Author Topic: Finally I can put this nightmare behind me.  (Read 370 times)

Offline Lizzie Short

• View Profile
    • "The Prodigy" Lizzie Short
Finally I can put this nightmare behind me.
« on: August 21, 2012, 10:12:21 PM »
 Last week on Climax Control Jason Burnside was defeated by Casey Williams and Laura was rescued, last we heard Jason was being deported back to England where he’s likely to face a life sentence for what he’s done (the cops believe he killed a missing SCW Fan who was scheduled to be on the Summer XXXTreme cruise and took his place).

Now the man who initially brought Burnside into the country, “Prime Time” Matthew Kennedy, was facing the leader of NXT Spike Staggs, obviously the title isn’t on the line but a win over the NWA Champion will do a lot for Matthew’s career as a wrestler.

Matthew’s hotel room, Bangkok, Thailand
August 21, 2012, 11:00am

“Ugh, finally that psychopath is behind us!” Marty groaned as he got off the phone, I was at my laptop whilst he was talking to our lawyer. “You want the good news or the great news?”

“Depends on what you mean by “great news”, if by that you mean you finally found a woman willing to sleep with you then I’m not interested.” I responded and Marty rolled his eyes.

“Very funny, good news is Burnside is facing Life in Prison, not only for the kidnapping but for an unsolved murder of an SCW Fan who happened to have tickets to Summer XXXTreme and went missing two weeks before the event with the tickets missing as well.” Marty explained and I grinned broadly, for once we agreed.

“And the great news?” I asked and Marty grinned.

“He’s being deported back to England to face god knows how many crimes he’s wanted for.” Marty said with a grin. “Basically the likelihood of him ever getting out of jail again is the same as someone finding Jimmy Hoffa’s body.”

“Good, now let’s change subjects and focus on my match this week, the mere mention of that man’s name makes my skin crawl.” I said before turning my attention away from my laptop and too Marty. “I’m sure I don’t need to point out how big this match is.”

“No kidding, you’re facing the NWA Champ!” Marty said with a massive grin. “Sure it’s non-title but imagine what a win over Spike will do for your career!”

“I don’t need to imagine something I know is going to happen but that’s beside the point.” I said with a frown. “The last time I had any interactions with the elder Staggs is when Jason powerbombed Spike onto the hood of a car, obviously Spike will be looking for revenge!”

“Yeah because that time Jason was actually following your orders!” Marty said before shaking his head. “Look, I’m going to get us a dinner reservation at a fancy restaurant I found the other day because as far as I’m concerned Burnside being out of our hair permanently is cause for celebration!” Marty said and he walked off whilst I resisted the urge to make a quip about his bald patch, with Marty gone I turned to the camera.

“Now that I can put the unpleasant business with Burnside behind me I can focus on the future and that future starts this week on Climax Control where I will face Spike Staggs in a non-title match, it seems that I cannot get NXT out of my life can I? First Casey Williams ends my title reign before I can bring some actual prestige to the belt , then Koji, though he wasn’t a member at the time, costs me my title just by being in the match and now I am facing Spike Staggs, the leader of NXT and the reigning NWA Champion.”

I said with a grin.

“I may be stuck in the Cruiseriweight Rankings thanks to a bunch of idiots who clearly don’t recognize World Championship Caliber Talent when they see it but that doesn’t matter to me, you want to know why? Because as soon as I defeat you Staggs my career will only go in one direction; up! Soon after I win this match I’ll set my sights on winning the NWA World Heavyweight Championship myself and from there, as the old saying goes, the world is my oyster.”

And I’m going to enjoy every bit of it.

“Off course I realize that this is a perfect opportunity for Spike to avenge the attack he suffered at the hands of my now former bodyguard Jason Burnside, and savor that moment for it’ll be the last time you’ll ever hear that name mentioned on SCW TV again, but you know what? I welcome it, because anger will cloud your judgment and thus your anger will aid in my victory.”

I shook my head.

“You may say that you are in control of your anger but how can you be? Even if you don’t take into account your attack at the hands of my bodyguard there’s the whole kidnapping situation that was only recently resolved, the fact that Koji has to defend his title against a very dangerous opponent in Goth and let’s not get into the possibility that Odette could lose the Bombshell Title to a man! So yes, you have every right to be angry and I intend to take advantage of it.”

Marty returned to the room with a grin on his face.

“Good news, the restaurant has a reservation free!” Marty said and I grinned at that. “I booked it for 5:00pm, once I got past the language barrier that is, that sound good to you?”

“Yes, it does.” I said with a nod before frowning. “Now if you excuse me I have a promo to finish and I don’t want to take up any more screen time.”

Marty nods before leaving the room and I turned back to the camera.

“As you can see I and Marty are in high spirits now that the recent nightmare is behind us and I can now focus on moving forward, and that will start with you Staggs, you may be the NWA Champion but that doesn’t matter, especially when I beat you.”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“Spike you may be the NWA Champ but once I win and persuade Christian and Mark to book a rematch for the title I will win it, and from there it’ll be like taking candy from a mentally handicapped baby, my name is “Prime Time” Matthew Kennedy and Spike Staggs is about to be cancelled.”

I turned to my laptop as the scene fades.
user posted image

user posted image