Author Topic: Anything goes...Putting Bea on trial before a Facebook Live with Pussy Willow  (Read 530 times)

Offline Sam Marlowe

• View Profile
    • Samantha Marlowe
A courtroom can be seen, empty for the most part.  In one corner, a woman is seated in front of the court stenographer’s typewriter as she checks it over.  Opposite her is a jury box with images of fans waving their arms, looking like they are yelling and screaming, all captured in silence on large monitors. Suddenly a door opens to reveal a woman, her red hair pulled back conservatively and dressed in a dark suit and skirt with a white blouse.  On her feet is the only real splash of color as a pair of converse hightop heels are laced up to her ankles.

Reaching the prosecutor’s table, the redhead lays a briefcase in front of her, the click of the lock opening fills the silence of the court room.  Across the well of the court at the defense table, cutouts of Bill Barnhart and Bea Barnhart are propped against the chairs.  The redhead pays them no attention as suddenly a voice calls out in the silence.

“All rise…”

The redhead stands and looks towards the door behind the judge’s bench as it opens then the screen of a monitor lights up to show an image of a judge who thanks everyone and invites them to sit.  He turns to appear to talk to the bailiff who speaks up as he puts a file on the bench.

“The case against Bea Barnhart for the charges of lying, being a hypocrite and delusional, your Honor,” says the bailiff who then moves to the side before shooting a smile at the prosecutor who nods and smiles the gets a serious look on her face.

The judge nods himself then appears to be reading the file before looking up at the redhead and raises one eyebrow.  The redhead stands and putting her hands together, she looks over the room and with a smile she speaks out.

“Samantha Marlowe for the prosecution your honor,” she says softly.

A recording can be heard to start, the sound choppy as if put together from a variety of sound bites.  “Bea Barnhart and not guilty!” is heard loudly from the speaker near the Barnhart cutouts.

“We will see about that,” mutters Sam as she opens up a file and begins to speak out loud.  “Your Honor, I am going to prove that Ms Barnhart knowingly lied to the SCW fanverse and then was hypocritical with her speech about herself and talking about Sam Marlowe, SCW bombshell.  You will find that we have evidence of the lies told by Ms Barnhart and we will present it here today.”

The judge appears to nod again so Sam moves out in front of her desk and smiles at the bailiff who appears to be Colton Myers in a uniform.  She looks up at the judge.  “The prosecution calls to the stand, Bea Barnhart,” says Sam as Colton moves to pick up the cutout.  He carries it towards the witness stand but acts as if Bea is fighting him slightly.  He leans her into the stand and then reaches for a SCW rulebook and holds it near the hand of the cutout.

“Do you promise to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?” asks Colton in a semi-serious tone.  The mechanical sound of a recording of Bea Barnhart can be heard to say yes.  He walks away leaving the cutout.  Sam moves across the well to the side of the bench to pull forward a television monitor.  Leaving it where it can be seen, she again moves to her desk and then picks up the file folder and turns to the ‘witness’.

“Ms Barnhart, can you please tell the court who you are,” asks Sam with a smile.

The recording can be heard, the scratchiness of the spliced together comments making it obvious to anyone watching that it was edited together.  “I…am…Bea..Barnhart and I am a bombshell…in Sin…City Wrestling,” is heard.

“Thank you,” says Sam as she looks in the file.  “I want to bring your attention to the night of Climax Control two ninety six.  That night you were backstage when you were approached by Sam Marlowe, SCW bombshell who was showing sympathy for you when you assaulted her with a cup of scalding coffee right out of her hand…”

“That’s a lie…” says the mechanical voice of the cutout.  “I just bumped her and she spilled the coffee on herself!”

Sam’s lip compress slightly as she sighs then moves to lay the folder down on the table and then picks up a remote that she holds up.  “The prosecution would like to enter Exhibit A into the record,” states Sam as she then dramatically points the remote at Bea’s cutout then twists slightly to point it to the television monitor that lights up paused with the image of Bea Barnhart.

“Allow me to set the stage your Honor,” offers Sam as she begins to pace in the well towards the monitor.  “Earlier that night, the defendant was in a triple threat match against Krystal Wolfe and Candy.  She had lost the match and was not too happy at all.  She headed backstage with her husband when she encountered Sam Marlowe backstage…”  Sam stops to take a slow breath before continuing to speak.  “She offered her sympathy then you assaulted her with her own coffee…”

“She lies!” is heard from the cutout drawing the glares from the judge for the interruption and Sam who looks at the cutout in disbelief. 

“Your Honor, let’s go to the evidence…” offers Sam with a finger touch on the remote that brings the monitor to life.  A tag chyron scrolls across the bottom of the image reading ‘Climax 296…backstage…”

Video…

A still upset and angry Bea Barnhart walks through the backstage hallway along with her husband, "Bulldog" Bill. She is fuming, shaking her head in disbelief at the win she had let slip through her fingers earlier when she finds "Little Miss Sunshine" Samantha Marlowe standing in her path with a cup of steaming coffee in her hand. Sam looks sympathetic and she approaches, placing a hand gently on Bea's shoulder.

Samantha: Are you alright...?
Bea stares at her. She looks at the hand on her shoulder, then snatches the coffee from Samantha's hands and THROWS the SCALDING contents in Sammi Marlowe's face! Poor Samantha screams in pain as Bea smiles in grim satisfaction and "Bulldog" quickly leads her away as backstage personnel come running...

Sam then stops the monitor with a click on the remote.  “As you can see your Honor, in spite of all the denials and complaints from Ms Barnhart, we have proof positive that she did in fact throw coffee into the face of Sam Marlowe and for all her arguments to the contrary, you can’t doubt the video.”

The jury box begins to show all the fans nodding as the Bea cutout is leaned up to appear to be rushing to her feet in the witness stand as the garbled recording of her voice screaming that Sam Marlowe was a liar and that she spilled it on herself and that she was innocent.  Behind the bench, the monitor of the judge shows him banging his gavel.  Suddenly, the sounds stop as Sam turns to the judge with a curious look.

“I have heard enough,” says the judge, his voice strangely familiar as Colton Myers, bailiff tries to look innocent. 

“If that is the case your Honor, the prosecution rests,” says Sam as she slams the folder back on her table and then moves behind it.

Colton moves to bring the cutout to the defense desk and leans it into the defendant’s seat.  He moves back to the bench as the judge on the screen turns to look towards the jury box.  “Have you reached a verdict?” he asks.  From the defendant’s table, garbled comments can be heard but no real sense being made in those words. 

“We have your Honor,” says the monitor with the head juror in it.  “We the jury find Bea Barnhart to be a liar.”

At those words, the image of the judge can be seen to once more bang his gavel.  Suddenly, Sam turns and looks into where the viewers would be and begins to speak.

“What you have seen here is a dramatization of some kind of court television drama.  No cutouts were harmed in the previous dramatization.  But that isn’t what is going to happen at Climax Control three hundred,” offers Sam as she crosses her arms over her chest.  “See Bea, at that show it isn’t going to be a court room that I use to prove what a liar and hypocrite you are.  I know what happened when you THREW coffee in my face…”

Sam again plays the video showing Bea snatching the cup from Sam’s hand and throwing it her face.

“How many times are you going to try and rewrite history huh?” Sam demands.  “Given the fact that you have been calling me a liar for how long now because you don’t want to admit that you yourself are the liar.  But that is fine and dandy Bea.  You keep lying to yourself that you weren’t at fault.  That you didn’t do it.  You, me, hellfire, anyone that watched that show knows the truth.  But did you pay for what you did?  Now that you have been convicted here today, let me tell you what you are going to be sentenced to for your delusions.”

Stopping for a moment, Sam uncrosses her arms and grips the table in anger as she fights to keep a smile on her face.  Biting her bottom lip, she even offers a soft chuckle to the camera.

“You are sentenced to be facing me in an anything goes match at Climax Control three hundred.  And when they say that anything goes, that is exactly what you need to fear Bea.  I am known for rising to the occasion when it comes to matches like this.  I know for a fact that you won’t be ready for what I am capable of doing to you in that ring when I have been given the go ahead to do anything I want.  I could come down to that ring with the intent of pinning you to the mat for the one two three.  I could also be ready to force you into very painful positions for a submission win.  Weapons, why not?  No matter what you are thinking of using to scare me, nothing will because there is a reason that I agreed to this match Bea.  I am coming for justice,” states Sam before bringing a hand up to her cheek and softly rubbing her fingertips over it.  “Oh, and I am coming for some payback too.”

With that comment, Sam straightens up and then gathers up her file and briefcase then is joined by Colton as the pair of them leave the courtroom together leaving the mess of cutouts and monitors.  Suddenly, the stenographer stands up and picking up the remote, points it at the camera then presses the button which sends the image to a white dot in the middle of a monitor. 

Pussy Willow can be seen standing outside of a door, her hand raised and slamming against the wood.  Muffled sounds can be heard as she once more pounds on the door.  She looks around when no one opens the door before turning back to it and then raising her fist to slam against it a third time but is surprises as it is yanked open by Sam Marlowe who is framed in the doorway, backing away slightly as the fist of Pussy almost hits her on the bridge of her nose.

“Oh my god Sam, I am so sorry…” stammers Pussy as Sam straightens up and then smiles as she slides to the side to invite Pussy inside. 

The interviewer moves inside as Sam closes the door and mutters something about ‘why was it always the face they aimed for’.  Sam moves in front of Pussy then directs her to a pair of chairs that had been set up for a one-on-one interview.  Pussy sits in one as Sam heads to grab a glass of a liquid then sets it in front of Pussy.  “My gramma’s sweet tea recipe,” she says before grabbing her own glass and sitting across from Pussy.

The interviewer looks at Sam and then she brings out a recorder and sets it on the small table between the pair.  “I didn’t bring a cameraman so we are limited to just audio.”

Sam shakes her head and then opens up a laptop and types in a few keystrokes then places it in front of the pair of them on another table.  Ahead of them a webcam begins filming which has Pussy laughing.  “I should have known,” she jokes before getting serious and speaks again.

Facebook live…

“I am here with Sam Marlowe who at Climax Control three hundred will be facing Bea Barnhart in an anything goes match.  So, Sam, why an anything goes match?” asks Pussy.

Sam smiles at the interviewer then turns to the webcam as if speaking directly to Bea herself.  “Anything goes means that I don’t have to worry about what will happen in the ring.  You see, this type of match is perfect for Bea with her husband coming to the ring with her.  I suspect that she will use whatever advantage she can when it comes to this match and if that means Bill Barnhart getting involved, then you know he is going to regret doing that.  I know everyone knows that the men and women in this company can’t touch the other.  So, I dare Bill to get involved.  And if he does, then we will know that Bea is nothing without her husband.”

“I am sure he won’t get involved but I do have to tell you about a meet and greet that Bea had…” begins Pussy only to have Sam hold up a hand and shake her head.  “Don’t you want to know what she said about you Sam?”

“Let me see if I can guess Pussy…” muses Sam as she brings up a hand and then uses the index of her right hand to begin counting off her guesses.  “First, she probably talked about how I threw coffee into my own face…”

“Yes, that was one of the comments,” answers Pussy.

“You know what Pussy, I wish I didn’t have to keep saying it but denial is not just a river in Egypt you know.  She keeps talking about how I am lying when she is the one that couldn’t tell the truth to save herself from a beating.  I mean really, saying that she was innocent…how hypocritical considering that she claims I am the one lying.  But that is all good, let her delusions let her sleep at night.  Everyone knows the truth.  Besides, if she needs that to give her confidence…well, let’s give her the dream of it for the next few days.”

Sam smiles again as Pussy looks confused.  “What do you mean Sam about letting her have the dream of it for the next few days?  Are you saying that her thinking that she will be winning this match is a dream?” asks a doubtful Pussy.

“Of course, I am saying it is a dream Pussy,” begins Sam.  “Bea Barnhart has built up the delusion that she is going to be able to prevail in this match and because of that it is going to be doubly hard for her on Sunday.  At Climax Control, she is going to have her dreams dashed and her delusions beaten out of her.  She can talk a big game when it comes to being in that ring and yeah, she has had some interesting wins and losses in her career but in this match, she is going up against someone that has the ability to take a match stipulation and use it to my advantage.”

Reaching for her sweet tea, Sam brings it to her lips and sips at it slowly.  Pussy still looks confused which has Sam chuckling softly in sympathy.  “Sam, what are you talking about…advantage?  Doesn’t a match like this take away any advantage because it is anything goes?”

“Most people would think so Pussy but when it comes to this match, the anything goes will give me the opportunity to deal with Bea however I like.  I could come to the ring with the intention of fighting a opponent who I respect and leave everything in the ring.”  Sam stops for a moment then after letting a slow breath escape her, she continues.  “Given the fact that Bea doesn’t respect me and from everything I have heard and seen, she is saying in effect that I don’t deserve respect.  And I am thinking that she doesn’t respect me and I have to live with that.  Which means she is not going to be coming to the ring for a fair fight.  Which means I have to be ready for anything don’t I?”  muses Sam.

Pussy nods slowly as she thinks about what she is about to ask only to have Sam speak again.

“So, I will come out for ready for a fight.  And between you and me Pussy, I know it is going to be a fight.   Bea is the type to spit venom and then try to back it up in the ring.  And she is the type to use whatever she can to get the win and so I am going to be ready for anything.  I hope though that she has done some studying of her opponent in this match.  As a storied Bombshell Roulette title holder, anything goes is just right up my alley.  Can she imagine what I could be capable of when I am allowed to use anything in a match.  Hmmm…maybe I should bring myself something to drink for that match…”

Pussy looks surprised.  “You are going to bring hot coffee to the ring?”

“No, I wouldn’t give her that advantage,” replies Sam as she leans back into the chair and sets her elbows on the arms of it and steeples her fingers to tap them lightly against her lips.  “I would however want to send a message to Bea while I have the chance Pussy.  So if you don’t mind…”

Sam smiles at her friend then faces the camera full on.  She leans forward, her fingers laced together as she begins to speak. 

“Bea, I have heard everything you have had to say and I want you to know that I have a couple of things to say too.  First of all, I want to define something for you.  Merriam Webster defines hypocrite as a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue.  You accuse me of everything you are, which means that you are a hypocrite with every word you have uttered when it came to me.  And as much as you think it is going to get me off my game, I am sorry to say that all it is doing is making me more determined and more confident that in this anything goes match, you are not going to win.  Sure, you may be able to get a few licks in and trust me, given the fact that you are an SCW bombshell, you have the skills.  But let me remind you of one fact…I am also an SCW Bombshell…I have held SCW bombshell titles and I hold a lot of records in the Bombshell roulette title history.  All of this adds up to the fact that you won’t have an easy night of it trying to beat me.  As a matter of fact, you won’t be able to beat me!”

Pussy leans back, sipping at the sweet tea as Sam talks.  She leans forward again about to speak but Sam begins once more.

“Bea, I want you to know that I am going to come to the ring and with this anything goes match, I am going to throw everything at you and I won’t stop until you are flat on your back looking up at the ringlights.  You are going to have nowhere to run and nowhere to hide come Sunday.  That isn’t a threat either Bea, it is a promise.  And I always keep my promises…”

“And cut!” exclaims Pussy as she leans forward and taps at the laptop to pause the webcam and ends the Facebook live with Sam Marlowe.  She turns to the redhead with a goofy grin.  “You sound ready to kick some butt Sam and I for one can’t wait.”

Sam smiles back as she tosses her head.  “You aren’t the only one Pussy,” replies Sam who then stands and looks at the glass of her friend.  “Ready for a refill?” she offers as Pussy nods and also rises to her feet.  The pair head towards the kitchen leaving the webcam on pause as they disappear through the doorway.