Author Topic: The End: Part II  (Read 300 times)

Offline DrakeGreen

• Mr. Showtime
    • View Profile
    • Drake Green
The End: Part II
« on: June 17, 2016, 08:29:53 PM »

The End: Part II

“Friendship is not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.” -Muhammad Ali

June 13th, 2016 – Big Ben’s Cuba Bash 2016 - Cuba – 12:30 AM

The bright stars of the Atlantic Ocean light up the dark midnight sky as we see Drake Green, wearing a dark blue polo, stone colored pants, and sandals on his feet walking softly across the white beach. He has a bright red solo cup that he clutches with his right hand before lifting it up and taking a hard drink of whatever is inside. He stops to look at the large moon before exhaling.

Ben: Ya arite, mate?

Drake turns his head to see Ben Jordan walking up toward him. Dressed in a v-neck white t-shirt, he still has his sunglasses clipped on his shirt collar from earlier in the day. He’s got a red solo cup of his own and he takes a quick sip as Drake can’t help but smile when he sees his friend.

Drake: Yeah….I’m just taking it all in.

Green looks over to see two young college-aged girls in bikinis smiling at both he and Ben.

Ben: I reckon all ya can do these days is smile and wave.

Drake: A shame isn’t it?

The two both chuckle.

Ben: Yeah….a shame I’ll have to go talk to them all by me self.

Drake: I can talk can’t I?

Ben: Dunno, mate. Can ya contain ya self?

Drake smiles.

Drake: Probably not.

They both share another laugh.

Ben: I can’t believe it...Drake Green is actually gonna get himself hitched. The myth and legend is gonna die with ya.

Drake: No...I’m sure you’ll keep the legend going for me.

Ben: True...I’ll just keep it warm for ya, yeah?

He shoots a look at Drake with a crooked smile plastered on his face.

Drake: I don’t think so, man.

He replies to his friend.

Drake: I think this is it.

Ben: I just can’t believe it. Mr. Showtime getting married. Bloody shocking if you ask me...some of the SCW crew is takin’ bets on how long it lasts.

He laughs.

Drake: I gotta say, Ben. I wouldn’t do this if I didn’t think it was gonna last.

He can’t help but notice Ben trying to hold back his laughter.

Ben: Mate, it’s Mikah….

Drake laughs.

Drake: I know. I can’t help it man...I love her.

They both break out laughing.

Drake: I know how it sounds.

Ben: Just make sure it lasts three years…

Drake: Why?

He doesn’t even wait for a response from Ben.

Drake: You mother fucker...you’re betting on the length of my marriage?

Ben laughs.

Drake: What the fuck?

Ben: I couldn’t help it, geezer. The pot was getting too big.

They stare at each other for a moment, smiling.

Drake: Well, fuck….

He takes a drink out of his solo cup.

Drake: Barry always says everyone should get divorced once. Three years it is.

They both laugh.

Ben: Cheers, mate. I’ll split the winnings with ya.

They click plastic red cups and both take a drink.

Drake: Just make sure you don’t start talking that shit around her when she gets here tomorrow…

Ben: Cockney’s honor...

Drake: You know, there's a totally different reason why I came here other than having drinks with you.

Ben: Oh yeah? What's that?

Drake: Well….Miks and I….

Ben cuts him off.

Ben: Ya pregnant?!

Drake’s eyes widen with fear.

Drake: Fuck, no. Don’t even joke like that.

Ben laughs.

Ben: Well then what is it mate? Getting cold feet already?

Drake: I want you to be my best man.

Ben stares at him for a moment.

Ben: Really?

Drake: Yeah, look. I don’t really have a lot of close friends. I want you to stand up there with me.

Ben: Oh I get it now, mate. You want me to keep the engine running for when ya get those feet cold.

Drake: No, dick. I want you to stand up there with me because….you're the best friend I got.

Ben stares at him again for a moment.

Ben: Riiiight. No engine running.

Ben winks at him and Drake can’t help but roll his eyes.

Drake: Look, if you're not interested…

Ben: Of course I’m interested, mate. It be my honor to give ya away.

He winks again and this time gives the thumbs up to Drake.

Ben: Just make sure ya girl has some good looking bridesmaids.

Drake: What about that little Aussie chick...she seems to like you…

Ben: That one there’s dangerous, geezer. Lots of danger there, for sure.

They both turn to look at the dark ocean waves crashing against a nearby dock.

Ben: It’s gonna be a good summer, Drake.

Drake exhales before taking another sip out of his red solo cup.

Drake: It sure is, kid. It sure is.

Both men cheers and take giant gulps out of their cups as their stare out into the night horizon and the scene fades out.

”Promise. There are many different meanings to the word. What does it mean to you, James? This word has come in and out of my life many times over the years. It first started showing up when I was a young kid...not much older than you. People would tell me I showed such ‘promise’ in the ring. They’d promise me great things if I just signed on the dotted line. When I think of you I think of the word promise again. You, James, show a lot of promise. And not just as a wrestler nor as a Champion. We already know you’re a great Champion. Hell, you might already be a better Champion than I ever was. But you have promise as an role model. You have promise as an ambassador. One day you will be the one they all look to be the voice of our world. You have all of that in your grasp and you’re too arrogant to see it, much like I was. Hopefully, unlike me, you realize it before it’s too late.”

“I know what you think of me. You probably think of me as that sleazy dude who is gonna try to bend your girl over on camera. Look, I want to clear it up so there isn’t any misconception. I’m not gonna try and get your girl into bed. I’m not hitting on her or asking her out or doing anything else that you seem to be ultra fucking jealous about. I’m getting married and quite honestly, I’ve been friends with Mel for a while. If I was gonna hit on her it would’ve happened years ago. She’s a good girl, much too good for either one of us, I just hope you wise up and figure that out before you ruin what you have there, kid. Don’t let your ego and your insecurities get in the way of a career and opportunity that could blow things wide open for her. She deserves better than that. She loves you kid, and a couple fake kisses on camera is never going to change that. Own it and embrace it. You have something special, something that I’m not even sure that I have. Don’t ruin it because you’re a stubborn prick who can’t help but be a crazy jealous boyfriend. Grow up and move on.”

“You wear that title well by the way. It looks good on you. You’ve done some amazing stuff, kid. It’s been an honor to watch you hold the most important title in our industry. I think you and I could’ve been friends under different circumstances. Shit, maybe we still could be, I don’t know. But what I do know is that I’ve got a ton of respect for me. I know the feeling is the same, whether or not you can bring yourself to admit it is up to you. I see you in the ring and I can’t help but think of a younger version of myself. I see that hunger in your eyes. I see that fire burning in your fists. You may end up being the greatest of all time, who knows. But on Sunday...on Sunday my title comes home. If only for one more time. It’s been an honor facing the best SCW has to offer. It’s an incredible journey for me in this company, regardless of how and when it is ending. I’ve done something that for years I was told would never happen. I was told I was too young...too small…arrogant, brash, and egotistical. Narcissistic and thick headed. Sound familiar? They should...because that’s what everyone says about you.”

“Look, in the end, it doesn’t matter if I win on Sunday. I’ve built my legacy and the outcome of this match is meaningless. If I lose it’ll just another one of the few losses in my career...no big deal. This match is not and will not be the defining moment of my career. But for you? This match is huge. You’ve beaten some great competitors.Depsayre is an enigmatic talent and rivaled by few. Travis, Connor, my good friend Ben...all fantastic competitors. But do you know what they all have in common? None of them have ever been a World Heavyweight Champion...none of them. Let’s repeat that for a second. Your competition has never held the title you hold. You’ve haven’t had to face someone that has been in your shoes yet...so for this week….this match? This is your biggest challenge, my friend. So the big question of the week is no how Drake Green will fare against J2H. No...we already know the answer to that one, kid. The real questions is...Can James Huntington Hawkes beat Drake Green. So think about it. I look forward to finding out, just as much as I’m sure you do, kid. See you Sunday...I’ve already got my place in history. Are you ready to see if you’ve got yours?”

The most magical, the most fantastical Showstopper of all time...

Former SCW World Heavyweight Champion

[4x]
Former SCW Roulette Champion [1x]

Twitter: @The_RealDG