Author Topic: Blaque Hart Bruce Evans  (Read 406 times)

Offline Bo Dreamwolf

• View Profile
    • Bo Dreamwolf
Blaque Hart Bruce Evans
« on: August 31, 2012, 06:26:56 PM »
 Before anything else, I am sincerely hoping that we can refrain from any of the typical Indian in India jokes, if you would be so kind? For one, I'm not Indian. I'm Native American, and have been proud to be so since the day I was born.

I have to admit I was looking forward to this tour of Asia that Sin City Wrestling had embarked upon. I didn't get booked for Thailand last week, but that's okay. A couple of years ago, I had been booked on a one week, three show tour of the nation and the scenery was nothing short of breath taking. I would have enjoyed visiting again with a little more wiggle room for sigh seeing, but as I had been there once, I had no room for complaint. It gave me precious little time to spend at home with my family until it was time once again to take off overseas. With promises, of course, for presents for the ladies in my life for when I returned home.

However I had not been lucky enough as of yet to get to see India in person so I am both pleased and grateful to have gotten booked on this particular show. Blaque Hart Bruce Evans is a skilled competitor, bar none, and I believe he and I will give the fans a real treat once it's our time inside of the ring. The rest of the tour, both China as well as a potential return to Japan, are intriguing thoughts. But for now, I intend to enjoy India as much as possible.

I can't even begin to tell you all how much my sister and Grandmother pestered me to remind me to make certain to have enough batteries for my camera to take as many pictures as possible of these sights in India. New Delhi is one place both ladies can agree on that they wished to be able to see. So experiencing it vicariously through my camera would have to suffice. I know enough how much of a tourist I must resemble. No real sense in denying it. I might as well kick back and enjoy it until Sunday looms its ugly head.

The one good thing about these tour stops is there is only one show per week, which gives all of us who are working for the SCW plenty of time to enjoy the sights before each show should we be lucky enough to arrive early. Of course we have the obligatory fan meets and autograph signings, interviews and some of us with special TV appearances. Those are to be expected, and not something to be taken for granted. If we want to succeed and get our names out there, it won't happen by sitting in our hotel rooms or running our butts off, seeing the sights.

As Mister Ward and Mister Underwood both said before this tour first started; It's a working holiday.

I had to admit to myself a hint of surprise that many of these New Delhi fans of professional wrestling knew who I was. India doesn't exactly have the market of the sport, but news travels fast with the internet and television so the arrival of Sin City Wrestling was met with much excitement.

Today is the first day of my arrival, a Wednesday, and I had no chance to really get settled in or to see any sights. It was a pleasant room that I walked into at the hotel. Small, but comfortable. I didn't need much, really. I really didn't plan to be here any more than necessary. I wanted to make the most of my time here, so all I needed really was a place to sleep and refresh myself. Unfortunately I didn't even have time to do that.

No sooner did I set my bags down in my room than my hotel room phone rang. I crossed over and picked it up, and felt a curious frown on my brow as I answered, "Hello?"

"Blimey, Bo! I was wondering when the bloody hell you'd finally get your arse into town!"

Of course. Mister Ward. Even without the British slang I'd know the voice anywhere. I brushed my fingers back through my hair and could feel the grit. I needed a shower and a good wash after that plane ride.

"Well you didn't tell me I had to be here any sooner." I said, perhaps a bit more defensively than I probably should have. I guess being tired doesn't work too well for me. "Is something wrong?"

"No, nothing wrong. Well, `cept for the `tude." I could hear the humor in his voice but it didn't stop me from regretting how I spoke so quickly and frankly. "Someone needs a nap!"

"That would be nice." I said, admitting to both him and myself I was about ready to crash. "With any luck I'll be doing so after a quick shower here in a minute."

"Er... I know you'll hate me for saying this but that's going to have to wait, mate."

"Huh?"

Mister Ward elaborated on his end, "It's the reason why I'm calling."

"You mean besides to show concern for where I was?" I quipped. "You're as bad as my Grams."

"Careful ya smart arse." He replied with a laugh in his voice if not outright. "I got her number. bring her name into this and it's open season!"

"Oh fair enough." I protested humbly. "You win. But you cheat."

"I know." He admitted. "But that's why I win."

I set the hotel room's phone back on the bedside table and sat down, and almost immediately wished I hadn't. It was incredibly comfortable and made me wish I could just forget about the rest of the day and sleep sleep sleep. But it would appear duty called.

I asked, "So, what's up?"

He answered, "We have a bit of a meet and greet set up by the India Gate. It's a big deal and we could use one more to be there if you'd be so kind."

I groaned and said, "Playing on my good upbringing and manners is not playing fair, Mister Ward."

"Of course it's not." He said. "That's another reason why I win. Plus we set it up there so you guys and gals could get in the sight. It's a big deal for New Delhi, the India Gate. Bring your camera."

"Alright. What time?"

"I'll have a cab sent over within the hour. Time enough for you to get changed and prettied up."

"I think I'm pretty enough as it is."

"Alright, now enough's enough." Mister Ward laughed. "My ego must be rubbing off on you. See you then."

"Bye." I said as I hung the phone up and fell to my back on the bed and heard myself sighing with exhausted pleasure. I imagined that I could have said no or at the very least, asked for this day off because of this jet lag, but I never seemed to be able to do such a thing. It's all part of the job.

Slowly I sat up and started to unbutton my shirt so I could jump in the shower. It was time to get to work.

I wish that I had told Mister Ward that I would have found my own way over to the India Gate. On the way over in the cab I watched a trolley go by and I had an immediate desire to hop on the thing and just go wherever it might take me. Luckily I still had plenty of time after today to so just that. I have never ridden a trolley before, and one can never be too young to indulge in a whim. But I was here now and I had to admit I was pleased to not having passed this up.

The India Gate was a marvel to behold.

\'user

It is the national monument of the nation of India, and commemorates the 90,000 soldiers of the Indian Army who lost their lives while fighting in World War I and the Third Anglo-Afghan War. It is inspiring to say the very least, and I felt the perfect place for those of us in the SCW to meet the people of this proud country. As it turned out, the event was being held here as the sun started to go down in the sky and overhead we were blanketed in colorful hues while the stars started to peek out from overhead. The lawns of the great Gate were filled with fans who were lining up along the tables erected for the SCW stars in attendance.

I cast my eyes down the table during the beginning and recognized a good many men and women seated side by side, signing the pieces of paper and 8x10 photographs that were being handed out for free. The Seven Deadly Sins were there, as was Jordan Williams. Odette Ryder and the rest of the NXT team were gathered together. I even saw a few who were not booked to compete on this show, but were arranged to be here for promotional purposes -- the Party Girls for example. It just went to show how seriously SCW was taking this tour, to spend the money for their stars to appear for the fans even if they were not to be in the ring this coming Sunday.

"Bo Dreamwolf."

I looked up from signing a photograph passed to me and found a small family standing in front of me. A young mother and father and two even younger, small boys. The parents wore warm smiles on their faces but the two boys, whom I assumed to be their sons, seemed positively ready to fire off into orbit. They had that glistening light in their eyes, matching he bright smiles on their faces that I believe is one reason why many of us begin our foray into the wrestling business to begin with. It never gets old seeing children that excited to lay eyes on you and meet you face to face, as if you were some sort of living, breathing superhero.

"Hey there." I said, looking from one of the boys to the next. "How are you doing?"

I offered my hand over to them and both boys eagerly grasped it, one at a time and gave it a hearty shake. They looked to their parents and eagerly awaited with smiles as the dad asked me if I would mind standing with the boys for a photograph.

Oh Lord. As tired as I've been, I can only imagine I look like proverbial Hell for photographs, but it was not something I could outright deny. Well I could, but I wouldn't.

"Of course." I said and I stood up and slid through the small area between the tables until I was standing in front where the fans stood gathered. I placed my hands on both boys' s shoulders and gently guided them so that each was standing on one side of me. I slowly kneeled down between them and they put their small hands on my shoulders and waved to the camera their father was holding and I gave it a 'thumbs up' with a smile of my own.

Once the flash went off, both boys made this happy 'whooping' noise and ran to rejoin their father and mother who both thanked me profusely. I made certain they knew that no thanks were needed, and I proceeded to thank them. I held up a forefinger to give them pause and grabbed two of my 8x10's. I signed my name to both along with a little personal message for each boy and passed them over.

You'd think I had just handed them a handful of gold, the way their faces lit up. The father shook my hand and they moved down to the next superstar at my side. I made my way back behind the table and sat down as more fans lined up before me.

No, I never really got tired of this.

"I can't say that I am disappointed to find myself in the ring once again with Blaque Hart Bruce Evans. As anyone out there would know, this isn't the first time he and I have met inside of the ring. We have a bit of a past I guess you could say, and I am not ashamed to tell you that he is a competitor that I have come to respect inside of the ring. For all of his, I guess you could call say 'personality defects', he is a skilled wrestler and one of whom could dethrone any champion in the SCW. The only flaw he has, I guess you might say, is his ego of which he has quite a large one."

"I was proud when a wrestling newsletter spoke about our past match and gave it such a rave review. Four stars it rated us out of five. Quite an accomplishment when that same newsletter did not give some main event matches the very same. I could only imagine what Blaque Hart and myself would be capable of if there were championship gold on the line between us. But there's not. It's just him and me, and the only thing on the line is our win-loss records and pride."

"No gold on the line, but I can assure everyone that he and I both have the same in our sights. I can't speak for him, but I have never lost sight of the accomplishment that has thus far eluded me, and that's the SCW Heavyweight Championship. I have no excuses for my past trail of unsuccessful attempts at that title belt. The other men at the time were simply the better men. But I have to admit I grow tired of people who say that I have either lost the drive or desire to get what needs done, done. I have heard some say that I just am not trying as hard as I could."

"If that's what they want to believe, then fine. Let them. I know my desire for this business, and what I want to get done in it. I have sat back for long enough while others have stepped past me and taken something that I long to have around my own waist. If they want to believe that I'm not capable of getting the job done, or that my heart is not as into it as it once was, fine. I have no qualms at showing them just how very wrong they are."

"Blaque Hart Bruce Evans will simply be the first in a long line to learn this lesson the hard way."

>
The path you take will lead you toward your goal.