Author Topic: Sin  (Read 382 times)

Offline Griffin Hawkins

• View Profile
    • Griffin Hawkins
Sin
« on: November 22, 2019, 10:47:36 PM »
  ~Last Week~

Usually away from the ring, I like time to myself. One of the many things I do every so often is Church. Me and my family end up going bright and early on Sunday. Just hours before my scheduled appearance on Climax Control where I was scheduled to talk about where to go from here, we went to Church. This week, Charles decided to come with us. My wife Taylor and our kids Bryce, Braden, and Sophie were in our pews...but Charles was late. I was hoping I'd have a nice quiet service with the family..without him. Then suddenly my dreams were dashed when he made himself over to the pews, whispering to me as he saw the empty spot by me.

Charles Hawkins: Hey...this seat taken?

I just roll my eyes.

Griffin Hawkins: No, I'm waiting for the Pope.

He gets my sarcasm and takes his seat...now I'm wishing it was the pope here so he wouldn't have to sit with me.

Charles Hawkins: Sorry I'm late...kinda overslept...been a while since I gone to Church..

Griffin Hawkins: With the hell you put me through as a child..you need church..

Charles Hawkins: Are you still mad because I locked you in the porta john with an angry goat?..

Griffin Hawkins: ...I thought I told you never to bring that up again.

Charles Hawkins: ...sorry.

Griffin Hawkins: Let's just get through this service, alright?

Charles Hawkins: Right..

We then sit quietly as I hope that this service is going to go interrupted. But then he whispers.

Charles Hawkins: So who are you facing next week?..

Griffin Hawkins: ....the Good Sheperds..s

Charles Hawkins: Are you kidding me? Wow...you must have a lot of heavy confessing to do for this..

Griffin Hawkins: This isn't some kind of punishment...I'm being teamed with Mark Cross..the guy I'm facing for the title..

Charles Hawkins: Wow...God must hate you...

Griffin Hawkins: Actually it was the bosses idea..

Charles Hawkins: Alright..then the bosses hate you..

Griffin Hawkins: Look, they just want to build interest for our match..two guys who are gonna tear the house down teaming up for the first time ever.

Charles Hawkins: Against some weird god fearing cult? That should be interesting..

Griffin Hawkins: We'll be fine...okay?

Charles Hawkins: Fine, but do you know what you're getting into with these guys?..you both better watch it..

Griffin Hawkins: ..We will deal with this later, right now I want to enjoy our time here. No more interruptions, got it?

He nods and lets me sit and enjoy the sermon. Though he was right about one thing...I could trust Mark, but the guys I'm up against...this was no cakewalk. We had to work together if we want to survive this...would one of us even make it to December 2 Dismember?...

~Present Day~

I really am not a fan of funerals....events like that are really depressing. It's even worse when it's someone you love that's in that coffin. But for this occasion, I had to go in support of a friend. Alice Knight's great aunt Ruth had passed away and she needed a friend for moral support. I met up with her at the funeral home, prepared for the final burial. Alice had a black dress on as she met me at the door.

Griffin Hawkins: Hey...

Alice Knight: Heya..

We hug for a moment..I had a feeling she was torn up on the inside.

Griffin Hawkins: I'm really sorry about your Aunt...I'm sure she was close to you.

Alice Knight: Well..not really...

Griffin Hawkins: What do you mean?...

Alice Knight: I didn't know I had an Aunt Ruth..until now. I just found out she died and listed me as a next of kin...I figure I might as well go.

Griffin Hawkins: I see...and how did she die?

Alice Knight: Well..at the Senior Citizens center, she was leading a game of Simon Says...then she just dropped from a heart attack and fell to the floor. Everyone else decided to follow her cue and they fell to the floor..

I couldn't help but laugh...even though that's grim, that's the funniest damn thing I've ever heard.

Alice Knight: Griffin! It's not funny! When the paramedics got there, they thought that 15 people had died!

That only made me laugh even harder..but I had to maintain my composure..this is a funeral after all.

Griffin Hawkins: I'm sorry...I don't mean to be disrespectful...

Alice Knight: It's alright...although it does sound pretty funny...

Griffin Hawkins: Anyways...this isn't the first holy thing I gotta deal with. I gotta face The Good Shepherds with Mark Cross..

Alice Knight: Those crazy religious guys?...don't they hate rock music?

Griffin Hawkins: I'm...not sure. But I could use some guidance...

Alice Knight: Well..you could always ask Aunt Ruth...even though she's no longer with us, maybe her spirit will come to you.

I wasn't sure how that'd work...but here goes nothing. I go up to her as she is lying in her coffin. I take a deep breath.

Griffin Hawkins: Hi...Miss Ruth...you may not know me, but I am a friend of your niece Alice...my name is Griffin. See, I am facing a group of guys who always worship the lord..and I worry that I may go to hell for what I'm about to do to them....not to say you're probably going to hell yourself, I'm sure you'll be good wherever you go. But I take my faith very seriously, and I don't want to do something unforgivable..

I then feel something fall out of the pocket of my jacket...my cell phone. It falls right in the coffin..right in the top of her dress.

Griffin Hawkins: .....oh fuck me...

This was bad. I quickly rush over to Alice who's expecting me to be happy.

Alice Knight: Soooo..how'd it go?..

Griffin Hawkins: Well..my phone may have...slipped into her dress..

Alice Knight: ....Oh my G-!

I quickly put my hand over her mouth.

Griffin Hawkins: Shhhhhhhh! You wanna cause a scene?!

Alice Knight: ..Griffin, you can't go after it...just call an undertaker..

Griffin Hawkins: No..THAT will cause a scene. Just keep the others distracted as I get my phone back..

She covers for me me as I reach in the dress...oh God this is terrible...I'm technically grave robbing a corpse...I try and get a leg up, practically lying on it as I finally find the phone..but the table with the coffin can't support our weight as it snaps, falling with both of us to the floor..with me landing on top of her as the crowd is aghast. I look and see the shock on their faces.

Griffin Hawkins: Uh...oops?....

Some of them are shouting at me as Alice takes my hand and leads me out of the funeral home, we rush into my car and drive off.

Griffin Hawkins: ...I am so going to hell for this....

Alice Knight: At least my aunt will forgive you....hopefully..

That did not go as well as I hoped...I just hope the good lord doesn't decide to punish me for this..and what I may also do come Sunday...

------------------------------------------------------

Alice turns on her video camera as I sit on the top of the steps at my local Church with my trademark leather jacket worn as usual. I crack the knuckles on my fingerless gloved hands before speaking to the camera man.

"In life...we always believe that there is a higher power watching over us...guiding us. Some of us pray to the Lord, asking for guidance. Wondering what do we do next? Sometimes we get an answer...sometimes we don't. But we get up every day...with hope in our hearts that we will get through our problems. But while there is a God...there are others who believe they are living vicariously through him or her. Those are what's called....charlatans...phonies...some are even called cults. There's one like this in every place you go....and unfortunately there is one like that here in SCW. A plague of evil is above us...and it has the audacity to call themselves The Good Shepards."

I lean my head back a little before continuing.

"If there is one thing that I have always dealt with in my career...it's false prophets...wolves in sheep's clothing. That's who the leader Father Gerald Shepard is...as he is leading these lambs into the slaughter. For they are facing the unlikely team of me...and my future opponent for the Roulette Title, Mark Cross. Now I'm sure you boys probably think that just because we're set to face one another at December 2 Dismember for the title, that we don't trust each other. You couldn't be anymore wrong. Because I trust Mark Cross...he came to me face to face like a man and told me that he wants a shot at the title, a belt that he deserves a chance at..and I accepted. We both agree that we need to worry about the match later and focus on beating the holy bejeezus out of the two of you."

I knew these boys would be tough...both of them wanting to make a name for themselves.

"Boys...I gotta know...what exactly have you accomplished lately? Nothing. Sure you've had a few good matches under your belts, but where is the gold? Father Gerald has done nothing but lead his flock into mediocrity ever since he slimed his way into SCW..what rewards have you reaped? Oh that's right..you guys are kicking ass for the lord right? That's all fine and dandy. But you are going up against two of the mainstays of Sin City. Another disappointing loss is in your future.""

The cold wind blows through my hair...I can feel the cold reception I'll likely get from them.

"What was you said a few months ago Father?....those who need him the most, but have been the great deceivers lies and earthly wealth. I believe it was Matthew 7:15 that said..Beware of false prophets which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. The group is getting stronger every day..and you're looking to make an example out the both of us...but the problem is, the two of us..even though we have never been a tag team as much as you both have..we both have momentum going in to December 2 Dismember, and we are looking to showcase our abilities and show why our match is gonna be the hottest match on the card, and we are gonna do so...by taking out the both of you."

I put my hands in my pocket as I walk down the stairs.

"But I do wonder...with the ever growing group that you guys got, will it be a real tag match? Or will more come out of the woodwork and try and attack me and Mark? If you're the kinda stand up guys...real men..then you'll deal with us on an even playing field instead of trying to push your boss's twisted agenda in taking over SCW. Because we are both going in and expecting a fight...a straight tag match, are you? Do we pose a threat to you both? Because a victory over us would be a huge feather in your caps. We will be waiting for the two of you to show us what you got."

I look at the moon...looks very good tonight.

"Forgive us Father, for we are about to sin...big time. The Dragon...The Rock Soldier, two cosmic forces who are set to collide for one of the most important titles in SCW are going to team up to take on a bunch of slaves to a cult leader. We've already said our prayers, and we've made peace with what we are about to do. The people came to see a show, they came to see some ass kicking action...and we are just the guys to give it to them. May God have mercy on your souls.....for we won't."

I then turn away and leave as the camera gets turned off by Alice.

user posted image

Accomplishments
Internet Champion(Final)
2017 Future Star Of The Year
Roulette Champion(x2)