Author Topic: Are You Supposed To Be Impressive?  (Read 505 times)

Offline The_Jackal

• View Profile
    • "The Jackal" Adam Smith
Are You Supposed To Be Impressive?
« on: March 16, 2012, 09:21:40 PM »
 So much for dominance from the start. I came into Sin City Wrestling with a head full of steam, and I ended up losing to a goddamned Native American. What the actual fuck? I lost to a guy named Bo Dreamwolf? I mean sure, he's talented and everything, but still. So much for the shot at the Roulette Championship. Hell, Dreamwolf won the damn title to! Once again, a case of some young punk getting one up on me. It's enough to make a man go mad.

However, I have at least made a good impression on someone. They are predicting big things for me in the future, but as it says on the card, I have a huge roadblock in my path. This man, known only as Goth, is known as one of the best men in SCW. Supposedly, anyway. But I am indeed one of the fastest rising stars in SCW, and if this Goth felllow is supposed to be impressive? Ha! He has another thing coming.

---------------------------------------------------------

The Jackal: The life of a God, eh Goth? It looks more to me like the life of a loser.

Fade in into the backstage area, where we find The Jackal standing in front of a wall, in black track pants. He stands there wrapping tape around his wrist, smirking at the camera.

The Jackal: Two losses in two matches, and that will soon turn into a third loss in a third match. They aren't joking when they declare me as one of the fastest rising stars in SCW. Make no mistake Goth, I am no rookie. I've been in this business perhaps longer then you, toiling away and trying to reach the top for years, always held back by a glass ceiling. Have I complained? You're damned right I have complained. This way of life is an insane way to make money, but what has it gotten me? Has it gotten me the success I crave? The success that I deserve? No. The fame, the glory, and the cheers of a crowd meaning nothing to me if I have no recognition as the best of all time. You talk about getting to the point where you made it. The thing is Goth, I never have made it. That's why you need to lay down tonight and lose. I will not accept defeat, and I will not accept another step backwards in my effort to get to the top of SCW. In other words, I'm not accepting you defeating me.

Smith finished wrapping the tape around his wrist, and grabbed his red fingerless gloves. He slid them on, and cracked his knuckles.

The Jackal: I think that the reason you've survived so long is not because you are great, but just because you've been lucky. I think they were right when they said that you couldn't achieve anything. Because well, what have you achieved really? Nothing that I've seen. But you will get what you deserve; a really good ass kicking. Pain, suffering, blah blah blah. I've heard that dozens of times before from dozens of other guys. If you intend to make a joke out of me, and show that you need this victory, you will fail. You won't be showing the world anything other then the fact you have become a total failure, and a shell of who you used to be. You asked me if I thought you were sane? Yeah, I think you're completely sane, just slightly delusional. You make yourself out to be this big lethal and intense badass, but all I see is a scared man with a failure of a past looking to redeem himself. I'm still on my way to the top Goth, and you are just struggling and climbing to get there. You want to make an example out of me, but again, it's something I've heard before. Many men have tried to make an example out of me, and they have failed. What makes you different? Nothing, that's what.

The Jackal pauses and laughs a moment.

The Jackal: I won't leave and come back when you retire. I'll make you retire, because it seems obvious the two of us won't be able to co-exist. i believe in my hype, because right now it's all I have to really believe in. The world is tired of you Goth, and ready to embrace the predator of the wrestling world.

Showing he is just a 'normal person' as mentioned in Goth's promo, The Jackal just laughs and flips off the camera as we fade.
user posted image