Author Topic: The Show Must Go On | Climax Control  (Read 3788 times)

Offline Calvin Harris

• View Profile
The Show Must Go On | Climax Control
« on: September 22, 2023, 08:14:12 PM »

With the road of High Stakes underway. Every single Climax Control until then was going to be huge. It was going to be massive. They would all be shows no one was going to want to miss, because of all the implications that could be taking place. That even included some of the matches that were already booked. There was a lot more behind them that met the eye and alot more than could take place to intensify those situations.

At this moment there was a camera crew on hand. For a very good reason too. The little red light to signify the cameras were recording was what “The Highlight of the Night” found himself focusing on. A small smirk crossing the lips of Calvin. This wasn’t something that should’ve come as a surprise considering what was right around the corner for Calvin at Climax Control. That being said though, he found himself speaking up and breaking the silence.

I’m a firm believer that in life you are always destined to come in contact with certain people.

For a moment there was just a brief pause coming from the Internet Champion.

By that I mean, I believe in life. You’re always determined to cross paths with someone that turns out to be your one true best friend. You’re always determined to come across that one person that turns out to be your future life partner. Hell, the same goes for even negative people. I truly believe that you’re forever destined to come across that one person that is bound to be a thorn in your side, or that one person that is forever going to end up being your mortal enemy. Just the way that life works. But with that being said, because that’s my mindset.

I also believe in wrestling. You’re forever meant to come across that one person that’s going to be your best dance partner. For better or for worse, depending on how you look at it in the end. At one point, I thought that maybe I had found that person years ago. After all, we were putting on banger after banger when it came to our matches. The hatred for each other was real and it was something that the fans truly felt. But a few weeks back when I really sat down to watch one of the matches that Miles Kasey was in. That’s when my mindset changed. Sure, we hadn’t shared a ring with each other.

But watching everything that Miles was doing. Every crisp movement. The speed. The agility. The insane moves that he kept pulling out. That never says Die Attitude he carried himself with. I knew right then and there Miles is going to be my best dance partner in this ring. I’ve already said it. I know the man is going to meet me every step out the way when it comes to getting in the ring with each other. That’s something I look forward to. And it starts this week.

While looking at the cameras before him. Calvin gave a small little head nod.

We could sit here and talk about each other until we are blue in the face. We could highlight each other’s abilities. We could talk about the ups and downs we’ve faced over our careers. You could talk about how I was once one of the biggest pieces of shit this company once had. I could talk about how at one point you couldn’t buy a win if your life depended on it. There’s so much that could be said about one another, but I feel like this isn’t a time for talking. This isn’t to be running our mouths. That’s not what the people are coming to see this match for. Nah, instead what they are coming to see this match for is to see us at our best. They’re coming to see us prove what we’ve been saying.

For weeks now, the two men had been teasing this encounter with one another. One that all of the fans seemed to be on board with. It was going to be their first ever encounter. Therefore they had to make sure they delivered.

When it comes to pure professional wrestling I don’t think there’s a single person better than me. That means I don’t think the World Heavyweight Champion is better than me. That means I don’t think the Hall of Famer, J2H, is better than me. The snoozefest that is Jack Washington isn’t better than me. Bell to bell. There isn’t a single person that is better than me and I’m willing to die on that hill. But you, Miles. You’re the one that comes the closest. You’re the one that I know can go bell to bell with me. You’re the one that I know won’t bitch out in the end. You’re the one that’s going to keep fighting until you can’t physically fight anymore. And that is admirable. That is respectful. That goes a long way in my book.

Using his right hand he pointed right to his head. Like he was referring to it being the right kind of mindset and the right way to approach things.

On the flip side of it all. Miles, If I was a betting man. I’d like to think that you consider yourself the best. Even when you hit a patch of bad luck. You still see yourself as the best bell to bell wrestler. You likely feel deep down you should've broken through that glass ceiling. You likely feel like you should have a lot more than a fifty six day reign as the Roulette Champion. You likely feel as if you should’ve been in far more main events that you have. And at the end of the day, you want to have yourself a career that’s worthy of being placed in the Hall of Fame one day. And if that’s the mindset, I can’t disagree with you. You deserve all of that and a hell of a lot more. However, this Sunday is a great starting point for you to take back your career.

There was another brief little nod of his head.

All in all Miles. I’m excited for this match up. I’m excited to give the people what they want. I’m excited to give Sin City Wrestling the best professional wrestling they’ve ever seen. And above all else my man, I’m excited to share the ring with someone that I have an immense amount of respect for. This couldn’t have gone any better, if you ask me. And truth be told at the end of the day. All I can really say is make sure you bring it Miles. Because I know I will.

He took a step closer to the cameras. That serious set of eyes he had making sure to really focus on the cameras.

Simply put, it’s go-time, Miles!

Calvin kept that smirk spread across his expression. Giving the recording cameras a little wink before making his exit to the right. All leading to the cameras fading to black. He did his part in making sure that he hyped up the match between the two of them. But at this stage the words didn’t matter. Far too much time had been spent talking and hyping it up. It was now a situation where the fans were going to have to see it for them to really get that feeling for everything. And because of that Climax Control couldn’t come soon enough.

The night of Climax Control had finally arrived. Still two hours away from the doors opening up for all the fans to be let in. Three hours away from the show actually happening, and where did Calvin find himself? He found himself where he always did before a show. Right there at ringside. Sitting on the apron to be exact as he was lacing up his training boots. He was about to stand up when GUY came crawling out from under the ring starling the Internet Champion.

GUY: Huzzah! I have arrived!

Of course, the flight or fight response had kicked in for the Highlight of the Night with being startled. He was very much in fight mode as he had his fist drawn back.

CALVIN HARRIS: Are you stupid or something?

GUY: Mama always said stupid is as stupid does.

CALVIN HARRIS: ... Okay there Forrest. What the hell are you doing under there?

GUY: What do you mean? This is my transport. This is how I get to every arena.

CALVIN HARRIS: What? Are you smoking something?

GUY: Oh no... smoke is bad for GUY and everyone for that matter.

By that time GUY had wiggled out from underneath the ring and got to a vertical basis. Leaning himself up against the ring apron.

GUY: So what’s going on bestie?!

CALVIN HARRIS: Oh, now we’re besties again. I haven’t seen you since that... little interview. Been gone for weeks. Pop back up out of nowhere and pretend like all is good?

GUY: You sound like a jaded lover right now, sir. And trust me, I get it. Everyone loves GUY and it showed with views on that interview. Been having big meetings in New York ever since. People wanted me to take over Jimmy Fallon’s gig and all. Telling you, GUY is a very popular man!

CALVIN HARRIS: There’s not a single person on earth that wants you to take... You know what. I’m not even going to go there right now. I gotta get warmed up.

That’s when Calvin stood himself up on the apron and wiped his feet off on the mat. Gripping the top rope to spring himself up and over the top rope. Starting to pace the ring back and forth, getting a feel for things.

GUY: Ya act like you got something important going on...

CALVIN HARRIS: You know if you paid attention to what’s going on in my career... like a best friend would. Then you would know that tonight is the first of a best of three series between Miles Kasey and myself.

GUY: Is that the guy with the funny accent?

CALVIN HARRIS: ... Come on man. Miles is one of the most notable faces on this roster. You got to know who he is.

GUY: Uh, the dude that does the one thing with his elbows?

CALVIN HARRIS: Disrespectful man. Super disrespectful. Miles is a talented fuckin’ dude.

By that time Calvin had turned and leaned against the ring ropes. Wrapping both of his arms around the top rope. Rocking back and forth against them to get a feel for the ropes. As well as stretching himself out a little bit.

CALVIN HARRIS: I have already spoken up on this before, but I’m kind of annoyed by the fact that it isn’t for the Internet Championship. That’s what we set all of this up for. I felt like that’s what people really want to see. It’s a dream match, but with everything that’s been happening lately. Keeps falling to the back burner. Kind of feel like we’re letting down our audience.

GUY: Pfft. Letting down the audience? You? You’re the highlight of their night my friend. There’s no way you’re letting anyone down.

CALVIN HARRIS: Don’t think you’re listening bro. It’s the company that’s letting them down. Certain decisions are being made that aren’t best for business. Not trying to sound like I’m speaking ill of them or anything, but I think being forced to wait on this. It’s a bad idea. But it what it is ya know? Just going to make the most of it tonight and make sure we put on a show.

Following his words, Calvin rushed forward and found himself leaping on the middle rope across from him. He springboarded himself into the air and rotated for a moonsault. Slamming both feet into the mat to plant it and land on his feet. Yet, the moment he landed it his right ankle buckled and he fell on his backside onto the mat. Quickly clutching his ankle.

CALVIN HARRIS: Ah fuck!

The immense amount of pain that was shooting up through his ankle was not ideal. Quickly, he reached for his boot and tugged at the laces as quickly as he could. Once they were undone, he had pulled his boot off as carefully as he could. Taking one look at his ankle and seeing the swelling. The ever so sarcastic and witty GUY couldn’t resist having something to say.

GUY: Oooh, that doesn’t look good.

CALVIN HARRIS: No shit Sherlock.

GUY: The name is GUY, not Sherlock.

CALVIN HARRIS: Care to fucking help me out here? I need to see the doc before the show starts.

He was gritting his teeth together. It was pretty obvious the pain was very much there. Scooting himself closer to the ropes so he get out of the ring. Once he was there, he ducked under the bottom rope, and threw one arm around GUY’s shoulder. Making sure to keep his foot elevated. He along with Guy’s help began to walk away from the ringside area.

In the medic and trainer’s office, Calvin sat there on one of the tables with his legs stretched out. An ice pack in hand as he was applying pressure to the ankle he had caused some damage to, roughly about an hour ago now. The office door came open and entered the medical physician that Sin City Wrestling had on hand for the night. There was a vanilla folder in hand as he pulled something out of it before tossing it up on a light up board. Turns out it was the x-ray of his ankle. The doctor folded his arms across his chest and took a look at the x-ray.

DOCTOR ANDREWS: Hmmm...

Of course, this piqued the interest of the Highlight of the Night. Calvin’s eyebrow raised as he looked over trying to see what was going on. However the doctor’s back was blocking the view.

CALVIN HARRIS: Anytime, I have ever been in a setting like this the word “Hmm” has never been a good thing. So... how bad are we talking?

DOCTOR ANDREWS: It isn’t nearly as bad as you think it is.

He unfolded his arms across his chest and found himself turning around to face Calvin.

DOCTOR ANDREWS: It isn’t anything like a break or even a tear. That much I can tell. Either one of those and you’d be in a lot more pain. You’d have no range of motion and the idea of walking would be next to impossible.

CALVIN HARRIS: Well, it doesn’t feel great despite the positives there.

DOCTOR ANDREWS: And it isn’t going to. The X-Rays aren’t a hundred clear due to all the swelling, but I’d say it’s probably a pretty severe high ankle sprain. Couple days off your feet, some ice, and some aspirin. You’ll be alright by next week.

CALVIN HARRIS: Next week? Nah, if it isn’t broken or torn. I’m going to just have to heavily wrap it up with some tape and hobble my ass to the ring.

DOCTOR ANDREWS: All due respect Mr. Harris, I don’t think that’s the best idea. It’s certainly not in your best interest. Like I said the x-rays aren’t a hundred percent clear with all the swelling. If there is a small fracture or even tear. It could get worse. And even with a severely sprained ankle, it could even lead to a break or a tear since you’re not stable out there.

By that time Calvin had scooted himself towards the edge of the table. Dangling both feet down some, but not stepping down just yet. Looking back up at the doctor.

CALVIN HARRIS: With all due respect Doc. I understand what your job is and I understand that you’re looking out for my best interest. But, I got an old school mindset with this wrestling shit. You don’t advertise something to the people and not give it to them. Not to mention, this roster is already filled with people that do shit half-assed anyway. I’m not going to be like that. Even only at half my best physically, I’m still going out there to do more and do better than some of these people.

DOCTOR ANDREWS: I really do not think it is in your best interest, but there isn’t a severe medical issue here. In reality there isn’t anything I can do to stop you. I just advise you think this one out a little more.

CALVIN HARRIS: Thought about it, and my mind is made up. But thanks for your time, Doc.

Following those words Calvin pushed himself up and attempted to put pressure down on that ankle. It was an instant shot of pain. Yet, he continued limping out of the office. Each step he took was done so gingerly, clearly not trying to further cause any issues. Although it seemed like the damage was already done at that point. No sooner than he had come through the door. He was met with the familiar face that was GUY with his cell phone up to his ear.

GUY: One moment, he’s here now!

CALVIN HARRIS: ... Who the hell are you talking to?

GUY: Alessandra.

CALVIN HARRIS: I swear, you want to be punched in the face sometimes. Why are you talking to my wife?!

GUY: Uh, my best friend got hurt. I felt it was my duty to inform her.

CALVIN HARRIS: Well, she can be the one that bitches your ear off right about now.

GUY: Huh?! What does that even mean?!

CALVIN HARRIS: I mean, you can be the one to tell her. I’m going to wrestle regardless of what the diagnosis was.

He found himself starting to limp away from GUY. Clearly not being as fast as he would’ve liked to be. But nevertheless he was moving along. GUY had a bit of a guilty looking expression on his face as he slowly began to bring the phone back up to his ear.

GUY: So....

Before anything else could be said on his end. GUY violently moved his head away from the phone once again as a female voice could be heard practically screaming into the phone. Coming to terms with the fact that he may have made a mistake just then. But that was something he was going to have to deal with. Meanwhile all the Highlight of the Night had to do was find someway for him to limp through this match and hope for the best in the end.