Author Topic: Artie…Future World Heavyweight Champion?!  (Read 363 times)

Offline Bobbie Dahl

• View Profile
    • Bobbie Dahl
Artie…Future World Heavyweight Champion?!
« on: May 03, 2024, 09:10:40 PM »
Monday April 29th
Hastings, England

Last night was the opening week of the Blast From The Past tournament, as well as the first show in the Battleground Tour in Hastings. Bobbie and Peter Vaughn were successful in their first round match, which meant it was now time for the pair to move forward and focus on Artie and Kallie’s first round match. Unfortunately for Artie, it would not be an easy feat, because he would have to go up against a man returning to SCW…Konrad Raab.

They needed some sleep first, however. Which is what they got. A good night’s sleep. They would be travelling to France for the next stop of the tour, but they were staying in England one more day anyway. They were just making their way into the lobby, preparing to go do some sightseeing, when they stopped dead in their tracks. Well, Artie did first. Someone was walking into the hotel he was not expecting to see. His father!

“Dad??” He says, letting go of Bobbie’s hand and walking to his father. Bobbie was equally surprised to see her father in-law, but she was more interested in where Artie’s mother was. “What are you doing here?! Where’s Mom?” Artie looks around, expecting to see his mother, but she was most definitely not there.

His father scowls as he sets his suitcase down. “She’s not here.” His recent angry attitude had not changed, which Artie did not appreciate. Bobbie wanted to say something, but she remained quiet, knowing full well it may set him off.

“Uhh…okay.” Artie scratches his head. “But what are you doing here? How did you know we were staying in this hotel?”

His father shrugs. “I knew you’d give all the info to Ken and Barb, so I called Ken. He told me where you were staying. What are you not happy to see me or something? Because I can leave if that’s–”

“What?! No!” Artie raises his voice. He still didn’t understand why his father was being this way, but he got the impression he would be finding out soon enough. “I’m just surprised to see you is all. And without Mom. You two usually never travel alone so it just threw me off. Of course I don’t want you to leave.”

His father rolls his eyes, and actually glances to Bobbie. “Bobbie.” Just a simple greeting, but it was almost as if he wasn’t happy to see her. It hurt not only Bobbie, but Artie also. Before Bobbie could greet him back, Artie had had enough, and decided to address the elephant in the room.

“Dad, come on.” He says, and his father glares back at him. “You’ve been in a horrible mood for, what, months now? What gives? Bobbie has done nothing to you for you to treat her that way.” And it was true. Bobbie was always loving towards her in-laws. And she thought they had always loved her, too. There was never a problem until recently, and they needed to get to the bottom of it.

His father shakes his head, but his scowling suddenly fades. He looks almost apologetic but he remains focused on Artie, avoiding eye contact with Bobbie. Artie waits for an answer. Anything, really, to explain what has been going on. “I…I…Didn’t want to burden you with any of this. You’re all grown up and living your own life out in Las Vegas now. I..I can handle this…” He trails off and before they know it, he starts to sob.

Artie and Bobbie look at one another, concerned. Artie approaches his father, more worried than Bobbie at this point. He places a hand on his shoulder and tries to console him. “Whatever it is wouldn’t be a burden to me, Dad. You know that.” He needed to know. It was just like when Bobbie was dealing with her anxiety struggles, even though that was still an issue at times. “Please tell me what’s going on.”

Artie’s father takes in a few deep breaths, trying to calm himself. He looks at Bobbie and shakes his head. “Not here. Not in front of her.”

Again, Bobbie looks surprised. “Mr. Miller, if I did something…”

“Bobbie, I’ve got this.” Artie interrupts. “I’m sure it’s nothing you did. Let me just…talk to him in private for a few minutes.” He wouldn’t have said this if he wasn’t sure that it was something else upsetting his father. Bobbie had no choice but to agree, and Artie leads his father over to a secluded area of the hotel lobby so they can talk.

His father looks, making sure Bobbie can’t hear them. But he is also looking at how worried and upset his daughter in law is. “I…I shouldn’t have come all this way. This can wait until you guys get home.”

Artie shakes his head. “No.” He replies quickly, refusing to let this fester any longer. “You need to tell me. Now. Is Mom sick? Are you sick? What is it?”

His father shakes his head. “No. No. Neither of us is sick.” He replies, immediately putting that possibility to rest. But Artie still waits for an answer. His father stares at him, knowing there is no way out of this. He has to tell Artie the truth. And it’s a truth that just might shatter him. “What I’m about to tell you, it’s going to come as a huge shock, son.”

Artie nods and does his best to remain calm. “Okay. What’s going on?”

A long pause falls between them, as his father gathers his thoughts and words carefully. He then takes in a deep breath and finally spills the beans. “Your mother…she’s been having an affair.”

Artie’s jaw drops. He shakes his head, refusing to believe it. “What? No. That’s…you’re wrong. Mom would never…” He couldn’t accept what his father was telling him. On the other side of the lobby, Bobbie was anxiously wondering what was being said.

“It’s true, son.” His father replies, nodding his head sadly. “I didn’t want to believe it either, but it is.”

“How? With..with who?! How could she do this to you?! To our family!”  Artie sees Bobbie stepping towards them when she hears him raise his voice, but he holds up his hand, stopping her.

“She doesn’t know that I know.” His father says. “Just…don’t tell her. Or Bobbie until I figure out how to handle this.” Artie just stands there, speechless. How could he face his mother again after learning this? How could he not tell Bobbie the truth?

One thing is for sure. He was glad to have a wrestling match this weekend. Because he suddenly had the urge to punch something…or someone.

The camera opens up, focused on Artie’s awkward smiling face. He waves into the camera, ready to record his first message for the fans, his tag team partner and his opponents this week.

”So, uh, hi everyone. Welcome to my first actual promo for SCW! This feels super weird, because I never thought I’d even be doing this, but I went and made an honest mistake and now I’m paying the price. Or reaping the rewards if it all works out, right? I guess we’ll find out soon enough.”

“Be more positive sweetie! Don’t give them something to use against you!”

Bobbie’s voice is heard off camera. Artie turns his head, no doubt looking directly at her and scowls a bit.

“That’s what I’m doing! You be quiet and let me do this on my own. It’s my match anyway!”

Bobbie can be heard grumbling in response and Artie turns back to look into the camera. He lets out a sigh and briefly shakes his head.

“Anyway. Sorry about that. Bobbie is just trying to be a little too helpful, which I understand, but I’ve gotta take care of this myself, right? I know it’s not my usual job in SCW. I mean, I’m Bobbie’s manager slash valet. That’s about all I’ve been good for because I’m not exactly the wrestler type. I’m not an athletic type at all honestly. But the contracts for the Blast From The Past tournament were updated this year I guess. I didn’t look at them properly and next thing I know, I’m a participant in the tournament.”

He pauses for a moment and scratches his head. The tournament had been almost his sole focus over the last several weeks, when he wasn’t doing his managerial duties for Bobbie. He shrugs before he continues.

“Bobbie has been pretty upset with Christian Underwood for not allowing me out of this tournament, and I get it. I get both sides, really. It was an honest mistake, and Christian should understand that. But I also get that Christian is looking at this as a way to draw some attention to the tournament also. Because who wouldn’t watch when you have someone who has never wrestled competing and possibly making a fool of themselves, right? Get a few laughs at my expense just because.”

He closes his eyes and sighs again. Anyone else would be upset, but not Artie. He is literally shrugging it off as best as he can, trying to make the most of it.

“But as nervous as I am about all of this, a part of me is also…excited. Why would I be excited at the thought of getting my butt kicked and embarrassed? Well, it’s not really about that. I’m more excited at quite the opposite happening, because what if I prove everyone wrong? What if I go out there and actually hold my own pretty well? What if I actually fight and win this whole dang tournament? What if I actually get a World Heavyweight Championship shot after all of this?! Think about it!”

The excitement actually starts to increase in his voice the more he speaks. He briefly looks off camera to Bobbie, shushing her before she can even speak, before he looks back to the camera, smiling.

“I’m not saying it will happen, but we all know that it could! Anything is possible. I mean I could actually win the World Heavyweight Championship! ME! I know it’s a long shot, but I’m trying to think positive here. These last several weeks training have not been easy, and I’m trying to make the most of it. But I know that there are three other people in this match that I need to think about. One more than the other two, so I will save him for last.”

His expression suddenly falls a bit, knowing that the man he will have to face this week is a Raab. He sets any nervousness he has aside for the moment.

“So I’ve been teamed with Kallie Reznik for this tournament. I’m not completely familiar with her, because she’s fairly newer to SCW and Bobbie hasn’t even faced her…yet. But from what I have seen and heard, she’s pretty decent! Our team may not exactly have the odds in our favor for obvious reasons, but I think we stand a pretty good chance. As long as we work together. I mean, that is what this is about, right? A tag team tournament. Team work! It makes the dream work, people!”

Artie smiles and gives two thumbs up into the camera. Bobbie can be heard chuckling off camera, and Artie does his best to ignore her for now.

”As long as Kallie and I can work together and trust one another, we can get through this tournament. I may not know her personally yet, but I trust her and I am going to promise her that I will do everything that I can to help us win. I will do my part the best I can. I mean I’ve been training my butt off these last few weeks trying to get prepared, and I think it’s actually working! Look! A muscle!”

Artie pulls his arm up into the camera to make a muscle, and indeed a slight one does appear. Bobbie can be heard laughing again, and Artie shushes her yet again. Inside joke, perhaps.

”I don’t think Kallie has anything to worry about, either. I mean, this week she has to focus on Bea Barnhardt of all people. I don’t think it could get any easier for her than Bea Barnhardt. Am I right, Bobbie? It shouldn’t be that hard for Kallie going against Bea, right?!”

”Oh NOW you want me to say something? Nuh uh! You can handle this all by yourself, sweetie!”

Artie frowns, but he knows he deserved that one. He shrugs again and looks back into the camera.

”I’ll take that as a yes. Bobbie has faced Bea a couple times before and come out on the winning end, so I have complete faith that Kallie will handle Bea just fine and get the win for us…if I can’t anyway. So I guess that brings me to the guy I will actually be facing this week, huh? Someone who has a history in SCW, too. A guy named…Konrad Raab.”

Artie gulps nervously. He didn’t have to do research to be nervous just saying the name. Or the last name at least. The Raab’s were well known in the wrestling business, so naturally Artie knew what he was up against.

“I don’t need to go and watch any of Konrad’s last matches or anything, because I know full well what to expect from him. His last name says it all! The Raab’s are big guys. Tough opponents. Can be kinda vicious. Maybe I’m thinking about Lord Raab, or whatever his name was. The monster dude? I dunno. My point is the same. The Raabs are well known in the wrestling world, so the fact that I’m going up against one in the very first round has me a little…nervous. Who wouldn’t be, right?”

He scratches his head again, trying to think of what to say next before he takes in a deep breath.

“I guess this guy likes fire…a lot. He even earned his nickname for it. Kinda scary thought, but luckily if he tries any of that stuff in this match, he’d get his team disqualified, so I guess I shouldn’t be that nervous! I think that of anyone opponents in this tournament, I’m kinda glad we got Konrad’s team first. Just to get them out of the way and then it could get easier from there!”

”Again, not how it works, sweetie!”

Artie closes his eyes and avoids looking in Bobbie’s direction. He’s making a mental note that should he and Kallie advance this week, next time he would record his promo while Bobbie was somewhere else.

”You all know what I meant by that, so just ignore my nosey wife as she is trying to be helpful again. So anyway, yeah. I think getting Konrad Raab about of the way first is the way to do it. And I think I’m ready. If I can have training sessions with a guy like Fenris and still be sitting here today talking to all of you, I can handle Konrad Raab in the ring, right?!”

Bobbie can be heard laughing off camera. Artie just remains focused as best he can, though his nostrils flare a bit.

”Earlier I promised Kallie that I would do my part in this tournament, and I intend to stick to that promise. I know she is probably nervous to, having me for a partner and all, but I’ll do what needs to be done to get her to the World Bombshell Championship opportunity. Konrad may be bigger. He may be a lot more experienced and dangerous, but I think once I step into that ring, the adrenaline boost will work in my favor. I’m pretty quick, so that is working in my favor, too! I’ll find a weakness to use against him. I’ll take him down and prove to everyone that I can get the win for me and Kallie! I’ll show all of you!”

He tries to look as serious as he can into the camera, not wanting to give Konrad anything to use against him.

“Everyone is expecting me to be the joke of the entire tournament, and that’s fine. I get it. Laugh all you want, but when it’s all said and done? I’m gonna surprise all of you! I’m going to go out there, fight like hell and make it all the way to the finals where Kallie and I WILL win. And you know what?”

He leans in closer to the camera, smiling.

”You’re looking at a future World Heavyweight Champion! Uh-huh! I said it!”

“Not if Peter and I have anything to say about it!”

Artie’s eyes widen and he glares at Bobbie off camera. His hand reaches up to the top of the laptop.

“You’re supposed to be a supportive wife, ya know!”

Artie quickly closes the laptop, ending the recording, before their debate can be recorded any further.
>