Author Topic: One Night in Bakersfield  (Read 350 times)

Offline DrakeGreen

• Mr. Showtime
    • View Profile
    • Drake Green
One Night in Bakersfield
« on: October 10, 2014, 10:36:14 PM »

One Night In Bakersfield

“In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it moves on.” –Robert Frost

October 6th, 2014 – Jenny Green’s Apartment; Bakersfield, CA – 7:30 PM

[The camera fades in to Jenny Green, Drake’s sister, putting away some groceries in the kitchen of her loft-style apartment. The room is painted a bright lime green and is fixed with retro style appliances that almost take you in to a time warp in to the 1960’s. She is wearing a pair of tight blue jeans, rolled up at the bottom, and a tight black tank top exposing her shoulders and back full of tattoos. As she puts away a carton of orange juice there is a loud knock at the front door. She turns, closing the fridge, and walks hesitantly over to the large metal door on the far brick wall of her apartment.

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

Again someone slams on the door. She slowly pulls open the cover to the peep hole and looks through. Her concerned look quickly fades in to a smile as she sees her older half-brother Drake. She flings open the door and quickly pulls him in for a tight squeeze. As she hugs him he drops his black duffle bag and squeezes her back. He is wearing dark blue jeans with white Converse sneakers, a white t-shirt and an army green jacket. After a moment she lets go.]

Jenny: What are you doing here?

Drake: I had a few days off, thought I’d come see my baby sister.

[She looks at him with a crooked smile.]

Drake: Okay, fine. The closing on the house is this week so…

Jenny: That’s what I figured. You could’ve called, you know?

Drake: Well, I guess I just like surprises better.

Jenny: Did you bring Misty with you?

[Drake sort of stares at his younger sister for a moment.]

Jenny: Well?

Drake: Misty and I are kind of…

Jenny: No! I liked her!

Drake: Yeah, me too.

Jenny: What happened?

[Drake brushes past her and starts flipping through a pile of letters on the kitchen counter.]

Drake: I really appreciate you getting my mail.

Jenny: Don’t ignore me.

Drake: I’m not ignoring you.

Jenny: Sure seems like it.

Drake: Hey, what’s this?

[Drake picks up a photograph that is on the counter. In the picture are a young Drake, his brother Nick, and a very young Jenny Green.]

Drake: When was this from?

Jenny: That? I think it was from my mom’s house. I’m not really sure though. I was going through some old stuff of hers a few weeks ago and found it.

Drake: It’s nice.

Jenny: I thought so. So are you going to ignore my question all night or are you going to tell me what happened with Misty?

Drake: What do you want me to say?

Jenny: You fucked it up didn’t you?

Drake: What do you think?

Jenny: What did you do?

Drake: Does it really matter?

[Jenny stares at him for a moment and then lets out a short sigh.]

Jenny: I suppose not. I’m pissed though, Drake. I liked her.

[Drake plops down on Jenny’s old beat up couch.]

Drake: Yeah, me too. I think I’m destined to be alone.

[Jenny sits down next to him.]

Jenny: You could stop being a total asshole…

[Drake shoots her a look.]

Drake: Actually, I don’t know if I could.

Jenny: What’s going on with you? The past few weeks, every time you called, you’ve acted weird. What’s going on?

[Drake looks over at her with a concerned look in his eyes. He wants to tell her about his diagnosis but he can’t muster up the courage so instead he says the first thing that pops in to his head.]

Drake: You got any pot?

Jenny: You’re kidding…

Drake: What?

Jenny: Since when do you smoke weed?

Drake: I just thought…

Jenny: You really want to?

[Drake again stares at her for a moment.]

Drake: Sure, fuck it.

[Jenny giggles a bit as she reaches in to a small wooden box on the table in front of the couch and pulls out a small joint. She lights it up and takes a long pull before handing it to Drake. He takes it from her with a bit of caution and after a pause, takes a big hit himself. In that moment, he can’t help but think of Max. The camera cuts out.]

What is there to say about Steve Ramone that hasn’t been said? He is a fighter and a spirit that keeps coming back at you no matter what. He showed that in his epic battles with Max Burke last year over the Roulette title and he demonstrated that in the ‘FEARLESS’ way he combated against Gabriel and the evil Odette Stevens. But when you read between those lines, when you break all that film down like I have there is one constant. One underlying theme to all of the great matches you have had in Sin City Wrestling…you lose. You can’t close, you’re not a finisher, and you certainly aren’t Championship material.”

“I don’t want to be THAT guy. I don’t want you to take it the wrong way. I think you’re a fantastic wrestler. For one reason or another things just haven’t broken and landed the right way for you. That was me for a long time, just hang in there kid and maybe one day things will finally break the right way for you but unfortunately for anyone with the last name Ramone, it won’t be this Sunday.”

“You see, Steve, I’m a practical guy. I like to consider myself a fighting champion and nothing would please me more than to give you a shot at the gold at Climax Control. You’re the kind of guy that deserves it. You show up week after week, putting it all on the line for the fans. You’re my kind of guy. But the proof is in the pudding…you’re not a challenge. You’re a stepping stone in what will end up being the greatest reign in the history of the SCW Heavyweight Championship. So good luck on Sunday…you’re gonna need it.”

[The scene fades back in inside of the Ft. Benning Gym in Chattahoochie County, GA, the setting for Climax Control. The lights turn to a blue filter and we can hear the opening drums from "Burning Down The House" by the Used. The crowd jumps to their feet and they begin to cheer as "Mr. Showtime" Drake Green steps out on to the stage. He lifts his arms up and down, motioning for the packed beach to get up on their feet and cheer.]

Crowd: POP!

[Green, with a large smile, stands tall in long blue wrestling tights with three white stars on each leg and blue boots which have blue kick-pads on the front which have the "Male symbol" on them in white. He is wearing white wristbands and a black, skin tight, t-shirt with his "Male Symbol" logo on the front and "Man Of The People" written on the back. He raises both arms straight up in the air points toward the sky as the crowd starts to get behind him. Just as the lyrics for the song kick in, Drake makes his way down toward the ring, slapping hands of fans on either side of the railings.]

#Watch out
#You might get what you're after
#Cool babies
#Strange but not a stranger
#I'm-An-Or-Din-A-Ry-Guy

#Burning down the house

Justin: Introducing first...weighing in at 230 pounds, he is Chicago's own, he is The Man of the People..."Mr. Showtime".. Drake Green!.

[Drake trades handshakes and hugs with several of the fans in the crowd as he makes his way toward the ring. He walks around the entire rings, making sure he says hello to all the fans at ringside. Finally, he hops onto to the apron and steps up on the second rope and raises his arms again for the crowd. He steps down and walks over to the opposite corner and climbs up again.]

Crowd: Showtime! Showtime! Showtime!

[He steps down off of the rope and walks over toward the side of the ring, motioning for the microphone. ]

Drake: Helloooo Georgia!

Crowd: POP!

Drake: Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all
ages....welcome to the show!

Crowd: Even louder POP!

Drake: Are you ready for the most magical, the most fantastical showstopper of all time?! I am your soldier, I am your savior, I am your Main Event Maker and I got just one question for ya. What time is it?!

Crowd: Showtime!

Drake: No, no, no. I said what time is it?

Crowd: Showtime!

Drake: People of Fort Benning, MY PEOPLE! I know you can do better than that. I asked you WHAT MOTHER FUCKING TIME IS IT?!

Crowd: SHOWTIME!

[Drake holds his left arm up and points out to the crowd. He nods his head as he moves his arm, panning through the crowd. He mouths the words "THANK YOU" to the crowd before handing the microphone to Justin. He turns around to see Sean Jackson standing in the middle of the ring. Before Drake can react, Sean moves in and grabs him by his t-shirt and moving him back into the corner.]

Jackson: You think this is over, Showtime? You think I’m done with you? You ain’t seen nothing yet, Drake. I’m gonna keep coming after you until I have what is rightfully mine. Until I have the SCW Heavyweight title.

[Drake manages to shove off Jackson and slips out of the ring and down to ringside. As he regains his footing, he turns around and is surprised to Jackson down at ringside with him, as if he had teleported down to ringside next to Drake. Again, Sean grabs him by the shirt.]

Jackson: There ain’t nowhere to run, Drake. There’s nowhere for you to go that the ‘Mental Rapist’ can’t find you. I own you and until you give up what is rightfully mine, I’m gonna keep on coming for it.

[Jackson slams the back of Drake’s head in to the ring post and then slides him under the bottom rope. Drake struggles to get to his knees and again, as if like magic, Sean Jackson is already in the center of the ring standing over him. He slams a boot to the side of Drake’s face before kneeling down over him.]

Jackson: You can’t hide, Drake. No one can save you now. Not Max, not Barry, not your sister, and definitely not that ex-hobag of yours Misty. This is destiny, Showtime. Your destiny is in the hands of one Sean Jackson and I’m sorry to say it’s time to pay the Reaper. Death is coming for you, boy.

[Drake again manages to push off Sean and he slides down to ringside only to see Sean standing in front of him again. He turns to run around the six-sided ring and as he turns the corner. Again like magic, Sean is there waiting for him, this time with a boot to his stomach. He grabs him by the back of the head and slams his face on to the steel barricade.]

Jackson: Can you feel it, Drake? Your end is near. You’re on a one way train to hell and Sean Jackson is your conductor.

[He slams his face a few times and blood begins to spew out of Drake’s nose.]

Jackson: You can’t run from your destiny, Drake. I will find you…I will always find you.

[The screen cuts to Drake, sitting up and letting out small scream. He is on his sister’s couch, in Bakersfield, California. He rubs his eyes and tries to wipe away the nightmare he just had but he can’t, the threat is very real. He stands up, wearing now only his jeans, and walks over to the small hallway powder room. He flicks the light on and puts his hands on either side of the sink. He lets out a deep sigh as he turns on the hot and the cold water. He cups his hands and captures some water, bringing it up and rinsing off his face. He stares up into the mirror and realizes that, it is his destiny. He stares in to his own green eyes and acknowledges that whether it was Steve Ramone, Sean Jackson, or anyone else…his time is running out. The only question remaining was how he was going to go out. The camera cuts out.]

The most magical, the most fantastical Showstopper of all time...

Former SCW World Heavyweight Champion

[4x]
Former SCW Roulette Champion [1x]

Twitter: @The_RealDG