Author Topic: Travel Buddies  (Read 629 times)

Offline Wyatt Peterson

• View Profile
Travel Buddies
« on: February 10, 2012, 02:34:11 PM »
 Tom: … and that’s how I beat Spike Staggs.

The scene opens up on Wyatt and Tom inside of their hotel room somewhere in Carson City, Nevada, the location of the next taping for SCW Climax Control. The room is completely dark except for a stream of light that is beaming in through a crack in the curtains.  It’s hard to make out much, but the room is decorated in a very basic way. There are two twin sized beds, each with its own individual lamp hanging over the head of it. A table is sandwiched between the beds with nothing more than a telephone and an alarm clock on top of it. Both Tom and Wyatt are lying in their beds with their blankets pulled up to their necks.

Wyatt: That’s so cool. Tell me another.

Tom chuckles.

Tom: Don’t you think that you’re a little old for me to be telling bedtime stories to?

Wyatt ponders the question for a moment before answering.

Wyatt: Ah don’t look at it as telling me bedtime stories. Ah look at it more as studying before bed.

Tom: Studying, huh? Nice excuse, but I don’t think any of my old war stories will help you in your match against Gabe and Despy this weekend. They’re good as individuals, but as a team, they’re the best I’ve ever seen.

Wyatt: Then why don’t ya tell me about some of your tag team matches? You and Richy we’re a hell of a team.

You can hear the smile in Tom's voice when he speaks again.

Tom: Yeah… I miss those days. But he went on to have some success in a team with Christian back in GCW after we split up and I went on to have a decent career as a singles competitor.

Wyatt: Ah remember when it happened. Ah was a freshman in high school. After football practice, ah’d always run home and shower real quick so ah could watch GCW. When Richy turned on you, ah remember they were comparing you guys to Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty.

Tom: Yeah, except Marty Jannetty didn’t do anything else of significance. At least Richy was able to get in another title run before retiring.  I digress. You and Sean have some chemistry in the ring. You guys wouldn’t be tag team champions otherwise. But, Sinful Obsession have some of the best chemistry I’ve ever seen. Not even me and Richy had that much chemistry, and we were connected by blood.

Wyatt: Speakin' of that, when are you going to take me to Dudelyville to meet Richy and Leah?

Tom’s mouth opens wide with a yawn. He smacks his lips a couple of times as his yawn winds down.

Tom (Sleepily): Soon. Soon…

Wyatt: Can we go after the show? It’s just a couple of hours up the highway.

Wyatt is answered by snores arising from Tom's bed.

Wyatt: Damn! Guess ah’ll take that as a no.

Wyatt rolls over onto his side and is soon fast asleep.

<hr width=50%>

***THE NEXT DAY***

Tom is pounding on the bathroom door in the hotel room that he’s sharing with Wyatt Peterson.

Tom: Come on, man! You’ve been in there taking a dump for like, half an hour.

Wyatt: Hold on! Ah’m almost done.

Tom rolls his eyes.

Tom: Yeah, you said that ten minutes ago. Hurry up! I need to get in there before I piss my pants.

Wyatt: Why don’t ya just go in the sink?

Tom looks at the bathroom sink which, for some reason, is located just outside of the bathroom door. He considers it for a second before shaking his head vigorously.

Tom: That’s gross dude. That’s where we’re supposed to clean our hands.

Wyatt (laughs): Too late fer that.  Ah pissed in it when you were in the shower last night.

Tom looks disgusted.

Tom: I shaved in that sink after my shower! Now I’ve got your…

Tom gags.

Wyatt (laughing harder): Yup! You’ve got mah piss on yer face.

Tom gags again. He continues to gag until he eventually bends over the sink and throws up in it. Wyatt stops laughing.

Wyatt: Oh sh*t! Are you okay?

Tom answers Wyatt with another deposit of vomit into the sink. From inside of the bathroom, you can hear Wyatt shuffling around, followed by the flushing of the toilet. Wyatt opens to door to find Tom dry heaving into the sink.

Wyatt: Ya know, ya probably got some splash back into your face.

Tom pushes his way past Wyatt into the bathroom, closing the door behind him. Wyatt laughs as the echo of Tom dry heaving into the toilet emanates from behind the door.

Wyatt: Ya gotta calm down. Ah was runnin’ the water when ah did it. It was all rinsed down.

Tom (between heavy breaths): That is still f*cking disgusting.

Wyatt chuckles to himself and shakes his head. After a moment, the toilet flushes and Tom emerges from the bathroom.  He wipes his mouth with the back of his hand before turning to look at the sink which is still covered in chunks of his vomit.

Wyatt: Ya know that you’re cleanin’ that, right?

Tom smirks as he nods his head.

Tom: I know. I know.

Tom turns on the water in the sink and grabs a hand towel that is hanging on the wall nearby. As Tom cleans the sink, Wyatt is sitting in his bed, playing with his cell phone.  After a couple of moments, he looks up from it.

Wyatt: Hey, Tom, did you hear the latest from Gabriel?

Tom: No, sorry, I’ve been too busy getting your piss on my face all morning. Why? What’d he say?

Wyatt looks back down at his phone.

Wyatt: Well, he started out talkin’ ‘bout how him an’ Despayre are the best team in the world an’ how they’ve never lost.  Then he talks ‘bout how  they’re gonna beat me an’ Sean, ah mean Synn’s bitch,  this week just tah make us doubt ourselves.

Tom finishes up cleaning the sink. He tosses the vomit covered towel under the counter and turns off the water. He grabs a second hand towel and dries his hands as he turns around to face Wyatt.

Tom: You guys aren’t going down without a fight, though. You never do. I think that you and Sean…

Wyatt: You mean Synn’s bitch.

Tom shakes his head.

Tom: Don’t go down that road. That’s your tag team partner.

Wyatt (nodding): Yeah, sorry.

Tom: Anyway, as I was saying, I think that you and Sean will be Sinful Obsession’s toughest challenge to date.

Wyatt: Ah hope so. But that’s not the best part of Gabriel’s promo. He goes on an’ talks ‘bout how he respects me.

A big smile spreads across Wyatt’s face.

Wyatt: Golly! That’s perdy big. A former SCW Heavyweight Champion respects me. Ah must be doin’ somethin’ right.

Tom: Yeah, you’re listening to me.

Wyatt: He talked ‘bout you too. He said that you’ve taught me well, but that you coulda been better in your own career.

Tom is caught off guard. He immediately gets defensive.

Tom: I coulda been better? What’s the supposed to mean?

Wyatt: He said that ya held yourself back. Ya didn’t push yourself to be the best.

Tom: Hmph! Pretty big words from someone when they know that I’m retired. If I was still active in the ring, I’d go show him a thing or two.

Wyatt: Why don't ya? Ah wouldn’t mind seein’ ya get back in the ring.

Tom turns it over in his head for a second before shaking his head vigorously.

Tom: Nah. I’m done wrestling. I think I’m doing fine as your manager. What time is it?

Wyatt looks at his phone.

Wyatt: It’s eleven.

Tom’s eyes go wide.

Tom: Sh*t! We’ve got places to go and I haven’t even showered yet. Finish getting ready while I take a quick shower.

Wyatt nods as Tom reenters the bathroom, quickly starting the shower. Wyatt doesn’t budge from the bed, instead fidgeting with his phone again.

Wyatt: Time to get in a few levels of Angry Birds.

The scene fades.
user posted image

SCW Record:
Individual: 3/2/1
Tag Team: 8/8/0
Cumulative Record: 11/10/1

1x SCW Tag Team Champion (w/ Sean Williams)