vicious side brewing inside of her, something he knew that would be necessary at times to succeed in this business. Because even though how successful Jessie has been in the past, you have to realize that good girls always finish last.

He slowly gets up, looks at the ring where he sees Ken Davison spar against one of the trainers. He had come to respect the man even more after their one on one confrontation to determine who would become the number one contender for the internet title. Goth respected the man that, just like him is a veteran to the game that takes no bullshit from others and does not like the flashy stuff that is popular these days when it comes down to the sport of wrestling.

“Take him down Ken, that’s it.”

Goth notices him starting to whisper encouragements to his fellow Savior, knowing full well that Ken doesn’t need it and knew he didn’t hear him. Causing him to realize how much he is invested in the group that has helped him see the light of how much he wasn’t getting the opportunities THEY felt he should have gotten. Although Goth was satisfied with the role he had in the company, he for some reason felt that something was missing. And he has found that fire that he knew from memories past and the taste for success only made him want more. Goth finally snaps out of his thoughts when he sees Ken nod towards him, he nods his head in understanding and walks towards the bar where they both order some refreshments.

“I guess it is time that we share the ring once again doesn’t it??”

He says with a smile upon his face as he takes a sip from the protein shake that he had ordered, savoring the taste in his mouth before wiping his mouth off as he stares at the knowingly smile from Ken Davison.

“You know, Gerrit, at least we’re on the same side of it this time.”

Ken smiles wryly.

“Funny when you think about it. When Mac talked me into coming over here, the Saviors were supposed to be this group of thugs. Look at us now. Turned from that bunch of thugs to household names? We’re sitting here, names on the marquee, holding half the gold. I’d say we’re doing alright for ourselves.”

The two smile, each of them taking time to enjoy their drinks. Goth looks ahead of him, thoughts drifting away towards this Sunday. Facing two men he has in his career had met Ben Jordan only once. In case of Chris Page it’s not so difficult that neither men has ever met as both men have never been up and down the road as competitors for the same company. But that’s fate as he has an opportunity to change that.

“Guilder for your thoughts??”

Asks Ken, causing Goth to snap out of his thoughts and stare at the man’s face. He could see the deterioration in his face from all the battles he has been in throughout his careers, the scars that he knew he has over his body himself as well. Causing his respect for his fellow Saviors member to grow even more, wondering who truly would win when he and Mac Bane would decide the outcome of the world title.

“I want to win this one Ken, that’s obvious I know. But there is so much more at stake than merely this tag team match. Pride, honor. The mere fact that I can stare in the eyes of the man that I have not faced since Climax Control 100, to know how much has changed since that Battle Royal that took place many years ago. As well as facing a man that wants the world to believe that there’s nobody better than him. You do know what that does to a man with my pride don’t you??”

Ken stares at me before he decides to answer Goth.

“A man with your pride. I will have to get my a DVD with my greatest losses on it. You see this?”

Ken holds his hands out, showing two large, roundish scars on the palms of his hands.

“This is what pride got me… crucified. Don’t recommend it, by the way. Don’t get me wrong, that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t walk in there like we’re not two of the baddest men in this business, because we are. I’m just saying we let the two of them believe that they are exactly what their pride says they are. They want to believe that they are better than us? Let them believe it. I’d rather speak with my actions and show them otherwise.”[/color]

Goth is silent for a moment, letting the words from Ken Davison sink into his brain. Causing him to realize that he is right, his fingers dig into the table that they are seated at. He finally nods his head and grins

“I hate it when you are right, but this is Ben Freaking Jordan and Chris Page. If I had the opportunity to choose on who I would want to get face to face with inside the six sided ring, then I have to disappoint Finn Whelan and Lachlan Kane and put all my money on Ben Jordan. Because I know that this man sets the standard in this company for how many years?? And even though this man has been without a world title for so many years until finally obtaining it two years ago…. He is st

ill a key component of what made this company. And even though I am making bigger strides every single time, I feel there are a few hurdles that I still want to take and he is one of them.”

He smiles towards Ken Davison

“But I have not lost sight on what is going to take place this Sunday my friend.”

“This match is important for a number of reasons. Both of us have been riding huge waves of momentum and knowing I have Mac waiting for me, I need every ounce of momentum I can get. Besides, Jordan’s got a win over me and I am a huge fan of avenging my losses.”[/color]

Goth nods his head, he takes a sip from his protein shake, he stares at the spot where Melissa is doing a workout with some dumbbells before turning his attention back to Ken.

“I will be there to make sure that we get opportunities to win Ken, because I know that we need to be at our absolute BEST to beat these two. Continuity is key in this match, something that we have since I joined the Saviors. We MUST take advantage of this to beat two great wrestlers. We owe this to ourselves to prove this to them.”

The seriousness on Ken’s face shows he understands the gravity of the situation.

“The way I see things, I am always the underdog. I’m always older, slower, weaker… there’s always some disadvantage. That’s why I look for any opening I can take. Page and Jordan, they aren’t a team. They aren’t brothers. They are, above all else, not fighting for anything bigger than themselves.:[/color]

Ken grabs his water bottle, finishes it, and screws the cap back on.

“We aren’t going to sit here and allow ourselves to be made examples of. There is a reason that the front office has resorted to booking matches where one Savior faces off against another of us. That’s because we are the standard bearers of this company. We are the men and women that each and other wrestlers in this company are measured against. Ben Jordan and Chris Page are going to learn that, just like Wolfslair and anyone else who thinks that they can stand against us, we are the best for a reason..”{/b]

Goth’s expression is as serious as that of Ken Davison, he knows that the worlds hold truth to what he is speaking.

“I always go into a match with the knowledge that this match is the most important one for me at that point. And this Sunday won’t be any different, THIS will ultimately have to prove WHY we have been put in this match against these two legends, you speak off that you are always the underdog going into a match??? At this point, there isn’t any other man that I would rather have in my corner to watch my back against these two men. Because even though I may have set record after record, deep down inside the expectation is that Ben Jordan will overcome all the odds that will be thrown in front of him. But deep down inside his gut, I know that he will be looking across the ring against two men that are more than capable of making everyone’s lives a living hell…. theirs included.”

“I know I sound like I’m in front of the camera. I’m not trying to convince you, I want you to know that, brother. It’s just how I work myself up. This match is different for me, yet, it’s very much the same as Himatashii and that other guy from Sin City Underground. I know technically Underground was still Sin City, but I wasn’t about to let two guys from there come in and take food off of my plate. If I wouldn’t let them, I sure as hell won’t let Page do it.“[/color]

Ken chuckles to himself.

“I should be writing this down. There’s some good material I could use later.”

Goth chuckles at the remark from Ken Davison and nods his head.

“I am glad that we are on the same page Ken, we both have travelled different paths to get to this point in our careers. But we are here to put an end to something before it even has an opportunity to hatch. Because Chris Page will walk away in the end after a few more checks being cashed in… And Ben Jordan?? He is a man that I have a lot of respect for, But he is a man that I have to beat this Sunday, not because he once have beaten me… But because I know I am capable of doing something that only a few have done. And that moment has to come this Sunday, wouldn’t you agree??”

He smiles at Ken Davison

“Of course. We’re completely on the same page.”[/color]
Goth smiles as the two men continue their talk while the shot slowly fades.

The wonders of being the King, The King of Kings

Chapter: Ben Jordan & Chris Page.

August 19th 2022

Goth can be seen seated on the third row at the Rock Garden Outdoor Amphitheatre, overlooking the crew of Sin City Wrestling building up the six sided ring that he and Ken Davieson will be competing inside against the unlikely twosome of Ben Jordan and Chris Page. The Internet champion is clothed in a bright Hawaiian and matching knee high shorts, drinking from a bottle of water as he motions to the camera crew to come closer.

“Thank you for being able to come over and have me discuss the up and coming tag team match this coming Sunday on Climax Control. Apparently Sin City Wrestling has not lied when they have told the world that they would make this Indian tour a dpecial one. Pitting four of the most experienced wrestlers in a tag team match, a team that I could say that I have only faced off against Ben Jordan once, back at Climax Control 100. And that was in a losing effort in a Battle Royal. And a man that has been a travelling journey man throughout many federations, where he had obtained more success than anyone can imagine. And the question on everyone’s mind is, are we excited???”[/color]

Goth grins while shaking his head , he unscrews the top of the bottle before taking a sip from the water and stares back at the camera.

“I know you must have been thinking that the answer would bewhether Chris and Ben could co-exist?? And even though it has indeed crossed my mind a few moments, I realize that if there are two men that could jell together like a well-oiled machine. Than it would be these two, wouldn’t you agree?? And seeing the multitude of experience considered by those who like to use the Old Yeller terminology to put the emphasis upon our age. Something that would be too foolish to even be relevant at this point. Because each of us are just like a good vintage wine, we only get better by the years.”[/color]

He says as his eyes are respectfully admiring the craftmanship of the crew that is nearly done finishing building up the six sided ring. Goth’s eagerness to test the ropes needs to be tempered, as he knows that the magic will happen this Sunday and not tonight.

“I have to admit that I got excited after seeing the card being put up and saw the names of you two gentlemen. I usually do not reserve myself to pleasantries, but don't get used to it. Because I am going to only use it once, just so that you Chris could feel welcome at this company. Because its only a temporary thing before our paths will take our own direction once more. Me defending the championship, Ken wanting to dethrone the world champion. And you two “gentlemen” are going to be in a fight of your own.”

“And I can hear the people grind their teeth, waiting for me to ask the million Dollar question, will they co-exist?? My question is that they better be, because in a match like this. A match that is more important to me than any title opportunities to be once again claimed in my own greatness. This is a match want EVERYTHING to be perfect, that there isn’t anyone out there that will utter the mere IF… or BUT, because that would only take away from the legacy of one of these four men that will do something that only a horny grasshopper could beg for. To have beaten a man of legendary status, to have the crowning moment of knowing that one man cannot overcome one pin attempt or submission that he has to go through in a losing effort. The question remains…, Who will it be???”
[/color]

There’s a moment of silence as Goth’s mind is racing before shaking his head with a glee.

“Would it be Ben Jordan? The man that has slain so many men, that has beaten my tag team partner and the current world champion without gunning for their belts. Or should it be Chris Page?? The outsider looking in, associated with Mac Bane and a hell of a wrestler of his own. And the mere thought of choosing between these two IF the opportunity would fall upon me to do so… I have to admit, it doesn’t matter. Because I know deep down inside, with the run that I have been having as of late that I know that I can take down both men.”

Goth stops talking for a moment as he stares into the camera with a concentrated look on his face, his intensity is intensified as he knows this isn’t a match where he can make fun of his opponents or take them lightly.

“I have heard the words from Ben, I have heard the words from Chris. And it’s all dandy and swell for them to come here for a one off thing and tell the world that they are just going to beat us. It may work on a Jack Washington, it may work on a Finn Whelan. Hell, I am sure that it will work on a Troll for all that I care. But seriously gents?? You are talking about a man that has been wrecking down the entire wrestling roster that has been thrown in front of me, followed by the excuses of the higher ups of them not having any better.”

“I make this product better, me and Ken Davieson make this product bearable. Because let’s face it, since the part timers only come out for special shows for a quick paycheck. It’s upon those who have been deemed unnecessary at first. Because this company has been building solely upon men like Fenris, men like Ben Jordan, men like J to the motherfucking H. And fate sometimes looks its ugly head every now and then as it takes away those who actually meant a damn thing as in Kris Ryans. His passing was a black cloud over this company, but if it wasn’t for me and Ken Davieson… you two jackasses wouldn’t have even considered showing up to strike your ego’s now would it??”

Goth’s expression turns into an annoyed one as he runs his fingers through his hair for a moment as he continues.

“Ben, you actually want to play mind games with me? I mean seriously, I had you up higher on a silver platter of being a dream opponent since CC 100. But I guess what I thought back then has evolved into disappointment. Seriously man, are you going to use the playbook that Jack Washington desperately tried to oppose on me?? Or are you merely stuck in 2020 when you successfully defended that championship belt against Senor Vinnie? Anyone can do that against an mental unstable moron like that you know??  And let’s not go on about your glorious run against other Saviors members that have held championship belts. Is this my opportunity to tell the world that I am different??? Please Ben, I have seen that trick so many times before that I just had to scratch an itch that I had forgotten that still existed.”

Goth shakes his head and playfully pouts his lips.

“I realize now that we should have had a match many years ago Ben, it would have opened up your eyes and helped your delusional antics my friend. Now I am not saying that you aren’t one of the best, because your track record clearly states it. But seriously Ben, to have officially opened up the floodgates of Heaven and have the angers sing out your names in a harmonious fashion?? Then I have to tell you this my friend, the only hymns you will be hearing is when The Man comes around. Because unlike Climax Control 100, I know I would have send you back to the drawing board and reconsider your career a million ways… But that will change this coming Sunday my friend.”

“And then there’s Chris Page.”

Goth rolls his eyes after uttering the word of the man that has got more youtube channels than many other people out there.

“Mister big time challenge, a man that wants the shock up the world with his Company. CCPE vs. the World. Good God man, did you know how often I have had to sit through and having to listen to people like you?? Quite honestly I must have count my friend. I mean sure, 18 world championships is an achievement on its own, perhaps with a number 19 coming up soon. But that’s all nice and well son, but how would fate fair you well IF you walk out Climax Control with a record of zero wins and two losses?? Now we can all state that it isn’t due to your tag team partner isn’t it Chris?? I mean seriously, you had Mac Bane, the current world champion and now the man that is once again licking his chops of prodding himself for another championship belt. Great names that are seemingly unbeatable… and that’s where the problem lays Chris… it seems that way isn’t it?? It makes things so much easier knowing that the other has got your back isn’t it??”

“Well the problem this go around my friend, that the only one that is having your back this week is me. Because I have a bullseye burned into your back and chest, I have even carved one inside your soul. Making things so much easier knowing when to strike when the moment comes. Quoting to the world the top ten favorite quotes ever made by Chris Page, making them forget that you seem to be as repetitive as all of your podcasts. Oh yeah Chris, I have been listening to your shows. Especially the one that you did with Justin Yorke, best way to fall asleep is to listen to some guys talking shit about how they have changed the world of wrestling. How nobody is willing to challenge them in CCPE…. Not realizing how much your future is hanging in the balance this coming weekend Chris. Not realizing that I will alter the future of the head of CCPE and his left hand man Justin Yorke.”

“Now I know that you must be laughing at these statements, wondering who the f*** is this Goth guy. And its quite simple Chris, I am the guy that your career has been able to avoid for at least twenty years since I entered this business. Two top dogs in the wrestling industry and all you got speaking for yourself is how great you are, how your career has sustained three decades and much props to you my friend. But you wouldn’t have lasted a year in the companies that I have been. And if you are wondering whether that is true? Ask Ben Jordan for advice my friend, he will tell you that the best way to be relevant in his opinions is to stay away for too long, come back from the moment that they have nearly forgotten you. And then choose the right opponent to face.”

“Obviously that list includes Mac Bane and Ken Davieson… but we have heard these stories haven’t we Chris?? Every wrestler has its moment to shine and when not to. There’s a problem with that when it comes down to Ben Jordan and you. Ben Jordan is like a god from the ancient times that people believed that they needed to keep them pleased by offering a sacrificial lamb And we all know this to be true, because that’s the only reason why he comes back every now and then and warns the weakened of minds with his weak at heart threats. And then there’s you, guess what you are Chris?? You are the Sacrificial Lamb, you are the one that when things would go bad needs to take the blunt from the loss of the team. Because both me and Ken knows that you win as a team and you lose as one. Not with Ben Jordan my friend, it’s either HE has won or YOU have lost… there’s nothing in between… and that’s why you two are destined to fail.”

Shot fades

>

<span style="color:limegreen">First Ever Triple Crown and Grand Slam Winner and 2nd ever Grand Slam Winner</span>