Author Topic: Making Waves  (Read 3126 times)

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
Making Waves
« on: July 21, 2018, 05:58:12 PM »
 On-Camera

The camera opens on the Atrium of the Sun Princess with a young woman dressed in a blue suit jacket and matching skirt with a white shirt underneath and heels that she really doesn’t seem to enjoy wearing at the moment. She flings her black, curly hair off her shoulders, her chocolate skin almost glowing in the lights.

I: Got to be someone…

She starts to turn from her cameraman and catches sight of Seleana Zdunich starting across the room, looking up at the grand staircases. Almost immediately upon seeing Seleana, the woman starts waving frantically to get the Swedish woman’s attention.  

I: Hey, Seleana? Seleana Zdunich?  

Seleana starts looking around the source of the sound and the woman continues to wave her down.

I: Seleana Zdunich!

Seleana turns and spots her, nodding to, visibly questioning from where she’s standing. The woman nods back and waves her over.

I: Can we have a word?

Seleana smiles and walks over to her, pleased as punch to be asked to do something like this here.

Seleana Zdunich: Sure!

She gets in closer and the woman nods to her cameraman. He nods, and gives he he thumbs up sign when he gets the shot focused on both of them.

I: Rosana Coleman, Wrestlegeeks.com, I’m here with Sin City Wrestling competitor, Seleana “The Cat” Zdunich, in the atrium of the Sun Princess for Sin City Wrestling’s Summer XXXTreme 6 and Seleana, what do you think of the Sun Princess so far?

Seleana can’t hide the ear to ear grin that is all but welded to her face at the moment.

Seleana Zdunich: Oh goodness, this is beautiful! I’ve never been on one of these and it really is quite extraordinary! This place has everything one could possibly want for a holiday. I don’t feel like I’m at work at all for this, I really feel like I’m on holiday and since this is the first week after my wedding, it’s quite the honeymoon trip. What more could I ask for?

Rosana nods and the two look around to take in the full scope of the scene.

Rosana Coleman: How is married life treating you?

Somehow, Seleana’s smile actually manages to increase in both intensity and luminosity.

Seleana Zdunich: It’s been just awesome! Christina is everything I have ever dreamed of. She’s made me so happy…

She pauses and just shakes her head, entire body kind of going with it for a second as she quickly searches for a proper description.

Seleana Zdunich: I don’t even know how to describe it. It’s the greatest feeling in the world when the one person who means more to you than the world says she feels the same back to you and proclaims it to and in front of the world. The fact that Brittany and I get on so well…

She clasps her hands together and shakes her head in awed disbelief before swinging her arms out wide.  

Seleana Zdunich: I didn’t think life could get any better than what I already had and they’ve proven me wrong. Now I just look at them both and think, “Det här är min familj! This is MY family! How did I get so lucky?”

Pausing, she points around the atrium.

Seleana Zdunich: I ask the same thing about even being here. How did I get so lucky that a person like me, a person who is not a natural athlete in terms of I did not grow up playing all of them the way my wife did or even just concentrating on this one as a young woman the way my cousin, Alexi, did or the way my cousin, Maja Lindström, is…

She trails off, her eyes going a little vacant as she stares off into the distance, taking in the majesty of the room they are standing in.

Seleana Zdunich: How did the woman who so obsessed with animals that I went across the world to work at a place like Orana Park in New Zealand, who was looking at working at places like Busch Gardens in Tampa or the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta, how did that woman end up here? How did that woman end up in L.A.W. before that right away and then have a job offer basically waiting for her when L.A.W. closed despite the fact that I was an over aged rookie that has never accomplished anything when it comes to championships get this lucky?

Rosana shrugs.

Rosana Coleman: What do you mean by that?

Seleana smiles like a small child that’s been caught red-handed doing something they know they’re not supposed to be doing but love it anyway.      

Seleana Zdunich: Competitors like me aren’t supposed to get things like that. You’re supposed to have to kill yourself to get into the sport and then kill yourself some more to prove you belong and then,  maybe, you get an opportunity to try out for a company and then hope you don’t get lost in the shuffle.

She shrugs and then smiles as she sees her wife, Christina Zdunich, making her way towards them.

Seleana Zdunich: And here she comes now…

Christina walks up and embraces her wife, kissing her lovingly.

Christina Zdunich: Are you ready to come back over there and do this?

Seleana can’t help but smile.

Seleana Zdunich: Are we going to the gym then?

Christina shakes her head.

Christina Zdunich: No…

She pauses and then shrugs.

Christina Zdunich: Well, sort of, but not really.

Seleana nods to the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: So, shall we tell the world what we are to do now?

Christina turns, sees the camera and brightens immediately.

Christina Zdunich: Of course, you see, preceding the wonders that you will all behold when we have our Ultimate X Battle Royal for the right to challenge Mikah for the Bombshell Championship…

She pauses and leans in, grinning half-playfully.

Christina Zdunich: Which, of course, I will be winning…

Seleana’s smile stays right where it is, visibly pleased to see and hear her wife talking like this.

Christina Zdunich: Yeah, sorry, Dani, Aviana, Apple, Portia…

Christian nods back to Seleana.  

Christina Zdunich: And my wife, who will turn some heads as we do that!

Seleana nods gratefully.

Christina Zdunich: And then I go on to defeat Mikah and become the four-time champion we all know I should be! But…

She nods to the camera knowingly.

Christina Zdunich: First, the Hollywood Angels, myself and my wife, will team up with Team Hero, the hosts of Summer XXXTreme 6, Roxi and Keira Johnson, to take on the UConn girls in basketball here in re-match, double or nothing! We’re coming for you, Lady Huskies, and this time, we WILL get you!

Rosana stares at the two of them with her mouth open.

Rosana Coleman: What’s the double or nothing?

Christina smirks.

Christina Zdunich: It just means we would have lost of assistants for the weekend!

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: And if we lose, we’d owe them auto…

Christina shakes her head, cutting off her wife and raising a hand towards the camera.

Christina Zdunich: It doesn’t matter because we are not losing this one! You guys just follow my lead, we use you to post up and everything will work out fine! We’re even gonna find a couple of others so we can rotate players because there’s actually six of them here and the other two wanna play this time! And then after we win, we go on to the Ultimate X Battle Royal and we show the world that I’m still Crystal Hilton and it’s on like Donkey Kong!

Rosana nods cheerily.

Rosana Coleman: You heard it here first folks, high stakes on the high seas!

The camera nods a cut and starts away.

Off-Camera

Rosana Coleman: Thanks for the exclusive and good luck with everything!

She wanders off and Seleana just stares at Christina, who is busy watching Rosana leave. After a few seconds, Christina turn back around.

Christina Zdunich: we are not losing!

Seleana nods slowly.

Seleana Zdunich: When are playing again?

Christina shrugs.

Christina Zdunich: Couple of hours. We had to reserve the court and give everybody a chance to be warmed up and stuff. Now, I gotta go tell Rox and Keira, you go find us a couple of more players.

Seleana’s jaw drops.

Seleana Zdunich: You didn’t tell them first?

Christina shakes her head.

Christina Zdunich: Always better to ask for forgiveness than permission on something like this. If you want something like this bad enough, you just gotta go for it.

Seleana frowns, confusion written all over her face.

Seleana Zdunich: What if they say no?

Christian nods to the camera crew walking away.

Christina Zdunich: Well, I kinda just got to say on TV that they were doing it so it’ll look like they backed out. Don’t worry, they won’t back out. They’re competitive just like me, so it’ll be on. We just need you to find us two more.

Seleana’s confusion grows.

Seleana Zdunich: Why me?

Christian can’t help but smile.

Christina Zdunich: Because I’m gonna be busy giving Roxi and keira the pep talk to end all pep talks! Besides, you’re really good at making friends fast so you’ll find them no problem!  

Christina leans forward and kisses her wife.

Christina Zdunich: You’re gonna do great, I gotta go tell Rox and Keira that we’re gonna kick some ass!

Christina heads off in the opposite direction, leaving Seleana standing there in stunned silence. She allows her head to fall back so that she’s looking at the ceiling, her arms outstretched as if begging the heavens for answers.

Seleana Zdunich: För fan i helvete!  

Shaking her head, Seleana is startled by the return of Rosana and the camera.

On-Camera

Rosana Coleman: What does that mean?  

Seleana looks Rosana in the eyes and frowns in confusion all over again.

Seleana Zdunich: I’m sorry?

Rosana nods to her.

Rosana Coleman: What you just said, what does it mean?

Seleana replays the last few minutes in her head and then nods, looking ashamed.

Seleana Zdunich: It means I have said something I should not have said in public where a camera can see and hear me do so. I am sorry, I should not have said it.

Rosana nods, now even more eager than before.

Rosana Coleman: So what does it mean?

Seleana exhales.

Seleana Zdunich: It is a Swedish saying, “For the devil in hell!” It is a popular phrase for use when one has nothing else to say.

Rosana nods slowly.

Rosana Coleman: You don’t look happy with this turn of events.

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: It is a surprise, one I was not expecting.

She pauses and nods in acknowledgement.

Seleana Zdunich: Yes, I know that is definition of surprise but this was not what i was expecting to be worried about. I was expecting to be thinking of our Ultimate X Battle Royal match with a shot at Mikah as the prize. I thought we would be thinking about one of us would be the one to win and prove Mikah wrong because she holds no respect for any of us. She calls my wife psycho, she talks down to Dani and Aviana. She talks down to me. Apple and Portia are both too new for her to care about either of them so no matter who wins, she will expect that none of us have the slightest prayer because so many of us are new or inexperienced, or both and because she feels my wife is now beneath her. She does not think of any of us capable of so much as hanging with her, much less defeating her and yet…

She sighs heavily.

Seleana Zdunich: Now I must focus on a basketball game where should we lose we will owe them so many autographs, memorabilia and VIP treatment that I do not know where it will even start, much elss where it will end. We already played them once and we played poorly as a team and thus we owe them many, many things already. Now we must fix what went wrong and find two others players and discover chemistry and do it all in only a few hours’ time. This will not be easy but we must try, the same way both Christina and I must try in our match and as our daughter must try in her match. People are all looking at us and expecting us to fail, expecting su to be humiliated in the attempt and subsequent failure and that this will end us but they have no found a way to kill the rooster yet! They have come for Christina many times. They have come for Brittany and they have come for me and yet we are still here, we are all still fighting for championships and standing despite what most say about us! So f you will excuse me, thank you for time and attention, but I must excuse myself to go do my part for the game today.  

She nods and walks off.

Off-Camera.

Seleana heads up towards the suite she is sharing with her new wife when she finds a young but tall blonde woman standing by the door, barefoot, in blue jeans and a slashed black In This Moment t-shirt. Seleana stares at her and then walks up.

Seleana Zdunich: Halo?

The woman, Haylie Jo “Halo” Annis nods sheepishly.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Hi.

Seleana frowns deeply.

Seleana Zdunich: What are you doing here, Sweetheart?

Halo shrugs, looking nervous.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: I’m B-Brat’s plus one… I…

She bites her lip, looking as if she might lose her mind any second now.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: I was looking for her. I was trying to leave a tray outside the room and kinda locked myself out. She said she had an interview or somethin’ to do so I came lookin’ for her, got lost and then found myself near the only other room number I know of on here cause she told me.  She’s gonna be so mad at me…

Seleana takes the young woman into her arms and hugs her tightly.

Seleana Zdunich: Sssh, it’s alright. Come into the suite. I will text Brittany to come get you. Everything will be fine, you’ve done nothing wrong.

Seleana opens her suite and Halo walks inside. Seleana closes the door behind them and the two women sit on the bed.

Seleana Zdunich: How long have you been… together?

Halo’s eyes go wide terror but Seleana quickly raises her hands to calm the young lady.

Seleana Zdunich: As I said, it is alright, you’ve done nothing wrong.

Seleana cocks her head interrogatively.

Seleana Zdunich: Why are you so worried?

Halo slumps forward slightly.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: I wasn’t supposed to leave the room much. We’re supposed to be DL and all. Sort of like her and Jordan…

Her hands snap up to cover her mouth in shock, her eyes moistening as she sits there stewing in her own fears and worries.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Oh God, please don’t tell her you know or that…

Her hans fall away from her mouth and she smacks herself in the face.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: I’m such an idiot! I knew better and got myself locked out and now I might lose it all!

As Halo looks as if she might start bawling right there, Seleana confused curiosity only heightens. What could possibly be causing such a reaction in this young woman?

Seleana Zdunich: Lose it all?

Halo barely nods, her entire body seemingly gripping hard on the bed.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: My last relationship… didn’t end so wonderful, ok? I’m, not supposed to get stuff like this, ok? I’m from the middle of nowhere in Tennessee. My Mama’s dead, my Daddy’s a useless gambler and I’m a homeless vagrant that probably should be a drug addict but for the fact that I can’t afford it! I never finished high school because I was stupid and liked to go out, the name is supposed to one of those bad ironic jokes… like when you call a big fat guy, “Tiny.” My parents tried to send me to a convent to straight me out and I got thrown out of there too because I was still an unholy terror. The only time I’ve tried not to be, was with Logan and with Brittany. I love Logan and now I’m gonna lose her, I just know it!    

Seleana can’t believe what she’s hearing.

Seleana Zdunich: Honey…

Halo shakes her head, the tears starting now.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: I’m not supposed to know about Jordan but, come on, we’re teenagers, subtlety isn’t exactly our greatest thing, you know? I know I wasn’t supposed to tell you… I…

She falls forward, looking like she might retch right there.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: God help me….I love her and I’m so gonna…

Seleana stares at the younger woman in shock.

Seleana Zdunich: Does she know?

Halo sits up, trying not to sob uncontrollably.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Know?

Seleana nods to her.

Seleana Zdunich: Does Brittany know you love her?

Halo stares at her, suddenly looking confused as well as scared.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: I.. don’t… know?

Seleana nods and then starts punching buttons on her phone.

Seleana Zdunich: You don’t think you deserve her, do you?

Halo’s bottom lip starts quivering.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: I…

Seleana nods, finishes off her message and sends off the text. Setting the phone down, she hugs Halo.

Seleana Zdunich: Sssh, I know… it’s alright. You just need to tell Brittany how you feel and what you want. You said you know about Jordan, what do you know?

Halo looks Seleana dead in her eyes.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: That she’s still dating him some too… and I don’t care. I’ll wait. I’m not gonna put her on the spot. I love her and she’s worth waiting for!

Seleana nods and presses a button on her phone. Halo looks over at it and then back to Seleana.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: What???

Before an answer can come, a knock on the door sounds. Seleana stands up, walks over and opens the door to show Brittany Williams standing there.

Seleana Zdunich: Come on in, Brittany. I think you’ve misplaced something in the hallway.

Brittany sees Halo sitting there and starts to raise a hand but Seleana waves it off.

Seleana Zdunich: It is alright. One, I’m sure your mother knows, she is not as self-absorbed and neglectful as everyone else seems to think she is. Two, We will tell her…

She motions to Brittany and Halo.

Seleana Zdunich: When and if you are ready.

Halo nods while Brittany hugs her. Seleana smiles and then nods to the door.

Seleana Zdunich: Now, I need to know one thing, Haylie Jo…

Halo looks up at her, her new fright in the younger blonde woman’s eyes.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Have you ever played basketball before?

Halo mods tentatively.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: In high school.

Seleana nods, smiling.

Seleana Zdunich: And you are five foot ten as well?

Halo nods almost blindly.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: Yes’m.

Seleana can’t smile broadly enough.

Seleana Zdunich: Ok, you take a second with each other, then we need to go get your shoes.

Halo stares at Seleana in confusion. Brittany looks the same way for a second before nodding knowingly.

Brittany Williams: Mom wants to go double or nothing, doesn’t she?

Seleana nods and Brittany just shakes her head.

Brittany Williams: And she expects us to bail her out?

Seleana shakes her head.

Seleana Zdunich: No, she expects me to find two other players and I’m asking the two of you to be those players. Let us go have some family fun here.

She smirks playfully, knowingly.

Seleana Zdunich: Besides, do you know how crazy it will drive your mother… while also making her take great pride… if you help her and she owes you one?

Brittany’s mouth falls open as she stares at her step-mother.

Brittany Williams: You little genius…  

Seleana smiles as Halo starts to look between them.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: I… don’t…

Brittany turns to her and kisses her.

Brittany Williams: Come on, we need to get your shoes. We got a game to win!

Halo cocks her head.

Haylie Jo "Halo" Annis: We do?

Brittany nods.

Brittany Williams: We do.

Seleana walks over and hugs them both.

Seleana Zdunich: Let us go, ja?

Both girls nod and stand up off the bed. They follow Seleana out and over the course of the next hour, they make a pit stop at their room ro get the proper shoes and then follow Seleana to the basketball court. After warming up, Christina, Roxi and Keira show up as well as the UConn ladies. This time, it’s the UConn ladies who play poorly, throwing the ball away in their overconfidence. After the game is over, Christina walks over to her bag and produces the autographs the ladies had all wanted.

Christina Zdunich: Here you go.

Pictures are taken and as they start off the court, Seleana leans in to her wife.

Seleana Zdunich: You had those all along, didn’t you?

Christina nods.

Christina Zdunich: Today, yes.

Seleana smiles and Christina nods to Brittany and Halo.

Christina Zdunich: What’s the story there?

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: I don’t know yet. Could be nothing…

Christina nods understandingly.

Christina Zdunich: Thank you, Babe, knew i could lead us to victory if you all did your parts.

Seleana smiles and kisses her wife.

Seleana Zdunich: I love you.

Christina Zdunich: I love you too.