Author Topic: The New Home Away from Home...Away from Home  (Read 995 times)

Offline MiloKasey

• View Profile
The New Home Away from Home...Away from Home
« on: December 09, 2022, 11:58:42 PM »
The New Home Away from Home...Away from Home
Turnberry Towers
Las Vegas, NV

“I must admit, Mr. Kasey, I was surprised when you called in regards to looking at one of our condo’s. Mr. Baltasarsson told me you were more interested in staying in New York.”

Cassandra Trentford, a realtor that worked well with the very towers where K and Aron had moved in just a few floors up from where she currently about to show an available condo to the one and only Miles Kasey.

She cleared her throat before she continued on, “I did happen to hear about what happened back towards the end of last month...sorta.”

Miles stops in his tracks for a moment, “You did?

“Well, like I said, sort of...” she smirked at him, “I know your record came back clean, so I’m assuming it was a misunderstanding?”

Something like that.” Miles laughed nervously, “I mean it’s a serious yet funny story.

Flashback almost 2 weeks ago

We have a friend of ours who went back to his abusive piece of shit boyfriend. He was staying at K’s place until we could get a better situation for him, but after coming with us to Cali for the weekend, he just vanished on us. We tracked him down once we got back into town.

Things however, didn’t go all that well. If Aron and I wouldn’t have been there, K would have probably ended up maiming the son of a bitch.

K, we can’t do anything stupid,” Aron said pleading with his brother outside of Carter’s loft that he shared with Lazurus, the one only a few weeks previous Miles along with Ari and a few other’s had found Carter busted up. Now the three men stood at the front door staring down Carter’s boyfriend, Lazarus and looking about as smug as he could get.

Miles had turned his back to Laz, before he lost what sense of composure he had left with dealing with this asshole, there was no reason for decorum though so, “He’s not fuckin’ worth it, K. Not worth the jail time or the potential for anything else like getting deported. We’ll figure out another way.

K growls and eventually relents with an albeit short “Fine,” before Aron eases his grip and Miles goes to shift his feet...when suddenly...

“Going somewhere?” is all Miles heard, he felt a hand on his arm to pull him back and in one fluid motion, Miles pivoted, swung and decked Lazurus right in the jaw.

As Laz slammed back into the door, holding his face, Miles stood there shocked for a moment...hell he wasn’t the only one that stood silent with their mouths agape. “Holy shit, dude.” is what snapped him out of his haze, coming from K who was now pulling him away from the scene.

Before he left though Miles glared at Laz as if to speak an unspoken warning to him. No words were exchanged. None needed to be.

And that was the end of that....or so we thought...

I can’t believe you just punched him!” K said with a smile, “We’re finally wearing off on ya!

Perhaps, doesn’t mean that I should have....but it felt fuckin’ amazing, I will say that.” Miles said sitting back looking at the backside of his right hand, “The cunt has a jaw like a brick though. Ow.” he finished shaking it a bit.

So what if the cops show up?” Aron asked handing him an ice pack.

Let them, the asshole touched me first and I was defending myself...case closed,” he said as he winced, laying the ice pack on his hand.

The doorbell rang and all three just looked, “Well, here’s the chance.” K said raising his eyebrow before answering the door, “Hello there officer, how can we help you this fine evening?

“Good evening, sorry to disturb you so late but I’m looking for Miles Kasey and was told that he would be here,” a fairly young officer said not really sure what to make of the White Wolf standing in the doorway, poor thing couldn’t have been more than 3 months into his time on the force.

Yeah, he is. May I ask what this is regarding?

“Well we received a call from someone about a disturbance tonight and Mr. Kasey was involved, assaulting a gentleman by the name of Lazurus...”

Oh for the love of...” suddenly K is furious and waves the officer inside before slamming the door shut and storming into the living room area where Miles and Aron were sitting there with a shocked look on their faces, “HEY BITCH! WERE YOU SERIOUSLY AROUND THAT PIECE OF SHIT AGAIN TONIGHT?!! What did I tell you about that guy? He’s poisonous!

Oh fuck...Milo, you didn’t...” Aron said looking at the Brit with sadness in his eyes, “Please tell me you didn’t do what I think you did.

Miles tucks his hand next to him, holding onto the ice pack and stands up, “Hey, I swear I didn’t start anything!

Well according to Officer...” K look at the cop and reads the name tag, “Yunger here, you did just that! You wanna explain yourself?

Miles seems to be a bit confused at first but when he catches a wink from Fenris, it suddenly makes sense, “Look, all I did was go over there to confront...

K scoff and gives Miles a little shove, “Oh I’m sure that’s all you went over there to do...

HEY! That’s all, I swear! I would never get myself involved with such a piece of shit. I went to give him a piece of my mind, that’s it.

Aron sighs heavily, "Oh perfect! You two are fighting again and got the cops called on you because of it! And all because you.. !" He looks at Miles, "Can't keep it in your pants!"

Low blow, Aron. Even I have standards...” Miles barked, which almost caused Aron to break.

“Then..uhh..what happened to your hand?” Office Yunger asked.

Oh this?” Miles says holding it up, “Yeah, he grabbed me and I swung in self-defense. I was trying to get out of there and he stopped me. So yeah I hit him but if you check out the video camera that I know he has outside his door and the security cameras in that building, I’m sure that will give you enough evidence.

“Umm, alright well I will make sure to do that.” Officer Yunger says, before he backs up, “We’ll be in touch. Thanks for ...well..good night.”

The young cop leaves quickly and the three men watch as he makes a hasty exit. Just after the door closes behind him they all three bust down in a fit of laughter.

Miles wipes the tears from his eyes, “You guys are pricks...

K slaps him on the shoulder, “That was the best thing that happened after you punched Laz...I need a drink.

Make it 3.” Aron says following him into the kitchen.

So as you can see, while it got a little interesting, my friends had my back.

That’s why I decided after all that, that looking into a second home was the best of ideas.” Miles said looking around the condo that is almost the exact twin but opposite of K and Aron’s place. The walls were familiar to him now, and he could easily see himself here, “I really do like this, and the extra den is perfect, I can turn it into almost a second guest room when I need to.

“Well, hearing the story, I can understand why.” Cassandra said with a smile, “So what do you say, Mr. Kasey? Shall we get the paperwork started?”

Miles smirks, “How about over lunch? I’m starving.” which catches Cassandra off guard, he notices this and points behind him, “Think about it, I’m gonna check out that master bathroom again.

“Oh..umm...ok.”

Welcome Back, London Underground
San Francisco, Cali

It’s the most wonderful time of the year, and since Miles has given himself not one but 2 early Christmas presents, something he hasn’t done in a long time, he has a little more pep in his step. Course things have definitely been better lately in his personal bubble so taking on the sites and sounds of this time of the year. San Fran may be cold and wet at times but you can’t help but admire the beauty of the season.

Just like home.” Miles muttered as he strolled down Pier 39, “Mind you it’s a little colder but the weather is pretty much spot on.

With the long umbrella in hand, currently closed and wrapped up, he uses it as cane right now on his stroll. “I think most of us sometimes forget to accept and take in the little things in life. There are some that get going so damn fast that we tend to forget that for the most part we only have one damn life to live. So imagine my surprise a few weeks ago, when Daniel Morgan and his merry band of misfits known as the London Underground, showed up unexpectedly.

Now while it was a nice little re-debut by them, one has to wonder why now? But then again Londoners always had the absolute worst timing in the world, and talk about coming right into the fold and messin’ in a timeline that he has no business in, but the big boss man himself. Daniel, you wanna talk about coming in hot?

Mind you, I have had a misstep or three as of late, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t wanna end the 2022 calendar year on a high note. And in case you have missed it, 2022 has been quite a year for me.” Miles puts his hand out and feels a drop, he reaches down and begins to open up his umbrella, “Call me sickeningly optimistic but my road back to the Roulette Championship and Billy Barnhart has to have a few bumps in the road. He’s that one guy that I have never really been able to beat and what a test in the hands of a man like you, Danny boy.

I gotta admit, it feels like I’m going in a bit on the blind side but if you are coming for me with guns blazing then let it be known that I’m going to give you that workout that you’ve been so desperately craving. That’s why you came back, that desperate search for glory yet again.” Miles lifts his umbrella just as the rain comes pouring down, “We’re used to the gloom, we’re used to the rain, but the bright end of the all this is I’m going to give you the one thing that brought you back...cause past the gloom is the glory.

Miles adds a little extra pep and whistles ‘Walkin’ in a Winter Wonderland’ before he turns around and bows, “See ya out there, mate.