Author Topic: Chapter 16: Promiscuous  (Read 861 times)

Offline Dreamkiller

• View Profile
    • Johanna Krieger
Chapter 16: Promiscuous
« on: February 24, 2023, 06:02:47 PM »
Chapter 16
Promiscuous
10 Years Ago

Why do people seek comfort in others? Not just comfort in emotions or time together, or friendship and love. I mean physically. Why do some of us go down the path of giving our bodies to anyone who would offer a modicum of kindness?  It’s funny; for the longest time, I thought I was one of those people. Not because of anything I did, but because of how others treated me and talked about me. Yes, I have always had a certain aura about me when it comes to my looks, my body and the fact I know men find me attractive.

Some call it arrogance, I prefer confidence.

In this world, where women are constantly talking about having a positive body image, it shocked me to find just how many tear me down for the sheer fact that I have it. I know I’m good looking. I know I have a desirable body. I’m not stupid. But with that confidence comes a certain pitfall in life. For years, I have been saddled with a preconception of being promiscuous.

Often, my name has become synonymous with being called a “whore”.

Despite the fact I can count the number of sexual partners I have had on one hand. But, this started young, the beating down of confidence and hurtful behavior. And I had no guidance in how to deal with this or how to navigate those waters. My mother was a wreck, still destroyed by her relationship with the drunken, abusive cunt she married and had kids with. And my older sister? A woman who I had looked up to for a time? Well, Amber was gone.

I was in my final year of high school. The final year before I would have to go out and find out what I was going to do with my life.

I had a boyfriend back then. His name was Darius. He was a good looking lad, tall, athletic. Captain of the school's sixth form soccer team. We had been dating for two years. He helped me through the difficult times, when my brother and sister left, dealing with my little sister who had slowly grown into an annoying pain.

He was there.

He was my first love, and the guy I lost my virginity to.

But, underneath it all, I had been slowly manipulating everything. In Darius, I saw my future. He was smart, well-educated and was going to be a star in sport or life. His father was rich and had an accounting firm in London. Darius was only at our little school in Norwich to be close to his mother, and he was my ticket out of here. So, I did what I could to bring him around. Our uniform was very similar to most schools, a white button up shirt for both the boys and girls. Black slacks and a grey, black and red tie for the boys and for us?
...well…

A black, grey and red tartan skirt, one that I made a good five inches shorter than it was meant to be.

He saw me and it was lust at first sight. But let's be honest here, getting a teenage boy’s attention wasn’t very difficult. But, one day it all changed. The grip I had on him, the fact he doted on me and gave me all I wanted had suddenly stopped. And when I went to confront him, well, this is the first time I realised my confidence and attitude had a side effect. ”Darius?...hey what the hell?” I moved toward him and folded my arms over my chest with a scowl.

He gave his friends a look and then a small nod, telling them to leave. His little group, six hangers on who would always act like they were his “boys”, gave me a weird look as they backed away. Darius though, he didn’t even look at me. ”What do you want Kayla?” What did I want? I didn’t say anything back; in fact I just stayed silent, I felt a sickness deep in the pit of my stomach that day, one I’ll never forget. ”I thought not talkin’ to you would be enough, but since it isn’t…we’re done.”

Done?

I swallowed and gave him a small nod, I tried to keep calm, but underneath I was in a rage. I’ve never been the most measured individual, but you have to remember. I had just turned 18, I was still a psycho ball of hormones. So, I reacted…harshly. ”Are you havin’ a fuckin laugh? Done? You’re dumpin’ me and this is how you do it? Why?”

He shook his head and stood up, still not even looking at me. His voice was cold, no emotion, just, blank. ”Look, Kay, I’m goin off to University in a few months, we had our fun, but my dad is right…I have bigger and better things to look forward to.”

”Fun? I was just…fun? What about the things we talked about?...”

He laughed at me. LAUGHED. AT ME. ”Fo’ real? Kayla, you’re not the type of girl you plan the future with. We had our fun, we did. But sweetheart…now it’s time. We all grow up, yeah? I have to look for a woman.,.not…well…a ho.” He chuckled again. And that was the end of it. Not just of the relationship, but all my pretenses. He turned and stepped away from me, my hand balled up into a fist.

”Hey…Darius…” He huffed and turned, and as he did…

I knocked him the fuck out.

Present Day

”So, legit, why are you here?”

Simple question. Here I was, backstage at a Pro Wrestling Excellence show, a company I had previously worked for before taking my talents to Sin City Wrestling. I had been approached by officials, asked why I was there and I told them the truth. I was there to talk to someone. Now, I need to be honest. Most of my life, I have never asked for guidance. I have never needed advice. But, I needed to talk to someone.

Dickie Watson.

The adopted younger brother of Finn. A wrestler, just like his older brother, but someone who knew Finn better than I did. A guy who, for most of his adult life, had been in Finn’s shadow and somehow broke out and became a star. He was someone I knew, someone who I had a love/hate relationship with. And, as much as I hate to admit it, he had become someone I could trust.

Yes. I know. Strange concept, especially coming from me.

He sat back, his arms folded over his chest, a black beanie on his head as wisps of brown hair poked out over his eyes.

I simply shook my head and sighed heavily. ”I would have thought it was obvious. Dickie.”

He swallowed, shuffled awkwardly and gave a small nod. He knew why I was there, what I wanted to talk about. But, I also know that he felt awkward with this, getting involved in his brother's love life. Or rather, the train wreck it had become. ”Look, I don’t really know what I can do. Finn walks to the beat of his own drum and always makes his own decisions…” He trailed off for a moment and looked away, he knew something. And I needed to know.

”I just wish I knew why. Ya know? After Christmas…” I looked down, my heart sank to my stomach as I remembered that night. He needed me, needed to walk away from everyone and be alone. But, he wanted to be alone with me. And that meant more to me than I would ever let on. ”I thought we….connected…but I guess I was wrong.” My voice faltered at the end, it cracked and I felt myself start to slip.

Dickie shuffled again, I could feel him staring at me, I could feel his face change. He felt bad for me. He felt pity and that feeling was sickening. But not as sickening as the thought of Finn being with her. [color=9ccb19]”You did…”[/color] His voice broke the silence. I didn’t meet his gaze, I couldn’t look him in the eye. I shouldn’t. He’ll see it, see that I’m broken. [color=9ccb19]”He told me, you did.”[/color]

I turned, for a split second, and he saw it. He saw me. He saw the look in my eyes and I turned away just as fast. I hated this. But I needed this just as much. ”Then why? Why did he ignore me? Why did he go and get in a relationship with someone like her? I guess I…I guess I should have seen this coming Dickie.”

”What’s that?”

My breath was shaky. I closed my eyes as a tear dropped. ”That I was an idiot…for thinking I was ever good enough…” I stood up, Dickie was speechless, he had no idea what to say to that. But his silence said more than empty platitudes or lies ever could. ”I’ll see you around Dickie…thanks for…I don’t know…listening.” I moved up and out the door, not letting Dickie say or do anything to stop me.

A Greek Revolution?

”Just so we’re clear on this, Melissa deserves her spot in the match at Blaze of Glory.”

Kayla sighed. Honesty was the best policy.

”She pushed me to my limits. And even though I was within one second of beating her, the match still ended in a draw. Even though I ate her finisher and still was the first one to move, she still made damn sure I wasn’t able to beat her clean. So at Blaze of Glory, Melissa will be in the ring with me and will be doing all she can to take my internet title away from me. And based on her past, based on the fight she brought to me, she had the right to be confident and has the right to call herself a contender.”

“And truth be told, that is all I ever wanted. See, a championship, and by extension a champion, is only as good as her quality of opponents and what she can accomplish. It’s a fact that I have tried to drill into the minds and hearts of all the other Bombshells and some of the fans, but rarely does it ever stick.”

“Because most of you are devoid of brain cells and are, in most cases, complete idiots.”

“I wanted to make this title mean something. And in having a woman like Melissa gunning for it, I have done that. I have done that by making sure I beat someone from SCW’s past, in Mercedes Vargas, and someone who should be SCW’s future in Bella Madison. And now, well now, I have Melissa waiting there on the horizon, and after she and I went to war back at the beginning of this month I’m even more excited. However. as this runaway car speeds toward the brick wall we have a third wheel. A squeaky wheel that wants to jump up and down screaming that she’s there.”

“And now, I’m going to give you your wish, Ariana. And give you some attention.”

Kayla can’t help but scoff and let out a small laugh before getting to her feet from the couch she was sitting on.

”I’m not sure you will really want this though. See, you, like many others have made the mistake of thinking you know me in any significant way. And by putting your foot in your mouth on social media time and time again in ways that fly in the face of facts, you’ve shown me and everyone else that you’re a surface level bitch. You can’t even say the correct facts…easily researched facts. See, this isn’t the first time you and I will have been in the ring together one on one, and we have been in th,e ring together for the Internet Championship before too. But, waaaay back when I first came to SCW, when I was first showing the world what I was capable of Christian and Mark decided to put you and I in the ring together. In their minds, it was to test the young rookie out – meaning you – while also seeing if the hype that had surrounded me was legit or some kind of smoke and mirrors.”

“And I passed their little test. Didn’t I, Ariana?”

Another smile as Kayla reaches down and picks up the Internet Champion. One she has now held twice and for over one hundred days in her second reign.

”The next time you and I met was in a battle royal for this very championship. And, when I mentioned that every time you and I have been in the ring I have won, you got awfully defensive all over Twitter didn’t you? You got so upset and in your little feels that you felt the need to say you were eliminated by Tempest and not me, so that “didn’t count”.

Tell me, Ariana, when the bell rung and the dust settled, who was the winner? Who was holding the Internet Championship and who was backstage lamenting the fact she failed?”

“If you’re not first, you’re last, bitch.”

“And that right there is the problem with you, Ariana. The problem with a lot of women in SCW really. See, I have had two losses and one draw in this company. That is, well, three failures. And I have owned every single one of them. I lost that stupid Over the Pool X match for the Roulette title. I lost the Internet Championship to Keira, and I drew with Melissa. And every single one of those matches, I owned the reasons I lost. I took my eye off the title in the Ultimate X, I lost to Keira because she just wanted it more that night and Melissa drew with me because she is a tough bitch ready to fight.”

“But you? You just make excuses for everything.”

Kayla shrugs and holds onto the Internet Championship, grasping it to her shoulder as she sneers.

”You lost to me, you made the excuse that you weren’t ready and promised to do better. You lost to me in the Internet Battle Royal; nope, it was all Tempest. And when you lost to Crystal in the Roulette Championship match, you didn’t even bother to make an excuse. Shit, I then turned around and made the joke that if I beat you one-on-one Christian and Mark should take you out of the triple threat match. Something that, even if it was just me shit stirring, had a point to it. And what happened with all of that, Ariana?”

“You got so angry and defensive. Snapping at me. Talking shit in subtweets because you are nothing but a coward. Cause let’s face it, you little greek twit: on social media, with a microphone, in the ring, you just don’t measure up to me. And here I am, welcoming the challenge that we will both deal with at Blaze of Glory against Melissa while shrugging at having to face you.”

“The truth hurts and the truth is I don’t even know why the hell you are getting a title shot. You want to sit there and give me shit for drawing with Melissa when you have never beaten me. Don’t you see how that makes you look? Anyone, and I mean anyone in or out of the company looks at that logic, rolls their eyes and thinks you’re an idiot. And by extension that makes the company, and me look bad.”

“You have had one small glimmer of success in SCW. You became the Roulette Champion and beat Melissa. You pinned that simpering, useless Georgie Robinson, but you still did it and had a nice little run, Ariana. But, just because you had that glimmer of hope and success doesn't mean the same thing will happen with the Internet Championship. See, I have fought tooth and nail since I regained this to keep it and to make it mean something. And now? Losing to someone like you not only would make me look weak, but it would also give you a small mental advantage going into Blaze of Glory.”

“And that is a problem for me…”

“See, you have become a thorn in my side. You have become this loud, annoying voice next to me, screaming into my ear time and time again as you want attention from someone better than you. Now? You have it. And now you’re going to regret it. Now, I want to destroy you. I want you to know, after this match and Blaze of Glory that you should be embarrassed for ever believing that you could beat me. That starts this week, Ariana. I am going to beat you, break you, and embarrass you.”

“Remember that next time you want to pop off on social media…and remember that you brought this on yourself.”