Author Topic: Season Of The Witch  (Read 443 times)

Offline Griffin Hawkins

• View Profile
    • Griffin Hawkins
Season Of The Witch
« on: July 03, 2020, 11:36:27 PM »
 ~Many Years Ago~

It had been a while since I had been home. For the last few years I was on my own...doing things my own way, not listening to anybody but myself. But one particular moment got to me. As I was walking around the mall, I saw a kid going into a Toys R Us..his parents bought him a nice new bicycle. The little kid hugged his mother and father...

it really made me miss my own family.

Christmas was coming up...every year I'd spend it with the guys at the bar, or finding a ring rat at a show and having my own brand of holiday cheer. But I wanted this year to be different. This Christmas...I wanted to come home.

But there was one problem.

Myself and my Dad...didn't part on good terms. In fact, last time I saw him he told me never to come back until i've made something of myself. Not sure if this is what he had in mind...but it was Christmas, a time where family comes together and put the bad aside and focus on celebrating the holidays. And so, I swallowed my pride and decided it was time to come home. I showed up at the old house..knocking on the door. Soon it opened and I was greeted by Charles.

Charles Hawkins: Little bro! Hey!

The two of us hugged...I was really glad he held no ill will over what happened.

Griffin Hawkins: Is everyone here?

Charles Hawkins: Well, Dad's not here yet, but Wendi is in the living room.

He leads me in where Wendi is on the couch watching TV.

Charles Hawkins: Hey...look who's here!

I see Wendi's jaw drop with happiness, she runs off the couch and gives me a hug.

Wendi Hawkins: Oh my God, I've missed you so much!

Griffin Hawkins: I've missed you too..more than you know.

She parts and looks at me differently.

Wendi Hawkins: Oh wow..your hair is so long! You really need to cut it..people will think you're my sister.

I can't help but laugh, she has not changed a bit.

Griffin Hawkins: Oh yeah..I've definitely missed this.

Wendi Hawkins: How have you been? Whats been going on?

Griffin Hawkins: We'll catch up a little bit later, is Mom around?

Wendi Hawkins: She's in the kitchen preparing the dinner.

I nod to her and go to the kitchen where she's stuffing the Turkey. She hasn't noticed me yet.

Griffin Hawkins: Hey Mom...

She looks to me, a smile coming across my face.

Patricia Hawkins: Griffin..you made it!

Griffin Hawkins: I didn't want our last parting to be me in a hospital...I figured it's been a while since I've had a family dinner.

Patricia Hawkins: You are always welcome in our home.

That made me happy to hear..Dad unfortunately didn't feel the same way.

Griffin Hawkins: ....What about Dad?

Patricia Hawkins: Well...it looks like we're going to have to have Christmas Dinner without your Father this year. He has an important client to make a deal with, he says it can make or break his career.

This wasn't really surprising..he often put work ahead of his family. Its as if work was first..family second. We found that out as we had many Christmases without him.

Griffin Hawkins: I understand.

Patricia Hawkins: I'm just glad that you're with us, the table hasn't been the same without you. While you're here, you can help out with dinner.

Griffin Hawkins: I missed you all too, more than words can say.

She smiles as she tends to the Christmas Turkey, putting it in the oven.

Griffin Hawkins: Also..I know back then I wasn't easy to deal with..one thing led to another and...Dad thought it would be best if I was banished from the house.

Patricia Hawkins: I hope you know that I didn't agree with what he did. You were having problems..but throwing you out when you still just a teenager was not the answer.

Griffin Hawkins: I'm glad you agree.

Patricia Hawkins: But what were you going through Griffin? What drove you to this?

I take a deep breath and explain it to her..not knowing what she would say.

Griffin Hawkins: I was going through things in life nobody around me understood. I wanted to be myself..but everywhere I turn, Dad was there to snuff it out. He wanted me to take over the Hotel business when you and him retire...I didn't want that, that's not the life for me. Everything I wanted to do and enjoy, he was there to put a stop to it..soon I feel into the wrong crowd and they introduced me to things I regret trying...when they found marijuana in my locker at school, I got expelled...and Dad....he felt that I embarrassed the family for the last time and told me to pack my things and get out of the house..

Patricia Hawkins: Oh..baby I am so sorry. I only want what's best for you..if you didn't want to take over the business when you grew up, you didn't have to. As long as you are happy with what you want to do, that's all that matters.

Griffin Hawkins: I wish Dad felt the same way..

Patricia Hawkins: I did too...I wanted you to go into a rehab facility to get clean, but he was too concerned with the family image..like..how would that make us look if one of our children has a drug problem? If you still have..urges..I can get you in contact with one.

Griffin Hawkins: Well...my girlfriend died recently from a heroin overdose, and after the holidays, my friend is getting me in touch with this rehab clinic that she thinks will help me.

Patricia Hawkins: That is great news. At least you'll have a nice Christmas Dinner with your family before you go.

Griffin Hawkins: You still making those candied yams that I loved when I was little?

A smile comes across her face as she puts her hand on my cheek.

Patricia Hawkins: Of course sweetie, I never stopped fixing them.

It felt good to be with my family again. I continued to help my Mom in the kitchen..knowing no matter what happens from here on..I will always have my family with me.

-----------------------------------------------

I hated this plan....I really REALLY hated it. Marquis and Gideon pretty much decided to use live bait to catch some cultists...and volunteered me.

this was not going to go well.

I sat in the van on that night in the back of the van as Marquis was driving and Gideon was on the passenger's side. I was just just thinking on what could possibly happen. I felt more like I was being led to an execution...I almost asked for a last meal. Gideon looked over and smiled at me in a way that made me want to punch his lights out.

Gideon Blackwell: So rock star, you ready to earn your keep tonight?

I didn't even want to look at him..he knew for sure I was hating this.

Griffin Hawkins: Fuck..you.

Gideon Blackwell: Oooh..someones got their rude head on tonight.

Griffin Hawkins: You're really enjoying this aren't you? I'm gonna get killed and you think it's a joke.

Marquis Laveaux: Griffin, you're not going to get killed. We'd never let that happen to you.

Gideon Blackwell: Well of course not you Prince Charming...me on the other hand..weeelll...

Marquis Laveaux: You're not exactly helping you know.

Gideon Blackwell: I was supposed to help?..

Griffin Hawkins: Can we focus here please? I don't like the idea of being used as a decoy for those sick freaks out there.

Gideon Blackwell: Think of it like this Hawkins..to catch a rat, you need a big piece of cheese..

Griffin Hawkins: Uh huh...yeah. So how long until the cat comes to claim the rat?

Marquis Laveaux: We will be very close by. The minute they show their faces, we'll be on them.

Griffin Hawkins: Are you absolutely sure this will work?

Marquis Laveaux: Trust me..

Griffin Hawkins: So...what exactly are you going to do with one of these guys when you catch them?

Gideon Blackwell: You leave that to us.

Soon we came to the park...I got out of the van and waited right in the center, sitting on one of the benches. They remained out of sight as I was waiting for what seemed to be an eternity. My heart was beating fast, not knowing what was going to happen.

Griffin Hawkins: What did I get myself into?

I waited and waited, I was ready to get up and head back to the van..but in the dark I saw a figure. He was dressed in all black as he was coming towards the bench.  I quickly get up, backing away from the man..it was so dark I couldn't see his face.

Griffin Hawkins: Hey pal..you really should keep your distance, I'm warning you.

He continued to walk towards me, pulling out what looks to be a small switchblade. I was ready to defend myself until out of nowhere, the man gets tackled to the ground by Gideon.

Gideon Blackwell: Get the bag!

Marquis shows up, putting what looks to be a long black bag over the man, covering him from his head to his waist. Gideon looks to my direction.

Gideon Blackwell: Is he the only one here?

Griffin Hawkins: Yeah, I've only seen him and that's it.

Gideon Blackwell: Good, lets get him out of here!

He picks the man up who struggles to try and get free. I then grab him and help Marquis rush with him to the van, shoving him in the back as we get in and drive off. Phase 1 was complete...now phase 2 was on...

--------------------------------------------------------------

~Sometime later~

We then bring in the unfortunate soul to Mausoleum. We load him into the chair. Marquis and Gideon glaring down at him. Gideon takes off the sack, revealing it to be a young man in his early 20s...doesn't even look like he could harm a fly..but he did indeed attack me. Gideon looks down at him.

Gideon Blackwell: You're not dreaming kid...you're actually in a Mausoleum. Course this could be your new home if  you don't spill the beans.

Darren Wilson: Please..please don't kill me...

I don't know why, but I actually felt sympathy for this little maggot. I look over to him, looking down at him.

Griffin Hawkins: Listen junior, this could go in many ways. One..you talk, you tell us what we want to know, and we'll let you go free. Two..you don't talk...and well, my friends here will do things to you that will make you wish you didn't join this little sorority in the first place.

With that, Marquis delivered a hard right punch, sending the young man nearly out of his chair. He then picks him up.

Marquis Laveaux: Now you gonna tell us what we want to hear?

Darren Wilson: Please...I'm just a slave...I know nothing..

Gideon Blackwell: You're not gonna know anything in a minute now talk!

Darren Wilson: I can't..they'll kill me if I even speak about them...

Marquis Laveaux: If you don't speak, we'll kill you.

He roughly shoves him back in the chair.

Griffin Hawkins: Whats your name kid?

Darren Wilson: ...Darren...Darren Wilson..

Griffin Hawkins: Darren..whats a nice guy like you doing getting involved with people like this? Are you aware of the shit they've done in the old days? They've raided villages, killed men..women..children even..all in the name of their master. Do you REALLY believe in this kind of thing?...

He looks to say something, but turns away. Gideon then gives him a hard slap across the face out of nowhere.

Gideon Blackwell: The man asked you a bloody question!

Darren Wilson: I only joined a week ago! I don't really know much of anything I swear!

Marquis then grabbed the young man by the throat, a glint of rage in his eyes. I had never seen him in this state of mind, ever.

Marquis Laveaux: You listen and listen to me now! People are going to die if this cult gets any bigger than it is. People will fall under the ruin of your boss..whoever he is..and every drop of blood will be on YOUR hands! You have a chance to do something decent for once in your miserable life and tell us what you know..the next words better be about the cult, or you're going to be in for the most painful experience in your damn life, now talk!

Darren Wilson: Clancy Foster!

Griffin Hawkins: Who the hell is Clancy Foster?...

Darren Wilson: He's the one who put this together! That's all I know!

Gideon Blackwell: Whats he look like?

Darren Wilson: Short hair...wears a suit..that's all I know...please let me go!

Marquis lets him go.

Marquis Laveaux: Let your boss know that he and his horde are going down..Gideon, get him out of here.

Gideon put the bag back over him as he roughly led him out.

Gideon Blackwell: Right this way good sir!

I could hear him push him back in the van and drive off, leaving me alone with Marquis.

Griffin Hawkins: Well, we got a name.

Marquis Laveaux: Yeah..but we don't know who he is.

Griffin Hawkins: I can always go home and do some digging on the name Clancy Foster..I happen to be pretty handy with a computer.

Marquis Laveaux: When Gideon gets back, we'll give you a lift home.

Griffin Hawkins: I just want this all to be over..

Marquis Laveaux: Don't worry, soon enough it will be...I hope.

I too hoped we could finally put this issue to an end. At least we got a name in all this..but who was he?..after Gideon took me home, I went to bed...wondering what was going to come next.

------------------------------------------------

Cameras come to the locker room as I sit Indian style, candles lit up around me as I am dressed in black leather pants and a Black Sabbath shirt. I have my head down as I begin to speak.

"It's been said...whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss..the abyss will gaze back into you. For the better part of my career I have fought monsters...inside the ring, and the ones outside the ring in the form of my own demons. I have one on my back right now called doubt..doubt that people believe that I'll ever become a World Champion. But this isn't the first time I have slain this monster...won't be the last. But as I fight this monster, I got another one staring me right in the face in the form of Kedron Williams, one of the most imposing intimidating figures in Sin City Wrestling. He also holds a belt that I used to hold..the Roulette Title. And while this belt is not on the line...it gives me momentum going into Summer XXXtreme, should I be victorious."

I take in the dark surroundings, almost feeling at home.

"It seems we meet again Kedron...I'm sure you remember before. To anyone who's probably forgotten. Kedron was my first opponent back when I returned to Sin City Wrestling. And on that night I was victorious. But how long has it been since then? Over a Year? A lot has happened since then. I went on to have a dominant reign as Roulette Champion, becoming the longest reigning champion in history...and you went on to ironically capture that very title. A lot has changed...while you're looking to be one of the best Roulette Champions of all time, I'm on the road to the World Heavyweight Title..facing whoever is Champion at Summer XXXtreme. But something tells me that you are looking to even the score to 1 and 1...and its possible you can. Because I know for a fact that you are a formidable opponent. I've been in the ring with you and you brought it. You've come really far since we've last faced off, holding the second most important title in SCW..a title I have held and defended. I wish you good luck on your reign..but on this night, it's not about the title. It's about which one of us has momentum going into Summer XXXtreme."

I remain in the circle...not even moving.

"There is one thing you have done that I never did Kedron..and that is beat Jack Russow for that very title. And like you I am disappointed in him. For a man who claims he took the torch from me, he sure bailed on the company really fast the minute he lost that title to you on his first ever defense. But here's the thing Kedron...I'm not Jack. I'm not some overgrown man child with daddy issues who needs his 500 brothers and sisters to prop him up. I'm not some whiny little kid who is doing promos while being screamed at by his Mother. What I am is someone who's going to lay everything on the table. Someone to give you the challenge that you have been looking for."

Kedron was an odd fellow, but he knew his shit. I had already shared the ring with him before and he was someone I somehow managed to defeat.

"See, the King..or whatever he is booked us in a match and all he did was bury us in the preview saying we're the King of Silly Shit or whatever it is he thought was funny at the time. He may not see this as a big a match..but I do. For I am in the ring with a man who has indeed stepped up his game and is looking to defend his title against all comers. And while I would find it cool to beat the current Roulette Champion, I got no desires for your gold. But I fight every match like its the most important match of my career..and I can't afford to sleep on you in my road to the World Title. So while I consider you a friend..sorta...I have to do what I have to do by going through you."

I clench my fists..not knowing or not what the outcome will be.

"Weeks ago you asked...why do people chase Championships? What is the importance of a title? Why do people kill eachother in that ring just to go home with a title in their arms? Well..I'll answer that. The belt you hold...has history attached to it. Many greats have held that very...trinket...as you call it. I'm not talking about just me, I'm talking about men such as Goth...Drake Green...J2H..Thatcher..Lord Raab...even your very own comrade Ben Jordan. They all had desires of going for that title, and anytime they won it..they fought to defend it against anybody and everybody who wanted an opportunity. Do you have that same desire Kedron? What if this was a title match..would you take it seriously knowing that everything you have worked for hangs in the balance? Time will tell if you'll make a good champion..but until that happens, I'm fighting this match..knowing that I'm in the ring with a Champion."

I slowly rise up, standing on my feet.

"While it is nice that you have a soul...many wonder if your killer instinct is still there? Does the flame still burn bright within you? Mine has never faded whatsoever. And with an opponent like you...I look very forward to testing my skills against you once again to see if you have learned from your last battle. You are indeed an intimidating sight Mr.Williams. You come from a place of darkness, a place many mortal men fear to tread. But I am someone who has risen up from his own personal darkness...and in that time I have learned to fight my fear. I have seen the demon's face..I have heard of her death place. I fall down on my knees in praise of the horrible things that took her away. A long time ago I got a wake up call to fight...or it would be me in her place, dead from addictions. The battle is coming Kedron...and I am ready."

I step through the candles.

"You were my first opponent back...and now once again I have to destroy you with my own hands. I know for a fact that you'll make a much better champion than the previous owner who held that very title...but you are standing in the way of me and immortality. Your friend holds the most important belt that everyone in our locker room would give our right arm for...and crushing his brother in arms would indeed be a great way to send him a message. But don't think I am overlooking you just because I hold a victory over you Kedron..because I take you VERY seriously...every man in that locker room is a threat to me...I may meet the same people when I become World Champion..maybe we will meet a third time one day...but on this day....somebody's gonna get.......Gothed."

I give a wink to the camera and walk past the cameras, leaving the locker room as they turn off everything.
user posted image

Accomplishments
Internet Champion(Final)
2017 Future Star Of The Year
Roulette Champion(x2)