Author Topic: Redemption: Ft. Candice Wolf-Page and Mac Bane  (Read 814 times)

Offline Chris Page

• View Profile
Redemption: Ft. Candice Wolf-Page and Mac Bane
« on: August 17, 2022, 06:21:01 AM »
One of the many questions I’ve been asked when it comes to Sin City Wrestling is why I would accept Christian's invitation to partake in your upcoming Pay-Per-View event after my last outing here was less than stellar.

It’s simple. Redemption.

See it’s not every day that I am not successful in whatever ventures I am undertaking regardless if it’s traveling the entire spectrum competing against the best of the best, if it’s signing elite talent to CCPE, running my supershows, or even doing “Down the Rabbit Hole”, “Cult Radio”, “5BW Radio”, and even my own “Smoke Sessions”.

Sin City Wrestling has yet to be owned.

Until now.

It’s taken several months to get back this way but alas here I am poised to tackle whatever is coming my way, and low and behold if my challenge wasn’t answered by one of the very men that served my downfall the first go around.

Ben Jordan.

I won’t forget that bitter taste of defeat; nobody has taken it more personally than I have. The way I see it is I let Mac Bane down when I ate that fateful pinfall. Still, since then that’s been more than rectified when you look at what’s transpiring outside the SCW bubble and see that we are collectively owning a pair of gloves from Level Up… but this isn’t Level Up which means that I MUST rewrite history at the expense of any and everyone that crosses my path. My quest for redemption starts on ClimaxControl where I’m once again tasked for tag team action as I team with the very man that I will battle; it’s not the first or last time the words strange bedfellows have reared their face.

I don’t have any animosity toward you, Ben.

I was elated to see that you answered the call to dance with the devil under the pale moonlight, but that is then and this is now. The only thing I want or need from you is for you to show up and live up to your reputation as I shall do myself. You’re looked at in legendary form around these parts while I am looked at as an Icon across the entire business. There’s no reason why we can’t come together on this one night and make some goddamn noise.

What do you say, Ben?

Do you want to rearrange a few faces?

SPLAT SOUND STAGE 2
The Assassin
8/16/22
7:45 AM

Featuring: Candice Wolf-Page and Mac Bane

It was early in the morning on Tuesday with shooting for Splat’s The Assassin which premiers on New Year’s Eve as the scene opens to find Chris in the kitchen of his trailer brewing a pot of coffee as he’s rolled out of bed just a few minutes prior. The smell of the Columbian beans brewing invades the air as it drifts down the small hallway toward the bedroom where Candice Wolf-Page is still knocked out.

God, I miss the days of sleeping until noonish.

The smell of the coffee brewing is enough to rouse Candice from her sleep unknown to Chris who opens a cupboard and retrieves two coffee cups. He begins to pour as Candice has now gotten out of bed and has put on a long shirt to cover her naked body as she comes out of the bedroom and down the hall toward the kitchen where she nearly runs into Page as he is bringing her a cup of joe.

CHRIS PAGE: Goddamn! Scared the shit outta me.

Chris states as he nearly spills the piping hot coffee all over himself. Candice merely takes the cup from Chris’s hand as she takes a seat at the kitchen table leaving Chris to retrieve his cup on the kitchen counter.

CHRIS PAGE: Good morning to you too.

Candice holds up the index finger on her right hand while taking her first sip from the mug before responding.

CANDICE WOLF-PAGE: Now I can talk.

If you don’t know my wife one of the first things you’ll learn is communicating before she has a cup of coffee in the mornings is almost a death sentence all on its own.

CHRIS PAGE: Well good morning to you too.

CANDICE WOLF-PAGE: Morning to me is noonish.

CHRIS PAGE: Good point.

Chris takes a seat across from Candice and takes a sip from his cup as well.

CANDICE WOLF-PAGE: What is on the agenda this week?

Candice asks.

CHRIS PAGE:
Outside of shooting this flick for Splat? Just two appearances; one Friday with SCW, Uprising vs Knox, and one Monday for IIW.

CANDICE WOLF-PAGE: Only three? Shocking.

My adventures across the wrestling world over the last year have brought not only my name but my reputation within the business to an all-time high. I knew when I took on this undertaking that it wasn’t going to be easy, that it was going to be a lot of work, and that if I played my cards right my name would be on the tips of the tongues of the masses throughout the profession.

I didn’t lie.

There isn’t ONE person in this business that commands the attention, that moves the needle more than Chris Page. It’s something that I busted my ass to achieve, and it’s something that I will continue to bust my ass to keep. Let’s be fair, I don’t have to try hard at this point, and while there’s a plethora of talents nipping at my heels I’ve run out of charity cases to give.

CHRIS PAGE: I know, I know… it’s not six.

CANDICE WOLF-PAGE: So it’s an improvement.

Candice responds.

CANDICE WOLF-PAGE: Any particular reason you’re heading back to Sin City? I didn’t think you had a pleasant experience the first go around.

CHRIS PAGE: Losing is never pleasant but I can’t pass up the chance for redemption. Christian approached me with this opportunity that I couldn’t pass up. Not only do I have the chance to redeem myself, which I will, but I also have a chance to get in the green and not the red with back-to-back wins.

Let’s take a minute and discuss just who is standing across the ring from the unlikely duo of Ben and me. Kenny, I missed you at the Cup brother. How did it feel knowing that the only tournament match on my entire card that had to be pulled completely was yours and Betsy’s? It’s good to know you’ll show up for title opportunities versus agreeing to take part in a program and just not show up for it. How hard was it to get to Manhattan? You had issues, maybe I should have created a defunct Championship and you would have bothered to have met your contractual obligation.

Ah man, I’m just joshin’ ya.

Says more about you than it does anyone else that you didn’t bother to show up, but never in a million years did I expect to be able to exact a little revenge upon you myself so shortly after The Cup. I will say it’s good to see you getting out from underneath that UGWC rock as you are now set to tangle with SCW’s one-man wrecking crew that is known the world over as Mac Bane…  if I leave enough meat on the bone to quench his hunger.

CHRIS PAGE: It’s a two-shot deal, a tag match, and a singles match. I’m looking forward to doing it. I’m on a redemption tour with SCW. I’ve made no bones about it that coming up short the first go around bothered me more than it probably should have but that’s because I let down Mac Bane.

One of the many things I tell all my clients within CCPE when it comes to Chris Page is that I lead by example. The last thing that epitomizes that sentiment is stepping up to team with someone like Mac and not living up to the hype. I’ve since made that up to Mr. Bane elsewhere but THIS is his home. I often wondered if I’d find my way back here, and be able to not only come back but to be met with someone like Ben Jordan that was on the opposite side of the ring upon my first failure.

Talk about bringing things full circle, right?

If nothing it’s an opportunity, and that’s all I have ever asked for.

CANDICE WOLF-PAGE: Are you in Reno? If so, I’ll come with.

Chris quietly sips from his mug glancing away from Candice to avoid eye contact.

CANDICE WOLF-PAGE: Chris?

Chris closes his eyes while biting at his lower lip before responding with.

CHRIS PAGE: India.

Chris opens his eyes to see his lovely bride simply shaking her head.

CANDICE WOLF-PAGE:
One day you’ll learn.

Let’s keep it real because I can’t begin to tell you how many times I’ve talked to Candice about slowing the fuck down. Over the last year or so I believe I’ve cemented myself as one of the greatest of all time on the schedule I cut alone. There aren’t many out there that will go from brand to brand as successful as I have been without changing my style to conform or my approach to each booking that has come my way.

This isn’t going to be any different.

I say that I’m dangerous enough when I just show up and lace my boots, but unlike the last go around I saw the error of my ways. I say that to say that fast forward I’m making this return with a chip on my shoulder makes me even more dangerous.

CHRIS PAGE: Is that your way of saying that you’re not wanting to come along? It could be fun.

CANDICE WOLF-PAGE: This is going to cost you.

Candice states with sarcasm exuding from her tone while she winks at Chris before taking a drink from her mug. There’s a knock heard coming from the trailer door catching Chris by surprise.

CANDICE WOLF-PAGE: Who's that? You’re not due on set for another hour or so.

Chris walks around the island counter toward the front door where he peers through the peephole. He turns back around toward Candice as he states.

CHRIS PAGE: It’s Mac. I forgot I asked him to pop by.

Candice nods as she gets up from the kitchen table. She walks over to kiss Chris.

CANDICE WOLF-PAGE: I’ll be in the back.

Candice snags her mug of coffee and heads back down the hallway closing the bedroom door behind her. Chris turns back around and Mac knocks on the door a second time. Chris opens the door to see not only his client, his friend, and the current SCW World Heavyweight Champion… Mac Bane.

CHRIS PAGE: Mac!

Chris steps to the side welcoming Mac to come inside which he does as he steps up into the trailer on set.

MAC BANE: Chris.

Mac states as he enters and Chris closes the door behind him. Chris motions for Mac to take a seat in the living area on the loveseat. Mac obliged as he took his seat.

CHRIS PAGE: Do you want some coffee or anything?

MAC BANE: Nah man I’m good.

Chris nods as he takes his coffee mug off the kitchen counter where he takes a seat in a recliner next to the loveseat. He takes a drink of coffee before putting it on a side table next to the recliner itself.

CHRIS PAGE: You ready for tonight, brother?

Natural reference to the Multiplayer Tournament appearance for the two later on tonight.

MAC BANE: I’m always ready to rewrite a few wrongs.

Chris nods.

MAC BANE: But I’m pretty sure you didn’t ask me to come by to talk about Level Up.

CHRIS PAGE: You’d be correct.

I’m sure if anyone has seen the upcoming card for Climax Control then you know that Mac Bane is not only a member of CCPE, not only is he the current SCW World Champion, but he is also dawning the stripes to call this tag team special attraction. The speculation is already in the air about his relationship with me and Kenny. 

CHRIS PAGE: You know as well as I do part of what I want to talk to you about is Climax Control.

Mac settles into the loveseat knowing this conversation was coming, yet not knowing the context is the true mystery.

CHRIS PAGE: Before you jump to any conclusions, I wanted to take a few minutes to go ahead and squash this notion that you are going to be put in some sort of spot having to officiate between me and Ken.

The first thing I want to address with Mac being the referee is how wrong you would be if you think he’s going to show me any favoritism. Mac knows how important it is for me to come back to SCW and put some respect on my name after the last debacle.

CHRIS PAGE: The way I see it is when you are wearing those stripes you are the law and order in the squared circle. You won’t have to worry about me ignoring you or disrespecting the position that you’ve been placed in. I highly doubt Ken would ask for favors either, he’d want you to call it down the middle as well.

Safe to say we can squash any of that nonsense and let this rest between two teams that are going to take center stage to show the world exactly what we’re all made of. All four of us are in the same fucking boat; sure we know of each other, but have we ever teamed? In the case of Benski and me, the answer is no. He’s going to have to trust that I’m going to uphold my end of this deal just like I have to trust him to do the same.

I have no reasons to think Ben is going to sale me out because he strikes me as an honorable man.

CHRIS PAGE: If you have to count my shoulders to the mat… so be it.

Mac finally responds.

MAC BANE: Chris, I appreciate hearing that. I won’t sit here and say that it hasn’t crossed my mind when it comes to the both of you if there will be personal animosity either way. What I can do is look you in your eyes and tell you that I am going to call it down the middle and if anybody steps out of line I’m going to put them back in line.

That’s exactly what I wanted to hear. I don’t want there to be any excuses from Kenny or Goth when the smoke clears and the dust settles to see myself and Ben standing tall with our arms raised in victory. It’s going to suck for Ken because whatever momentum you’re building toward this showdown with Mac is going to come to a screeching halt.

MAC BANE: The good news is it’s all out in the open. You and I know where we stand.

CHRIS PAGE: I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Don’t think I’ve forgotten about you… Goth. You’re kinda a big deal, aren’t ya? For nearly fifteen-twenty years you’ve been busy building your legacy within our profession. I’ve watched you from a distance while carving my path knowing that it was a matter of time before our careers came to an intersecting point.

Guys like you and I are dying breeds, wouldn’t you say?

I’m not going to lie, my interest is piqued when it comes to you. I rarely come across another veteran that I haven’t drawn money with in some form or fashion. I’m thrilled that you are holding on to the Internet Championship; sounds like a lot of stock is put into you at the moment.

CHRIS PAGE: I know we’ve got a lot on our plates within CCPE. The sky is the limit with what we are going to accomplish.

MAC BANE: Goddamn right.

There’s another series of loud knocking heard from the front door taking the attention of both Chris and Mac.

“Chris! They’re ready for you on set!”

Chris responds with an elevated tone.

CHRIS PAGE: JUST A MINUTE!

Chris shifts his attention back toward Mac.

CHRIS PAGE: Listen, this is going to be fine. Did you want to meet me and take the jet to the show tonight in Detroit?

MAC BANE: Of course.

Chris and Mac each stand up and start walking toward the trailer door when they are knocked down by the smell of some dank weed coming from behind the closed door to the bedroom. Mac glances at Chris.

CHRIS PAGE: Candice.

Mac then shouts toward the back.

MAC BANE: BYE CANDICE!

Candice responds with some heavy coughing.

CANDICE WOLF-PAGE: Bye Mac!

CHRIS PAGE: LOVE YA BABE!

CANDICE WOLF-PAGE: LOVE YOU TOO!

Chris turns his attention toward the front door of the trailer. He opens the door to see a production assistant who starts coughing as his nasal passage is infiltrated by some good reefer.

“Smells good.”

Chris is the first out of the trailer as he responds.

CHRIS PAGE: Tastes better.

I’ve made it clear why I accepted the invitation from Christian, and while I’ve had a little bit of fun at the expense of my counterparts but it doesn’t take away from the level of respect I have for not only Ben but for Ken and Goth alike. All of us have a reputation to uphold and all of us are going to be looking for that one moment to score that fateful fall which will mean something different for us all. In the case of Ken, a win here solidifies why he is going to be challenging for the SCW World Heavyweight Championship, for Goth it would mean that his legendary status is still in check, for Ben it serves as a momentum boost as we head into arguably one of the biggest special attractions in recent SCW memory.

… but what about me?

I’m the ultimate wild card within any given situation because I am not cut from the same cloth as my teammate as well as my opponent.

What I’m not going to do is sit here and pretend that I don’t need this. Of the three of us, I think it’s safe to say that I probably need it the most. It’s okay to call a spade a spade because in this instance it’s true. My only other in-ring appearance here didn’t end the way I would have liked. This is the only way to rewrite my Sin City history, and I’ll be damned if I’m not going to show up and deliver in spades.

Goth, of the two of you it’s safe to say you’re my mark.

What better way to make a louder statement than to put away one of the men that carry a grand slam resume? You are no doubt a pillar of SCW, a man that has made the rounds over the years with longevity to match, you’re an unsung hero of the sport with your lineage that might be on the downward trajectory of your career while my stock continues to rise to heights not even I thought was possible at the ripe age of fifty-two years old. I’ve been able to adapt in ways that many people never would have thought of. Not only am I still a force inside the ring, but I’ve also got the world's premiere talent agency with CCPE, I have four podcasts that are all highly successful Smoke Sessions, Down the Rabbit Hole, Cult Radio, and 5BW Radio. I say all of that to say that I’ve not allowed myself to get complacent within my place in the business… I’ve elected to take the business by the skull and fuck it repeatedly.

When I saw your name on the card opposite mine it brought this one-off to a completely different level.

No disrespect to Ken, because he’s a hell of a hand but he doesn’t have the legacy behind him that you do. This is going to mark the first time in our storied careers that our paths will intersect. What you’re going to find out firsthand rests with how you are about to find out exactly why I am the face of professional wrestling.

Speaking of Kenny, how’s life in the UGWC treating you? I wouldn’t know, anyplace that contracts a clown who isn’t welcomed in ninety percent of the organizations on the market; for a good goddamn reason, is enough for me not to want to have any part of that company. I have a had time respecting that even some of my talents compete under that umbrella, but I respect the hell out of you for spreading your wings and leaving that nest even if you’re unreliable when it comes to my shows. What’s fucking crazy when it comes to our history is that it dates back to the Denzel Porter Invitational, right? Mac was leading a team of four into a battle against the XWF, last minute someone drops out and can’t make it. Who stepped in? Who stepped up after going sixty minutes the night before with what many consider the Goat while having what many consider the match of the year? That’s a right cupcake, it was Chris Page.

I showed up then and I’m showing up now.

This time we stand on the opposite side of the ring where we’re each fighting for something that we consider important for completely different reasons. I know the masses are going to want to put Mac in that “what does he do” spot being the referee, I’ve already established that I’ll respect Mac when he has the stripes on… I’d hope you do the same even if it means by his hand your dreams come to a crashing halt. Ken, I have no doubts that you will bring your shit… but I question if it’s going to be good enough, not just for this attraction but for your showdown for the World Title. You aren’t going to have to worry about me any further than Climax Control, because while I’ll have the best seat in the house come to the Pay-Per-View I won’t be getting involved in those affairs because I want to watch Mac successful retain the title with a definitive win as he continues to carry this company on his back throughout 2022.

Both of you boys know the deal.

Neither of you is a rookie.

It’s not your first rodeo.

But it is together.

The same can be said for myself and Ben. We’re going to have to trust each other to handle business. The good news for our side of the equation is I don’t have to worry about if Ben is going to carry his weight, and he sure as shit doesn’t have to worry about if I’m going to hold up mine. I’ll be the first to admit that I’ve got a lot on my plate coming off Level Up, rolling through Climax Control on Friday, and moving on to Matt Knox on Saturday before defending my IIW Tag Titles on Monday, working on three supershows with their promotors, and shooting a feature Splat film in between Just because I’m a busy guy don’t let that fool you. Don’t think for one second I don’t hold this appearance in more high regard because THIS is the ONLY appearance I have anything to prove. It serves as all the motivation I need to take that long flight to India, lace my boots, walk that aisle, and live up to the saying which is simply to outwork the world.

I happen to do that in spades.

When it comes to Mac dawning the stripes it adds layer to the mix. Will he count my shoulders? Will he count Ken’s? Will he be fair and impartial? All the questions on if he’s going to be a factor can be silenced. Mac will call it down the middle just as any official should. Mac doesn’t have to do shit but call for the bell, make the count, and raise the arms of Page and Jordan when the smoke clears and the dust settles. We don’t need him to do anything but call it down the middle. Our skills alone are more than enough to carry us to victory.

Yes, Mac is CCPE through and through.

Yes, Mac and I are teaming elsewhere.

Am I’m going to be pissed if my past haunts me and he has to count down my shoulders? Why would I get mad when he is doing his job? More importantly why would anyone else?

When push comes to shove there’s one direction I’m going…

Up.

It doesn’t matter how you slice this piece of the pie the fans of Sin City Wrestling are guaranteed one hell of an attraction with four rockstars that are going to be looking to steal the goddamn show. This is the moment I’ve been waiting for for months. The invitation was extended, and it has been accepted. Our roads all intersect in India, the only question that’s left to answer is who is leaving with the win versus who is leaving with the loss. I don’t have a magic 8-ball that’s going to tell me what’s going to happen, what I do have is the focus and the drive to show up and show the world exactly why I am simply better than you.