Author Topic: Hit The Target  (Read 443 times)

Offline Griffin Hawkins

• View Profile
    • Griffin Hawkins
Hit The Target
« on: May 15, 2020, 11:43:23 PM »
  The last thing I want is to be woken up in the middle of the night. I hate being woken up for any reason whatsoever. If I don't get my beauty sleep...I'm not exactly fun to deal with. You'd think that would be enough for people to leave me be..

...not all people.

Me and Taylor are asleep, 2:00 in the morning...my arm is around her as she's in deep sleep. Just then...my slumber is interrupted by my ringtone to the sound of "Enter Sandman". I look over and see my cell phone is ringing, not even looking at the caller ID, I answer in between yawning.

Griffin Hawkins: Yeah?....

Marquis Laveaux: Hey...you awake?

Griffin Hawkins: I am now, thanks to you...can't this wait till tomorrow?

Marquis Laveaux: I can't wait till tomorrow, I need a place for you to meet me...

Griffin Hawkins: Why can't I just come to your house?...

Marquis Laveaux: I almost feel like someone is watching..that's why I want us to meet at a place where no one can see us.

Griffin Hawkins: Fine..meet me at Grand Park..you know where that is right?

Marquis Laveaux: Yeah I do..make sure you're not being followed...I'll see you here in about 20 minutes..

I really didn't like the sound of this. Why did he want to meet me in the middle of the night? And what did he mean about being watched? I got in my car and drove to the park. It is so dark there with nobody playing...I really hated this feeling. As I sent at the bench I kept looking at my watch...he said 20 minutes and its going well over. I really want to go home and go back to sleep..but I couldn't just blow Marquis off just like that. I then feel a tap on my shoulder.

Marquis Laveaux: Hey...

I immediately get startled, nearly falling off the bench.

Griffin Hawkins: Jesus! You scared the shit out of me!

Marquis Laveaux: Sorry about that...

Griffin Hawkins: What took you so long?

Marquis Laveaux: I had to take the long way....make sure that I wasn't being followed.

Griffin Hawkins: Followed by who?

Marquis Laveaux: I don't know by who...but I think they might be members of the cult of blood...lost members.

Griffin Hawkins: What did they look like?

Marquis Laveaux: A couple of guys dressed in all black. They think I don't see them but I do, just observing me from afar.

Griffin Hawkins: So..why have you asked me to come here?

Marquis Laveaux: I need that meeting with Kedron to happen as soon as possible. I don't know if I can give up the book...but the same people who are after me..may be after him.

Griffin Hawkins: Dude..he is gonna want that book back. That guy does not like hearing the word no.

Marquis Laveaux: I realize that, but whether he likes it or not, me and him are on the same side.

Griffin Hawkins: Fine..I'll get in contract with him...but what are the chances these guys come after me?

Marquis Laveaux: Well as far as I can tell, they don't know who you are yet. But if you see anything out of the ordinary, let me know.

Griffin Hawkins: Okay...I'll talk to Kedron...but I hope you understand that I don't want to be in the same place as the both of you.

Marquis Laveaux: Thanks..in the meantime watch yourself. You never know if you'll be followed or not.

Griffin Hawkins: I really hope that doesn't happen, I got enough in my life to worry about. So..can I go home now?

Marquis Laveaux: Yeah..you have a good night.

Griffin Hawkins: Thanks..

He walks off as I go back to my car and drive off. I'll admit..I am a little bit worried about being watched now, I just hoped that this situation comes to an end soon...

------------------------------------------------------------------

Days later I arrived at the Staggs Dungeon in Vegas. Normally I would've gone to the hotel and rested until then, but I figure I think on things for a while. I go to the ring and think on things...what to do today..and where to go from here. I then hear a familiar voice come from the entrance to the arena.

"Hey? Bad time?"

I turn and see its Geoff Matthens, my image consultant.

Griffin Hawkins: Nah, not really, come on in...make yourself at home.

He climbs through the ropes, getting into the ring as I lean on the ropes.

Geoff Matthens: So..this is what it's like to be in the ring...

Griffin Hawkins: Imagine how it is being slammed against it...I wouldn't recommend it for you.

Geoff Matthens: I think I'll just stick to watching things from the sidelines...

Griffin Hawkins: So...what brings you here?

Geoff Matthens: Just thought I'd check up on you. There were a lot of rumors going around after the last Supercard that you were gonna retire...I was relieved to see that you were still gonna be here.

Griffin Hawkins: Come on bro..you would've found some other client, there are many guys and girls on the roster who you could represent.

Geoff Matthens: Yeah but...

Griffin Hawkins: But what?..

Geoff Mattens: Look..if you tell anyone this, I'll deny it. If you went...it just wouldn't be the same without you. I'd..well...miss you.

Griffin Hawkins: ...you'd really miss me?

Geoff Matthens: Look, I said it alright? Don't ruin this by being mushy.

Griffin Hawkins: Okay okay..anyways, I'm facing Jake Raab once again.

Geoff Matthens: I hope you're not taking him lightly.

Griffin Hawkins: I'm not taking him lightly, I don't take anyone lightly.

Geoff Matthens: Good, because that kid is hungry.

Griffin Hawkins: Then get him a sandwich..

Geoff Matthens: Griffin this is serious. This guy wants to be Champion, he wants to make a name for himself by knocking you off on his road to facing Fenris in a MMA match.

Griffin Hawkins: I'm taking this seriously...I know for a fact that you can't sleep on a man like Jake Raab. I'm facing Kristopher Ryans and I need momentum going in...I gotta take him on and beat him to show that I am still the best.

Geoff Matthens: Kristopher may be watching...so we'll see what happens.

Griffin Hawkins: Geoff..I'm wondering.

Geoff Matthens: Yeah?..

Griffin Hawkins: Am I taking too big a risk going for the World Title?

Geoff Matthens: Yeah...this is a risk. But in the end it may pay off. See, you are indeed one of the most popular wrestlers in Sin City today. The fans at home want to see you become World Champion one day. But at the same time, people like Jake Raab want that accolade. People like Jake Raab want to show the world why its him that people should be seeing..not you.

Griffin Hawkins: So what you're saying is, by knocking him off...it would bring me one step closer?

Geoff Matthens: Well, not exactly...but a win in that column will get you in the right direction as you head into your match with Kris. But you have to beat Raab.

Griffin Hawkins: Gotcha. He won't know what's coming.

We continue talking about the match. He was right, I couldn't look past Raab, I had to win at all costs.

---------------------------------------------

Cameras come to the weight room of the Stags Dungeon. I have my hands in my pocket as I look out the window. Knowing the camera crew is present, I begin to speak.

"What a difference a year makes...last year at this time I was Roulette Champion...fighting all comers. It didn't matter who it was...whether it was Alex Jones, Bill Barnhart, Mark Cross...I fought them all. Fast forward a year later, and now I want to become the World Heavyweight Champion. I made a promise that before my time is done in this company that I would be World Champion..and then Kristopher Ryans challenges me to a match at Into The Void.
I already made one former World Champion tap out in the middle of the ring...and now I face another. But before all that...I have to go through an old foe in the form of Jake Raab, someone who I've been in the ring with twice....he got one victory over me....and I got one right back. Now comes the rubber match...which one of us will be the one who lays down the tie breaker?.."

I slowly turn to the camera, revealing myself for the first time.

"Jake Raab....we meet again. It seems like we're destined to do this forever. A year has passed for both of us...I had the greatest Roulette Title reign in history....while you.....well, what have you done in a year? In the time you've been here..you've had chances for the Roulette Title..the Internet Title...the World Title...and even the mixed tag titles....have you succeeded in any of those endeavors? No you haven't. Right now you're at the same place you were last year, just sitting there...nothing happening, just waiting for the next opportunity that comes around. Seems that you're always a bridesmaid but never a bride. Which brings us to now. You probably think that I've lost a step since I lost the Roulette Title to Jack Russow....well, if you have been watching me lately...that's not the case. So if you're looking to take advantage of me, thinking I've been weakened...I suggest you get new game plan kid. Because just like last time we stepped in the ring together...I'll leave with my hand raised."

Some would say it doesn't mean anything..but it does if I am looking to ride into Into The Void.

"So..judging by the preview of the show...Ben Jordan labeled me and Mercer and Teddy as a couple of bullies..whatever whatever..just because we made some slight digs at Raab on social media. Wow..I had no idea he knew us so well. Also if memory serves me correctly, wasn't Mr.Jordan joining in on us making jokes about Raab months ago? Although he did bring up a good point..what we're doing is borderline bullying, and that shit's not cool..I admit that. But this is the same guy who says that Twitter is and I quote..a fucking joke to this business and this site..never mind the fact that Sin City Wrestling's core fans are built on social media. When someone HUGE gets signed to this company..the internet explodes, giving positive feedback to SCW for making a huge coup. If he's gonna say social media is a waste of the business...then he is saying that the fans themselves are a waste in this business. And before he goes on his whiny tirade that...we talk behind his back and blah blah blah...if he has a problem with us, he can either pull up his big boy pants and defend himself on social media like all  do, or he can come find us in the locker room or in the ring and we can settle it face to face instead of going on live TV and whining about what the big bad meanie said to him before his match. But Raab..if you got a problem with me, there's the ring. Show me what you got."

I go over to the weights, Sitting at the bench.

"Here's the thing Raab...I don't hate you. I just feel sorry for you. Jordan went on and on about how trained harder than anyone else. And yeah maybe you have...but you've got all this training, all this heart, all this desire....but you don't know what the hell to do with it. This is a sport your cousin was in, a sport where he stuck his flag into the ground and now he is going into the Hall of Fame. You could be exactly like that...but what you do? You'd rather focus more on archery. You'd rather focus more on shooting arrows like you're Robin Hood instead of focusing on the one thing that you were supposedly born to do. Yeah..you train hard...but what has it gotten you? Nothing. How could someone who won every MMA Belt known to man in Germany fail in all counts to get even one piece of gold here in SCW? If you want to prove it to yourself that you belong here, rack up some big time victories starting with me. You already did it once...but can you do it again? Because going by how things are for you...I find it unlikely."

I honestly wanted Raab at his best. He was a kid who showed promise, but someone who didn't really have much focus.

"Thing is Jake, you may think that I am looking at this as  a walk in the park, but I am not. Because from here on out...I don't care who I gotta face, I want the World Heavyweight Title. The same title you fell short at during Blaze of Glory. In fact..you get opportunity after opportunity after opportunity for gold more than anyone on the roster, and all you do is piss it all away. Hell, you even went around begging The Bombshell Roster to be your partner so they can do most of the work for you because you failed in every other title chance that came your way. I'm looking to do what you can't..and that's become a champion. I may not be the Roulette Champion anymore, but with or without a title, I am still a force. I am still one of the best in SCW today. And I want to prove it when I go through you."

I slowly get up.

"Now Jake...I'm not gonna be like Mercer...I'm not gonna insult your family or anything like that. I've had people make comments about mine, so I'd be a hypocrite to do the same to you. But I have to ask you Jake...have you REALLY surpassed your cousin Markus Raab? Have you done anything to live up to him? Or are you still trying to escape it. Markus and Konrad...two athletes under the Raab name who've made a name for themselves..you have not really done much to fill their shoes. Sure, every now and then you'll gain a victory here and there...but against a major opponent, you end up choking. You don't have to feel embarassed because I know how it feels to be in the same spot you're in. All I ask is you stop the whining, stop the complaining, and stop caring about social media and focus on me. Because I am coming to win..I am coming to beat you twice. I am coming to pin you 1....2....3."

I begin making my way towards the door.

"You call yourself The Firey Target...well, I'm a target you better hit...because if you miss...you're gonna get rocked."

I turn and walk out the door of the Gym as the camera crew turn off all the equipment.
user posted image

Accomplishments
Internet Champion(Final)
2017 Future Star Of The Year
Roulette Champion(x2)