Author Topic: We Can Be Heroes  (Read 417 times)

Offline Griffin Hawkins

• View Profile
    • Griffin Hawkins
We Can Be Heroes
« on: September 06, 2019, 11:07:18 PM »
 ~Flashback~

Anyone who knows me, know that I am a HUGE comic book fan. I admit it, i'm a geek. Back then, comic books were my life, I must've had so many of them I lost count. So when I heard that Stan Lee was gonna be down at the mall, I got excited. Only problem was...I was grounded for fighting in school, so I couldn't go.

This sucks.

What was worse...I had to get dressed because my Dad was throwing a huge barbecue, and he wanted me to look "presentable". It was an hour before the big feast as I sat alone in my room, reading an issue of X-Men..just dreading the fact that I gotta mix with all my Father's rich clients.
A knock is then heard on the door.

Griffin Hawkins: Come in..

The door slowly opened as Wendi peeked in from behind the corner.

Wendi Hawkins: Hey..is it safe to come in?

Griffin Hawkins: Sure, why not?

She slowly walks through, shutting the door.

Wendi Hawkins: How you holding up?

Griffin Hawkins: Well there's my prison uniform I have to wear over there on my dresser.

I point over to a pair of khakis and a blue alligator shirt.

Wendi Hawkins: I know it sucks, but Daddy just wants you to look good for his clients.

Griffin Hawkins: In other words, he wants to put on a show, treating me like a trained seal.

Wendi Hawkins: He only wants what's best for you Griffin.

Griffin Hawkins: I think at the end of the day I know what's best for me..

I just sigh and continue to read my comics, focusing on Wolverine.

Griffin Hawkins: Man...if only I had half the courage Logan has.

Wendi Hawkins: I don't think Wolverine ever had to go to his parents barbecue.

Griffin Hawkins: You know what I mean. No one ever tells him what to do..he's his own man, does whatever he wants when he wants.

Wendi Hawkins: But you're forgetting he is part of the X-Men, a group of mutants under the watchful eye of Charles Xavier..

Griffin Hawkins: You're really not helping me you know.

Wendi Hawkins: Right..sorry.

Griffin Hawkins: I just wish I was at that comic book shop instead of here..

She then smiles.

Wendi Hawkins: Well, what if I told you I could cover for you so you can..go to get that autograph?..

Griffin Hawkins: You'd really do that for me?...

Wendi Hawkins: Well, it was heroes do..help each other out...Logan.

While me and her did fight a lot..there were occasions where she would help me out.

Griffin Hawkins: ...Thanks so much, I owe you big.

Wendi Hawkins: Think nothing of it.

I open the window and climb out the tree. Because of Wendi..I was gonna meet my idol, hoping one day I'd do what I had a passion for...who knew that years later, I'd get my wish.

---------------------------------------------

With everything going on, I forgot there was a comic convention down in our part of LA.

I go every year just to see who is dressed up as my favorite characters. This time I decided to dress up as Thor. Charles went along with me, dressed as Hawkeye. Charles insisted that I go to take my mind off things for a while, so I figured why not.

We arrived, looking at the entire area as there are Superheroes, Video Game Characters, Anime characters and much more.

Griffin Hawkins: Oh man, real big turnout this year.

Charles Hawkins: They get bigger and bigger every year. I figured you would have liked to come down and see.

Griffin Hawkins: Well, I do appreciate you bringing me down here..and I appreciate you more for dressing up. I haven't seen you in a costume since we went trick or treating.

Charles Hawkins: Come on bro, you know I love comics..and Hawkeye is one of my favorites. Plus I figured you needed something to take your mind off things for a while after you lost the title.

Griffin Hawkins: Dude, it's okay. I'm gonna get my belt back. Teddy can't avoid me forever, sooner or later he's gonna have to give me my rematch whether he likes it or not. But for now, let's focus on having a good time.

We go down the escalator and see the many people in their costume. I notice a man in a Captain America outfit. He looks me over and gives me a salute as if to say "thumbs up soldier".

Griffin Hawkins: I feel right at home here...kinda wish Roxi and Keira were here though, they'd love this.

Charles Hawkins: Well when you think about it..you all are like the Avengers. A diverse group of heroes who are set to save the world from injustice.

Griffin Hawkins: But me and Amy are friends...not sure about Jessie or Vinnie seeing as we never got to hang out, but I'm sure they're cool..

Charles Hawkins: Look over there..

I see a group of cosplayers as The Fantastic Four.

Charles Hawkins: The Fantastic Four, a diverse group of people who seem different on the outside, but on the inside have one goal..to make this city safe. Just like you guys

Griffin Hawkins: But there's only three of us...

Charles Hawkins: Doesn't matter..you're still a team. Now look over there..

I then see a cosplayer..Doctor Doom, one of my favorite villains.

Griffin Hawkins: Awesome...Dr.Doom.

Charles Hawkins: Representing him...Senor Vinnie. Why? Because he has the Undisputed Title now. He is the villain of this story.

Griffin Hawkins: Well, it would be nice to pin the World Heavyweight Champion.

I then see the Avengers cosplayers together, posing as pictures are taken.

Griffin Hawkins: Will that be us at the end of the match?...

Charles Hawkins: As long a you three work together.

A few fans see us and begin to snap pictures.

Griffin Hawkins: Well..we are heroes.

We pose for the cameras in Thor and Hawkeye's classic poses. I guess this is what it feels like to be a Superhero...

---------------------------------------------

Cameras open up to me sitting at the bench, many comics right by me. From Batman, to Spider Man, to Deadpool and many others.  I look straight at the camera and speak.

"Heroes....we've grown up watching them on TV....Batman...Superman..The Green Lantern. We all watch them on TV...some of us as youngsters grow up to be just like them, asking ourselves questions such as...what would Spider Man do in this situation. Myself...Roxi...and Keira were lucky enough to live our dream as heroes, going from town to town, putting our bodies on the line for the entertainment of the SCW Universe. And now...for the first time ever in years. Me, Roxi and Keria...Team Hero is in full force as we go and clash against the powerful trio...Jessie Salco, Amy Santino..and the NEW SCW World Heavyweight Champion, El Grande Vinnie. A main event like this of Super Heroic proportions is gonna be one SCW fans will be telling their grandkids about.

I then see a Spider Man cosplayer rush right by me, in his classic Spider Man pose, shooting imaginary webs as he goes right past me.

"We start with two longtime heroes...The Metal and Punk Connection. Two women who have held The Bombshell Tag Team Championships...twice. Though lately things haven't gone well for one of the members, mainly Jessie Salco. This past summer we saw her suffer a major setback in a Triple Threat Match as Kate Steele made her tap out in the middle of the ring. It seems that things for you Jess...haven't gone your way. And now you're looking to turn your luck around in this main event. Now, I respect you and Amy for all you've accomplished here, and you both are great athletes in your own right. But you're up against myself and Roxi and Keira. Three superstars who are no stranger to success. A win over us would definitely turn things around in the favor of you and Amy."

This would be the first time I shared a ring with any of those three, I wondered how this would go.

"You and I..not so different Jess. We both come from broken homes, we both have been all around the world perfecting our craft until we both ended up here. But over the summer, while I was riding high as Roulette Champion, things have taken a downward spiral for you. Chances at opportunities have slipped through your fingers time and time again..even though you constantly ask for title opportunities you haven't earned. Some people see this as an opportunity for you..but that's easier said than done. Because you're up against what some would say is a The Justice League, The Avengers and Teen Titans all in one....the good one of course, not the current dumpster fire. The Metal and Punk Connection will come up against Team Hero...and we will emerge victorious."

I then get the feeling of someone is sniffing my cape. I then see what looks to be a Deadpool cosplayer sniffing it.

"Down boy! Down!"

I spray him with a water bottle as he scampers away.

"Anyways, we then get to the other half...Amy Santino, course back in the day I knew her as Amy Marshall. Amy, we go back quite a few years don't we? We've talked together, we jammed together after shows..we've invited each other to our perspective weddings. This is actually the first time we've ever shared a ring with one another. The both of us suffered quite a loss at Summer XXXtreme, and we're both on the road to redemption. I don't know where the road goes for either of us..but we're looking to pass by each other in this mixed tag. You are very good friends with myself and Roxi and Keira. So you already know there is nothing personal..just business."

Amy knew what was at stake, and so did I.

"How long has it been since you held a title in SCW Amy? 4 years? That's quite a while to go without gold..believe me, I've been without a title for that long. Trust me, I won't be without gold for long, I dunno if the same can be said for you..but time will tell. You and Roxi have shared the ring together before and who knows what the outcome will be. Just know that with Team Hero...anything is possible."

Just then, another man wearing a Thor costume walks by..one looking exactly like mine, his hair was even long. We both do a "bro fist" type deal with our hammers.

"And last but not least..Senor Vinnie..the NEW Undisputed Champion. I must say Vinnie my man..you've done good. Not just getting married...but becoming the Champ. My hat's off to you. But the question is what kind of champion are you gonna make? Will you be a hero? or will you be a villain? That's the question of the day here. Course this is your first official match since Summer XXXtreme, and the first time you and I have ever crossed paths with one another."

I was honestly looking forward to this.

"Now, my goal is to regain the Roulette Title that was stolen from me..but my main goal is to become the Undisputed Champion...a victory over you would definitely be a huge feather in my cap. Because pinning you or making you submit would definitely put me in line for a title shot. But I don't want to get too ahead of myself. See, I know how much of a threat you are, and I am sure that you're gonna be one hell of a champion. But you got something that all of us get up and get out of bed and fight for. And this opportunity is something that doesn't come around very often. This team of heroes...are coming to fight for what we want. The three of us..against the three of you. Something's gotta give. Seeya soon"

I take my comics and hammer and walk off as the camera crew turn off everything.
user posted image

Accomplishments
Internet Champion(Final)
2017 Future Star Of The Year
Roulette Champion(x2)