Author Topic: Partnership  (Read 373 times)

Offline Griffin Hawkins

• View Profile
    • Griffin Hawkins
Partnership
« on: November 01, 2019, 11:20:36 PM »
 I was so glad that Alice was back in SCW. With her back, it feels as if everything is complete. It was our dream for us to open up our own detective agency. I went out and got everything set up...getting a desk in the arena hallway and a door...no seriously a door. I got it set up a few feet from the desk with the sign, please knock. I begin setting things up on the desk as I hear Charles come up.

Charles Hawkins: ..Wow..so this is your office..

I then look over to him.

Griffin Hawkins: Dude! Have you ever heard of knocking?!

He looks at me as if I am crazy..and then at the door.

Charles Hawkins: Are you serious?...

Griffin Hawkins: As a heart attack! At least show courtesy for God's sake..

Charles Hawkins: ...fine.

He leaves the "Office" and then knocks on the door.

Griffin Hawkins: Come in, it's open!

He opens the door, entering my makeshift office.

Griffin Hawkins: Oh hey bro, I knew you'd come by sooner or later.

Charles Hawkins: Yeah...so this is your office? Where's the rest of it?

Griffin Hawkins: It's everything you see here bro, THIS is where the magic happens. The Detective Agency is officially open.

Charles Hawkins: I wouldn't break out the champagne just yet Griff, you two still got that mixed tag match against Teddy and Kate.

I stop for a second...wishing it didn't have to come to this.

Griffin Hawkins: I really....you know I really thought she was better than that. I feel like such an idiot...

Charles Hawkins: Don't beat yourself up...she fooled a lot of people, that girl is just...nuts.

Griffin Hawkins: At least I won't have to deal with her...Alice has assured me that she'll take care of her while I take care of Teddy.

Charles Hawkins: In speaking of which..Teddy seems to have changed awfully quick..suddenly he wants to put all this behind him..

Griffin Hawkins: Somehow...I don't trust him. You don't do a 180 in the span of a few weeks. This could be one of his tricks in the hopes of playing mind games with me like I did with him..if he wants to do his talking, he can do it in the ring.

Charles Hawkins: What about that rematch though? He is still owed one.

Griffin Hawkins: Anytime he wants another shot at me..he's got it. But I'm not gonna get tricked again...

Charles Hawkins: But are you sure you and Alice can make a good team? Teddy and Kate seem more experienced than this than you do.

Griffin Hawkins: Of course dude, we've been wanting to do this for years and now it's finally happening. What a debut!

Charles Hawkins: Let's just see how things go...

I look over at everything...looking at the walls.

Griffin Hawkins: Hmm..perhaps a water cooler should go there...or a gargoyle fountain that spits blood...

Charles Hawkins: Is this an office or a Slayer video?..

Griffin Hawkins: ....it could be both.

We continue to go over office ideas for the next hour..but in the back of my mind..I was looking forward to teaming with Alice, wondering what kind of team we'll make.

---------------------------------

~Long Ago..~

This wasn't the first time me and Alice were set to team up for a tag match. In another company before SCW, we were slated to team up in our first ever tag team match. I had only known her for a year at that point, but me and her ended up bonding over movies...TV and wrestling. I was on the phone..late to the arena.

Griffin Hawkins: Alice don't worry, I will be there. We got a tag team match and we're gonna give them one hell of a show.

Alice Knight: I just hope you didn't stop for Tim Horton's...

I look over to the box which was sitting in the passenger's side of the car.

Griffin Hawkins: No....no of course not! But I am on my way. Just wait for me at the employee entrance.

Alice Knight: Alright..seeya soon!

Griffin Hawkins: Be ready!

I hang up the phone, focusing on the road...not seeing the oncoming drunk driver from the side...

I didn't even see him coming...but I felt a crash, as if everything went black. I didn't know what had happened...in between waking up..and passing out, I see paramedics standing over me as I am loaded into what looks to be an ambulance. All I could think about was Alice...and my brother and sister and the rest of my family that I might never see again..

After what seems like an eternity...I wake up...looking up at a familiar face looking down at me.

Griffin Hawkins: ....Alice?...

Alice Knight: Hey...

I didn't even know where I was.

Griffin Hawkins: ...What the hell happened?..

Alice Knight: You were in an accident..they say you have some bruises and you broke your arm..

I look over to my arm that has a cast over it.

Griffin Hawkins: Oh man...that's my guitar playing arm...

Alice Knight: At least you're okay..you got lucky.

Griffin Hawkins: ....Alice...I'm sorry...I know you were looking forward to this match and...

Alice Knight: Shh Shh Shh...I don't care about the Tag Match, I care about you...all I could think about is if you were gonna make it or not..

Griffin Hawkins: ...I just feel like an idiot for ruining our big chance..

Alice Knight: It's not your fault..the driver was drunk, wasn't looking where he was going..he's got it worse than you from what I heard..

Griffin Hawkins: I can only imagine...so..now what?

Alice Knight: We'll have our chance...someday. What matters is you're still here. Just recover and you'll be back in the saddle again..

She was taking this so well..I didn't understand it. She must have really cared for me. She was truly a great friend.

Griffin Hawkins: ...thank you for being here Alice...I swear to you we will have our moment in the sun someday..

Alice Knight: We definitely will..

She sits back down...she had been waiting for me this whole time.

Griffin Hawkins: You really don't have to stay, I'm gonna be fine.

Alice Knight: No way...I'm not gonna leave my best buddy alone. Whatever you go through...I'll be with you.

I couldn't tell her no..it had been a while since someone looked out for me.

Griffin Hawkins: Thanks Alice...you're a damn good friend.

Alice Knight: Sooo...will I get to sign your cast?

Griffin Hawkins: Of course.

We talked for hours until I was released days later, it was then where I found out how deep the friendship between me and Alice was..someday I would return the favor.

------------------------------------
Cameras go to...well, the makeshift office I created. I sit at the desk, my feet kicked up as I pull back on my office chair.

"Anyone who'll tell you, I have accomplished many things in my time here in SCW. I'm a former Internet Champion...and a two time Roulette Champion. But you never hear a lot of things about my exploits in a tag team. Because mainly I'm a singles guy. But this year I have been part of some successful tag matches. One with Roxi and Keira as I officially became the third member of Team Hero..and now, with me and Alice Knight. Alice is someone who I trust more than anything, someone who's willing to go to the ends of the earth with me just to assure that we come back victorious. She was in my corner to keep Kate Steele in line...and now once again she'll be in my corner, only this time as my tag partner as we take on the husband and wife team of Teddy Warren and Kate Steele. This is our chance to rid the SCW of both those clowns once and for all.."

I smile, relaxing back in my chair.

"Did you ever hear the one about the chick name Kate who thought she knew shit..but didn't know shit..and ended up losing and causing two..soon to be three horrible black marks on her legacy?...we just saw that this year. Kate decided that she was going pull the wool over everyone's eyes by putting on a mask and pretending to be Teddy's "Diamond". Seriously Kate..you and Teddy are something else. Universe gives you a sign and you shove your finger right up it's ass. You wanted to get Teddy noticed...so you had him put on makeup..put on heels..leave the Underground and onto the main roster. You wanted him to be a star...you wanted him to be somebody. And to everyone's shock...it worked! Because he managed to get all the eyes of the world on him...when he became the Roulette champion. Meanwhile you played up this facade of Teddy losing his mind...cheating on you as you were begging me day and night to knock some damn sense into him..."

I then clap my hands.

"Bravo Katie...congratulations. You did what was impossible..you guided Teddy to championship gold. But what happened after that Katie?....the minute I made my presence known that I wanted a rematch, you immediately took to social media and told me to stay down, you told me to stay away and leave your husband alone. Why?....because you know for a fact that Teddy can't beat me one on one. That's why you made it your mission to try and take out just about every woman backstage, and Belinda Simone..a retired wrestler who wanted nothing to do but call the action. But the look on your face said it all when you found out the mystery Bombshell in my corner was none other than Alice Knight. Every time you tried to interfere in the match, she was there to stop you..making sure this was a one on one match. You can make up an excuse saying that I'm only champion because of Alice Knight's interference. It's true, she did help..but it was only to keep you out of the match so I can focus on Teddy...and I made good on her help and I beat him for the gold..and now you are gonna be the one who deals with Alice..and believe me...you're not gonna like what she does to you."

Words couldn't express how I felt about Kate.

"Teddy Steele...this is like the third time we meet up. Seems to be like a recurring theme with us. I beat you..you beat me...we're both tied to one win a piece when it comes to the Roulette Title. Which is why suddenly....I'm confused to you wanting to end this war...win or lose. You said on twitter that you want to end this drama and move on, rekindling our friendship. While that sounds nice, I don't trust you, I'll say that right now. Because you and your wife managed to fool everyone into thinking that you were having a marital spat...all so you can get your hands on the Roulette Title. I mean..forgive me if I don't seem so trusting. Like seriously man..I'm not stupid, I can tell when someone is deceiving me."

I reach over and grab the title.

"You see this belt Teddy? I earned it. And as this rivalry comes to an end, history books will say that I regained this belt from you. I out wrestled you...I out smarted you...and I beat you, and that's the truth. If you were to pin me...you would indeed be owed a title match. I already told you the night I won that you are entitled to a rematch..despite you trying to get out of giving me one the night you took this belt from me. But it seems to be different now...the veil has been lifted and you and Kate have been exposed. And now it seems that the entire roster hates you more than ever..and you want to make amends...but you REALLY wanna prove yourself Teddy?"

I lean closer.

"When this match is over...shake my hand. Win or lose...shake my hand. You're trying to turn over a new leaf....trying to move forward and move on...then you'll have no problem shaking my hand when this is all over, admitting to your wrongdoings over the last few months, disrespecting not just me, but the Roulette Title and all it stands for. Because win or lose..you have to prove yourself to me and SCW. Course..I'm not gonna go down without a fight in this mixed tag match. I've already proven that I can beat you, and I am willing to do it again. Even though the title is not on the line, i'm gonna fight as if it is. You and Kate got a lot of proving to do, and me and Alice will be on our game. Sunday...you two are gonna get rocked."

The camera crew leave my "Office". As they turn everything off.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 11:21:05 PM by Griffin Hawkins »
user posted image

Accomplishments
Internet Champion(Final)
2017 Future Star Of The Year
Roulette Champion(x2)