Author Topic: History is About to Repeat  (Read 520 times)

Offline Nick Jones

• View Profile
    • Nick Jones
History is About to Repeat
« on: March 17, 2012, 04:22:13 PM »
 The scene opens up showing the outside of the rather large Los Angeles home of SCW Heavyweight Champion Nick Jones.  The scene then cuts inside to the office of Nick, where he is seated at his desk, in front of his laptop with a blank word processing document up on the screen and a pen in his hand.  Nick blankly stares at the laptop screen as he taps the pen against the side of his head.  He then looks up away from the laptop to across the desk, where seated is Nick's business manager, Jimmy Mason.

Nick:  I've got nothing.

Jimmy:  Nicky baby, don't sweat it.  It will all come to you.  We just need to get working on this thing so we've got something to show the publishers.

Nick:  Yeah, yeah.  Listen this sounded like a great idea when this joke of a company was trying to keep me at the bottom and screwing me over on my pay in the process.  Now I'm SCW Heavyweight Champion and the money keeps on rolling in.  Not to mention even the higher ups over in NeWA have pulled their heads out of their asses and understood what I provide not only to this little company, but the entire world of wrestling, and elevated further and further up their World title rankings.  The money is rolling now, and it's only going to get better from here.  Why the hell am I going to waste my time writing this nonsense now?

Jimmy:  Baby, it's not just about the money.  The money will be great, it will only add more on top of what you've already got, but it's also about the exposure.  SCW isn't exactly helping you there baby, so it's up to you to get back out there and remind everyone why you're the best the world has to offer.

Nick stops and thinks about that possibility for a moment.

Nick:  Well credit where it's due Jimmy, you certainly are good what you do.  But nice try, I know better than to buy that line of crap.  Here's an idea, now that I'm the top dog once again, how about those clowns over at the publisher that they need to start paying me like one.

Jimmy:  We've already got a signed contract, Nicky.  They're holding up their end of the bargain, now we need to get them a book.

Nick:  WE need to get them a book?  Well then in that case, I guess WE better get started.

Nick takes the pen in his hand, throwing it straight at Jimmy.  He then reaches into his desk drawer, pulling out a bad of paper which he tosses as Jimmy first.

Nick:  How about you go ahead and kick us off, I need to go get a drink.

Nick gets up from his desk as Jimmy sort of stares at him in shock.  Nick then walks around the desk and heads towards one of the doors from his office, heading towards the direction of the kitchen.  However, just as he's about to reach the door, it swings open right in front of him and in walks Nick's bodyguard, Tony Capicelli.  Nick stops short just before getting hit with the door and as he does, Tony turns towards Nick with two beers in his hand, extending one arm out to Nick, offering him a beer.

Tony:  Hey boss man, I's figured ya' could use a drink wit' all dis writin' crap yous doin' in here.

A big smile comes across Nick's face as he grabs the beer from Tony's hand and pats him across the back.

Nick:  And that's why you're my favorite.  Well done, Tone.

Nick then clinks bottles with Tony and the two start to drink.  Nick then turns to Jimmy, who he sees sitting there just watching him and Tony.

Nick:  Well what are you waiting for?  Get going on that!

Jimmy:  But,  um....

Jimmy doesn't even know what to say in response, but before he even can, Nick just waives his hand in Jimmy's direction, signaling for him to get going.  Jimmy, clearly not sure what else to do, turns his attention to his pad and paper and sits there blankly staring at it, trying to come up with something to write.  Meanwhile, Nick turns his attention back to Tony.

Nick:  So what's new big guy?

Tony:  Not much, but dere was one otha' thing I's wanted ta tell ya too.  You's got a call from SCW guy about a match you's got this week.

Nick:  Oh really?  I guess those geniuses over at SCW finally realized that if they want the big cash rolling in, they better have their top draw on the card.  Let me guess... main event?

Tony:  You know it.  You's defendin' that title of yas.

Nick's upbeat attitude quickly changes after hearing this, as he is quite clearly annoyed.

Nick:  A title defense?  You have got to be kidding me.  I just came off of successfully defending my title against not just one, but two of their little clowns, and now in my very next match I'm defending the belt again?  That's already more defenses than the prior two champions combined.  Who the hell do they have me defending the title against?

Tony:  Dat Canadian guy... Bruce Evans.

Nick's demeanor once again changes as a grin slowly appears across his face.

Nick:  Why didn't you say that earlier?  And to think for a second there I thought you were actually talking about a REAL defense.  For the life of me I have no idea how he's gotten himself a shot, but either way I couldn't be less worried about it.  I have no idea what's going on around here, but I think I need to make a few calls and get this whole mess sorted out.  I'll be right back.

Nick turns towards the other door on the opposite side of the office and as he approaches it, that one suddenly bursts open as well, this time coming in his none other than Nick's cousin, Big B, with a bag in his hand.

Big B:  Hey guys, I'm going to get going.  Just wanted to come say bye, I'll see you guys later.

Tony:  Lata', B.

Jimmy, clearly distracted by his new assigned task, doesn't even look up or acknowledge Big B, while Nick gives B a bit of an inquisitive look for a moment.

Nick:  Where the hell are you going?

Big B:  I was going to go hang out with a friend.

Nick:  Oh ok...

Nick turns and goes to walk past Big B and out the door to continue his earlier path, but then stops for a moment, turning back to B.

Nick:  But you better not forget what I told you.

Big B:  What did you tell me?

Nick holds his head in pain for a moment, letting out a sigh in the process before responding.

Nick:  That I never wanted to see you and that nutjob, pencil-stabbing, stuffed-bear-lover together ever again.

Big B:  Oh yeah... that.  Not a problem.

Nick:  Good.  Now get the hell out of here, I, or rather I mean WE, have got work to get done anyway and last thing I need is your big stupid ass distracting me... or us, whatever.

Big B:  Um... ok.  Bye.

Nick turns and walks out of the room, heading to go make his call.  Big B then turns his attention to the direction of Jimmy and Tony, with a look of confusion on his face.

Big B:  I still don't get it.  If Nick knows me and Despy are hanging out, why does he care whether or not he actually SEES us doing it?

Jimmy finally looks up from his paper upon hearing this and shakes his head for a moment before trying to clarify the situation for Big B.

Jimmy:  B, baby... I don't think you quite understand what he's telling you here.  When he says he doesn't want to see you two together, what he really means is...

Jimmy doesn't get to speak any further before he is cut off by Tony, who quietly speaks in Jimmy's direction.

Tony:  'Ey Jimbo... let it go.  It's gonna be way freakin' funnier if you let dese two figure it out demselves lata'.

Jimmy thinks about it for a moment, then cracks a smile before nodding back to Tony.  He then turns back to Big B, to finish his now revised statement.

Jimmy:  ... for you two to have a fun time without him.

Big B:  Oh ok.  Great.  Well I've got to run, later guys!

Big B waives goodbye as he heads out of the room to leave the house as Jimmy and Tony are left behind, laughing at what just occurred.  A moment later Nick walks back into the room with two more beers in his hand, and he glares at the two men, seeing how they are currently reacting.

Nick:  What the hell is so funny?

Jimmy:  Well, um... uh... you see...

Tony:  Da big guy said sumt'in' stupit.

Nick thinks about it for a moment before nodding slightly.

Nick:  Yeah, like that's something new.

Nick then turns his attention back to solely Jimmy.

Nick:  Get back to work!

Jimmy immediately turns back to his pad of paper and starts writing again as Nick hands Tony one of the new beers and the two clink them together.  Tony takes a seat in one of the other chairs as Nick walks back around his desk, taking a seat behind it and putting his feet up as he drinks his beer and watches Jimmy start work on writing Nick's so-called autobiography.  The scene then fades out.

<hr width = 50%>

The scene fades back in to the home of Nick Jones.  This time, they are in the family room of his house, as there are two large couches around a coffee table and large screen TV in front of them.  The TV is currently off as Nick sits on one couch, with his feet up on the table and his laptop placed right on his lap.  Nick is staring intently at his screen and typing away.  Meanwhile, Nick's agent Jimmy is seen on the other couch, completely sprawled out across it and fast asleep.  After a few moments, they are joined by one more person, as Nick's girlfriend Diana comes walking into the room.  She takes a look around, seeing Nick quietly working and then is rather taken back by Jimmy's unconscious statei n the middle of the day.  She then turns back to Nick and begins to speak.

Diana:  What happened to Jimmy?

Nick:  He's had himself a long day, he's all tuckered out, so I guess he needed a little nap.

Diana:  Why, what was he doing?

Nick:  I strong-armed him into starting the writing of my autobigraphy.  I guess it kind of freaked him out and he just went nuts on it until he just passed out.  But look at how much he got done.

Nick motions over towards the coffee table in front of Jimmy, where a rather thick pile of papers lays in front of him.  Diana walks over and picks up the stack and starts reading it over.  As she reads more and more, she seems to look increasingly more confused.  After a couple of minutes, she lowers the papers and looks back at Nick.

Diana:  Is any of this actually true?

Nick:  Not a word of it.

Diana:  Then what the hell was the point?

Nick:  Yeah... well, like I said, I strong-armed him into doing it.  I probably should have thought about the fact that having him write the beginning of my book when he knows absolutely nothing about my early life was not really going to work out so well.  But hell, it was good for a laugh and helped inspire me, so I've actually got some writing going.

Diana:  No kidding?  That's great, let me see.

Diana walks over towards Nick and plops right down next to Nick on the couch.  She looks over Nick's shoulder and starts to read what he's written, while Nick stops for a moment and leans back, giving her a better view.  After a little while, a look of shock comes across Diana's face and she alternates her view back and forth between the laptop and Nick.  Nick seems confused by her reaction.

Nick:  What's with that?

Diana:  It's just that... I'm shocked.  What you wrote, it's, well...

Nick seems rather annoyed now.

Nick:  It's what?

Diana:  Good... really good.

Nick:  And why exactly is this so surprising?

Diana:  I don't know.  I just never realized you had the ability to write like that.

Nick:  Are you kidding me honey?  In case you didn't know, in the ring and in our bed isn't the only places where I'm the best there is.

A grin comes across Nick's face as he gets as confident and cocky as ever.

Diana:  Apparently not.  Although this begs the question, if you were always able to write so well... why didn't you ever write anything for me?

The confident look upon Nick's face quickly disappears, as he now only seems nervous, stuttering over his words.

Nick:  Well, um... you see... it's like this.  There was... this thing... that um...

Nick is fidgeting in his seat as he speaks, clearly having no idea where to go with this next.  Before suddenly seeming to be struck by a good idea, nad becoming far less nervous.

Nick:  You know what?  I've got to go the bathroom, I'll be right back.

Nick quickly tosses the laptop off of him lap onto Diana's and jumps up off of the couching, sprinting out of the family room and towards the nearest bathroom.  Diana watches as Nick runs off, only shaking her head at Nick's actions.

Diana:  He's not coming back... but at least it looks like I should be getting some nice presents over the next couple of days.  He just makes it too easy.

Diana laughs to herself and sits back on the couch and continues reading over the rest of what Nick wrote as the scene fades out.

<hr width=50%>

The scene fades back in to the backstage area of the Hilton Garden Inn in Fontana, California where SCW report Ms. Rocky Mountains is seen standing by backstage with Nick Jones.  As the scene cuts in, she begins to speak.

RM:  Hello, I am standing by backstage with the reigning SCW Heavyweight Champion Nick Jones.  Nick, you are coming off a huge victory in which you managed to successfully defend your SCW title against two of SCW's top superstars, Kain and Damon Synn, in a triple threat no disqualification match at Blaze of Glory.  Not only that, you were the first man in SCW history to successfully defend that title.  Tell us how you feel about all of that.

Nick:  Well Miss Giant Jugs...

RM:  It's Ms. Rocky Mountains.

Nick:  Whatever... either way, how I feel is that as usual, I was right all along.  I told everyone this is exactly how it was all going to go, and here we are.  There's some people around here that certainly have tried their damnedest to keep me from getting this title, and even more who have tired to keep me from retaining it.  Yet in the end, the cream always rises to the top and that's why I'm still your reigning SCW Champion.  That's why even the NeWA has realized what I bring to this business, as I continue to skyrocket up their rankings for World Champion.  I'm the best this entire business has to offer and each and every week, I continue to prove that time and again.  While others have their title belts elevate them, with each passing day I continue to elevate the value of this SCW Championship.  Blade Alexander couldn't stop that, Kain couldn't stop that, and Damon Synn couldn't stop that.  That's not about to change any time soon either.

RM:  Which brings us to your next title defense.  At this week's Climax Control, you will be defending your SCW title in the main event, one on one against a familiar opponent to you, Blaque Hart Bruce Evans.

Nick:  And here we have it, another man receiving a title shot he never earned.  Not that this should be any surprise to me by now.  Tell me something, didn't this guy previously have a shot to become #1 Contender to the SCW title?

RM:  Yes he did.

Nick:  And call me crazy, but didn't he LOSE the match for that spot?

RM:  Well yes, as you know he lost the match to...

Nick:  Huh, no kidding.  So the man getting a shot at MY title is the same guy who LOST his shot to be #1 contender.  Who did he lose that match to again?

RM:  Well that would be you.

Nick:  OH, THAT'S RIGHT... it was ME!  So just to recap, after I get saddled with that loser as a tag team partner and we mercifully make a quick exit from the tournament of losers who aren't good enough to wrestle alone, we face off one on one, with the winner becoming #1 contender to the title.  As should come as no surprise to anyone, that man ended up being me.  The SCW Champion then proceeds to run away scared out of the company to get away from me, while some other loser was put in front of me in line for my title shot.  So then I face that nitwit Blake to fill the vacant title and, of course, come out victorious.  Despite getting his ass kicked by me, that Blake guy is given a rematch against me, but is yet another wrestler too scared, and goes running from SCW.  So with hardly any notice, I'm thrown into a match with TWO men, and proceed to walk out of that match, the first SCW Champion in history to successfully defend the title, despite the odds being purposefully stacked against me.  Now after all this is said and done, the fool who I took apart without breaking a sweat to start this whole path to my title win, the reign that a certain SCW owner has so often tried to bring to a halt, is the one now getting a title shot?  Geez, apparently the best way to get your shot in this company is to lose to the champion, huh?  As if that weren't bad enough, this is the same guy who's last match saw him lose a shot at the title specifically designed for SCW's bottom-feeders who aren't good enough for a shot at the SCW Championship.

RM:  Well I'm not sure that's exactly...

Nick:  Not that I'm really complaining about it, because I'm more than happy to get another check in the win column and another title defense under my belt without hardly even trying, but it's more the principle of the matter.  The fact is SCW, you need to realize how lucky you are to have me.  If I wasn't bringing the dignity and respect to this belt that I am, it would be considered nothing more than a meaningless joke, no more valuable than the pieces of string the trash who live around here tie around their waists and call a belt.

RM:  While you surely deserve credit for being the first SCW Champion to successfully defend the belt, there are still a number of people out there who question the validity of your reign.  A number of people have made their opinions known that they feel your relationship with GCW Co-Owner "Hot Stuff" Mark Ward has had a hand in your quick rise up the SCW ranks.  Not to mention, many believe your wins have been helped by the assistance of members of your entourage, namely your larger employees, B and Tony.  What do you say to those accusations?

Nick:  What do I say?  They're a load of crap and everyone knows it.  Remind me honey, if you take a look at that singles roster, who's name has the most victories next to it?

RM:  As you already know, that would be yours, Nick.

Nick:  Exactly, and how many singles losses do I have to date during my SCW career?

RM:  None.

Nick:  Right again.  So all I hear is a load of excuses from a bunch of jealous losers.  I earned my way here, far more than any of the losers I've faced for this belt.  I won my match to become #1 Contender, I won my match to win this title, and I've won my match to defend it.  Every time I had to step in this ring, every time with certain people in this company trying to make sure I didn't win, and every time I came out victorious.

RM:  And what do you say about the involvement in your matches of allies of yours such as Big B and Tony?

Nick:  Call me crazy, but wasn't everyone that knows me, down to my innocent harmless girlfriend, ejected from the arena on the night I brought this baby home?

Nick lifts the belt up a bit, tapping it with his hands.

RM:  Well yes, I suppose they were.

Nick:  Then call me crazy, but it doesn't sound like that argument has much merit to it, does it?

RM:  Perhaps not on that night, but do you deny their involvement in your recent title defense?

Nick:  Oh, you mean in the no disqualification match in which I was forced into defending my title against two men with next to no advanced notice?

RM:  Well I suppose that's one way to look at it, but...

Nick:  But nothing, that's exactly what happened and you know what?  We played everything by the rules set in that match.  The match was no disqualifications, and we took them at their word for that.  Nobody seemed to take issue with the weapons being broken out by Kain and Damon Synn throughout the match.  Why exactly is that?  Because it was within the rules of the match.  The very same way me evening up the odds was within the rules as well.  In the end, all either one of those men had to do was get one other person in that match down for the 3 count and they would have walked out champion.  Yet when all was said and done, I was the only man in there able to get that done.  Every week I hear a new list of excuses why I became the champion and why I'm still the champion, yet every time an opportunity presents itself to change that circumstances, they all fail.  Of course they could just admit to the facts, concede that I have been proven to be better than any other man who was stepped inside of an SCW ring, but they're far too spineless to actually admit to that.  So what do they do instead?  They cmoe up with every other reason in the world to explain why I'm the champion and they're not.  Any reason that isn't I'm better than them, even if that's the only reason that actually means anything.  We've heard had that nonsense from Bruce Hart once before, when I beat him in that ring to become the #1 Contender, and we'll get to hear it all over again when he fails at his second opportunity to get his hands on this gold.  I'm the champion and nothing has yet changed that, and nothing will ever change that.  What do you have to say to that Miss Tits?

RM:  Well I guess all I can say to that is, good luck in your match tonight.

Nick:  Luck?  You must be kidding.  When you're as good as I am, luck doesn't mean a thing.  Just try not to forget toots, I'm not cocky... I'm just the best.

RM:  Well you heard it folks.  It's Nick Jones verses Blaque Hart Bruce Evans, SCW Championship on the line tonight on Climax Control!

Nick Jones storms off out of the scene as it fades to black.
>