Author Topic: Equal treatments  (Read 561 times)

Offline Cookie S'Mores

• View Profile
    • "Showgirl" Cookie S
Equal treatments
« on: August 17, 2012, 05:46:25 PM »
 Changi Airport
Queenstown, Singapore

>

The reception towards professional wrestlers in the continent of Asia was vastly different from what one might experience in the United States and even Canada.

The passengers from flight 417 has started to emerge from the terminal boarding area, many of whom were superstars and bombshells from Sin City Wrestling. The first leg of the "Asian Invasion" tour would kick off here in Queenstown, Singapore, a sector named after Queen Elizabeth herself in honor of her coronation. Reporters by the dozens waited anxiously with cameras, not allowed to stand within the terminal itself for security issues, but just outside of it where the public mingled with those disembarking from their planes.

As the first superstar of the SCW stepped out into the public area, the cameras started flashing and fans ran up with bright smiles on their faces and pens and pads of paper held out in the hopes of getting an autograph from one of these many wrestling superstars. One of those very stars is one-half of the reigning SCW Bombshell Tag Team Champions, Cookie S'Mores, who is walking alongside her friend and Party Girl championship partner, Brandi Shotze.

"Damn it!" Brandi snarled, shielding her eyes as the cameras flashed in her face. "What the hell do these idiots think they're doing!?"

"Chill out sister." Cookie smiled and she draped her weighty arm around her partner's shoulder and pulled her over close and smiled as more cameras flashed around them. "This isn't Vegas. Here we're going to get treated a lot differently. You don't see us greeted like this over in America, do you?"

"Shit, we didn't even get treated like this in Europe." Came Brandi's response.

"My point exactly." Cookie said as she pulled Brandi to a stop alongside a wall where many reporters crowded in toward them and other SCW stars. Cookie shifted her one carry one bag against the wall and started to unzip it. She looked up at Brandi and nodded, saying, "Get yours too. Trust me on this one."

Brandi sighed and rolled her eyes so hard you'd think her retinas might detach. She followed suit and dropped her bag carelessly to the floor and kneeled down so she might rummage through it. She got what she wanted, as did Cookie, and the two Bombshells stood up, holding their tag team championship belts in front of them and the flashes from the cameras intensified.

"Damn!" Brandi stammered, her eyes squinting to shield herself from the bright multitude of blinding flashes. "You'd think these people never saw wrestling champions before!"

"Oh they've seen them." Cookie replied. "But to them, it's something bigger than life. Wrestling is seen as something entirely different here in Asia, especially Japan, than it is over where we're based."

Brandi hefted her tag title belt over her shoulder and looked at Cookie and asked, "Different, how? Because if they think I'm going to lay naked on some table covered in sushi...."

Cookie smiled and shook her head before she said, "No, nothing like that. See, in both the United States and Asia, wrestlers are seen as celebrities. But in Asia, the sport is treated with a whole lot more respect than it is anywhere else in the world. Especially the women."

"Explain."

"Well you've seen how a lot of promotions over in the States and Canada portray their female wrestlers!" Cookie frowned. "They're treated like sex objects who wouldn't know a wrist lock from a wrist watch. And yet they're hyped and billed as credible champions."

"You don't see that in SCW too much." Brandi interjected.

Cookie nodded, "True. Mark and Christian seem to have at least a basic idea on how to book women properly. True most of the gals in SCW are a bunch of Barbie dolls still, but at the very least they can wrestle. The only time we've seen something even remotely booked in a sexualized manner would be that time Bo and Matt Kennedy were in that mud match." Cookie looked to Brandi and winked. "But I'm sure you remember that all too well."

Brandi sighed and twitched, "I get tingly just thinking about it."

"Point being..." Cookie said. "In the States, women only get treated right on the indy scene. Major feds and you find women who can't wrestle doing screen shots in bikinis and sleeping with the men to try and get better bookings. In Asia, the women are treated on par with the men as far as respect goes. Look at us. We're main eventing this bad boy!"

Brandi nodded, "Yeah, I saw that and was damn surprised. Gonna be sweet going out there last and busting some heads."

Cookie said, "And that happens a lot in Asia. hell, in Asia they have all-female promotions and shows. I remember one show in the nineties that sold out the Tokyo Egg Dome and was over 13 hours long!"

Brandi frowned and turned to look at Cookie with an incredulous expression on her face. She said, "Thirteen hours!? You have GOT to be shitting me!"

Cookie shook her head, "Nope. It's true. It's the norm here. Women will sell out shows all by themselves. It's not even that normal of a thing to see men and women booked on the same shows. usually it's all male or all female."

"Well hell, that's no fun." Brandi smirked as the camera flashes started to slow down and she stuffed her belt back into her bag and scooped it up, Cookie following suit.

"No, it doesn't sound like much fun, does it?" Cookie chuckled and they started down the hall. "But that's what this one will be all about. Experiencing some new things. We're going to go out there and bust those two pretty girls, Newborn and Solderini, and walk out as the champions. This tour is going to kick things off Party style."

(OOC: What my partner said)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 05:46:45 PM by Cookie S'Mores »
Thin may be in...

>

But fat is where it's at!