Author Topic: A Very Dangerous Debut  (Read 392 times)

Offline Ruby

• View Profile
    • Ruby
A Very Dangerous Debut
« on: November 01, 2013, 05:28:01 PM »

Sunday October 27th
Max Burke's Home- New Brunswick, Canada

The first Climax Control back in Las Vegas is taking place at this very moment back in Las Vegas.  Not only was it the annual Halloween special, but Max Burke was scheduled to be in Vegas right now to face Thatcher Rex.  Sadly the weather in Canada had other plans, and Max and Ruby were not able to make their flight to Vegas.  So, the duo are currently seated on the sofa in Max's home, watching Climax Control streaming live on Max's laptop.  Ruby pays close attention to the show, and every so often she shifts uncomfortably, particularly whenever the Bombshells were in action for the evening.  Max notices this, and he turns and looks at her.

Max: You seem agitated tonight.  You upset we couldn't catch our flight?  I'm sure you wanted to catch up with Misty.  You barely saw her while we were on tour.

Ruby tries to hide the fact that rolls her eyes at that question, but Max notices.  Ruby folds her arms and shakes her head.

Ruby: Agitated is not even the correct word, Max.  And, no, I'm not upset because I couldn't speak to Misty.  Quite frankly, I am not sure I want to.  She has changed too much.

Max: It could just be a phase.  I'm sure she'll come around.

Ruby: I certainly hope so, but I do not see that happening.  

Max gently nudges Ruby's arm as she glares at the laptop screen where Misty is seen speaking to her new male friend, Seth.  Ruby tries to hide her displeasure over this, but again she doesn't do a good job.

Max: You want to tell me what's wrong then?  You look like you want to throw my laptop across the room any second.

Ruby: I think we have been wasting our time, Max.

Max shakes his head in confusion.

Max: I'm not sure I follow you.

Ruby: What was the point of starting my training and signing a contract if I'm not going to get a match?!  How long has it been since I signed my contract?  Several weeks if I recall.

Max: Yeah I think it's ridiculous they haven't booked your debut yet, but it's a good thing it wasn't tonight.  They would have had to postpone two matches instead of one.  Don't worry, you'll get your debut soon, and if you don't...Well, you force them too.  Simple as that.

Ruby: I shouldn't be in such a rush honestly.  I don't feel fully prepared as it is, and I'm sure whoever I should face in my debut will no doubt use my inexperience to their advantage.  I want to make sure--

Max places his finger on Ruby's lips, silencing her.  

Max: Stop right there.  You're more than ready, and there is no reason to think that you're not.  I'm training you, so you've got this down pat.  You might not have wrestling experience in your family like I do, but each training session you show more and more that you're going to do great.  Whether you realized it before or not, you were born to do this.

Ruby: Born to wrestle, bred to win?

Max: Exactly.  Pretty soon, you'll plow your way through the Bombshell division.  Hell, I bet you could even beat Misty.

Ruby and Max both let out a laugh.

Max: Don't tell her I said that.

Ruby: Don't worry.  Your secret is safe with me, but even if you do think I could defeat her, I have no plans on going against her.  That is not what I want.

Max: The way you were glaring at the laptop a few minutes ago says otherwise.  Besides, facing Misty is the ultimate test isn't it?  She's the one everyone wants to face to prove their worth.  Everyone wants to beat her, but not many have.  You can't tell me a little part of you doesn't want that?

Ruby goes quiet for a while, looking as though she doesn't know how to answer that.  Though clearly she doesn't have to, as Max already knows the answer.

Max: Don't worry, you don't need to say it out loud.  I know that is what you're thinking, but it's not like I'm going to tell her anyway.  I see her less than you do.

Ruby: Listen to you, thinking you know everything.  

Ruby can't help but let a little grin appear on her face, as does Max.

Ruby: It is not going to happen, Max.  Misty holds one half of the tag team championships with that trash partner of hers.  How she can team with her ex-fiancee's new fiancee is beyond me.

Max: You know, you really should have pushed to be entered in that battle royale at High Stakes.  You and Misty would have been one hell of a tag team.  You can't deny that.

Ruby lets out a laugh and shakes her head as if the thought of teaming with the woman who she has stood beside and supported for over a year now is unimaginable.

Max: Why is that funny?

Ruby turns her head slowly and looks at Max, trying no to laugh again.

Ruby: You can't possibly be serious?  As talented and skilled as I know Misty is in the ring, she and I would not make a good team.  Maybe a few months ago we would have.  But now?  That is a ridiculous thought.

Max: She would definately help build your confidence.  Not to mention you'd be even more dominant than those freaks of the Fallen.

Ruby again shakes her head.  On the computer screen, the main even is just set to begin as Misty is making her entrance, dressed up as one odd looking vampire.  Ruby closes her eyes and shakes her head, disappointed in Misty's choice of costume for the evening.

Ruby: Like I said before, maybe a few months ago we would have.  But look at her now?  This is ridiculous, and I don't know how much more I can take.

Max: I wouldn't even worry about it right now.  Just take some time to relax and let's finish watching the show, and if you're up for it tomorrow we can release some of that tension in a training session.  I like you more when you're releasing all of that aggression.

Max winks at Ruby.  She pretends not to notice, but she soon cracks a smile and gives him a playful nudge.

Ruby: You are impossible sometimes, you know that?  

Max: What?  You know you enjoy it just as much as I do.  Don't lie.

Ruby: I have nothing to lie about, Max.  Now, let's just finish watching the show and we'll discuss the after activities...later.

Ruby gives Max a sly grin then cuddles up closer to him.  He smirks and then the two turn their attention back to the main event of Climax Control as the scene fades away.

Wednesday October 30th
McCarran International Airport- Las Vegas

The scene opens up just outside one of the airport terminals at McCarran International Airport.  The vibrant personality known as Ruby is seen standing outside, wearing a light jacket with her suitcase on the ground next to her.  She has her arms folded and a very impatient look on her face as she is apparently waiting for someone.  A couple of minutes later, the familiar blue Ford Edge belonging to one half of the Bombshell Tag Team Champions pulls up next to Ruby and stops.  Misty jumps out of the driver's side, running around the car to face her loyal friend.  If you can even call Ruby her friend any longer.

Misty: I'm so sorry I'm late, Ruby!  I got caught in traffic and I got here as fast as I could.

Misty takes Ruby's suitcase and places into the back of her car.  Ruby briefly rolls her eyes before she opens the passenger side door and slides into the seat, closing the door soon after.  Misty gets back into the driver's seat as Ruby is fastening her seat belt, and she turns to look at Ruby, noticing the unhappy look on her face.

Misty: What's wrong?  I wish you'd stop being so angry with me all the time.

Ruby turns her head slowly and puts on a very fake and forced smile, not even trying to hide it.  Misty shakes her head as she waits for Ruby to break her silence, and she puts the car in drive, pulling away from the terminal.

Ruby: You do not need to be so secretive about why you wanted me to come here sooner.  You could have told me over the phone what this surprise is that you wanted to show me.

Misty: True, I could have.  But then it wouldn't have been much of a surprise, now would it?  I wish Max would have come with you.

Ruby: As do I.  However, he had something to take care of today and he will be flying in tomorrow.  Now, where are you taking me?

Misty smiles, but she keeps her eyes on the road as she drives through Las Vegas, heading in direction Ruby is not very familiar with.

Misty: You'll see in a few minutes.  Don't worry about it right now.  I hear you have your big debut this week.  That's great news, and I'm sure you'll do amazing. Last time I talked to Max he said you were improving every day.

Ruby: Yes, well you would know that if you had any interest in spending time with your friends and finding out for yourself now wouldn't you?  Instead, it looks as though you've quickly found a replacement for Giani Di Luca, haven't you?  You've gotten awfully cozy with--

Misty holds her hand up, quickly silencing Ruby before she can speak another word.  The look on her face is a mix of anger and regret.

Misty: Please don't try and turn this around on me, Ruby.  I know you're upset with me.  I get that.  But come on, it allows you to spend more time with Max, right?  Besides, Seth is a great guy, but we're just friends.  That's all.

Ruby tries to stifle a laugh, but she is just a second too late.  The laugh escapes her mouth, and Misty takes in a disappointed sigh.

Ruby: I have no interest in hearing anything about this Seth character.  You are blinded once again, but none of that matters does it?

Misty: What are you talking about, Ruby?

Ruby: Do not pretend you don't know what I'm talking about.  You are changing more and more as each day passes, yet we are still expected to be friends?  I am still expected to remain loyal to you when we no longer appear to be going down the same path?

Ruby looks out the passenger side window as Misty drives through the outskirts of Las Vegas.  The area suddenly begins to grow slightly familiar, but she can't place her finger on it just yet.

Misty: So what you are saying is that you don't want to be friends anymore?

An awkward silence falls between the two and Misty occasionally glances over to Ruby, trying to read the expression on her face.  It doesn't help, though, as she has to keep her eyes on the road to prevent an accident.

Misty: Answer me, Ruby.  Are you saying that you don't want to be friends anymore?

Ruby: No!  I mean...I don't know.  You can't tell me we're not different people now.  You are suddenly on this path to redeem yourself for whatever reason.  You have nothing to redeem yourself for, yet you feel that you do.  You are perfectly fine with being part of the tag team now instead of going after what is rightfully yours.  What will always be yours.

Misty thinks for a moment, trying to process everything Ruby is saying and figure out what she means.  She turns into a familiar neighborhood, and the look on Ruby's face now shows that she has figured out where they are, but she remains quiet.

Misty: You might not see it, Ruby, but I do need to redeem myself.  I have to make up for every bad decision I have ever made over the last couple of years.  Being the tag team champions with Odette, and now Vixen, is all part of that.  How did this all get turned around on me?  How did we go from me wanting to talk about your debut, to you getting angry with me?

Ruby: Just forget it.  It doesn't matter.

Misty: Yes, it does matter.  You're just a few days away from your debut, Ruby, and you're worrying about me.

Ruby laughs and shakes her head.

Ruby: I am not worrying about you, Misty.  What you do with your life is completely up to you.

Misty: Yeah and the same can be said for you.  Tell me something, Ruby.  Do you even want to wrestle, or is this something you're just doing to make me and Max happy?

Misty then parks her car outside the familiar lot, but she doesn't step out of the car just yet.  She turns her full attention to Ruby, who remains silent as she looks out the window.

Misty: Damn it, Ruby.  What do you want?!  If you don't want to wrestle, you shouldn't have signed that contract.  You're facing not just one, but three other women on Sunday, and I hate to break it to you, but I think all three of them will be gunning for you.  Do you really want to throw away all of your hard work?  All of Max's?

Ruby: I have no intentions of throwing anything away, Misty.  I will take care of business on Sunday.  You and Max have nothing to worry about.

Misty: Then what is the problem?

Ruby: There is no problem, I assure you.  Now, would you tell me what we are doing here?

Misty looks out Ruby's window to the yard surrounded by a chain link fence, and the house just beyond that.  She wants to continue this conversation with Ruby, but sensing Ruby's increasing tension, she holds off for now.  Misty smiles briefly then steps out of the car, and Ruby follows suit.  The two stand next to one another just outside the gate to the chain link fence.

Misty: What do you think?

Ruby looks at the house that Misty has brought her to.  While the house is fairly new, the plot of land in which it sits is not, and Ruby is only confused as to why she is here.

Ruby: What do I think of what?  This house?  I am sorry, but I still don't understand why I am here.

Misty: Hmmm...Maybe you don't recognize this place.

Ruby: I recognize the neighborhood and the yard itself, but that house is new.  Clearly you had a new house built after that psychotic pyromaniac friend of yours burned your other one to the ground.

Misty frowns, but she nods her head.  Indeed, Ruby is right.  The two are standing just outside the residence she lived at after she left Spike nearly two years ago.

Misty: I couldn't sell the land, Ruby.  I didn't tell you or...them...that I was having the house rebuilt because I knew how you'd react.  But I am telling you now for a reason.

Ruby: And that reason is what, exactly?

Misty: Isn't it obvious?  You need a place to live, Ruby.  At least while you are in Las Vegas.  There is plenty of room here, and you and Max are more than welcome to stay here before shows.

Ruby seems genuinely surprised at Misty's offer.  She stares at the house, not sure of how to respond.  She can sense Misty's excitement and a few moments later, she turns and looks at the woman she has stood by for the last year and a half.

Ruby: I think...I think I will stay in a hotel instead.

A look of disappointment falls over Misty's face.  She tries to protest and persuade Ruby, but Ruby quickly turns and gets back into Misty's car without another word.  Misty turns and looks at her newly built house.  She frowns and shakes her head before she, too, turns and gets back into her car.  A few moments later, she starts up the engine and drives off, heading back into the city to take Ruby to a hotel of her choosing, and the scene fades out.

Sunday November 3rd
Club LAX- Before Climax Control

We're hours away from the start of Climax Control and Club LAX is buzzing with excitement.  SCW fans and workers running around excitedly, waiting for the show to start.  In the backstage area, several of the superstars and Bombshells have yet to arrive, but one pair is already here.  Ruby and the SCW Roulette Champion, Max Burke.  

The scene opens up in the dressing room.  Max is seated on a chair with his arms folded.  He has an excited grin on his face, as he stares at the door just ahead of him, which is cracked open just a bit so the light shines through.

Ruby: I think this one may have been a horrible choice.  It is definately NOT me at all!

Ruby's voice is heard shouting from inside the bathroom.  Max smiles and he leans forward, trying to get a peek through the door, since Ruby is taking her time in opening it.

Max: Babe would you just show me already and let me decide since you obviously can't.

Ruby: I look ridiculous, Max!

Max: I highly doubt that.  If you don't open that door and show me, I'll do it myself.

Ruby can be heard growling then taking in a deep breath.  A few seconds later she slowly opens the door, and Max's jaw drops open.  Halloween may have been a few days ago, but clearly she's choosing to dress up now.  And her first costume choice?

\'user

Ruby stands there for a moment, waiting for Max to speak, but he seems to have been rendered speechless as Ruby stands in front of him dressed in that sexy angel costume.  Ruby looks at the costume again, then shakes her head.

Ruby: Exactly my opinion as well.  As I said, I look ridiculous.

Max shakes his head.  His eyes light up and he smiles.

Max: Far from it actually.  But, I do think you need to save that one for later...You know...for after our matches.

Max winks and Ruby shakes her head, grinning also.  She folds her arms

Ruby: Right...on to the next choice.

Ruby disappears back inside the bathroom, closing the door again.

Max: How many did you pick out again?

Ruby: Four...but I'm getting the two I dislike the most out of the way first.

Max waits a couple more minutes as Ruby changes into the next costume.  When she opens the door, he goes speechless again as this one, while more suited to Ruby, leaves little to the imagination and is even more revealing.

\'user

Max: Turning from angel to devil...I like that.

Max winks again, and Ruby lets out a frustrated growl.

Ruby: This one may suit me better, but this is hardly a devil costume Max.  Besides the horns of course.

Ruby points to the horns on top of her head.  Max can't find the words to say again, and Ruby shakes her head.

Ruby: Another one for later, I suppose?  Do you need a drool bucket, Max?

Max shakes his head and smiles as Ruby disappears into the bathroom a third time.  A few minutes later, she emerges again, and this time she has a big grin on her face as she shows off her next costume choice.

\'user

Max nods in approval of Ruby's sexy nurse costume and she takes a few steps towards him.

Ruby: I only have one problem with this costume.

Max: And what would that be.

Ruby leans down over Max, grinning from ear to ear.

Ruby: I don't have a patient to take care of, do I?

Max thinks for a second, and then shrugs.

Max: You never know...I could get hurt in my match against Thatcher tonight, and then you'd have a very good reason to put that outfit to use.

Ruby: Excuse me?  Do you think that Thatcher Rex will harm you in some way?  Please, Max...He will do no such thing.

Max laughs and shakes his head.

Max: I never said he'd hurt me, but you never know.  I could bruise my fist punching him too hard or something.  It's very possible...and probable.

Ruby rolls her eyes as Max winks yet again.  She turns to walk back into the bathroom, but then stops and looks back at him.

Ruby: You shouldn't be giving away your dirty little secrets like that, Max.  Now how will I know if you are really hurt or not?

Max shrugs innocently and Ruby disappears back into the bathroom for the last time.  She is in there slightly longer this time before she emerges for the last time, wearing her final costume choice for the evening.

\'user

Max: Queen of Hearts type outfit...Definately appropriate for tonight I think.

Ruby frowns and looks disappointed.

Ruby: You don't like it?

Max: It's perfect actually.  It's your debut match tonight.  I think it definately sends a message that you'll be the queen soon enough.  Besides, the last three...Well, I think we both know those are more for my enjoyment, right?

Before Ruby can respond, there is a knock on their locker room door.  Ruby folds her arms, unhappy about an uninvited guest, but Max stands and heads over to the door.  He opens it, and SCW reporter Miss Rocky Mountains is standing in front of him, apparently here for an interview.  She takes one look at Ruby when a confused smile spreads over her face.

Miss Rocky: You do realize that not only was our Halloween show last week, but Halloween was three days ago?

Ruby snarls at her, but Max speaks for her.

Max: Yeah, and if you did your job and paid attention you would know that neither of us were here last week.  She doesn't need your permission or your opinion on how she should dress.

Miss Rocky: Of course not.  That is not what I was implying...

Ruby: Just what were you implying then?  And what do you want?  If you couldn't tell, I'm trying to get ready.

Miss Rocky: I'm here for an interview.  What else would I would I be doing here?

Ruby rolls her eyes, clearly annoyed with this aspect of being a wrestler.

Ruby: How Misty puts up with this sort of thing, I'll never understand.

Miss Rocky: She has to put up with it.  It's her job.  Perhaps if it's not something you enjoy doing, you should find another career?

Ruby: Max...would you do me a favor, please?  I'm actually quite thirsty.  Would you go get me a bottle of water while I have a little chat with Miss Mountains here.

Max looks hesitant to leave, knowing what Ruby could possibly do.  Ruby looks at Max, and nods.

Ruby: It is ok, Max.  I will be fine.

Max: I wasn't worried about you, actually, but if you insist.  Miss Rocky...enter at your own risk.

Max then walks past Miss Rocky, disappearing down the hall to find a bottle of water for Ruby.  Ruby takes a few steps towards Rocky, glaring at her with a look that could kill.

Ruby: Tell me something, Miss Rocky..Do you think that just because I do not enjoy being a part of these silly little interviews that it takes away from my wrestling ability?

Miss Rocky: That is not what I was implying, Ruby.  I was just--

Ruby: Oh, of course that wasn't what you were implying.  It would be a ridiculous thought, right?  Perhaps you would like me to give you a bit of a sneak peek at what everyone is going to witness tonight?  You can send a message to my three opponents if that is what you want so badly.

Ruby continues taking several ominous steps towards Miss Rocky.  Miss Rocky starts backing away, out into the hall until Ruby has her backed against the wall, breathing very slowly and dangerously in her face.

Miss Rocky: Clearly it was a mistake coming here.  I'll go--

Ruby grabs a hold of Miss Rocky by the throat, pinning her against the wall, but not so much as to cut off her air supply...yet.  Miss Rocky looks slightly terrified.

Ruby: Oh no, Miss Rocky.  I don't think so at all.  You see, I want you to send a message to three very unlucky Bombshells.  I'm giving you an important task, so you listen carefully, yes?

Miss Rocky can only nod as she remains terrified of what Ruby might do to her.

Ruby: First...I want you to find the one who calls herself the Prodigy...I want you to find Lizzie Short, okay?

Miss Rocky nods nervously again.

Ruby: I want you to find Lizzie Short and you tell her that she is no Prodigy.  In fact, she is nothing...She will continue to be nothing, because when we step into that ring, only one Prodigy will step out of that ring, and you're looking at her.  Lizzie Short can have Jessie Salco lick her wounds, because once I'm through with her tonight...She will be the one re-thinking her career path.

Ruby smiles wickedly, but she does not release her hold on the backstage reporter.

Ruby: Next...I want you to find Parand Ara and you tell her that all the hell she plans to bring to this one, will be nothing compared to what I have in store for her.  She thinks the battle with Vixen was bad?  Wait until I wrap my arms around her throat and show her what danger really is.  Wait until I cut off her air supply and force her to bed for me to stop, but I won't.  I'll force her to within an inch of her life and even then I may not stop.  And as for Angela Fallon..

Ruby backs away for a moment, and a sly smile appears on her face.

Ruby: Well, I guess you'll just have to find her first won't you?  Something intrigues me about that woman, but I can't quite place my finger on it.  The fun I could have in destroying that one would be immeasurable, but that is if she shows up, yes?  Angela Fallon...does not concern me one bit.  And if she is brave enough to show up...I'll do far worse to her than the other two in this match.

Ruby runs her hand over Miss Rocky's head, smiling with a look of pure evil in her eyes.

Ruby: Do not fear me, Miss Rocky.  I will not harm you...yet.  I've given you a job to do...Now go do it.  And if I find out you didn't send that message...Well, I'd stay clear of me for a while if I were you.  Understand?

Miss Rocky nods again.

Miss Rocky: Of...Of course.

Miss Rocky quickly walks away as Ruby backs up, giving her some space.  Ruby laughs as Miss Rocky disappears down another hall, and Max reappears with two bottles of water.  He sees the amused expression on her face, then looks down the hall in the direction that Miss Rocky went.

Max: Damn...and here I thought I'd come back and have to pull you off of her.  What the hell happened?

Ruby: Oh, I just made a statement with my first official interview.  The next statement...is saved for the match.

Max grins and hands Ruby her bottle of water.  The two disappear back into the locker room, closing the door behind them and the scene fades to black.

**END FEED**
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 05:28:56 PM by Ruby »
>