Author Topic: Jon Dough vs Equinox  (Read 295 times)

Offline Wong Fai Hung

• A Shaolin Monk
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
Jon Dough vs Equinox
« on: June 23, 2018, 12:02:00 AM »
 Off Camera
Saturday, May 19th, 2018 3:00 PM
Foshan, China

The sky is clear, little to no wind on a nice comfortable day. Blasted Monk is his mother Lin Ting Lu are seen on the rooftop by the helipad as they await for Matt’s wife.

They make small talk about how Matt Spears must be feeling and how Monk’s mom was against this whole thing from when she found out what was going on. They talk as they wait just 3 minutes before they can start to hear a  approaching.

They look up and see the chopper at a distance.

Master Lilly: This troubles me son, I should have known about this since day one.

Blasted Monk: Many things go on in the dojo that you wish not to know of mother.

Master Lilly: Master Wong knows he was wrong. This may be his dojo and he will do things I may not know about or approve but this, this son, this was something that should not had stayed hidden from me. I’m a bit disappointed that those who knew about this since the beginning had kept this from me but I understand stand you were all following Master Wong’s orders.  

Blasted Monk: At first I had assumed you were aware as I was aware and helped when needed. When I was told you were not to know I had no choice and was worried you would find out by someone else as no matter how you would have found it, I would have been blamed.

Master Lilly: I don’t blame you or any of the students. This is an issue between Master Wong and myself.

The to start walking closer towards the helipad has the helicopter now hovers over them as it descends down to land smoothly on to the roof. Blasted Monk and Master Lilly wait about a minute before the door opens up to let Sadie Spears out of the chopper.

Master Lilly: Welcome Sadie, it is wonderful to see you again.

Sadie puts on a fake smile as she nods at Lin Ting Lu and bows out of respect.

Sadie: Thank you.

Blasted Monk: Hello Sadie.

Sadie: Mister Monk.

Master Lilly: Well show we, Blasted Monk will get your belongings.

The two ladies walk away from the helicopter as they make there way towards the doors to enter the building.

Master Lilly: I know this must be hard for you to deal with right now.

Sadie: Meh.

Master Lilly: Meh?

The two walk in the building and take a set of stairs going down two floors. They continue to make small talk as they walk down the stairs.

Sadie: It is certainly not what I would have expected from this outcome, but I am holding up surprisingly well. I can understand how it may be hard from someone to do with but since I seem to not remember anything, I am indifferent about the whole thing.

Master Lilly: I see.

Sadie: Everything has been explained to me so while I am fully aware of what is going on, I have no memory of any of it so I have no emotion about this situation, which I certainly had not expected.

Master Lilly: I completely understand Mrs. Spears.

Sadie: Meh, you can just call me Sadie.

They reach the the second floor of the dojo and walk down a hallway.

Master Lilly: Well for what it's worth, Matt will be happy to see you, but he has not been in a good mood after finding everything out.

Sadie: That is understandable, how should one feel about a place that made you feel like family only to find out that they have had his real family in protective custody. He likely feels betrayed. I probably would as well if I could feel anything.

Master Lilly: I am not a fan on how Master Wong decided to handle this  situation and he is well aware of that which is probably why he decided to not inform me about any of this until just recently. I knew something was up but I had no idea it was to this extreme. All of these meetings an which involves certain students and which I was not included on gave me the impression that these were certain jobs that he knows I care not to be an evolved then but something like this and for it to go on for the years it it did, to put it as friendly as I can, I am not a happy camper.

Sadie nods her head and listens as her eyes wander around, and for a moment, they almost seem curious. She lowers her eyes, trying to remain patient.

Sadie: I don't think that anyone has been happy in any of this. I can't imagine I was either. But I have to believe that everything that happened, was done to protect as many people as possible, no matter whose feelings were hurt in the process.

Master Lilly and Sadie come to a stop in front of a door. Sadie nods her head, forcing the half smile back onto her face in an effort to try to fool Master Lilly.

Master Lilly: Well, we are here, your husband Matt is just on the other side of that door. Do you need a few minutes before you two meet?

Sadie: No but what I am requesting is that you allow the two of us to speak in private. This could get a bit awkward and it will probably be best if the two of us were alone 2/8 degrees as I'm sure somebody will be watching us as I could only assume there is a camera in the room.

Master Lilly: What makes you sure of that?

Sadie: While I may have lost my memory of everything for some reason I can tell you that we've took exactly 737 steps since entering this building and I have spotted 7 cameras between the doors that lead into the building from the roof to this very location.

Master Lilly: Oh my, you and Matt are exactly the same. Yes there is a camera in the room and yes I do have someone Monitoring them at all times. However I will inform those in the room to leave to allow the two of you to discuss what you wish to discuss alone. I will remove the person I have monitoring the cameras and exchanged I and only I will be standing right here outside the room so if either one of you two need anything all you have to do is call my name and I will enter the room until then the two of you will have all the privacy you need and can take all the time two of you will need.  

Sadie: I’m sure Matt will be fine with that as I think it is for the best.

Master Lilly: Okay, wait here or me as I walk in and get everybody out.

Master Lilly cracks the door open and walks in as Sadie just looks around with her back to the door. A few seconds go by and Song, Master Wong, Ninja, A female ninja in which Sadie has had the most interaction with and three low rank students leave the room.

Master Wong: Welcome back Sadie Spears. I will be in my office, if you need anything at all please let me know.

Master Lilly comes back out.

Master Lilly: Sadie, when you are ready.

Sadie nods in a slight bow at Master Wong hen turns to Lin Ting Lu.

Sadie: Thank you.

Master Lilly holds the door open for Sadie as she walks in the room. Master Lilly slowly and quietly closes the door behind her and sits in a chair outside the room as if she was on guard duty.

Sadie doesn't say anything at first as she just watches Matt who has his back turned to her. She observes him for a few moments as she watches Matt staring at a picture frame.

Part of Sadie wants to call his name to get this over with while the other part of her is gathering all of the information she can gather given the circumstances as she watches him looking at his demeanor to help evaluate the situation.

Matt however is aware someone is in the room and can even feel a presence but still has a hard time believing that Sadie is alive. Matt stares at a picture of the two of them together and is waiting to hear her voice for the first time in over 6 years. Matt wants all of this to be true who parted and feels like it can be one cruel joke.

After two minutes Sadie finally says something.

Sadie: Hello Matt Spears.

Matt drops the picture frame in total shock as he can tell his wife voice even after 6 plus years of not speaking to her. Lucky for Matt the picture frame hits his feet so the contact with his shoes helps break to not crack or damage the picture or the frame in any way.

Sadie: Would you rather play catch with your foot or turn around so we can talk?

Matt bends down to pick up the picture frame. Matt is aware that she has since lost her memory and was informed of what happened but not in full detail. As much as Matt wants to turn around and run to his wife and give her a hug and a kiss after being separated for so long knows that he cannot just do that given that she may not feel the same way for him given the circumstances.

Matt decides he will turn around and at least go to her and give her a hug. Maybe just maybe in a strange way his touch may bring a memory or two back in his eyes it doesn't hurt to try.

Matt takes a deep breath and turns around. As Matt sees Sadie for the first time n person in over six years he begins to break down. Part of Matt is happy and over joyed while the other half is saddened by the fact that Sadie looks at Matt as if she has never seen him before.

Matt: Hello Sadie.

Matt says unsure what to do. He knows what he wants to do but is unsure what to actually do.

Sadie: I been told that it’s been over six years since we last saw each other, and all you can say to your wife is “Hello”?

Matt puts the picture frame down and goes to Sadie to hug her. Matt would love to give her a kiss but does not want to over do it seeing as she is just patting Matt on the back in a way someone does when they are forced to be in a hug.

Sadie: You are a strong hugger. It is likely why we made ideal mates. I am seeing it now. And you're still hugging me because we are both feeling it.

Sadie continues to pat Matt on the back as she gently nuzzles the side of his head out of pure necessity before pulling her face away from his ear. She gently pulls away from the hug. Matt looks concerned when he notices that she looks slightly uncomfortable. She is quick to pat his shoulder in reassurance.

Sadie: Please don't take this personally. It definitely isn't. I'm just trying to process. So much. All at once. Apparently I have something wrong with my brain, which is only making this ten times harder.

Matt: Oh yes. Of course. I don't know if it would help to just sit down and talk, or look at pictures.

Sadie: It is very possible. I'm willing to try anything at this point.

Matt Walks with Sadie towards the center of the room were a round table and chairs are the table are placed. Matt pulls a chair out for Sadie to take a seat.

Matt: Excuse me a second please.

Matt goes to the door and opens it. Lin Ting Lu gets up from her sit looking at Matt.

Matt: Can you get someone to o to my room and get a box I have labeled pictures for me please?

Master Lilly: Yes of course.

Matt: Thanks.

Matt closes the door and heads towards the table to sit next to his wife.

Matt: How was your flight to China?

Matt: No Jet lag?

Matt: You okay?

Matt: Sadie, talk to me.

Sadie then turns to look at the door. 3 seconds laters they hear a knock at that door. Matt gets up from his chair, he takes a deep breath as he walks to the door. Matt opens the door to see a low rank student holding a shoebox size of a box.

Matt: Thank you.

Matt closes the door as Sadie looks down at the picture Matt had been looking at before she entered the room.

Jon Dough: Look Matt, don’t react, don’t say anything, just listen. You haven’t seen her in a long time and your sitting there asking questions like you saw her yesterday.

Matt walks over to the table. Sadie puts the picture down showing no emotion on her face. Matt takes a sit.

Matt: I have a few things here, from pictures to different memorabilia from things we've done together.

Sadie: We looked happy in that picture there. I’m sure I will see more of the same.

Matt: Hey, we can look at this later,how about we go for a walk and enjoy the outside for a bit?

Sadie: I suppose as we are only here for two days.

Matt: We?

Sadie: Well are you telling me you don’t plan on going home with your wife?

Matt: You have this look like you don’t want to be bothered, I understand why as I was in your shoes to a degree. Of course I will go home but I was not going to just assume you wanted that.

Sadie: I don’t believe this is some big joke. While I may seem indifferent part of me would not want my memory to come back and it is to late. I guess I will go along with this.

Matt nods as he understands but still hurts deep down inside. The walk outside is something needed for the two of them so he gets up from his chair. Sadie does the same letting Matt lead the way to the door.

They leave the room and see Master Lilly sitting in a chair next to the door.

Master Lilly: Everything okay?

Matt: Yes, we're just going outside for a walk around the dojo. We’ll be back before dinner.

Master Lilly: Take your time, Song is making you two a special dish after she helps the chefs with dinner for the students.

Matt and Sadie start walking down the hallway. They don’t say anything to each other, the takes the two sets of stairs to get to the main floor.

They go through a side door to step outside where a path can be be seen a few feet away that leads to a small body of water with lily pads for there family of frogs.

The two take the path and walk about 1,000 yards before coming to a stop. Sadie looks on and sees two frogs and a family of ducks in the the body of water. Sadie gets next to Matt and places his left arm around her shoulder as the two look across the water where we see mountains covering the entire other side.  

Sadie: So, I lost my memory but I know how far we walked, how many steps, how many saw us leave and how I can really hurt you 7 different ways in this position with you having no time to react.

They told me the whole ordeal but I think it’s time I hear it from my husband. Why were you in Norway? why do I know what I know? Why are you not nerves knowing I can kill you in a second?

Matt: You know what you know because of who you are Sadie. We both work for the NATO Special Forces. We met in the summer between freshman and sophomore year of highschool.

Freshman year you and I had signed up to join the US Marines under the split options. After freshman year was over, the two of us had met at boot camp for the marine core. When the summer was over you went back to Cali and I went back to Chicago. We visit each other on the holidays during sophomore year of high school.

After the school year ended we went back to boot camp and we became a couple. We spent most of junior year of high school on the phone talking to each other while visiting on holidays.

Then after Junior year we did the last part of boot camp. I moved to out west to be with you as I transferred schools senior year. After school we went straight to active duty already in our three years in the Marines from are 8 year contract.

Two years later we got married, a year later we had our daughter Jessica. Which we will get to later. On the last year of the contract we were approached by NATO about a new secret unit not known about by many of the nations.

Sadie: So I’m a beautiful wife, a great parent and a badass no one wants to fuck with?

Matt: We both are.

Sadie: That makes a bit of sense. Why did you wait until we were so far away from everyone to tell me this if they know everything?

Matt: Because they don’t know you and I are special forces for NATO.

Sadie: I see, so this stays between us?

Matt: Yes, it is for the best.

Sadie: Well you are my husband so I will stick by your side.  I have to believe that there was a reason we became so close, so fast, and why we married and had a child. I would be remissed if I said that I wasn't going to take all of that into consideration. I have to believe that there was more to it than a handsome face with a bright and yet dangerous smile. The way your eyes lit up when you saw me.

Sadie looks down at the ducks and watches the family swim off together in search of good. The mother looks back at her for a second, staring at her.

Sadie: I was told that you heard about my head injury. I'm not sure if you heard all of it. I sustained damage to my amygdala, the part of the brain that controls memory, but also sends signals to the limbic system which controls emotional reaction. There is a good chance that it will repair itself over time, but there are no guarantees. I don't process emotion and therefore I don't feel them. Technically, I am the most sane psychopath you will ever meet, so that's something right?

Matt: Well that is definitely something. It's funny how different you are, but how your sense of humor and your mannerisms are almost exactly the same. The same person is in there that I fell in love with. We just have to work on getting her out.

Sadie: With surgery, I hope.

Matt laughs, even while Sadie doesn't. She just stares at him, studying the way a strand of hair blows in the wind in time with the fluttering of his eyelids. She feels what is almost like a smile creeping over her face.

Matt: It took me a bit over a year for my memory to come back. It was not a pleasurable way on how I got my memory back but I did eventually get it and I know the same what happened to you, it is just a matter of time. The fact that you are willing to take all of this with an open mind is all I can ask for and hopefully together we can overcome this and everything that will come with it.

Sadie: I’m sure one day it will all make sense to me again.

A horn goes off from the dojo that can be heard slightly by the two of them

Sadie: What was that?

Matt: It means it’s dinner time for the students.

Sadie: Should we get going?

Matt: They have a dinner set aside for us two. I’m sure t is being ready as we speak right now.

Sadie: That is good timing then as I would like to freshen up a bit, I had a long light here.

Matt: Sure thing we can go ahead and head back right now.

Matt and Sadie turn to walk the path back to the dojo. They take their time as they walk slowly making small talk about the dojo itself.

A few hours past as the two finish their dinner and are now preparing to call it a night. Matt knows this must be a bit strange for his wife as one can only imagine how comfortable or lack of one can be knowing they will be sharing a bed with someone they do not even remember.

With Sadie getting sleep on the plane ride to China decides she like to stay up for a bit. Of course I can’t get any sleep at this time right now either as for Matt this a day day he never thought he would get again. Matt is doing what he can to take it all in without forcing anything or do anything to confuse or screw up the current situation.

As all the lights go out at the dojo Matt turns two candles to give the two enough light in the room. Matt and Sadie look at all the different pictures and memorabilia from the shoe box that was giving to Matt earlier where Sadie first arrived.

They one photo that Sadie keeps going back too is one of her, Matt and there daughter Jessica. Sadie keeps her emotionless face but on the inside has a slight bit of happiness as she sees a smile on her face in the photo. She sees the smiles on Matt face and Jessica’s. To Sadie she sees that given what they do for a living they had a loving marriage.

The very next day the two of them decide to stay confide to the bedroom for most of the day as they continue 2 have conversation of their past. The conversations seem to be very therapeutic for the two of them.

As different subjects just discussed and topics keep popping back up to help tell stories of other topics, Sadie brings up wrestling.

Sadie: So, I was told you have a wrestling match coming up. We spent the past 25 hours talking and leave in less than 9 hours to fly back home. I’m surprised you have yet to mention your current work.

Matt: given the circumstances the last thing on my mind is wrestling. I'm more concerned about you, Jessica, me, our life together what it was and what we can try to make it be once it's all said and done.

Since you asked, I do have a match coming up for the SCW Roulette title I had previous lost last week. A triple threat match that puts me against the man who took the title from me and one of the top contenders who is not happy with how I became the champion so he has made it clear that he and I shall face off one on one, title or no title. So all in all I guess wrestling wise I've been keeping myself busy.

Sadie: I too have a match coming up for a company, nothing special, something for me to do really as I try to live my life.

Matt: funny given the circumstances I was in many years ago, that is how I approached going to wrestling after the idea was pitched by those here in the dojo.

The two of them stay in the room for the remainder of the day trying to catch up as much as possible.

Three days later.

Los Angeles, California
Spears Residence
May 27 2018 12 hours before Into The Void VII

We see Matt alone in the living room with a luggage bag in his hand. Sadie not feeling well decides to stay behind as Matt goes to catch a flight. While Matt was hoping his wife will be there to watch him perform in the triple threat match, Matt will have to settle for hopefully bringing the title back home and watch a replay of the match with her and hopes that she likes to match. As Matt opens the door to leave the house he notices a open spot on the mantle with a note that says “Roulette title goes here, now make it happen!”

Matt can't help but smile as he closes the door and heads out to the drive way were Song is waiting for him so they can head to the hanger to get to Master Wong’s jet. Matt gets in the car and gets hits with questions before he can close the door.

Song: so how has the pass weak been for you?

Matt: Not everything is peachy, but there is absolutely nothing to complain about, I couldn't ask for anything else.

Song: That’s good. Why is she not coming with? Don’t want to show her how much you suck! [/COLOR]

Song says as she sticks her tongue out at Matt in a playful manner.

Matt: Tried, a bit sore from her match last Wednesday. She asked if I can fly back tonight.

Song: That works perfect for me as I got a meeting to go to in the morning. I’d like to watch the whole show but I know how much were hated. [/COLOR]

Matt cuts her off.

Matt: can stay o the end, I’m sure we can find somewhere we can watch the show without being bothered, s soon as the bell that ends the main event goes off we just take off and beat the traffic.

Song: Sounds like a plan to me.

After the show Into The Void VII

Song and Matt head to the rental car to drive to the next town well the jet sits in a local municipal airport.

Song: Well that turned out to be a great show.

Jon Dough:  yeah I guess but name me want that show they have done in which you were there trying to sell some RC products?

Song:  you already know fat neither one of us are want to by someone who was influential in the company. Just wait until he is done playing games with you as you will be without a job shortly after. Right now he's just trying to do whatever he can to get you to quit. Sure you just want back your roulette title but we both know it will not last long. We both know this is just the way for him to put you in matches so you can easily get hurt for his own amusement. But for now you want, and a win is a win so congratulations on being a two-time roulette champion.

Jon Dough: I have said it before and I will say it again, I'm just here to do a job. I get paid the same regardless if I win or lose so is no sweat off my back if he gets his jolly off trying to Mess with me and anyway. I just think it's funny how this dips*** wants to go about it.

Song: Well eventually you're going to grow tired of it.

Jon Dough: I highly doubt it as this is something that has been going on for far too long for me to ever have cared I get paid that's all that matters. I mean at the end of the day I'm just a voice and a man's body and Matt right now it's definitely not focused on wrestling as you can clearly understand why.

Song: Okay well let's just hurry up and head to this hanger before we get there too late and they're closed.

Jon Dough: Your driving, you get us there.

May 28th 2018 12:20am
Los Angeles, California
Spears Residence

Matt arrives home and sees his wife waiting for him in the dining room. A candle lit on the table with a plate of food from the five star restaurant down the end of the block called McDonalds.

Matt: McDonald's?

Sadie: Meh, I figured you be hungry.

Matt: I am, just shocked is all, like you this is new to me once again.

Sadie gets up from her seat and gives Matt a gentle hug.

Sadie: I’ll take your bag, just relax.

Sadie takes his luggage bag and takes it to the spare room which is just down the hallway. Sadie comes back and takes his small duffle bag. She opens it up and removes the Roulette title.

Sadie: I seen the match,Jon Dough got the job done, good for him.

Sadie walks over to the living room and places the title On the mantle where she had made space for it.The spend the next two weeks taking things one day at a time. During the time Sadie is still in the same state of mind as Matt seems to have gotten worse.

17th June 2018 day of SCW CC 2017

Jon Dough is set to take on Kristopher Ryans,  a match that is just like any other match that card however Matt understand that this match to Jon may seem a bit for important giving the history between the two during a time and which Jon was trying to relaunch the dying tag team division in the company.

Given everything that has taken place over the past month and the fact that it is now Father's Day Mass beers could care less. Normally a man who enjoys going to work the last thing he wanted to do was be in an area that will have nothing but families everywhere while she is stuck at work still trying to figure out where his daughter is being kept.

Matt will arrive to the show on time but not in a good mood. His wife had to attend a function for her job as one last gig she had agreed to. Sadie decided to not renew her contract in hopes that she can spend more time trying to find a way to remember her past.

While Jon was hoping to have a sit down with Ben Jordan to talk about their upcoming match, Matt instead decided to use that time to keep drinking.

Something that will later backfire as Jon was not in the right condition to be in a ring performing in front of the crowd. after the mass Matt realized that was not the smartest idea. Matt had asked Jon to stay out of his life in exchange he can be the wrestler but here Matt went and screwed around with Jon the wrestler not allowing him to compete at the level he is able to.

Masks sees that they have booked Jon again for the next following show this time against Equinox and as a punishment and the boss's eyes the roulette title will be on the line as if a fighting champion having to defend his title in the main event position on a card for the company could ever be punishment.

Matt sets up a camera for Jon so he can say a few words before his title match with Equinox.

On Camera

Jon Dough: Hello everyone so here I am for my second ever title defense With the roulette championship. The first one didn't go so well I lost it to one of the up-and-comers from honor wrestling. Now they have me fighting honor wrestling Legacy Champion Equinox. now I know was one of the longest reigning ruler at Champions but that was many years ago and he's not the champion now he is a champion however and two different companies so clearly I am fighting a man that knows how to hold championship.

I don't have much to say to the fans because what I do have to say I rather tell them in person instead of over a video camera as that is not the professional way to go about what I need to say.

All I can hope for is that the company doesn't try to screw me over once again by having me defend the roulette title and a standard normal match. I understand that the company will do whatever they can to make me look stupid but I never looked as more stupid as I did last week and that unfortunately had nothing to do With the dip s*** that doesn't like me. No that falls on me and only me and I will wait until I get to the ring To address the crowd. Until then I'm going to Keep doing what I've been doing to prepare for this match because I know Equinox is not going to make it easy.

Off Camera

Jon turns off the camera and kicks the camera stance in discus for what took place in his last match.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 12:04:23 AM by Wong Fai Hung »
user posted image