Author Topic: Who is Karina Koji?  (Read 348 times)

Offline KojiVerse

• View Profile
    • Aleksei Koji
Who is Karina Koji?
« on: August 24, 2012, 11:12:59 PM »
 Excerpts from the documentary “Who is Karina Koji?”
Interview with Kathik Ong

It is hard to tell how old Kathik is. He is a small man with a wrinkled face and crazy black hair with streaks of grey. He might be seventy or he might be a forty year old who has lived a hard life. His words are being translated. The interviewer sounds American and his words are also being translated.

Kahik: Karina Koji save my life.

Interviewer: Really? How so?

Kahik: I was living between railroad tracks in a small hut. One night a fire breaks out in the tent city but I am a heavy sleeper. All of a sudden this young woman throws open the door to my shack. All this smoke starts coming in and she grabs me. She drags me out.

Interviewer: How did you know it was her?

Kahik: I asked her of course. I said I owed her my life. She spoke my language, not well but she understood. I asked her name and she told me. Then she bought me soup and that was it.

Excerpts from the documentary “Who is Karina Koji?”
Interview with Phaillin

Phaillin is a young woman dressed in a tight revealing outfit. She has a scar on her left cheek and is smoking during the brief interview. They are outside some club in Bankok that appears to be a strip club. She speaks English but not terribly well.

Phaillin: Karina is terrible bitch. She still owes me money! That Farang danced here with me. She loved danger. Borrowed money and never returned.

Interviewer: So you never heard of her helping people in need or saving someones life?

Phallin: That selfish girl. No way! She takes and takes, that is all. I hear she stabbed a guy north of town and stole his drugs.

SCW Interview, Greyhound Cafe

The Greyhound Cafe is one of the more popular restaurants in Bangkok and Scott Oliver sticks out like a sore thumb. He is dressed in his typical casual garb while all sorts of trendy, classy people gather nearby him to share drinks. He is in a quiet corner, looking around. Karina Koji approaches him wearing an elegant, tight black dress with purple trim. She has never been seen before like this. Her hair is down and done in a way to hide most of the shaved portions. She moves through the crowd effortlessly and sits down at the table. Oliver’s mouth hangs open.

Oliver: Karina?

Her confidence seems to waver a little as she becomes self conscious. She simply nods as she sets her purse down. When the waiter comes she orders in Thai and seems fairly fluent.
Oliver is stunned again.

Oliver: You speak Thai?

Karina: Da.

Olver just chuckles then and struggles to order some food as well.

Oliver: This place is fancy, how did you get us in?

Karina: I know a guy. He owes me. When Aleksei convinced me to do an interview...well I figured we should do it right. So thats why I got us in here.

Oliver: How do you know a guy who can get you into a fancy place in Thailand?

Karina: Are you going to ask a lot of questions like this?

Oliver: It is kind of the point of an interview.

Karina lets out a sigh and scowls at him for a moment.

Karina: Fine...the thing is I kind of roamed around this part for a few years. I met people.

Oliver: I guess so. I heard some guy called up the main office looking for you, he is making some kind of folk hero documentary?

Karina: Yeah well you tell that guy he does not come near me without getting stabbed in the face.

Oliver: And on that note I will make sure not to annoy you too much.

Karina smirks at that but does not say anything. Drinks arrive soon after and she takes a sip.

Oliver: So you have a Roulette Title Match coming up? Are you excited?
Karina: No. Not excited. I am focused. I have been training harder than any other time in my life. I have been watching the tapes and getting inside the head of Kittie. I know at one time I wanted to be her friend and to be honest I feel silly for that. But I understand her because of that. I know how she fights and I know I can beat her.  I know that this time, this week there is nobody you could put in that ring that I wouldn’t beat.

Oliver: What about next week?

Karina: Who knows? I will be a different person then.

Oliver: Oh right because of that whole phoenix like thing you do..I guess. You believe every time you go in the ring you die right...and get reborn. I mean how does that work? Is it like your superpower?

Karina: Are you crazy? It is not a superpower, we all do that. Every moment we recreate ourselves. Its not my fault most people just choose to recreate themselves into the same boring shapes. I refuse to do that. So yes, when that match is done and Kittie lies there, broken. I will be a new woman and so will she.

Oliver: But how does that work for you being a champion? I mean right now you say you want this and that nobody can stop you? what if next week you want to be someone who can’t defend a championship?

Karina: ah yes.. I see what your saying. I don’t really care. I mean that is for the boss men to worry bout ya? I mean they know I put on a good show and that is why they have me coming back into the ring to fight Kittie one more time. I know that no matter what, who ever I become next I will always be a fighter. I may not be the fighter people want me to be, but I will always be willing to get in that ring.

Oliver: Kittie seems to think you don’t deserve this match.

Karina: Well boo hoo! Again, to you I say that I could care less. This is not about what is fair. This is about what is fun and what will make a good match. The women that are yapping at Kittie’s heels for her shiny belt are boring, and most are not that talented. Why keep throwing boring girls at her when you know she is going to decimate them? When Kittie and I met the first time we gave everyone a damn good show. Hell we nearly killed each other in that ring. That is what people want to see. They don’t care about fair....and the bosses don’t care either. The only person that seems to care is Kittie and that is because she is scared of me.

Oliver: You think Kittie is scared of you?

Karina: Da, of course she is. She is the only one in this whole federation who knows first hand how deadly I can be. She has faced me in the ring and it nearly ended her. Now she has to do that all over again, but it is a good thing. I will make her stronger. Sure she will lose her belt and some of her pride, but then she will go on to better things. All of the SCW will fear the creature that leaves that ring. They will fear her almost as much as me.

Three very well dressed men walk over to their table. They start talking to her in Thai. One of the men leers at her and she gives him a dirty look. She then tells them something in Thai and the men look at Scott. They start to laugh and walk off.

Oliver: What was that all about?

Karina: They wanted to know if I was the famed dancer Karina. She use to be a dancer her in town before she stabbed some looser thug. I told them if I was that girl would I be having dinner with a lame American like you.

Karina grins and Olver looks mildly offended. But then something occurs to him.

Oliver: Wait, does that mean you were a dancer who stabbed a guy.

Karina: I wouldn’t say that I like you Scott Oliver, but I would  hate to see you stabbed in the face...so maybe you should enjoy your dinner and stop with the questions. Ok?

Oliver turns to the camera looking a little nervous as Karina calmly starts to eat her meal that has just been brought over. He mouths to camera to get help as it fades out.  
user posted image