Author Topic: You Are Who You Are  (Read 3015 times)

Offline Julianna DiMaria

• View Profile
You Are Who You Are
« on: September 08, 2023, 11:55:48 PM »
September 3rd

Oner week following her win against Roxi Johnson, Julianna is not only back in San Diego, but she is also at the wrestling school she trained at under her parents… or what is left of it anyway as it was previously burned by a fire. Her eyes don’t indicate any sadness about this especially as she walks into the ruins and sits down on a metal bench that survived the fire. As she soaks in her surroundings, she is immediately remembering her training, the way she was brought up in this business and some of the advice that her father would tell her:

“You can never show signs of weakness…” she recalls hearing, though she purses her lips in disgust of that thought.

“Everyone in this business is always out to get you…” her father would repeatedly tell her all those years ago. She narrows her eyes with bitterness once she reflects on this, knowing all too well that she hasn’t fully broken away from this teaching.

“You can never be satisfied with any victory no matter who it is…” her father once taught her. “You’re only as good as your last match. You can’t bask in the glow. You embrace it in the moment and you wake up the next day and it’s onto the next…”

Julianna processes this thought, especially as it pertains to the win that she just got. If there was any joy at all from her win against Roxi, she’s definitely moved past it. Granted, when she looks into her purse and pulls out the set of brass knuckles she used, she does have a bit of a smirk on her face.

“That’ll shut her up…” Julianna says with a scoff as she still manages to find satisfaction in how she won that match. Still, this is only fleeting. Her eyes go back to narrowing with bitterness when she remembers much of what she was taught, much of it bad.

“I should’ve trained with someone else…” Julianna openly reflects. “I still remember all of the nonsense I learned here. Apparently, showing emotions and signs of weakness makes you mediocre according to my father yet, all I’ve done since I started to become the star that I’ve been is wear my heart on my sleeve. GOOD ONE DAD, always full of shit! How do you see me now? Knowing that I’ve been thriving regardless of how you basically tried to sabotage me?”

Julianna pauses and lets out a deep breath.

“This business is cruel. I’ve experienced it in my own right. I used to think that everyone was out to get me because of what I learned here. That did nothing but bring me down. I don’t believe in that anymore. But as far as never being satisfied with a win?”

Julianna shakes her head. She doesn’t necessarily believe in this, but knows that’s the one thing that she still has stuck in her brain as far as her father is concerned.

“I got that big one last week… and I admit… I barely feel a thing. I know what this means on paper but… the honest truth is… I wasn’t satisfied for long. Maybe I’d be a little happier about that win if I trained anywhere else but here…”

“Or maybe if you embraced who you are completely…” she hears the voice of someone familiar. Julianna’s eyes widen with shock seeing two old friends that abandoned her after she lost the NVR World Championship.

“Christy… Ally…” Julianna says with a snarl on her face and a raging fire in her eyes. Her former friends are quick to pick up on her anger.

“Hey Jules…” Christy says, knowing Julianna is angry.

“It’s been a while, hasn’t it?” Ally adds.

“You two… have ALL the NERVE to show back up into my life uninvited after the way you treated me more than a year and a half ago.” Julianna responds with vicious anger as she stands up to meet them in the eye. “You two were my ride or dies. You stood by me through EVERYTHING! You were with me when I was a world champion twice over and then early last year when I lost the last one I’ve held to date… it’s like I didn’t exist to you. You abandoned me at a time I needed you the most…”

“ABANDONED YOU?” Christy says with a scoff. “Girl…”

“We didn’t ‘abandon you’. Until recently, you abandoned yourself…” Ally adds, causing Julianna’s anger to boil a little more.

“Excuse me? You two are still in the Indies waiting tables as a second job. You don’t talk to me like that. I lost the title that I had and you both decided you didn’t want to be my friend anymore. You two were two of the few people I’ve ever trusted at any point in my career and suddenly, because I’m not a world champion anymore, I’m not good enough for you? Bye bitches, I have nothing to say to a couple of backstabbing BASICS that can’t even sniff a tryout on the mainstream or a contract in another country.”

“Why does it need to be this way between us? We actually came here hoping to clear the air…”

“Yeah, we’re not here to fight you. We missed you. Seriously.”

“We’ve been impressed with what you’ve been doing in Sin City Wrestling…” Christy says, causing Jullanna to let her guard down slightly. “I know it’s just three matches but…”

“You DID just beat Roxi Johnson…” Ally says with a beaming tone in her voice. “Nice way to do it too…”

“You both want these knuckles too?” Julianna asks, still bitter. “It seems like you two are just bandwagon hopping. No thank you!”

“Can’t you at least hear us out?” Christy says with an exasperated sigh.

“We didn’t mean to hurt you, honestly. We’ve always loved you. We know what we did. You can argue that we could’ve gone about things differently, but there was no getting through to you because you were just stuck on this whole ‘you’re abandoning me’ shtick.”

“What Ally was trying to say is: as your friends, we did what we thought was best for you. You’re the one that wouldn’t allow us to explain and went on this big blocking spree of our numbers, our Snapchats and everything…”

“What I remember is feeling abandoned…” Julianna says, unable to hold back any sadness at this point. “This burned down wrestling school might as well be a metaphor for our friendship.”

“We all want to repair this…” Ally says with concern. “Please Jules, just listen to our side of the story. You remember being ‘abandoned’, we remember it differently. So, can we talk about what happened?”

“YEAH…” Julianna says with heightened anger. “Let’s fucking talk about it…”

“Alright…” Christy says as she and Ally sit down on the bench. Julianna joins them.

“So… it was a few days after you lost the title…” Ally remembers, before they really discuss what happened…

“YOU’RE SUPPOSED TO BE MY FRIENDS!!!!!!!” Julianna screams at Christy and Ally in her own kitchen when she just receives some awful news. “You can’t just come into my house and tell me that you want nothing to do with me!!!!”

“Julianna, that’s not what we said…” Ally tries to reason. “You’re distraught about losing your world title and we don’t blame you…”

“But we think it’s best to give you some space for a while. It’s more than recovering from a devastating loss. It’s about remembering who you are”

“I KNOW who the FUCK I am…” Julianna snaps back at her friends, already teary eyed at this point. “I’m Julianna DIMaria, damn it! Two time world champion! The whole damn franchise of Napa Valley Wrestling! I’m who the fans voted as Wrestler of the Year! Yeah, I let them down and that hurt the shit out of me, but THIS? I’ve already had fans abandoning me and now YOU TOO? I’m supposed to be a role model for so many… including you two…”

“THAT’S the problem…” Ally says sullenly.

“NO, the problem is that two women that I’ve stuck with almost from day one since we all started training at my father’s wrestling school decide to NOT want to be associated with me anymore all because I lost a world title!”

“That’s NOT the reason why…” Christy tries to explain. “Your title loss has you lashing out in the worst way. Please, take a few deep breaths, calm down and…”

Julianna grabs Christy and pins her against the wall, pressing her forearm into her throat.

“Don’t fucking tell me to calm down.”

“Get off of her…” Ally says in a state of panic as she tries to grab Julianna.

“You need to understand…” Christy says, barely able to speak. “You DON’T know who you are.”

Julianna rears back, ready to punch her, before Ally grabs her arm and then yanks her off of Christy who coughs up some air before she comes to her senses.

“We think it’s best that we give you some space until you realize who you are. Julianna, when you made your award acceptance speech for NVR Wrestler of the Year, you jumped the shark.”

Julianna is confused at Ally’s words.

“You were talking about being inspired by the fans, how you didn’t want to let them down, and all of that stuff and Christy and I… I remember we looked at each other and we realized the same thing: that you lost your edge and that you’ve abandoned who you are.”

“Yeah, Julianna DiMaria isn’t a panderer to the fans that wants to be a role model. We know you, Jules. You’ve always had that ‘take no prisoner’ attitude…”

“Or you DID before you decided to pander to people that never appreciated you. I mean, have you read the stuff online about you? The same people kissing your ass are moving on to the next flavor of the month…”

“So basically, go back to the Barbie that my father turned me into… is that it?”

“No no… that’s not…”

“Get out…” Julianna interrupts, catching her friends by surprise.

“Julianna…”

“GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HOUSE! BACKSTABBING BITCHES!” Julianna screams, without even THINKING about what her friends are trying to tell you.

“WE’RE NOT ABANDONING YOU!” Christy yells back.

“I don’t want to see EITHER of you again! You’re DEAD to me! DONE! Go be like everyone else in the world and crawl up the ass to the next flavor of the month! You both decided to abandon me… so ABANDON ME already! I don’t know what’s worse: THIS or saying that I was better being under my dad’s mind control…”

“But that’s not what…”

“GET OUT!”

Christy and Ally look at each other and realize that their cause is hopeless. They make their way out the door as fast as they can and when Julianna has a moment alone, she lies down on the couch, grabs one of the cushions, buries her face in it and lets it all out: the tears, the emotions, the heartbreak, and the loss of confidence she was experiencing at the time. Truly, with the loss of the world title she had, her world has only begun to collapse around her…

Present Day

“Girls, I’m so sorry…” Julianna says through the tears running down her face. “I didn’t give you a chance. You were both right. Being that panderer wasn’t me.”

“You got to the top because you didn’t give a damn about what others thought…” Ally reminds her.

“The moment you started to care about what the fans thought is the moment you lost everything…” Christy adds.

“You’re right…” Julianna says while nodding. “That was so dumb of me. What was I thinking?”

“You’ve found yourself again, Jules…” Ally says with a smile. “We’ve been seeing what you’re doing in Sin City Wrestling so far and the way you talk to your opponents, the way you’ve been treating them inside of the ring, the way you have resurrected that take no prisoners attitude again…

“It’s the Julianna we met many years ago here and the Julianna we’ve both known and loved for so long. Really! You haven’t given a fuck about what anyone thinks!”

“The way you rattled Roxi Johnson going into that match is stuff of sheer brilliance… masterclass even!”

Julianna finally smiles briefly as she wipes away the tears of regret she had.

“My mother wasn’t too happy with how I treated her. I got that whole ‘you didn’t need to treat her like that’ lecture from her but… that’s my mom. I’m happy that I managed to beat Roxi, don’t get me wrong on that. But, It really was a stop along the way like I figured it would be. It was the biggest win of my run so far, but at the same time, I just can’t feel TOO happy with it. That damn father of mine teaching me to never be satisfied with a win…”

“I don’t think it’s that…” Christy counters. “Let speak the truth here. You know that there is better than Roxi on the roster and while that win is the biggest of your career, you’re not necessarily satisfied with it because the division is growing beyond her…”

“Thank GOD…” Julianna says with a scoff. “IBy the way, I’m so glad that you actually like me for who I actually am and not for all the fake pandering nonsense that I did once upon a time. It’s so freeing, you know? I know that there is a huge future ahead of me there and I might find out something REALLY big here soon about High Stakes and I think THAT is what is motivating me right now. You both know me: I won’t stop at a damn thing to ensure that I get to where I am capable of being if not even better than I was before.”

“You got THAT right…” Ally says with a laugh. “By the way… um… we’re good right?”

Julianna lets out a sigh, though this one is of relief.

“I should be the one asking both of you that considering that we fell apart because of me…”

“If we weren’t cool, we wouldn’t be trying to sort this out with you. We just waited until we knew with confidence that you had found your true self again. Besides, Ally and I should’ve approached this better. We could’ve either waited until you moved past the title loss or worded things so much better than we did.”

“We’re all responsible…” Ally adds. “But we can put it all behind us. What do you say?”

Julianna stands up and walks away from both women for a bit. Initially she doesn’t know what to think. She is still feeling the sting of them leaving her side in the first place but she understands WHY they did it and knows in her heart the extent of her culpability for the whole thing. She won’t admit it to anyone else publicly, but she knows that if she didn’t abandon who she was in the first place, she would’ve never fallen out with her friends whatsoever. She turns back to them and takes a deep breath.

“Let’s put it behind us…” she says as she approaches them both at the bench and an embrace is exchanged with each of them.

“I’m SO glad this place burned down…” Christy says with a laugh.

“Me too… oh my god…” Ally adds.

“You two have done so much better without my father as well I bet…”

Julianna and her newly reunited friends take a tour of the charred remains of what was once her father’s wrestling school. For Julianna personally, this reunion, on top of her recent victory, truly showcase just how good things are becoming for her as of late.

September 8th

Julianna has the camera on as she is at a small party venue in Los Angeles, surrounded with balloons and streamers with an overhead banner saying “CONGRATULATIONS BEA!”

There is even a plan, vanilla cake with absolutely no icing or frosting on it. Julianna stands by the cake, ready to express her thoughts.

“CONGRATULATIONS BEA!” Julianna says with a laugh. “You’re about to make history! You’re about to become the rare breed of Bombshell that is truly about to join a prestigious club… if you’re not the founder of it…

The FIFTY LOSS CLUB!

Look, I understand that on any given Sunday, anything in SCW can happen. Hell, you even scraped up two wins over Alexandra Callaway earlier in the year. But, considering the victory I am coming off of? Considering that I am NOT about to let my guard down… not NOW… not against YOU… I’ve got everything going my way and everything in my power to ASSURE that I am NOT going to lose to you this Sunday. As a matter of fact, I have to say that I am insulted. I am no Roxi fan, I have made that VERY clear, but to go from someone like her to someone like you? Yeah, that IS an insult Bea. Because one only has to go through how PATHETIC your history is. After all, you’ve been in SCW since December of 2019… nearly four years. And in that span, you’ve won like what? Thirteen matches? How the FUCK are you STILL on the roster when you’ve only been averaging like three to four wins a year? It’s almost as if I am facing Dawn Warren again like I did in my debut, but at least Dawn was a puppy that knew how to bite.

You Bea? The kind of dog you are? You’re the kind of dog that has lived on for too long. You are literally the EPITOME of futility. Recently, you had a chance to gain a Roulette Championship shot against Jessie Salco… AGAIN… against Alexandra Calloway and Seleana Zdunich… someone you fluked your way to a win against twice… and one of the few Bombshells on the roster you are capable of beating… never mind the fact that Seleana has beaten you like five times. Basically, this was as easy as it could be for you… and you STILL blew it! But that’s your story, isn’t it, Bea? All bark? No bite? You’ve been here HOW long and you’ve won HOW many singles titles? How many times have you been gifted a title shot only to blow it? It DISGUSTS ME… that someone like you… who doesn’t evolve at ALL, who is still the same BITCH that she was when she first came here… STILL continues to be handed opportunities without earning them even though she’s been the biggest perennial loser this side of Jessie Salco when she went through that phase of her career and me? Look, I’ve only been in three matches here. I get that.

But what’s my opportunity going to be?

You can make a case that I deserve an Internet title shot. After all, in my debut I DID beat the then-previous challenger in Dawn Warren and in my second match here, I beat the woman that is… ONLY because of some STUPID Queen of the Day tradition… challenging for that title instead of me. In fact, when you consider that Laura was the most recent challenger to the Roulette Championship when I beat her, You can argue that I deserve that shot more than YOU did a few weeks back. But… at Violent Conduct, I wasn’t in a contender’s situation for either title was I? Whereas someone like YOU… I swear, anyone facing you in a contender’s match might as well have a BYE to a title match and effectively, that’s what Alexandra Calloway had.

But see, the saddest thing about you? It’s not even all the opportunities you’ve blown.

It’s that despite the fact that you have more than three times as many losses as wins, you STILL think you’re worth whatever the fuck this company is paying you… which I hope to god isn’t that much considering you’ve been a wasted investment on their part. No seriously… you shrug off losses like they don’t even matter and that’s why you stay stuck in the mud and don’t improve at all and someone like YOU, in that regard, makes me sick. You’ve talked shit so many times yet you almost never back it up. In fact, you’re so delusional about yourself that you can’t even see that you’re EXACTLY what you have accused other Bombshells of…

For instance…

When you said that Ariana Angelos proves that talk is cheap…

HA! Look in the mirror, idiot! I have lost count of the violent threats you’ve made toward others in your own promos and how nine times out of ten, you’re the one that eats the loss on the end.  Hell, maybe you want to get some psychiatric care for how delusional you are. I mean, you’ve gone on the record many times saying that you’ve proven yourself in the ring.

HOW, Bea? How is it that someone like you who is about to suffer their fiftieth loss… who has been SO piss poor that of the five supercards SCW has had this year, you’ve only been on TWO of them… has actually proven herself in the ring? By being a former Mixed Tag Team Champion that your husband effectively carried in the first place? Didn’t you lose those belts in your first defense anyway? What? Does beating Alexandra with Bobbie Dahl’s help prove that? Or hell, maybe all the title opportunities you’ve ever fucked up does that. I REALLY don’t know. I have never been YOU, Bea… and thank FUCK for that because if I were ever you… in your situation, with THAT record? I’d realize that I’m just not cut out for this and retire.

You want to act like you’re the biggest bitch on the block, DENYING that what WHO you really are is someone that has given it her best efforts in that ring only to prove time and time again that despite her best efforts, she’s never really been THAT good… if she was ever good at all. You ARE who you are Bea…

You’ll never be the biggest bitch on the block…

You’re probably never going to be a solo champion in SCW….

You’re damn sure never going to be a main event player in the Bombshells division… I mean sheesh, how many Bombshells that have joined this roster after you, back in December 2019, have passed you by and won a singles championship? Like 10? Let’s see… Krystal, Ariana, Kayla, Myra, Aleesha, Masque, Melissa, Alexandra… oh and that last one DEFINITELY speaks volumes about you in the worst way… Amber was another… Kat Jones… yeah, that’s at LEAST 10 right there. I wouldn’t be shocked if there were even more than that. You have had PLENTY of time to PROVE a damn thing and all you have been able to prove is that you are little more than your husband’s arm candy. At least he’s won some singles titles here. You?

At WHAT point do you realize that YOU ARE WHO YOU ARE as a professional wrestler and that the only thing you are good at as far as this company is concerned is just being Bill’s manager? I’mnot saying you’re special or that you’re THE only perennial loser in this business. I mean, not EVERYONE can be a main eventer. Not EVERYONE can win a singles championship. Not EVERYONE can be good enough to win half or even a third of their matches. SOME people are just meant to be the bottom of the barrel… or I suppose in your case, some people are meant to be the proverbial gatekeeper of this damn division. And it’s OKAY, Bea… if that’s what makes you a good living, then so be it. If you’re HAPPY with being the gatekeeper that people run up the score on as you’ve been for nearly four years, then who am I to stop you from such a piss poor destiny?

You’ve peaked as a professional wrestler, let me be brutally honest about that. And that peak? It might as well have been the size of an anthill.

‘BUT I’VE BEATEN THE CURRENT ROULETTE CHAMPION TWICE…” you say. “I BEAT HER BY SUBMISSION!” You even dated your wins against her too and… I REALLY think you’re fucking GONE in the head, Bea. As if your delusional bullshit wasn’t bad enough, I HAPPENED to look back at the footage and the first time you beat Alexandra, Luna Vanity distracted her! You couldn’t even win on your own! Luna distracted her and you took advantage… by winning with a ROLL UP PIN! You said going into that triple threat that you beat her on April 9th by SUBMISSION… when you DIDN’T. If you’re that DENSE that you can’t even remember HOW you won a match, then I KNOW that you will have NO idea how to handle someone like me coming off a win against Roxi Johnson. Granted, yes the second time you beat her by submission… but again, you couldn’t do it on your own. Bobbie created a distraction with her own music. You took advantage of it. So tell me, Bea. When was the last fucking time you actually won a match on your own and not because of other people’s distractions? I’m WAITING…

Come on bitch, lay it on me.

Can you even NAME your last win without help from anyone else including your own husband? I bet you can’t. I don’t think ANYONE can and that speaks volumes about you in the WORST way. By the way, in that triple threat match that you had? Oh you bragged all night long about how you submitted Alexandra twice… even though it was really just ONCE… and what did all of that bragging get you? Oh wait… yet another loss in a championship contender’s situation as if losing those mixed tag title opportunities with Bill wasn’t bad enough and it’s that kind of futility that really makes me misunderstand why you even continue to get opportunities at championships when you’ve shown no signs of improvement over nearly four years of being on this roster.

Who won that triple threat? Oh right, Alexandra did.

Who got pinned? OH… WAIT… that was YOU!

What a SHOCK! NOT!

And unlike when YOU had assistance BOTH times you won against her, Alexandra had no help at all in beating you so that, to me, says that if it wasn’t for the likes of Luna or Bobbie distracting her, she would’ve beaten you those two other times as well. Yet, you want to act like you deserve this, you deserve that, and that you’ve actually proven anything? Because in the grand scheme of things, despite your denial and despite your delusion, as far as anything POSITIVE in your Sin City Career goes, you haven’t proven a damn thing. Your biggest problem as far as your career is concerned is that you have more desire to hold a championship than you have a desire to improve in any possible way and you think that winning any championship at all is going to erase whatever stigma is already attached to your bullshit!

You can’t win a championship without improving. I know. I’ve been there. Hell, putting everything the way I’ve put it so far, I think I feel even MORE insulted going from Roxi to you. Still, at the end of the day? After Violent Conduct? I can already say that I’ve proven myself more in this company than you have proven yourself in your own right. As much as I can’t stand Roxi and all, I will even say that you’re not good enough to beat her even on HER worst day. I KNOW going into this match, that after my win at Violent Conduct, I AM about to be noticed in this company. You on the other hand? After I beat you? You can go back to doing the same rinse, lather, repeat shit you do every single promo where you talk about how losing doesn’t bother you, yet you take potshots at people that bash you for your record here, or whether you result to name calling like you’re still in high school, or talk about how you’ll win because you’re taller than the other girl or weigh more than the other girl, make these empty threats about kicking someone’s ass, bring in your cheap, hired, media correspondents to talk to because you have no friends on this roster, or bring out your Metaphor of the Week with your garbage, Saturday Night Live style auditions that have people laughing AT you, not WITH you…

Have I checked off all the boxes yet?”

Julianna pauses and winks before wrapping things up.

“Because this Sunday, it’s a clash of someone that HAS evolved over the years she’s been in this business and KNOWS how to be REAL and KNOWS who she is… and someone that REFUSES to evolve or change or do anything different and who can’t accept the fact that when it comes to being in the upper echelon of this company as she BADLY wants to be… that she just can’t fucking cut it. So for ONCE, on Sunday, you have something to celebrate Bea…

Not a win…

Not a championship…

But your LANDMARK 50th loss in SCW, a futility that few… if ANY… has ever seen in this company’s history!

DJ, hit the music…”

Julianna scoffs as she shoves the plain cake onto the ground and walks away while the DJ in the party venue plays “You’re PItiful” by Weird Al Yankovic. Julianna walks up to the camera, has one last laugh, and then shuts it off feeling pretty damn good about her chances of winning come Sunday night against the literal Groundhog’s Day of the Bombshells Division.