Author Topic: The Art of the Promo  (Read 522 times)

Offline Convict Cage

• View Profile
    • Bobby
The Art of the Promo
« on: March 09, 2012, 05:07:01 AM »
  *Sorry to wait until almost the last minute to post,been a busy week at work adn they've us soaking up alot of overtime.*

Fade in to Cage sitting on his couch his feet propped up on a coffee table as he rubs his chin lost in thought.

Evan (Voice Over):The art of the promo is one that is often taken for granted by the wrestling fan. We assume that its easy for a wrestler to come out week after week and give us little speeches about they're going to beat up their  opponent this week. In reality it's a long and drawn out process,some wrestlers will get on Youtube and watch classic promos from the best in the business for inspiration,some read,some take long walks to be alone with their thoughts...Bobby Cage doesn't really do any of that..In fact I have to admit that I was hardly surprised by the method he does use...

Cage pulls a joint from behind his ear and lights it up taking a long puff.

Evan (V.o.) Yes apparently my hero does his best thinking when he's stoned out of his gourd...But I mean if thats his process who am I to tell him no?

Cage looks up addressing the camera.

Cage:So yeah..this is what I do when I'm completely baffled for an approach..open up my mind a bit and see where the day takes me...I mean this guy Damon Synn I don't really know anything about him other then that he's big and he's mean and he has a stable of flunkies....Which you know good for him but I can't talk smack on someone I don't know...

Cage chuckles a bit as his wife steps onto screen and takes the joint from him taking a long puff as she sits on his lap.

Dee:Hey Evan.

She nibbles a bit on Cage's neck and passes the j back.

Dee:Hurry up and finish that thing..I know you're stumped but Jenn and that Xander kid are coming over and if he smells that he's liable to call the cops on us...

Cage rolls his eyes.

Cage:Eff that little pansy,one of these days I'm gonna...

He trails off and the camera pans back over a bit towards Dee as she stands up.

Dee:Don't mind him he just had an idea.Give him about two minutes and if he doesn't start talking pop him on the back of head.

Dee wanders out of the room with a laugh as Cage stands and reaches for the camera which fades out as the power is cut.

Fade back in to Cage in his gym standing in the middle of a ring with a scrawny boy in a warm up suit,The camera,with Evan filming of course, is at ringside with Cage's wife and daughter standing off to the side.

Cage:Damon Synn....so at Climax Control we'll have our first meeting. Now I admit I don't know alot about you aside from what I've seen in the ring,you're big,you're mean, you enjoy hurting people...yada yada yada..See that is exactly I like it..I love taking the biggest meanest dog in the yard and making it my bitch....and at Climax Control we'll be competing in a hardcore match..well hardcore is my yard!
For almost ten years I shed blood sweat and tears across six continents. I've been hit with sledgehammers,baseball bats,rolls of barbed wire and I just keep coming back for more. I live and breathe hardcore! And today with the help of my little buddy Xander here....

He reaches across and smacks the kid in the chest,the kid flinches.

Cage:I'm going to demonstrate some of the things that I might be doing to you at C.C.

The camera pans over to Dee and Jen,Dee notices and chuckles.

Dee:Evan you're supposed to be filming the action,not the daughter...

Evan:What no I was just..I was wondering what you guys think his chances are...

Dee shakes her head a bit and gives Evan a little wink as if to say 'surrrre'

Dee:I'd say about 50/50..he's been doing better then I expected when he announced his unretirement...

Jenn (wincing at something going on in the ring):Yeah he has and he looks pretty good in there but lets face it Synn is not Xander..I love the boy but he's got like no wrestling skill whatsoever..and trust me when I say he couldn't even rip his way out of a wet paper bag....I don't know what kind of workout Daddy's expecting to get out of this...

Dee:He isn't he just wants to smack your boyfriend around....

We can hear a loud scream form offscreen and then..

Xander (off screen):Wait...no Mr. Cage not the lighttube!

Dee and Jenn both flinch as the sound of shattering glass comes fromt he ring followed by another strangled scream. Dee shakes her head hollering into the ring...

Dee:Bobby! No not the plate glass....

The sound of even more glass shattering as a security alarm somewhere in the house begins to wail.

Dee:Christ Bobby....

Jenn:Daddy..jesus....did you have to throw him through the window...Now I have to take him to the hospital...

Cage (yelling from in the ring):Climax Control Synn...I'll leave you a broken battered mess,just like that!

Fade out as Dee heads into the ring to calm her man and Jenn goes to scrape hers off the lawn.