Author Topic: Grand Canyon  (Read 386 times)

Offline Griffin Hawkins

• View Profile
    • Griffin Hawkins
Grand Canyon
« on: November 08, 2019, 10:55:23 PM »
  I return to a place where I haven't been for years...the Grand Canyon. It looks gorgeous as I stand  before the long cliffs and mountains before me as I stand on the road. I can't help but think on things. Charles of course is snapping pictures of the Canyon below.

Charles Hawkins: Have you ever seen anything more beautiful?

It's not that I wasn't listening to him...I just had my mind on a lot.

Charles Hawkins: Earth to Griff...you awake in there?

Griffin Hawkins: Oh...yeah I am.

Charles Hawkins: You sure you alright? We're right in front of the Grand Canyon, one of the most amazing sights in the world and you're like a million miles away.

Griffin Hawkins: Sorry...I guess I just have my mind on things.

Charles Hawkins: Obviously...but what?

Griffin Hawkins: You know....things.

Charles Hawkins: Come on, just tell me.

Griffin Hawkins: I saw the card...and if I win my next match, I'll be added to the Six Pack Challenge for the World Heavyweight Title at December 2 Dismember.

Charles Hawkins: That's great news! So why do you look like you're about to head to your death march?

Griffin Hawkins: I face Austin James Mercer...

Charles Hawkins: I see...

Griffin Hawkins: ...You don't think I can beat him do you?

Charles Hawkins: I think it's possible...you have pulled off some major upsets in the past.

Griffin Hawkins: This one...seems different than the rest. I'm not facing someone like Jessie Salco or Bill Barnhart, I'm facing a former World Champion who's looking to reclaim his throne.

Charles Hawkins: Does he respect you?

Griffin Hawkins: Of course he does. We both have a mutual respect for one another, but only one can advance to the Six Pack Challenge.

Charles Hawkins: And it could be you...you never know.

I sit down, Indian style as I close my eyes..feeling the wind blow.

Griffin Hawkins: I feel like I am about to go to war....on this land...

Charles Hawkins: You almost sound like you're the leader of a tribe...

Griffin Hawkins: I think I know how they felt before they had to go into battle..

Charles Hawkins: You wanna hit the gym and train?

Griffin Hawkins: ....in a little bit, I just wanna stay here for a little while. I'll meet you there.

He nods and leaves me alone. I just sit..closing my eyes as I think hard on what's to come. For the first time, I have a chance to fight for the World Title, but it's against a man I have never beaten. I know for sure that this will probably be the greatest battle in the history of Sin City Wrestling.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

~A Long Time Ago~

My family loved going on long trips..we must've gone through every major vacation you can think of...Disneyland, Six Flags, you name it we've been there.

Only problem is...we were alone.

It was all of us there, me, Mom, Charles, and Wendi. Dad of course was called to the office where he had a lot of work to do. So Mom took us the rest of the way instead as we went on tour of the Grand Canyon. We look at all the mountains as we took pictures.

Patricia Hawkins: Look at this place kids, isn't it exciting?

She took pictures of the surroundings. I know she was trying to keep a brave face for us. Even as a 12 year old kid...I knew that Dad was not coming. He seemed to care more about work then he did with his actual family. Mom was the only one who stayed by our side.

Griffin Hawkins: Yeah Mom..it looks great.

I figured I make her feel better about being here rather than making her feel worse when I tell her that I am not having a good time. After a few hours of sight seeing, I decided to think for a while. We got ourselves some lunch at one of the nearby restaurants. As Wendi and Charles were eating. I was out at the balcony looking out at the land before us. I heard my Mom come up by my side.

Patricia Hawkins: Hey...sweetie, your food's gonna get cold if you don't eat it..

I knew I couldn't hide it any longer...I had to be truthful.

Griffin Hawkins: Mom...Dad's not coming, is he?

I felt her take my hand..she told me something I already knew.

Patricia Hawkins: I'm sorry honey...but he can't make it today.

I said nothing, just looking out at the land.

Griffin Hawkins: Mom...is it okay if I don't want to work with Dad when I get older?

I knew this was a serious question for her...the hotel business was in our blood, a family legacy. I feared her answer.

Patricia Hawkins: Griffin..it's okay.

Griffin Hawkins: ...it is?

Patricia Hawkins: Of course it is. You can be whatever you want to be. Just because your Dad has dreams of you working in the family business doesn't mean you have to. But..what is it you want to be?

I continue to look out at the sky, the air from the desert just seemed to relax me.

Griffin Hawkins: ...I don't know what I want. I wanna do something cool, something big...something that I'll enjoy..

Patricia Hawkins: Whatever it will be, i'll be proud of you..and I'm sure your Father will be too.

The wrestling bug had not yet bit me...but hearing Mom say she'd support me no matter what actually felt good to hear. Now I was glad Dad wasn't here.

Griffin Hawkins: Thanks Mom....you think maybe we can come back here next year?

Patricia Hawkins: I promise..we will. For now, lets just enjoy this gorgeous view.

Just being at the Grand Canyon took some stress off me for what I wanted to do with my life. I never knew that I would go back there again. For this time...I actually knew what I wanted to do. For the first time...I was coming back to fulfill my lifelong dream.

------------------------------------------------------

Cameras come to the Grand Canyon. The Hot Sun peering down as I stand uptop a mountainous crag. My hands are in my pocket as I look to the land before me.

"The Grand Canyon...one of the oldest gorges in the world today. This place has a lot of history. People have inhabited this area in and around the canyon since the ice age. The first Europeans to reach the Grand Canyon were Spanish explorers in the 1540s. A lot have laid their eyes on this land. The biggest rocks in the world are here. Perhaps it is fitting that I face a man who is nearly indestructible as the Grand Canyon...his name is Austin James Mercer. A man who has been a mainstay in SCW..a former holder of the World Heavyweight Title."

I can see the Vultures above flying..usually a sign of death.

"It's been quite a bit since we seen you in action Austin. You show up every once in a while and drop a some jabroni like Jake Raab..and then you go home and train and get yourself ready for the next big challenge. Me...I don't believe in taking a break. I'm the first one here, and the last one to leave. Why? Because this is something that I was born to do...this is something that I want..and what I want is the World Heavyweight Title. The same belt that you used to hold...I want to add it to my resume. You've been at the mountain top...you've been the man to beat. There is no one who can take away what you have accomplished here in SCW...and other organizations as well..."

I underestimated Mercer before...this time I couldn't afford to lose.

"But right now...you stand in my way of fulfilling my destiny to become the World Champion. I am sorry that it has to be this way...but I must do what is necessary and snuff you out as I begin my road to the six pack challenge at December 2 Dismember. Now..it's true that the last time we faced off, you beat me. I admit it. Unlike others around here who make up excuses for their losses, I admit you beat me straight up. But a man once said that you learn more from defeat than you do winning. And while I did lose to you...I used it as a reminder. I remembered my mistakes, and I am looking to make the best of my opportunity and correct them. You may be bigger and mightier than me....but all it takes is one Superkick to knock you straight out."

I brush a strand of my hair out of my face.

"See...last time we faced off Austin, you beat me. I have not forgotten about that. This isn't the first time I have lost...I probably will lose again someday, but I can't afford for it to be now of all times. You may have beaten me once, but that doesn't mean you have my number. The one person who thought they had me all figured out was Jake Raab..the same man that you fought. You do not want to repeat his mistakes. He thought just because he got one lucky win over me, that it was a given that he'd make it two in a row....I proved otherwise. Now...I am not comparing you to Raab, unlike him you have earned your way and you have everyone's respect. But he was arrogant enough to believe he could beat me twice. With you, I don't think you're arrogant..you're confident. You wouldn't be where you are today without confidence. But too much confidence can kill you.."

I knew this would be my biggest one on one challenge yet..I have not defeated Mercer as of today.

"But one thing puzzles me about you Austin. You lost the World Heavyweight Title to Vinnie...and you have yet to cash in on your rematch. Why is that? Have you lost confidence in yourself? Are you doubting your abilities? You seem content with standing by while everyone else in that locker room gets to get in the ring with a man that you should be facing right now. Me..I'm different. When Teddy Warren took my Roulette Title..I didn't wait around to cash in my shot. After weeks of him avoiding me, I got my rematch and on my very first try, I made him tap out and I reclaimed what's rightfully mine. You would rather qualify for a match instead of taking what is owed to you. While that is admirable...when this is over you just may wish you took that rematch, because I am looking to become the World Heavyweight Champion by any means."

I begin walking around, taking in the atmosphere.

"It's true Austin..you are an impressive sight. You said it yourself...you're six foot six..two hundred and sixty five pounds..and you can move fast for a cat your size. It is no wonder that you were World Heavyweight Champion, Hell's Gate Champion and Honor Champion. But I am prepared to take everything you could throw at me. I've been in the ring with you, and you gave me the fight of my life. And even though I wasn't able to beat you, I gave you a run for your money...and deep down inside you know it. I was this close to beating you last time, now this time there will be no mistakes, no errors..I am coming for you."

I slowly take off my sunglasses.

"You stand in my way of destiny Austin...I know how bad you want the World Title back. And if you were to advance to this Six Pack Challenge...you would be one of the favorites going in. But I have never had my chance at the World Title here in SCW. I've held the Roulette Title two times...I've been Internet Champion..but I have never had a chance at the biggest prize in the game. You know what it's like to be the face of the company...but I don't. And it's gonna start here in The Grand Canyon. One of us is gonna leave the desert with the chance of a lifetime...and the other....is gonna get rocked."

I turn away, heading for the Helicopter to take me down to the ground as the camera crew turn everything off and join me.

user posted image

Accomplishments
Internet Champion(Final)
2017 Future Star Of The Year
Roulette Champion(x2)