Author Topic: When Two Alpha's Fight  (Read 533 times)

Offline Mac

• View Profile
When Two Alpha's Fight
« on: April 30, 2021, 04:56:55 PM »
OOC - Thank you for all of you who showed support for myself and my family last week. I really appreciated the support and understanding.

When Two Alpha’s Meet Part 1
In-Studio
/Scene Opens\

I had started the camera recording, as I stared out the small window. Leaning against the rib high window sill, I smile as I think about the matchup with Fenris. The invading rays of sunlight bathe my face, causing my smile to broaden. When the match had been teased on social media, I won’t lie, I was instantly stoked. Because although the new kid had  gotting a non-title shot against Jack Washington. I got to fight “The White Wolf” Fenris. That meant almost as much to me as the title match I had coming up at “Into The Void X”. I allow the smile to fade as I turn and face the camera.

The White Wolf and The Outlaw go head to head for the first time ever. There’s a lot to like about this match. That young man thinks he’s a stud, and maybe he is. I mean if you look at it, he’s beaten everyone there is to beat here in Sin City, hasn’t he? He is without a doubt one of the toughest kids I’ve ever seen compete. When I call you kid, it’s not intended as an insult, it’s just relative to what I’m talking about going forward. You are one of the few people here I have any respect for at all.

Still leaning against the window sill with my elbows bearing the wait, I allow the smile to return.

I mean, if it were otherwise, I would never have offered to watch your back. I see everything Fenris. I watch and rewatch our weekly show for things the camera might pick up that the naked eye might not. Your war with Mercer for example. Not many people in this business put family first anymore. Another reason I have far more respect for you than most anyone else on this roster.

I look back over my shoulder at the wall where pictures of my family hang. Pictures of Amber with my kids, all grown, but still you can see how close they are. Amber is not their mom but they don’t treat her as if she’s not. My boys, both decorated champions and my daughter. The crown jewel of the family, thankfully she didn’t choose wrestling as her future.

I enjoyed the kidding on social media, it genuinely made me laugh. In all seriousness though, if you think that our match is going to go like that. You’ve made your first mistake around the rules of engagement with me. Whether you’ve underestimated me or overestimated your own ability remains to be seen. You’re still young though, I would say that you’re full of piss and vinegar. The exchange on social media makes me think that you’re just full of yourself.

Now fully turned around, still leaning on the window sill I smirk at the camera.

Maybe we are not so different after all. I was like that at your age myself. When you’re good at something, there’s no fault in that. Obviously our backgrounds are very different. Where we grew up, how we were raised, who we were raised by. All of that contributes to who we are as human beings. At the end of the day though, and this is what I meant by maybe we’re not so different. Your love for your family, your passion for this business and your dedication to your craft. It’s all very admirable and I see a man who’s worthy of my respect.

The feed cuts and blackness falls on the screen.

Fade.

A very different kind of fight
Las Vegas, NV
/Scene Opens\

I had served my country faithfully as a member of “The Fighting Seabees”, the plight of veterans was present no matter where I lived or worked. The fight was real and it was harder and tougher than most men or women I had faced in a wrestling ring. On any given night, there were as many as six hundred veterans that were homeless and living on the streets of this city. When I wasn’t training for my upcoming fight with Fenris or spending time with the love of my life, you could count on me being at one of the shelters. I could do a lot of good here and I knew that, much like we had done in Baltimore. This was different though, I had plenty of help in Baltimore, I was kind of on my own here. I could have drug Amber down here, but she was pretty busy herself. Doing this, every chance I get, was one of my passions. A lot of these men and women were abandoned by their country. At least that’s what they believed. It was part of what I do, to educate them and explain the process of how to get back on a positive track.

“Hey Chief”, I greeted my favorite among the veterans. He was retired, homeless and pissy most of the time. He smiled and waved at me as he approached the serving line. “What’s good Mac?”, he asked me. I quickly looked over my shoulder and seeing the kitchen supervisor wasn’t looking, I added an extra piece of meatloaf. “This meatloaf is Chief Parsons, cookie did great today on it. I slide his tray back to him and he picks it up, slyly palming the twenty dollar bill that I put beneath the tray. Parsons, although pissy most days, was a kindly old man who had started to recover. He was on a waiting list for housing and I’d gotten Sin City to at least allow him to work some house shows in our concessions.

“Mister Bane, you know what he’s gonna spend that money on, don’t ya?”, came the question from the lady that stood next to me in the serving line. I looked at her, smiling, I responded, “Yes I do, he’s going to spend it on his cell phone bill, Miss Klein.” she snorts, shaking her head, “he’s an addict Mac, he told you that was what he was gonna do?”. I shrug, “That’s our gentlemen’s agreement. If I find out different, it’s a violation of our agreement.”. I watched as Parson’s sat and ate his meal quietly, wearing a short sleeve shirt today, showed no signs of track marks or any of the tell-tale signs of addiction. Still though, I would do what I always did at the end of the day. I would follow the Chief for a bit. He wasn’t the only vet I kept tabs on though. There were others that only came in during certain days of the week.

Miss Klein laid a hand on my shoulder, “Mac, you’re a good man. All of us that work on this line, we know what you do every time you come here. Despite what you present to people on television, it's easy to see who you really are.” I chuckled a little, “Now, Miss Klein, you talk to me like you know me. I care about these folks, no one should ever be homeless. Whether a person serves their country or not, shouldn’t ever happen in one of the wealthiest countries in the world.” I was preaching to the choir and I knew it, she and the others had been working in the shelter for many years. The shelter wasn’t closing for the day but I knew the Chief would be leaving soon. “Miss Klein?”, I said to her. “You’re welcome Mr. Bane.”, she beamed at me. Again, she made me chuckle. I took the apron off as I made my way to exit the kitchen slash serving area and placed it in the laundry bin nearby.

As if on command, the Chief placed his tray in the scullery pick up area and made his way out the door. I gave him about a five second lead on me, before I exited the building myself. When I stepped out onto the sidewalk Chief Parsons was waiting on me. I smiled and nodded as I headed to the corner of the building. I went around the corner where my truck was parked. I stopped where I usually do, digging my zippo out of my jeans pocket. Then I dug my cigarettes out of the left pocket of my t-shirt. Taking one out of the hard pack, a quick thumb motion to light my cigarette and then Chief comes around the corner as well. “I figured you’d be on your way home by now Mac.”, he said to me as he leaned up against the brick wall about three feet from me. I scratched my beard with my free hand and smiled. “Well Chief, I figured I’d have a smoke before I headed on home.” His phone began ringing and he dug his phone out and answered it. “Yeah, this is Parsons.”, someone on the other end must have delivered some good news as I see his smile.

“I’ll be damned.”, was all he said as the call ended. He pushed the phone back down in the front pocket of his ragged old jeans. “Good news?’, I asked him. “I got approved, Mac. Just like you said I would if I just tried.”, now the tears began to flow for the old fella. I reached out to give him a congratulatory handshake but he knocked my hand away and grabbed me in a rough embrace. Through the tears he managed to finally get out, “I’m not homeless anymore Mac.”

Fade.

When Two Alpha’s Meet Part 2
In-Studio
/Scene Opens\

Fenris and I could go back and forth about accomplishments, both here and elsewhere but that’s just bragging and it really doesn’t address our match. Our match is special to a lot of people. I know that Christian Underwood has been wanting to book this match for a long while now. Why is that though? Just my opinion and I haven’t asked him about why. I know a while back he took to social media and made the proclamation that he believed that I was a future world champion in Sin City Wrestling.

Then I left, for reasons of my own after winning the Routlett Title. I know that rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, especially when I was invited back to participate in the “Blast from the Past” tournament for a shot at the world champion. There was a lot of noise made during the tournament about that, the thing is this. A lion never concerns himself with the opinions of sheep. That being said, I’m still not concerned with whether anyone fucking likes it or not. I made it to the finals only to lose to Cross. Unlike when O’Mally got his ass whipped by Jack Washington, I didn’t take to social media and cry like a bitch. I toasted him on his victory and wished him well. It’s called integrity, you should probably google that shit sometime, O’Malley.

That brings us to today and my match with Fenris. When you say that someone has the potential to be a world champion in Sin City, why wouldn’t you book them against someone who has long been lauded as one of the very best in this company. A former champion himself and a guy who is respected by many and feared by many others. Rightly so, I might add. The young man has all the tools and he’s proved it against all in this company. Our respect appears to be mutual and my offer, regardless of this match still stands. If you ever need someone to watch your back, just let me know. There are not many in this company that I consider worthy of my respect. You fight for all the right reasons, and that’s enough for me.

Don’t make the mistake that some other people in my past have made though. Don’t misinterpret my respect for you as a professional as a weakness. If anyone thinks for a moment that I’m looking past Fenris to my match at the supercard, another assumption that would prove foolish. I never look past my opponents, I focus on each match, they all matter and they are all important to me. I never take my opponents words personally, I take each match I’m in personally. I not only represent myself in each match, and I’ve never looked at it that way. I represent my family, this company and this industry. Those things all matter to me, and if they don’t to others, well that’s on them.

This is not just a pay day to me, I was born into this business and I’ve lived and breathed it ever since. As much as people don’t like wrestling families, that is a part of who I am and I’m proud of that fact. Yes, I’m a second generation wrestler, and I’ve raised another generation of them. So when I say I represent so much more than myself when I enter that ring with The White Wolf, you can take that as the gospel. When I tell you, Fenris, that you will get every ounce of who I am as a professional and as a man, you can take that as the gospel. If anyone sticks their nose in this match, you can rest assured that you will be treated appropriately. You can, yes you guessed it, also take that as the gospel.

The White Wolf and The Outlaw, first time ever. By far my biggest match in Sin City to date. So, what happens when two alpha’s meet? A match that will be remembered as one of the best that Sin City has ever seen. That’s what. Fenris, me and you...this is going to be fucking epic.