Author Topic: Phoenix  (Read 1021 times)

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
Phoenix
« on: June 09, 2023, 11:18:02 PM »
On-Camera

Friday, June 9, 2023
Back Room
Zdunich/Caldwell Residence
Hollywood Hills
Los Angeles, California
3:02 PM  PDT

A camera opens upon Seleana Zdunich sitting on a stool in what looks like an empty room that could be anywhere. Seleana wears a plain white t-shirt and a pair of blue jeans and a vacant frown on her face.

Seleana Zdunich: Is this good?

A voice comes from the other side of the camera.

The Voice: Yeah, you ready to tell the world?

Seleana nods slowly.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja.

The Voice claps happily.

The Voice: Alright, rolling.

Seleana looks into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: What does everyone want to hear?

The Voice ponders this question for a time as Seleana looks on.

The Voice: How about what Brittany’s been doing lately?

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: Are we talking about wrestling, football or prospecting with the MC?

The Voice almost seems to laugh at this question.

The Voice: Let’s start with football.

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: It is sad to watch her do what she does there but it is not surprising. She takes after her mother, worships her mother, even when she says she hates her mother. Most times she cannot decide which parent she is really keen to emulate so she vacillates between them. She is so keen to be who she thinks she is supposed to be, so keen to eclipse them and it spills over into everything else at times. In football she had to share ownership of the Detroit team with her brother which was never going to end well, ja?

She nods sadly.

Seleana Zdunich: Asking Brittany to share that was almost asking for trouble. She and Brayden are their parents’ mini-mes in many ways. I love them both dearly but I am not blind and to watch Brittany put a bounty on her own team’s quarterback for no reason and have it be Brayden’s wife, Sofia…

Shaking her head, Seleana looks away from the camera. 

Seleana Zdunich: I know it is not the first time she has done such things. It is why everyone always thinks she is only out for selfish gains and cannot stand it if someone else has what she believes is her spotlight. In  this case, I think she believed she would be a superstar owner like many of your American sports teams have and that the attention would be on her for putting together a great team especially with her own wife as the star receiver and defeating her mother.

She shakes her head again.

Seleana Zdunich: It was not enough for her. Some would even say she emulated the worst traits of her mother in this.

A moment passes before the Voice responds.

The Voice: What about the MC?

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: Her wife is in it, as are their other housemates. I would hope she can manage to last out the try-out process but I do not know if that will happen because I do not know if Brittany really wants it and I do not know if she can stop herself from upsetting the other members.

A page can be heard flipping from the direction the Voice is coming as if whoever is speaking is reading bullet points off a notebook.

The Voice: What about the match you recently refereed between your wives?

Seleana’s head droops though she almost seems to be laughing to herself about it.

Seleana Zdunich: I know it was coming…

The Voice: The question or the match situation?

Selena looks up and shrugs

Seleana Zdunich: Both, ja?

She nods resignedly.

Seleana Zdunich: Alex was not feeling like the Diamond anymore. She was not feeling like Dat Girl. Christina could see it too and she know the feeling herself because there are days she does not feel like the Crystal or the Rose. They both feel like imposters. They feel like what people have said to and about me for years except no one says they have Stockholm Syndrome or look like they belong in one of those videos that are made for hostages to beg for help without begging for help. I see who they are, who they can be because they show it to me when no one else can see it. I know sometimes they feel lost and must look for what they are missing. I know they will find it but sometimes they do not believe or see.

She trails off slightly.   

Seleana Zdunich: Christina thought she could do for Alex what I did for her. Why I needed to be there while she made this attempt…?

She shrugs again.

Seleana Zdunich: I do not know. Maybe Christina wanted an audience?

She pauses, thinking of other possible answers.

Seleana Zdunich: Maybe she worried she needed me to stop her if something went wrong? 

Seleana shakes her head.

Seleana Zdunich: I do not know but I know she made sure my name appeared in an altered form on the poster for the first and last time that will ever happen. Alex has never asked me to use her name and I have never asked her if I should or could use it. My name is Seleana Zdunich. I know Christina stopped using my name because she found it difficult to pronounce even after hearing it for several years now. Alex uses my name in certain personal and legal situations. She still needs time and I am happy to give it to her.

The Voice: So Christina’s plan did not work?

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: It was never going to. Christina is not me. Alex is not Christina.

Another page flips.

The Voice: So what about this match with Laura Phoenix?

Seleana manages to smile.

Seleana Zdunich: She is a formidable opponent. Talented, skilled, physically gifted, experienced…

Pausing, Seleana goes down a mental list of things about Laura Phoenix.

Seleana Zdunich: She goes about things the right way. She is a credit to the company and a wonderful addition. I cannot wait to step in the ring with her. This will be a good match that will have no bullshit attached to it and I am keen for this!

She pauses again.

Seleana Zdunich: The Phoenix… in Phoenix.

The smile beams off her face.

Seleana Zdunich: It is good, ja?

She nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Are we finished?

Pages flip back.

The Voice: Yeah, we’re good.

Seleana nods as the voice is revealed to be that of Alexandra “Diamond” Caldwell with their wife, Christina, right there with her.

Seleana Zdunich: I still look like hostage victim?

Alex shakes her head as they kiss.

Alexandra "Diamond" Caldwell-ZdunichNo, Baby, you don’t.

Christina joins them and kisses them both in kind.

Christina "Crystal Hilton" Zdunich-Caldwell: I love you so much.

Alexandra "Diamond" Caldwell-ZdunichI love you.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, that is me as well…

She reaches over to the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: That is enough of that, ja?